Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2011
wow, at first I was surprise that Carl kneel down to invite Claire to fly together. But at the end the silver guy dude says that he the Prince of the Ballesteros Empire, well no surprise there.The ed really good, the long stroke at the end of the song, love it..
Jan 13, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
This show is very promising. I'm hoping for some twists :)
Jan 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2012
Well, I suppose it was nice having a little explanation here.

I like Wolfgang, he's pretty cool walking up and wiping that guy's shirt off.

Was hoping to see Ari partnered up with that silver haired guy, but perhaps there will be more on that next episode. I think it's funny how he keeps getting cut off in the previews.

rafi160 said:
Just like superman, Ka'el is a former prince lol
Wow, this whole time I thought Kal-el was just bad subs, since it sounds like they're just rolling the R's and saying Carl. But now I see it's his nickname, in which case I'm not a big fan of that, but I guess I can deal with it. Anyway, Superman isn't a prince, he was the son of one of Krypton's head scientists, Jor-El.
Jan 13, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2013
Very interesting episode.
Jan 13, 2014 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
Im really liking this show, great episode I hope it continues strong like this. I can't wait to find out more about the MC's past and why he got those crazy red eyes in the first episode when he saw the princess.
Jan 13, 2014 10:24 PM
Apr 2013
I'm enjoying this a lot and it's not boring at all to me, I welcome the character development shown thus far. I was initially worried that the main character would be a timid punk but thankfully he showed in this episode that he's more than capable of standing up for himself.
Jan 13, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
This has potential.
I again liked the second half of the episode a lot.
Jan 13, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2013
Kal-el a former crowned prince of Balsteros ? Idk why but I sense and expecting a Romeo x Juliet kind of story in this anime.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 13, 2014 11:48 PM
Aug 2011
Flarencess said:
Am i the only one who feels like the Op and Ending themes are somehow screaming that the clair girl is gona die?

I think its pretty much guaranteed Claire is going to die. Don't get too attached.
Jan 14, 2014 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:
Am i the only one who feels like the Op and Ending themes are somehow screaming that the clair girl is gona die?

I think its pretty much guaranteed Claire is going to die. Don't get too attached.

I got the impression that Claire=Silver Haired Girl especially during this episode.
Jan 14, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2012
lol looks like he proposed to her

kal-e is a strong person n a prince to boot
Jan 14, 2014 12:26 AM
Feb 2009
preety decent ep
Jan 14, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
Carl pwning that annoying egotistic blonde.
And that seems like a marriage proposal, such a gigolo...

He's a former prince? Why didn't I see that coming?

jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

Please, spare my heart.
julyanJan 14, 2014 12:43 AM
Jan 14, 2014 12:35 AM
Aug 2011
minescope said:
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

I got the impression that Claire=Silver Haired Girl especially during this episode.

Someone else mentioned that they have the same voice actress so they are definitely the same person. Also I just realized that this is set in the same universe as To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku which is a full length film featuring a very similar story of star-crossed lovers. Don't want to spoil what happened at the end, but I'm willing to bet we'll see the same type of ending for this one.
Jan 14, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2013
Kal-el x Claire<333
I hope I'm not the only one crazy enough to think Ignacio x Ariel is possible lol.

minescope said:

I was thinking about that possibility too.
Jan 14, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2013
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

I don't think she's going to die but I get the feeling this is gonna be one of those tragic bittersweet love stories.
Jan 14, 2014 4:21 AM
Nov 2013
This anime is doing well so far. This is one of the few anime I want to see do extremely well.
Jan 14, 2014 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Wolfgang is awesome, and Kael has game. Also, Kael is a prince? Really interested to see what happened to his mother and why he isn't a prince anymore. On another note that blonde noble guy was a dick.

Mikenzb said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Lol, Carl mistaking someone for Claire in the beginning. I can totally relate to that.

Im pretty sure everyone can relate to that, I'm sure this has happened to everyone atleast one.
Happened to me the other day.
MinagatachiJan 14, 2014 4:27 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2014 5:35 AM
Dec 2013
SusuBitesYou said:
I wonder who Axis really is. Also, I wonder why Carl changed his name. I mean Balsteros still exists, did his family get kicked off the throne or something. I guess not, if they were, he probably would have been killed along with other members of the royal family. I guess I'm just wondering why he's not a prince anymore.

Well episode 1- I think, did show a part where a hall was burning and Carl's eyes were bright red, I suppose I has something to do with the current leader or something when he looked at her- the long silver hair lady which I believe has something related to Ignacio. Maybe the lady killed Karl's mom and degraded him when he was a child or something.....has to be like that.
Look forward to next episode!
Jan 14, 2014 5:40 AM
Dec 2013
LiquidGold said:
Im really liking this show, great episode I hope it continues strong like this. I can't wait to find out more about the MC's past and why he got those crazy red eyes in the first episode when he saw the princess.

Read what I wrote and maybe u'll get an idea. XD
Jan 14, 2014 6:10 AM
Jul 2013
Great episode. Really like the part where Kal-El showed that Melze guy who's boss and propose to Claire to fly with him. I wonder what's the deal of Ignacio getting angry at MC all the time. Pretty much related to revolutionary incident, I'm sure.

minescope said:
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

I had a feeling Nina and Claire is the same since they have the same voice actress not to mention their names seem to come together in infos i'v read.

Claire's going to die?!!! F*** I hope not
Jan 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2010
jiraiya_sensei said:
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

I don't think she's going to die but I get the feeling this is gonna be one of those tragic bittersweet love stories.

I'd mentioned the ED in the first episode ,she seems like she's going to be separated from him or die.But I just hope that doesn't end up like ''he and she will never together'' .

LilyWeissJan 14, 2014 8:29 AM
Jan 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Mar 2011
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

NOOOO. NOOOOOOO!!!!! What makes you say such thing! If Claire dies, I'll crawl into bed and cry :'(
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Jan 14, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2012
A lot better than the previous episode. I guess everyone is secretly royal.
Jan 14, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
A lot of character introductions as usual
Just found out it's only 12 episodes,
hope they can manage to present a good story with great Aerial battles

So Kal el or Karl used to be a nobility as well
Jan 14, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
Nice , thought he was gonna propose.....hahaha
Jan 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
This is so great. Now things are starting to make sense.
Superman Kal-El is a prince, well I guessed right, his behaviour was particular for a commoner, I loved how he owned hard Melze. Also, he sure doesn't like to waste time in love.

We also get starting to understand why that white-haired guy seems hating Kal-El.
Jan 14, 2014 11:51 AM
Mar 2013
things are getting interesting now ^^
Jan 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2011
Superman showing that arrogant prick who's boss while getting the girl at the same time. That's great.
Jan 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2011
Kal-El was so cool. He even got Claire as his partner. He's a prince!!! Aww Ariel has Ignacio : 0. Great cast of characters. I hope nothing tragic happens : (
Jan 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
It's great so far, this ED is so calm.
Jan 14, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Story moving faster than I was thinking it was going to. Wonder when they going to run into trouble. Its been very calm so far.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 14, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
That was a cool 2nd episode, world bulding and character introduction etc was done great. Not fond of what that long hair dude said to claire when he was telling her that she was needed and such. The ending has me interested, i'm guessing that emo kid feels betrayed by him??
On that note, emo kid's preview are HILARIOUS
Wolfgang is cool, but the girl which has that funky accent (says "tsu" alot) clicked with me quite a lot.
Jan 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
Ok, so better than the first episode for sure. Still kind of bored by the progression, nothing is happening. There's good character development, and even decent relationship development. Claire x Karl seemed rushed in episode 1, but it was more normal in this episode, so I can it let it go. Where are all the dog fights and aerial attacks, you don't carry that much defensive power for no reason.

Karl being a prince comes as no surprise, the plot summaries that were put out for this series all said as much. His ability to own the royal douchebag was really cool, did enjoy seeing that.

All in all, I guess I'll give another episode a try. Feels too soon to judge it and drop it.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 14, 2014 4:51 PM
Jan 2012
Dude straight married her. Not a second thought.
Jan 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Mar 2013
I'm intrigued of why Ignacio always looks like he's gonna kill Kal-El every time he looks at him lol
Claire <3
Jan 14, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
Not surprising that he's a prince. And he has balls to confront that douchebag of a nobility and then smoothly ask Claire to pair up with him like a married proposal.

They should marry already.

I was waiting for the completion of the series before watching it, but knowing how good it is, end up watching this episode.
Jan 15, 2014 12:17 AM

Jan 2008
So far so good. I'm hoping to see some cat-dog interaction between Ariel and Ignacio pairing during the exercise in this episode. Hahaha. Too bad, there's none though.

I'm guessing Ignacio is some kind of a guardian...his father was probably a loyal follower of Karl family.
Jan 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Jun 2012
minescope said:
jzmagic said:
Flarencess said:

Well I had it spoiled that:
Jan 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
At the very beggining he's looking for claire huh, hahahaa

They're on the era where they still haven't reached the other side of the planet. Only knowing of the sky's end..

I wonder why, but seeing a silver-haired guy annoys me, their attitude is of like valvrave's L-elf. Just like here, that silver-haired guy never socialize with other people..

Grrr, another spoiled rich brat. A little more of his looks and he'll be resembling Rundelhouse.

Yes!!! Kal-el won Claire against that rich spoiled brat! How manly to do that in front of everyone else. That's why claire's so into him hahaha!

Ahh seeing claire and kal-el together is so relaxing... Bliss it is... It looks like claire'll be friends with those bunch, nice turn of events!

Woah, former crown price of the Balesteros empire, Karl La Hire huh, so that answers my query why he's with that silver-haired girl in the OP...

Looks like there's a lot of story in this and also a Love triangle...

Gotta wait for the next episode..
Jan 15, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:

Jan 15, 2014 2:31 AM

Jan 2011
what if Claire crashed the plane and die? allowing her to fly it just not make sense

I already can guess that uncle is same age with them^^
Jan 15, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
What an interesting revelation...
Jan 15, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
so his sisters aren't his real sisters ?

I see what they did there :))))))
Jan 15, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
okay wow that ending was an actual wtf moment
it seems so obvious to others but i wasn't expecting it at all

can i just say how happy i am that this kal-el ISN'T a wimp
i absolutely hate wimpy mc's and he really put blondie in his place lol

looking forward to the next ep so much :'D
Jan 15, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2009
Dam Kal is smooth~
I guess most of the budget is going to the CGI thus the inconsistent animation :o
Jan 15, 2014 11:27 PM

Jul 2010
Really liking this anime so far. Has a 90s anime feel.
Jan 15, 2014 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
Um. What the heck, MAL.

Jan 16, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2013
Nice 2nd episode! Karl and Claire seem quite nice together! Then there's that ignacio axis guy who seems to be watching Karl closely...too closely. Introduction of various themes like history of the End of the sky, why so many defenses on Isla etc leaves us with the anime as being a little too rushed but maybe this was the purpose of the first few episodes being informative while the rest of the series is action and adventure. Then there's that one guy in the council of four saying that the journey is a one way trip. How does he know this? What secrets are they really keeping? What is Karl's main purpose of joining the fleet? We'll just have to wait and see what happens in episode three.
But what I thought was really nice in the anime was the opening!
Jan 16, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
zannet_t said:
Um. What the heck, MAL.

Yeah, I've been spoiled too thanks to MAL.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.