Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 9, 2016 7:17 PM
Jan 2015
Pretty good ending to the series. I'm glad that everything tied together fairly well, especially since I was getting a little confused/frustrated during the earlier episodes.

One thing that kind of irked me was that everyone was still alive from the crash. I totally thought that everyone besides Riki and Rin were supposed to be dead or dying. The lead up to this episode just feels weird to me now. I still liked the happy ending though lol.
May 23, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
6/10. All the buildup was wasted, some questions or plot points were left unanswered, and in the end all was well.

Who is Kyousuke and why can he 'create' a world just like that while freezing time? Classic Key and their otherworlds. It was all fiction, and apparently only the main characters' personalities were in it, yet even secondary characters had well defined traits, and even backstories at times. Did Kyousuke also imagine all of that? Is he God? Are those characters even real? (ex: Sasami, the mean girls, the one-eyed archer girl, etc).

Why did the anime go the extra length to make it seem like everyone was dead (fake feels) just so in the end literally no one was dead at any point in time? Understandably, the 'dead' never assumed that the main couple would be strong enough to rescue them, but still. Tricking the audience into being moved at something that was never real is cheap. At the very least they could have been severely injured. There were pools of blood after all inside that bus but nope, everyone is fine!

Everybody survives. Out of a crash like that. Ok lol, anime magic. Lack of realism and suspension of disbelief can only carry me so far.

This one is a bit far fetched, but in one take (ep 12) you can see that the buses were traveling caravan-style one behind another. Yet when the crash took place, they all vanished. The thought of this entire story becoming utterly pointless had one of those other buses stopped right away to assist the accident victims is scary.

Romance appears out of effing nowhere, though calling it 'romance' is already pushing it, and it goes absolutely nowhere as well. It was hinted that it had already happened in other worlds before by Kyousuke, yet nothing happened at all in the last definitive fake world nor in the real world. Writers simply forgot about it.

I had already guessed that their field trip bus crashed from the June 20th repeating itself (with the board always reading "Field trip something") and that Riki and Rin were the sole survivors, yet this wasn't a detriment to my final score. Last 2 episodes were just handled very poorly in my opinion.

Edit: Forgot to mention how funny is seeing Riki out of all people so willingly to jump back into a van to go on a field trip after enduring not one but two traumatizing car accidents. The other ones don't seem to mind it so much either.
InfatuateMay 23, 2016 11:52 AM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
Made it to happiness!

I wished for a bit more from the series, but was fun to watch in any case.
Jan 6, 2017 10:07 PM

Sep 2015
Okay, I'm super glad everyone survived and happy they have a safe trip in that white van. But one big question is still going on in my head, were all those sad back stories , real? Because everything was trial and error for Riki and Rin to mature. They might have been real but I felt like all of the new girls added to the little busters developed their friendship with them inside the world and in the real world never knew them at all. If they were real, I feel like the little busters may not have had been together at the time to solve it in real life.
Jan 10, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2015
Absolute bull$hit. The ending was the biggest pile of crap I seen in a long while.

Here the reasons why it is impossible for the events that occurred in this episode to be even remotely plausible.

-The bus weighs about 12 tonnes and say it did about 10+ revolutions. Which mean SOME students should have been crushed by the weight of the bus.
-Some students should have been thrown out of the windows
-Rin had an injured arm and Rikki an injured leg. They shouldn't have had the ability to carry 30 students out of the bus and over a hill
-The bus should have exploded a lot sooner
-Grass doesn't spontaneously combust like that
-So out of all the students, Kyousuke had the most significant damage by far. We saw him in the flashback dragging his body through the dirt with large amount of blood lost. Why is this? Didn't Kengo and Masato shield Rikki and Rin from during the crash? Why didn't we see large pool of blood under them, when they were on the ground.
-Episode 12 shows us a scene with a large pool of blood on the floor of the bus and blood smears on the wall of the bus. Kyousuke couldn't have been the only person with that of a large blood loss or else he would be dead. There had to be others.
-Where did Riki and Rin get materials for the stretcher? The bus pretty much destroyed everything but from what we saw, they had perfect sticks and a nice white cloths available for them somehow.
-Rikki and Rin should not have been able to drag the stretcher with the individual on them. Why? The angle of the hill is steep and so the person should have slid off. Unless they took a really long time for each person....but that goes back point of why didn't the bus combust a lot sooner.
-When Rin and Rikki are trying to save Kyousuke, we saw Rikki struggle. Why? He had no issue dragging 15 other people up a steep hill before but now he struggles?
-How did Kyousuke know where the gasoline leak was coming from? If he was so bloodied up from the damage of the crash, shouldn't he have been delirious? How was he able to get his head right, pass himself through the mangled remains and find the exact leaking spot on the bus?
-Rin and Rikki's injuries should have been severely worse considering they were meters away from the crash. In fact they shouldn't have been able to move but hey screw logic.
-The explosion should have killed Rikki, Rin and Kyousuke. The proximity of the explosion was far to close for them to survive. Even if they were to survive, they should have all had severe 3rd degree burns on their back and legs.
-Kyousuke arriving at the end was deux ex machina.

The show tried way too hard to be like Clannad by implementing a supernatural twist to a slice of life anime and failed. At first I thought we would have more crazy fun behaviour of the Little Busters but the show deviated from that.

The beginning had that but then the show completely went off course with the whole Kurugaya incident. It was out of place and not really handled that well. Rin and Rikki started dating and then Kyousuke's plan was put in place. I was confused because I had no idea what was really going on with this plan. Then it all came together in the final episodes and by episode 10, I was waiting for the glorious realization of reality. This is of course ignoring my main issue with the show. too many members.

There were way too many members of the Little Busters and as seen by its low score, the first Little Busters. Sloppily put together one dimensional characters who fit a particular character archetype. No one really cared for the side characters...accept for Komari. She had some depth and allowed Rin to gain her final character change for her to break out of her depressed state.

Another major issue is the lack of world building. We rarely had them take tests, go to clubs, do homework or any other student duties. The show was based on events that happened during the summer but it felt empty. Nothing but the characters mattered and the world itself was hollow. Least with Clannad we see the main characters doing normal school activities and doing regular stuff high school students do.

The main four were generic but they did fulfill their duties. I for one didn't like how Kyousuke pulled crap from his ass. Oh ya I picked 5 random people who all had tragic pasts and would be able to make Rikki and Rin stronger. What did he stock them and find their personal info? I also didn't like the how Kyousuke was able to control what school Rin went to or how he able to warp reality itself. He had too much power and Kengo and Masato just go with it. In fact the entire nonsensical part where Rikki has to bring them back to the Little Busters was a big head scratcher. How did he do the same thing Kyousuke? Hell why was Rikki and Rin in the same dimension. They were both unconscious I get that but....you know what forget it. No point in trying to question deux ex machina.

Little Busters is a bad anime in my opinion. If they held their frame and maintained a sad ending, I would have been a lot more satisfied than this pile of garbage. The whole drivel conclusion of "lets make everyone happy" ending was a cop out.
EylandosJan 10, 2017 8:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2017 1:36 AM
Mar 2017
i seriously loved it. it made me cry a lot. it is a perfect nakige. ALL HAIL JUN MAEDA!!!!
Apr 20, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
There's one kind of ending that turns me off the most, and it's this "the supposedly dead character(s) were alive for unexplained reason because we need a happy ending". It feels like the show just slaps me in the head and then goes "it's a joke lol".

What's the point of the "feels", I mean, the entire message of LB, if NO ONE died? The show beat me over the head times and times and times again with the "good moment won't last forever", and the ending outright betrays that whole concept. Don't even let me touch on how unconvincing it was that apparently no one, except Kyousuke, was even heavily injured in the crash.

If the characters need to die to convey the story, then let them die. If you can't have a happy ending, then just forget about it. Don't ruin the story just to make everyone happy.
May 14, 2017 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Perfect series. Loved every moment of this. Glad it had a happy ending.
10/10
Jul 21, 2017 6:46 AM

Dec 2013
Convenient how everyone survived but overall I'm happy with this ending.

The little field trip had me grinning.

Jul 22, 2017 8:15 PM

Nov 2016
Such a great way to end this very good anime. This season already started a bit better than the previous one, but with the twist in the late second half this became quite magical. I was impressed that there was more to some characters than just their one trait and the OSTs were fantastic, they really reinforced the emotional impact this show had.

I'm also completely satisfied with the happy end we got and the beach excursion along with the first opening was a worthy way to conclude this final.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2017 2:39 AM

Aug 2007
Eylandos said:
Absolute bull$hit. The ending was the biggest pile of crap I seen in a long while.

Here the reasons why it is impossible for the events that occurred in this episode to be even remotely plausible.

-The bus weighs about 12 tonnes and say it did about 10+ revolutions. Which mean SOME students should have been crushed by the weight of the bus.
-Some students should have been thrown out of the windows
-Rin had an injured arm and Rikki an injured leg. They shouldn't have had the ability to carry 30 students out of the bus and over a hill
-The bus should have exploded a lot sooner
-Grass doesn't spontaneously combust like that
-So out of all the students, Kyousuke had the most significant damage by far. We saw him in the flashback dragging his body through the dirt with large amount of blood lost. Why is this? Didn't Kengo and Masato shield Rikki and Rin from during the crash? Why didn't we see large pool of blood under them, when they were on the ground.
-Episode 12 shows us a scene with a large pool of blood on the floor of the bus and blood smears on the wall of the bus. Kyousuke couldn't have been the only person with that of a large blood loss or else he would be dead. There had to be others.
-Where did Riki and Rin get materials for the stretcher? The bus pretty much destroyed everything but from what we saw, they had perfect sticks and a nice white cloths available for them somehow.
-Rikki and Rin should not have been able to drag the stretcher with the individual on them. Why? The angle of the hill is steep and so the person should have slid off. Unless they took a really long time for each person....but that goes back point of why didn't the bus combust a lot sooner.
-When Rin and Rikki are trying to save Kyousuke, we saw Rikki struggle. Why? He had no issue dragging 15 other people up a steep hill before but now he struggles?
-How did Kyousuke know where the gasoline leak was coming from? If he was so bloodied up from the damage of the crash, shouldn't he have been delirious? How was he able to get his head right, pass himself through the mangled remains and find the exact leaking spot on the bus?
-Rin and Rikki's injuries should have been severely worse considering they were meters away from the crash. In fact they shouldn't have been able to move but hey screw logic.
-The explosion should have killed Rikki, Rin and Kyousuke. The proximity of the explosion was far to close for them to survive. Even if they were to survive, they should have all had severe 3rd degree burns on their back and legs.
-Kyousuke arriving at the end was deux ex machina.

The show tried way too hard to be like Clannad by implementing a supernatural twist to a slice of life anime and failed. At first I thought we would have more crazy fun behaviour of the Little Busters but the show deviated from that.

The beginning had that but then the show completely went off course with the whole Kurugaya incident. It was out of place and not really handled that well. Rin and Rikki started dating and then Kyousuke's plan was put in place. I was confused because I had no idea what was really going on with this plan. Then it all came together in the final episodes and by episode 10, I was waiting for the glorious realization of reality. This is of course ignoring my main issue with the show. too many members.

There were way too many members of the Little Busters and as seen by its low score, the first Little Busters. Sloppily put together one dimensional characters who fit a particular character archetype. No one really cared for the side characters...accept for Komari. She had some depth and allowed Rin to gain her final character change for her to break out of her depressed state.

Another major issue is the lack of world building. We rarely had them take tests, go to clubs, do homework or any other student duties. The show was based on events that happened during the summer but it felt empty. Nothing but the characters mattered and the world itself was hollow. Least with Clannad we see the main characters doing normal school activities and doing regular stuff high school students do.

The main four were generic but they did fulfill their duties. I for one didn't like how Kyousuke pulled crap from his ass. Oh ya I picked 5 random people who all had tragic pasts and would be able to make Rikki and Rin stronger. What did he stock them and find their personal info? I also didn't like the how Kyousuke was able to control what school Rin went to or how he able to warp reality itself. He had too much power and Kengo and Masato just go with it. In fact the entire nonsensical part where Rikki has to bring them back to the Little Busters was a big head scratcher. How did he do the same thing Kyousuke? Hell why was Rikki and Rin in the same dimension. They were both unconscious I get that but....you know what forget it. No point in trying to question deux ex machina.

Little Busters is a bad anime in my opinion. If they held their frame and maintained a sad ending, I would have been a lot more satisfied than this pile of garbage. The whole drivel conclusion of "lets make everyone happy" ending was a cop out.
Just finished this series and this is what also left me unsatisfied. Everything went well with the first half of this season, but then the ending is all "oooh, you poor watcher, we don't want you to hate us forever, so here is your happy ending". Meh. Also, indeed, the stretchers were impossible without them restraining the people onto the stretcher :') So many things were quite anime-only here. The show itself is all about giving Rin and Riki reality checks... only to end with the creators needing a reality check themselves and leaving us with such a weak non-befitting ending. :/ Only good thing about this ending was how Rin actually opened up to Komari and such, but welp.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 26, 2017 5:58 PM

Jan 2015
DragonsWhip said:
ust finished this series and this is what also left me unsatisfied. Everything went well with the first half of this season, but then the ending is all "oooh, you poor watcher, we don't want you to hate us forever, so here is your happy ending". Meh. Also, indeed, the stretchers were impossible without them restraining the people onto the stretcher :') So many things were quite anime-only here. The show itself is all about giving Rin and Riki reality checks... only to end with the creators needing a reality check themselves and leaving us with such a weak non-befitting ending. :/ Only good thing about this ending was how Rin actually opened up to Komari and such, but welp.

You are on the money. Great first half, nice set of characters and the plot was intriguing but instead of having characters deal with their problems, they pull that nonsense. Been a while since I watched it, might check it out again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2017 11:25 AM
Mar 2013
Watched this long ago, but I'm still going to comment. I didn't have any real problems except one thing. They show that some of the Refrain stuff happened before in the first season in the Kud route when Riki uses his cell (Rin in that outfit when she leaves everyone in the Refrain events, and Riki confronting Kyusuke holding Lennon Refrain scene). Okay here is the problem. If Kyusuke already failed with Rin's events before, why didn't he come up with something better than doing it again? Unlike Riki, Kyusuke's method with Rin was very cruel and unfair. She is sent to another school away from everyone she knows, and she isn't even allowed to have contact with Komari at least. Riki at the very least had contact with those around him in his trials, while Rin is forced to shoulder everything all on her own completely isolated from everyone she knows. That's not right, and he should have been able to come up with something better than that for her, especially when it failed the first time prior to us seeing this Refrain timeline, and this second fail had repercussions on Rin's mental state for a time. He deserved that punch Kengo gave him. There's so many things he could have done better than what he did come up with for Rin.
RoychopOct 28, 2017 11:28 AM
Aug 15, 2018 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
... now this is closer to my preference than clannad and its creepy nagisa eyes and yet i cant give them different grades..... wait i just realized i did
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Aug 22, 2018 11:54 PM
Jan 2018
Almost a decade late to this show. Freaking Masterpiece.
I have some really cool pictures that I think as an avi pic would look kinda...well cool. But MAL keeps telling me the pictures to big, and I have a rule to procrastinate at every opportunity I'm given. So only the Good Lord knows if an image will ever be associated with the single digit post count demon, KamiLovesAO.
If you are actually interested in seeing some of those pictures of me doing absolutely nothing exciting at all, they are on my IG, which is, coincidentally the same as my name here. Anyways, E7 forever.
Feb 13, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Huh, so they went for the happy ending in the end and everyone survived. Didn't expect that, I thought they would go full drama.

Overall too much drama and not enough comedy in comparison to season 1, didn't enjoy it as much. 5/10
May 21, 2019 10:32 PM
May 2017
Pretty nice series but ending is complete bullshit. I don't get point for pushing this "super happy end". It should have ended at EP11. What was the whole point for Rikki and Rin going through all this shit, learn and grow up only to get "hey everyone is alright we all will be together forever".

Sorry i dont buy this finale. 9/10 for 2nd season and 5/10 for this ep.
HafexoMay 21, 2019 10:44 PM
Oct 5, 2019 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was good! I had a friend in college that I looked up to like Riki did to Kyousuke, and he watched over and cared for me in much of the same way. Good memories. I'm happy everyone made it out, was expecting more of a rewind-time or some other supernatural kind of thing, but I'm glad it happened they way it did, felt more satisfying! 10 out of 10, would watch again!...no Rin and Riki kiss or even hand holding at the end, just a close up (heh), hmph! I nitpick xp
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 11, 2020 6:30 AM

Aug 2018
9/10

so glad I finally dug season 1 out of my dropped list for a second try. I haven't played the VN but I could tell it was pretty rushed at times otherwise I would have given it a 10 right up there with Clannad.

Maybe someday they'll do a remake and tell a more complete story, wouldn't that be nice?
Mar 19, 2020 3:35 AM
Aug 2016
I don't care about the barrage of bullshit J.C Staff has subjected us to these past couple of episodes, what I can't forgive however is the amount of shit taste they've displayed by not choosing to go with Kurugaya's route, this season went to shit the moment they shafted her and made Riki suddenly realize that he's in love with Rin out of nowhere, seriously fuck them and fuck this shit.
Apr 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Dec 2017
I agree with pretty much everything Eylandos said. There is so much bs with the bus scene and I laughed pretty hard at the comedy of the whole situation.
- No one got impaled by flying glass? We clearly see shattered windows, where does the glass go?
- The injuries don't make sense (see: blood trails mentioned by Eylandos)
- Suddenly pan the camera away as the bus explodes with the three of them nearby. Sure lol wanna explain?
- Kyousuke not bleeding to death is a miracle. And I wanna know how much blood he lost during the whole scene.
- I love how willingly the cast is to go on another trip when they just survived one ~3 months ago. No PTSD anyone?

w/e just read Eylandos' post
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 8, 2020 5:09 AM
Sep 2020
we want to see episode of rin and riki relationship after the event of refrain becuase we want to see more imrove of the relationship between them.
Oct 10, 2020 4:57 AM

Feb 2018
No, welcome back Kurugaya ... Rip no Kurugaya bikini, happy end
Jan 11, 2021 5:58 AM
Apr 2020
Oh man.. What a great sequel indeed. What a perfect anime with a perfect ending. That Episode 11 was a highlight for me, haven't cried in a long time :")

Easy 10/10 for me. I don't know if I'll watch the EX! And the movie one. I'm already satisfied with the ending. Maybe some other time :)
Feb 6, 2021 8:01 PM

Dec 2016
Well ... Finally finished this series.
Although this might work as a game/visual novel, it didn't worked as an anime ...
Didn't liked the characters overall, neither the repetitive use of the songs, unnecessary drama and moments, and tons of non-sense here and there.

I had some hopes for this. Sadly, it didn't turn out to be half of them. It's a 3/10 for me
Mar 31, 2021 5:33 AM

Jun 2017
It's 6am - and thank GOD I stayed up to watch the last episode, or I would have been depressed all day at work tomorrow.. err... today.. and honestly kind of angry too. If this show had ended an episode or two ago, it would have been unacceptable, but I'm not so sure how I feel about literally everyone surviving either... it seems like kind of a cop out.

Not that I wanted them to die, as I love the characters, but I dunno, for the buildup that seemed a little too easy, though I guess without Riki and Rin "growing up" they wouldn't have been able to save everyone.

Also it's a little sad that, Kyosuke driving at the end there, was nerve wracking cuz I half expect Key anime to do something like have a car smoke them as they pull onto the road. After that bus, who can blame me? Even more because the end is a little hard to believe, so much that it feels incomplete. I actually did sorta expect something else to happen. I'm not opposed to happy endings, just ...would prefer they be a little more well thought out...

Overall, I enjoyed the series, it was a good light-hearted watch.. until it wasn't at least. But this ending is a little TOO light-hearted.
Apr 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Jun 2019
After watching S1, I felt a lil bit disappointed, specially bc Mio arc looked so half-assed. Kud background and arc weren't bad at all but the way she freed herself and the easy escape were so cheap that ruined the whole arc. Then we have the god-like Yuiko, who in most cases she would be my best girl but here she is so perfect that there's no way to love her.

And then I watched S2, with a heartwarming start and then getting darker as shit unfolded as I realized about the secret of the world. So, I rly have a good time watching S2 and realized that even S1 having those flaws, it shouldn't be ranked without considering S2.

I should say, I expected a lil bit moar of romance, not just from Riki... maybe the other guys/girls could get some match... what about a crazy Masato and Kud ship?
KarlmeisterApr 6, 2021 6:37 PM

Apr 21, 2021 1:08 AM

Sep 2020
Do you believe in miracles? _ Yes I do,
Because their Team name is "Little busters"

May 23, 2021 11:43 AM
Jan 2021
I gave it a 10 overall because it hit me harder than clannad as. But i do agree having them save everybody was maybe not the best way to end the series. It doesnt devalue everything since without everything preceding it the little busters group would not be the size it is at the end but it may it does maybe cheapen it a little bit. Ill check out the vn in a couple years
Jun 14, 2021 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO although it isnt as good as the VN still hit me hard

Jul 29, 2021 5:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm okay, well that was sure wholesome but it's a bit disappointing that they chose a happy ending (or maybe could it be that they died in the explosion and the end we see here is something that they just dreamed?) anyway this season was better than the previous one thanks to the plot, it was a bit too "supernatural/magic" for how things got cleared etc but I still liked it, not impressive like some other key works though. 7/10
Aug 4, 2021 4:40 PM

Jan 2020
Actually a pretty good finale in my eyes. I love the happy ending with everyone together and the usage of the first opening is always nice.

despite the fact that I said some negative things in past episodes of refrain, I think I'll give it a surprisingly high 7/10 for now. Good stuff

Sep 6, 2021 2:01 AM

Jun 2020
After thinking about what they've been through and all the fun times that they've had they decided to save everyone which I didn't expect

I thought this was the depression episode as a finale but damn I didn't think of them saving everyone on the bus

It is a miracle saving everyone on the bus so that's a secret achievement that Riki did and I'm glad everyone survived the accident and everyone had fun as they always did.

This season was a bit of the saddest one in the series compared to the previous season some parts were a bit bland as they were close to explaining how their world works but the ending was good to be on its own that everyone survived in that time.
Aug 8, 2022 2:22 PM
Dec 2021
great anime! Kyousuke is so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Feb 16, 2023 7:49 AM
Nov 2019
Wait I have question, didn't they became friends with the other 5 in the "fake" world? Then how are they friends with them in the real world I'm confused
Feb 18, 2023 3:51 PM
May 2013
just finished my 3rd rewatch and wow, i never commented here? this season is still amazing even 10 years later (jesus i'm old) so i thought i had, with how massive an impact it left on me. 

the ending was definitely not as satisfying as the other, more mature Key works, but i don't know what else they could've done in order to make it more memorable. i've always thought they

but that's way too seinen in comparison to the show's overall warm, cuddly feel and tone.

in hindsight, the first season feels like a drag at points and way too dramatic, like it wanted you to cry along forcibly. in comparison, Refrain was concise, to the point and a lot more understated with its emotional gut punches. i even skipped ahead to the CHEAP TRICKS scene midway through the first season with how impatient i was, knowing what would happen while still having to sit through half a season of annoying wafuus.

after that, i kinda just wanted the rest of S1 to be over and rushed through. it's still good, i never really skip anything - S2 is just TOO good. hell, on all my watchthroughs i go through S1 without tearing up but the floodgates open at the Refrain OP. it's perfect, and when you already know everything that's about to happen the symbolism hurts like a motherfucker.

S1 is a 7/10, this is an 8.5 - behind Clannad, Kanon and Angel Beats but ahead of Charlotte, Rewrite and Air for me. J.C. Staff did an... okay job. questionable CGIs and 3Ds everywhere, weird storyboarding in some cases. people who said KyoAni couldn't do better clearly don't remember how peerless they used to be when it came to VN adaptations. 

i'll never forget this anime though. it shows when i'm still watching it after a whole decade.
felipecardelFeb 18, 2023 3:57 PM
Sep 13, 2023 3:01 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2013:

Mar 3, 4:34 AM

Aug 2011
An unrealistic, yet adorable ending.
Apr 19, 12:46 PM
Mar 2024
I think the whole show is much better when you finish refrain another good KEY studio anime. I think its a great show to show the potential we humans have to fight for one another if we truly belive spoilers ahead. But I think only the true ending is better in my opion then the one it dose end with

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.