Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, dat blood.

Mm, a lot of still images this episode not that I mind. I feel Riki's pain ;.;
Kyousuke ;.;

Dat OST. Dat mood. I suppose this was a decent way to conclude the show. Glad they got most of guys and girls out of there from the bus though. BOOM. 8/10. Glad to see everyone back again especially Kurugaya :3
Dec 28, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
Yayayayayay
Little Jumpers~
No kiss for the Rinfags, Mission Complete!
Vladz0rDec 28, 2013 3:54 AM
Dec 28, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Welp the end. I'll sort of miss it Kyousuke.
Btw OTP confirmed
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/OTP_zps8b30ff10.png
egnaro15Dec 28, 2013 3:56 AM
Dec 28, 2013 3:56 AM
Dec 28, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
What happened to Riki when he was a kid was pretty messed up.

Happy ending with Riki and Rin saving everyone..seriously everyone by getting them out of the bus.
Loved seeing all the Little Busters together again. Kyousuke coming in through the window lol
Oh god. After surviving a horrible bus accident, lets all go on a trip together in this van haha.

I really enjoyed this episode, and this season as a whole. That ending was so nice.
Dec 28, 2013 4:12 AM

Sep 2013
Still have to wait 3 hours for the subs.. no kiss? Or special scene? Agh fuck I was sure they would put that in
Dec 28, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
So they pushed for the true end huh?
Nice to hear Little Jumpers again. :3
8/10

*coughs*

DeathyZA said:
Still have to wait 3 hours for the subs.. no kiss? Or special scene? Agh fuck I was sure they would put that in

Kyousuke won at the end bro... by a landslide if I must say.
julyanDec 28, 2013 4:17 AM
Dec 28, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2012
DeathyZA said:
no kiss? Or special scene? Agh fuck I was sure they would put that in

By special scene, if you mean the Kyousuke and Riki moment when he was touching his face and wiping away his tears, then yes. That was a special moment indeed.
Dec 28, 2013 4:30 AM

Sep 2013
Pfft then why do riki and rin hold hands in EX? Fck was so looking forward to the kiss
Dec 28, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2011
I like this episode, especially the second half though I still wish they'd kept the bad end... 8/10

I also love how Little Jumpers' lyrics was made to reflect onto their new situation as opposed to the original Little Busters! :D All those shots by Mio were great too!
OLHeartsDec 28, 2013 4:46 AM
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 28, 2013 4:38 AM

Jan 2011
DeathyZA said:
Pfft then why do riki and rin hold hands in EX? Fck was so looking forward to the kiss

To fit the lyrics
"Being alone was lonely so the two held hands"
Dec 28, 2013 4:39 AM

Aug 2008
Helll yeah kyousuke shipping you did it JC Staff!

At least they understood who the true "heroine" actually was.

Anyway a shame they didnt grow a million balls and do the normal ending but whatever.
Dec 28, 2013 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
Please, please, PLEASE tell me they adapted this CG!
http://static.zerochan.net/Little.Busters!.full.26395.jpg

If they haven't, then I shall have to flip some tables.
Dec 28, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2013
Yea rikixkyousuke.. no thanks, Rin please
Dec 28, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2012
Seano299 said:

Can't see.. use the share link provided instead.
Dec 28, 2013 5:34 AM

Jan 2011
Aww, no Field Trip OST ;__;

That Riki x Kyousuke, that cute Mio! I approve~
That beautiful Kyousuke *v* http://i.imgur.com/1TkKsJE.jpg

I think I'll write out what I feel about this series later. I really don't know how to feel about this series as it's been a somewhat-rough roller coaster ride//
Dec 28, 2013 5:36 AM

Dec 2011
Seano299 said:

Yep, it was adapted.

@DeathyZA

Well, Riki and Rin ALMOST kissed each other... http://i.imgur.com/1hz53Ra.jpg lol
Dec 28, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2013
Dat scene.. why didn't they tho :(
Dec 28, 2013 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
dizzyworld2 said:
Aww, no Field Trip OST ;__;

That Riki x Kyousuke, that cute Mio! I approve~
That beautiful Kyousuke *v* http://i.imgur.com/1TkKsJE.jpg

I think I'll write out what I feel about this series later. I really don't know how to feel about this series as it's been a somewhat-rough roller coaster ride//

Well, then I'm satisfied :)
Dec 28, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2012
A good, fitting end to this series. I swear the beginning of the episode is more complicated than it needed to be, but whatever.

Can't believe they didn't play "Boys Don't Cry" when Kyoysuke came down. A lot less feelsy than the VN, but that's okay.

Ending sequence was fucking amazing. Dat "Little Busters Jumper Ver." and the montage was really nice (much better than the VN one). I still don't get why season 1 ED showed them leaving at dawn when this was clearly midday, but I suppose they have their reasons.

Also, Mio being kawaii as fuck. She's pretty handy with that camera too. Masato being a nice guy at the end too, awwwww.

Stark700 said:
http://i.imgur.com/835RDFz.png
Beautiful.

I cried.

Dat Komari. O_O
I guess she's one of those people who are normally derp but super photogenic when duty calls. Kurugaya is Kurugaya. 'Nuff said.

So, overall:
Lots of ups and downs in this series. We've been through flamewars, VN/anime rage and the like, but I really think at the end of it this VN is adapted pretty well. Of course its not perfect, but hey, the VN isn't leaving anywhere. This anime was funny, got the feels across, and I really liked it.

I'd give it 8.5 - 9 outta 10.

As a side note, how does everyone think Refrain ranks up against other anime this season? From what I'm watching, Refrain seems like it only loses to the likes of White Album 2 and Nagi no Asukara (debatable). Unless there's another really good series airing right now that I'm not aware of, Refrain seems to be one of the best of Fall 2013.
SleepingEntityDec 28, 2013 7:15 AM
Dec 28, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
I just saw the raw... but i must say i'm kinda dissappointed. :(

Don't get me wrong, for the anime as a standalone, this was awesome. But if you have played the visual novel... It's just not the same.

It was the same with Clanand, i guess. The plot about the boy getting the girls, so at the end he use all the orbs to make his wish come true. But in the anime they didn't use it exactly like that and change some story and left out some stuff, making all a litte bit confusing, and still is one of the best animes.

LB:Refrain is the same.
Without mentioning that i'm a Kurugaya-fag, she deserves more than all the other heroines. Because of the theories about Kurugaya's true end(which are well debated and explained in this post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=650837) until now, isn't wrong to asume that Kurugaya x Riki pairing is canon. At least, more than the others.
The hierarchy would be something like this, in my opinion:
1.- Kurugaya.
2.- Ex routes.
3.- Rin.

Why?

1.- Kurugaya has her true ending after refrain, meaning, in the real world. Next, from the CD's it's safe to assume the characters remember all the related to their whishes:
Rin: to get stronger
Komari: get over her brothers death
Kud: get over her mothers death
Haruka: reconcile with her sister
Mio: accept herself.
Kurugaya: Learn human emotions, which she didn't really got in the first playthrough.
Also, at the end of the last route of Refrain(the second), Riki tells us about how the girls are doing. He say thinks like "haruka and her sister get along" and "mio seems to accept herself" while with Kurugaya he says "she has a bittersweet smile". And the game ends there. Then you play it again(Refrain already completed) and Kurugaya finally confess her felings to Riki(while Riki remembers his own's). That's enough to say: They are canon.

2.- Ex routes are all after refrain, i think, i haven't seen them cuz the aren't english i think, but i'm loking for videos with subs. But basically their routes happen in the real world, at least Sasami's, since Komiri remembers about the imaginary world and her wish.

3.- The first run of Refrain isn't really canon. You have to play it again, and then Rin doesn't confess to Riki in the hospital(i guess peple who just saw the anime won't get this xD) Basically i'm saying that in the last true route(besides Kurugaya's, which happens after this), Rin and Riki really didn't get to be couple, but they could.

You people should read the VN. I did it with Kanon and Clannad and learn that animes really aren't as good as the original, that's why with Little Busters i decided to read it first, and i'm glad.

Basically i was excepting at least some litte hints from Kurugaya's true route. Just he saying "but Kurugaya seems to have a bittersweet smile" i could have been like "YEAH! THEY ARE GONNA END UP TOGETHER!". But i didn't get even that. Just that thing give this feeling about the anime's ending. But it was in fact good, just not as the original.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki, Houtarou
Dec 28, 2013 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
I'm just gonna forget that last week's episode ever existed. All and all it turned out quite nicely. Ending + Little Jumper Ver. of "Little Busters" playing in the background made me smile so much. Might as well look forward LB:EX next. SAYA~!!!!!
Dec 28, 2013 7:17 AM
Sep 2012
When do subs get posted?
Dec 28, 2013 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
You people should read the VN. I did it with Kanon and Clannad and learn that animes really aren't as good as the original, that's why with Little Busters i decided to read it first, and i'm glad.

I can't speak for Clannad, but kanon really? I thought the VN was horribly boring compared to the anime. Not only that but most of the build up and emotional moments are still present in the anime (because the VN wasn't very long this was possible).

But for every other anime, they are abridgements of the VN. Obviously they are going to feel a little flat in comparison because they have to leave out details. But the anime is for people who don't have the patience or desire to read a VN (trust me they aren't for everyone).
Dec 28, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
KudryavkaWafuu said:
When do subs get posted?

About 20 minutes ago (Although I'm waiting for dat 1080p)
Dec 28, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:

I can't speak for Clannad, but kanon really? I thought the VN was horribly boring compared to the anime. Not only that but most of the build up and emotional moments are still present in the anime (because the VN wasn't very long this was possible).

But for every other anime, they are abridgements of the VN. Obviously they are going to feel a little flat in comparison because they have to leave out details. But the anime is for people who don't have the patience or desire to read a VN (trust me they aren't for everyone).

I can't speak for Kanon, but Clannad was horribly convoluted and actually worse than the anime IMO. The route choices sometimes made no sense, not to mention you can't actually "collect" all the members into the Drama Club like the anime.
Dec 28, 2013 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode. So Riki and Rin saved everyone. Riki parents death :O, They all back again :D and They showed Rin singing as I expected for them to do since it was in the opening. Kyousuke is back :D Now they are on the beach having fun. But everyone else must have forgotten about the other loops only Rin and Riki knows them since Kyousuke said "Riki you've become stronger." I'll give this series a 9/10 being good and faithful to the visual novel.
ps. They mention Kick the Can and others stuff from common routes in this episode but they didn't show it in the anime so they did happen in the anime without showing us them..
IshkotenDec 28, 2013 7:51 AM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 28, 2013 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
The complicated part of Riki going back to the point of him being born was actually explained better than in the VN.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 28, 2013 7:45 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Damn, it's sad. If only it was a better adaptation overall I could give it a pretty high score but up until episode 9 I was pretty annoyed so now I'm kinda numb to the sadness >_<
Dammit, silly adaptation! I'll probably rewatch this at some point to actually like it!
Dec 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it so much >.<!!! I was shedding tears of happiness at the last part :D

Animation was great from start to finish. No derp faces or anything which is great ^^

Emotions in the first half were brilliantly done starting with Riki's past and Riki's monologue to get stronger to him and Rin saving the others. Dem feels T^T
Loved how they were carrying each one of them.

The part with saving Kyousuke was really well done too :)...Loved it a lot.

Did anyone notice Kurugaya looking at Riki while we was saying "It's not like I'm not worried" when he was looking out the window (around 17:15) Just some JC teasing lol XD

The last part with their private field trip and all the snapshot was so much fun. I was smiling throughout :)...Dat RinxRiki close kiss teasing XD
Loved all the snapshots so much esp Komari+Yuiko one and Kyousuke+Rin one. So beautiful <3

As for how to rate this...hmmmm...This ep was an easy 10/10.

If I didn't take the fact this is an adaption into account I'd give a 9.5/10 (Which is what I'll score it since it pretty much surpassed my expectations (with this being JC and all that ^^))

If I take that into account then 9/10. JC did a really good job overall, esp considering it being 1 cour but some parts felt missing something.

All in all great adaption in general and glad to see LB get animated :D
Now to see how much it rises on the rankings? I'm guessing 8.40 is the max it'll reach.
Barion-ZaraDec 28, 2013 8:00 AM
Dec 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
This episode seemed off.

Anyway, finally this bullshit is over so I can start to move on. That was quite a ride, in both a good and a bad way.

Dec 28, 2013 7:55 AM
Sep 2008
Read after watching.

P.S. I love this SHOW!

P.S.S

That's funny. So you should now know this is a rated 10 anime.
gohancainDec 28, 2013 8:04 AM
Dec 28, 2013 7:55 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I was going to give this show a 10/10 but the last episode didn't meet my expectations/hopes so I'll give it a 9/10. A Riki x Rin kiss scene would of been nice and might of earned it a 10, but a death scene would if defiantly earned it a 10....oh well.
Dec 28, 2013 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh Good to see we got a happy ending, I enjoyed this series alot.
Im also giving it a 9/10 as for the same reason as Lolicon

Lolicon said:
I was going to give this show a 10/10 but the last episode didn't meet my expectations/hopes so I'll give it a 9/10. A Riki x Rin kiss scene would of been nice and might of earned it a 10, but a death scene would if defiantly earned it a 10....oh well.
Dec 28, 2013 7:59 AM

Oct 2011
Lovely ending <3
8/10
Dec 28, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
At the start when riki did that amazing flip to find his weakness, I think I was laughing my eyes out instead of crying them out. I give this episode a 9/10. I raised it up to 9 because we got to see a hawt picture of Masato that mio took at the beach :)
Dec 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome last episode! I'm glad it got a happy end as I was expecting!

8/10 I started crying my eyes out when Kyousuke came back I love him so much such a freakin bro.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 28, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
This was a FANTASTIC end! I was so sure at least one person, mostly Kyousuke, was going to die so I kept crying throughout the whole thing until they said nobody died. Then I cried tears of joy. xD Then Kyousuke came back and I cried again... geez.

What a rollercoaster this anime is. I'm so glad I didn't drop it in Season 1 cuz I would of missed out on something extremely special.

I also love the bromance between Kyousuke and Riki, it's so damn cute! x3
Dec 28, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2011
The whole thing with Riki going back to before he was born was about as weird as I remember, but the ending itself was still very satisfying to experience again. The extra scenes at the end were a nice touch by JCStaff
NiyariApr 26, 2014 3:21 AM
Dec 28, 2013 8:18 AM
Feb 2013
I thought the rescue was pretty well-done. The golden glowing part still didn't catch on with me. But it was overall good, the Little Jumpers sequence was really good and the bits with Mio's camera and the long-absent heroines goofing off were welcome additions. I also appreciate the cameo of A-chan and Futaki taking care of the cats.
Rising7Dec 28, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2011
So am I really going to be the first one to mention that Riki/Rin and Kyousuke died when they were rescuing him?

No one??? The sudden color change, Riki's gasp and muted BG noise followed by huge explosion?

I don't even care if it's just speculation, but JC Staff managed to satisfy both parties and kept it as ambiguous as the visual novel in terms of whether they all lived or died.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.

Apr 2012
For some reason I was actually expecting some kind of bittersweet, tragic ending (holding my breath when Kyousuke was getting saved) , but hey, this works, too. :D Dat OST (and dat Kyousuke), tho.

Jun 2012
gohancain said:
Read after watching.

P.S. I love this SHOW!

P.S.S

That's funny. So you should now know this is a rated 10 anime.

You're right :)

What a lovely ending <3 But I will miss it to wait every Saturday until the episode is subbed and then watch it. I will really miss it D: But overall this anime was a 10/10 for me <3 Even though I read the VN.
Dec 28, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2008
Why I was full of doubts that Kyousuke can't make it and he will die?
When Rin and Riki go to save him, after take all students away from bus,
I was all like "Oh! C'mon! Hurry up and help Kyousuke!"
And this whole time, when everyone come back from hospital and only Kyousuke still was there, I was so afraid!

Really! Kyousuke, you become my number #1 favorite character from Key series! *.*

I really love series!
I cried so much!
I so happy everyone are ok and they alive! *.*

Really nice series...
but I don't understand one thing...
why when Rin and Riki go with Kyousuke,
Riki suddenly turns fearful?
What happen?
Dec 28, 2013 8:20 AM

Feb 2013
That ending. I had tears this episode as well.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 28, 2013 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
Wow that "Song for Friends" in the background as Riki and Rin carry everyone out of the bus :/ was it just me who shed a few tears during that scene? So sad yet so beautiful.

I really wanted to see dat Rin x Riki kiss! c'mon man why do they have to hurt me like this..
All joking aside though this is the first time ever in anime I actually approved of a gay relationship, Riki and Kyousuke would be perfect together, but I still think Rin x Riki is a match made in heaven.

The bonds these friends share is so heartwarming and beautiful and is something I hope I can have someday with others.
LOL when Masato and Kengo fell off the van!!

I'm glad everything worked out in the end for these guys. Now that this is over it's time to finish up the Rin2 route and play Refrain! 9/10
Dec 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2011
LittleStar said:

Really nice series...
but I don't understand one thing...
why when Rin and Riki go with Kyousuke,
Riki suddenly turns fearful?
What happen?

Exactly what I'm pointing out, it's to keep things ambiguous.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Dec 28, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode! It ended rather nicely with Little Jumpers!

Kyousuke coming through the window~ :3

And Kyousuke x Riki OTP xD

Well, despite all the frustration this series has caused, overall it was pretty good for an adaption. Definitely not perfect, but I'm grateful we even got an adaption in the first place.
Looking forward to EX now~ :D
Dec 28, 2013 8:29 AM
Jul 2013
I'm feeling like Riki is dreaming at the second half after the explosion. As though he fell in coma or something and is dreaming a happy end where everybody is safe and can smile together again.
Dec 28, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
So they finally manage a good episode, and it's the last x-x Oh well, I must say this episode gets a 4/5 from me. Very well done.

My favorite part was how they added to the characters here, like when everyone was talking in the classroom waiting for Kyousuke to return and talking about what to do. When Masato saw Kengo dancing on his way to the bus and he kicked him, and then how Riki and Rin almost kissed. It was funny and it gave a bit of depth to their characters rather than the usual crap we usually see.

The pictures of everyone on the beach were good too, and again with adding more to the characters it was funny seeing Haruka throw Kud into the air and Mio try to avoid being in a photo.

But alas, this is a JC Staff production so there are a few flaws.

[rant]
They used Song for Friends again, which this time pissed me off because of how they can't seem to quit using it. KyoAni and Key both have the TALENT to have an emotional scene without using the same f---ing music every time they need emotions to be felt. In the VN it's easy as they never played Clear Weather After the Rain or Song for Friends at the end of any of the boy's routes (Masato, Kengo, Kyousuke).

Fortunately, the idiots realized that Clear Weather After the Rain (Instrumental) fit very well into the scene in the school where they used it, so I was happy for that. I was afraid it would be the song with vocals again. It wasn't.

I'm a bit sad Riki never proposed to Rin or had the kiss, since I felt that's the way it was supposed to go. Maeda did write all of Refrain so it kind of should've been left in. Speaking of Refrain, I actually like how JC Staff got rid of the Key magic (having everyone die, then somehow going back in time and saving them) and made a more sensical ending. That was good.

My last gripe is that the ending with Little Jumpers... the scenes didn't really fit the music. Especially at the end. When the singer (forget her name) sings it in the VN in the ending, the final note or whatever, it cuts to a shot of a baseball being hit into the air (like Riki did before everyone left). Here it just showed some slow shots of everyone and it just didn't fit. The music was fast and energetic, and we got a few "pictures" Mio took of the group. Again, JC Staff had a lack of talent. They could've done something better there, I'm sure of it.

TL;DR Nonetheless, despite their fuck ups I think that, EXCEPT for the ending where the show didn't fit the pacing of Little Jumpers, JC Staff's triumphs outweighed their mistakes. I actually laughed at a few shots (again, Masato kicking Kengo and Haruka throwing Kud into the air) as it was fun and showed the characters at their finest. This is NOT a series I will watch again (if only KyoAni had done it then every episode would have been as good as this) but I'm alright. I have the episode where Masato goes crazy and this one, which are my two favorites of the series (since episode 11 was f---ed) and I'm satisfied with that.

The glass is always half full, right?

Episode Score: 9/10 (4/5 for MAL)
Final Series Score: 5.5/10
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.