Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
I create this thread just because I want to start a poll.

I know this was created at the season 1 section but creating in this section is more appropriate since Kurugaya's route is included on this season.

You know that in order to reach Kurugaya's True End, you must finish Refrain. The thing is, is her True End(I guess even the Normal End) occurred in the dream world or in the real world? And Riki and Kurugaya pairing is a canon pairing? I may think its canon but that builds another question regarding to Sasami's route vs Kurugaya's True End.

Anyway, I can only think the part where Riki ends up with Rin in Refrain is just a "bonus" for completing Refrain or the story of LB itself since you'll reach that "bonus" if you play Refrain for the 2nd time.

Also, do you think they'll include her True End?

So, your thoughts?

Aug 19, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
True End is set after Refrain if I remember it correctly, since it was a fall day? not so sure.

Sasami's route is kind of a 'what-if' scenario(?)

So I think if you don't proposed to Rin in the hospital, a Kurugaya end is possible to be canon.

Well, everything written here is my opinion.
Aug 19, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
Gitah-Muttan said:
True End is set after Refrain if I remember it correctly, since it was a fall day? not so sure.

I don't know if it's Fall but like I said, you can access her True End by completing Refrain so yeah, we can say it's set after Refrain.

Gitah-Muttan said:

Sasami's route is kind of a 'what-if' scenario(?)

Not really. It's a real continuation after the events of Refrain as I believe it's implied. Otherwise, her route shouldn't exist in the first place.

I don't know if you played Sasami's route but

Aug 19, 2013 6:47 AM

Feb 2012
First up I'm super biased o Kurugaya, but I'll post my opinion anyway~

First up after looking at the drama CD, it's very clear to me that Riki and Kyousuke at least remember everything, and I think it's safe to assume that everyone else does too.

That being said, you might think wouldn't every girl have feelings for Riki and confess? Well to me, every other girl had something they needed to get over:
Rin: to get stronger
Komari: get over her brothers death
Kud: get over her mothers death
Haruka: reconcile with her sister
Mio: stop being a depressed bitch I actually can't think how to put hers into words right now, I guess to accept herself?? but you guys get what I mean

but for Kurugaya, her route was about her being able to feel human emotions basically, but she wasn't able to confess to Riki (from what I remember) before her dream ended.

So with this, I think, while the other girls got over their problems, Kurugaya didn't get to, and since her entire route was just her falling in love with Riki, going back into the real world she kept those feelings (sorry if this sounds weird it's really late at night)

I agree with Tennoji that Rin romance scene was just a bonus, in the end she is Riki's childhood friend.

for the Sasami dillema,

Or we could just have Kurugaya confessing to Riki but he rejects her, they don't HAVE to get together >.> then Sasami route :3
smilewolfyAug 19, 2013 6:57 AM
Aug 19, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2011
smilewolfy said:

for the Sasami dillema,

Please put that as spoilers. 99% who played the VN here on MAL haven't played the EX routes.

Aug 19, 2013 7:00 AM

Feb 2012
waah i'm so sorry Q.Q I didn't think about ex spoilers T_T

hmmm I really can't give any opinion on Sasami's route properly until I play it, so I'll just leave with my Kurugaya theory there :3
Aug 19, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
Real World After Refrain >.>

Aug 19, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2010
Real World After Refrain.

Simply because it seems to make more sense based off how the game is set up.
The first time through her route, her CG for her route was monochrome, indicating that she couldn't confess in that world.

Finishing the refrain means that they have already left the dream; therefore, everyone is saved.Since you have to finish the refrain to get her true end,it implies that this time she confesses after the refrain.

It is only canon that Kurugaya confesses to Riki, but the pairing is not canon until Riki himself accepts the confession.

I always found visual novels let you choose Riki's feelings, so if you feel that Riki still loves Kurugaya, so whether the pairing is canon depends on the viewers standpoint.

I don't think they'll put the true end in the anime, because it's been focusing on friendship.
Aug 19, 2013 10:07 PM
Oct 2012
Tennouji_ said:
smilewolfy said:

for the Sasami dillema,

Please put that as spoilers. 99% who played the VN here on MAL haven't played the EX routes.

It's implied in the VN that the world in Sasami's route is

So Kurugaya's true route is likely to be in the Real world. As she is really Riki's perfect match (they complement themselves) Riki x Kurugaya after refrain may be real. And I think they said something that it happens in Fall.
Aug 20, 2013 1:14 AM

Sep 2011
Irustua said:
Tennouji_ said:
smilewolfy said:

for the Sasami dillema,

It's implied in the VN that the world in Sasami's route is

So Kurugaya's true route is likely to be in the Real world. As she is really Riki's perfect match (they complement themselves) Riki x Kurugaya after refrain may be real. And I think they said something that it happens in Fall.

Anyway, it's true that Riki should avoid all the girls in order to access Sasami's route but that wouldn't be mean it's like implying he does that naturally? I mean, in Refrain itself, he doesn't actually end up with someone. Then we have Kurugaya's True End yet there's also Sasami's route that, like you and I said, it takes place after Refrain. Meaning both can go ways(?) since taking place after Refrain basically mean the real world right
TennoujiAug 20, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 20, 2013 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
If i remember it correctly Jc staff said if refrain story will be according with vn without any changes in story.
Maybe they will do as same with normal route before rin/refrain and true route after it.
but maybe true end will get a bit changes because riki will ends with rin?

Just my opinion...
Aug 20, 2013 10:18 PM
Oct 2012
Tennouji_ said:

Anyway, it's true that Riki should avoid all the girls in order to access Sasami's route but that wouldn't be mean it's like implying he does that naturally? I mean, in Refrain itself, he doesn't actually end up with someone. Then we have Kurugaya's True End yet there's also Sasami's route that, like you and I said, it takes place after Refrain. Meaning both can go ways(?) since taking place after Refrain basically mean the real world right

The answer to that is the true ending. Riki x Sasami happens after Riki went through all the endings but he didn't have a strong conection with any of the girls. The last conection he felt (the one in Sasami's mini route in LB! original and the only event about Sasami's in the common route) happens, it's a "What if" route, what if Riki didn't have a strong conection with any of the girls and in the fake world Sasami's mini rute happens, well

That's the same for Kurugaya, What if Riki's conection with Kurugaya was stronger than with Rin. As we know Kurugaya's route was about love and the romantic feelings where stronger than in the other routes. Kurugaya keeps loving Riki in Refrain's epilogue (She's the only one with a bittersweet smile) but the other girls were Happy because Mio could smile and wasn't lonely anymore, Komari had surpass her trauma and was with her friends again, Haruka's relationship with Futaki was better, Kud's selfesteem was better and she didn't regret the death of her mother. Kurugaya could feel, but those feelings were mostly how much she loved Riki.

What if Riki's conection with Kurugaya was stronger, Kurugaya's true ending happens, she says that she loves him in a romantic way and Riki loves her back.

What if thanks to Riki, Rin learnt what was love and their conection was greater than with anyone, well.. Riki x Rin happens. What if everyone were happy and Riki's conection with any of the girl was a romantic one. Well Refrain's epilogue (with out the kiss of Riki and Rin) happens.

That's how I see it.

In Sasami's route
But it was Kurugaya's wish.
Aug 20, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2011
Irustua said:

The answer to that is the true ending. Riki x Sasami happens after Riki went through all the endings but he didn't have a strong conection with any of the girls. The last conection he felt (the one in Sasami's mini route in LB! original and the only event about Sasami's in the common route) happens, it's a "What if" route, what if Riki didn't have a strong conection with any of the girls and in the fake world Sasami's mini rute happens, well

That's the same for Kurugaya, What if Riki's conection with Kurugaya was stronger than with Rin. As we know Kurugaya's route was about love and the romantic feelings where stronger than in the other routes. Kurugaya keeps loving Riki in Refrain's epilogue (She's the only one with a bittersweet smile) but the other girls were Happy because Mio could smile and wasn't lonely anymore, Komari had surpass her trauma and was with her friends again, Haruka's relationship with Futaki was better, Kud's selfesteem was better and she didn't regret the death of her mother. Kurugaya could feel, but those feelings were mostly how much she loved Riki.

If it's all about "having a strong connection" so Riki ends up with someone, then it can really go on both ways. Riki ending up with Sasami happens after Refrain IF Riki doesn't have a strong connection with anyone until October 23 and Riki ending up with Kurugaya happens also after Refrain IF Riki does have a strong connection with Kurugaya.

Irustua said:

What if Riki's conection with Kurugaya was stronger, Kurugaya's true ending happens, she says that she loves him in a romantic way and Riki loves her back.

Wait I don't think I should agree with this because in her True End, they left us hanging by not letting us hear what Riki replied to her confession(Which it kinda frustrates me).

Irustua said:

What if thanks to Riki, Rin learnt what was love and their conection was greater than with anyone, well.. Riki x Rin happens. What if everyone were happy and Riki's conection with any of the girl was a romantic one. Well Refrain's epilogue (with out the kiss of Riki and Rin) happens.

I may disagree on this because of, like what I said, Riki ending up with Rin in Refrain is a bonus. That's what I see. Let's see... playing Refrain for the first time and after Refrain, Riki doesn't actually end up with Rin or anyone. While Kurugaya's True End is very news(Let's say we're assuming only Kurugaya's True End happened after Refrain and not necessarily need to replay Kurugaya's route again due to how it goes "chronologically") and in Sasami's route, Riki ends up with Sasami just only playing her route once. Plus, Sasami's route and Kurugaya's True End are after Refrain.

Aug 22, 2013 1:49 AM

Aug 2013
Kurugaya's true end happens in the real world/after Refrain.
And I have to disagree with you saying that the Rin x Riki ending in Refrain isn't canon or is just a 'bonus'.

It has to be canon, she's the only heroine who got her true end in Refrain, not Kurugaya. Sure, Kurugaya has her true end, but it happens when you play her route, not Refrain itself.
Kurugaya's true end was basically made to make up with the normal ending. Same goes for Rin, but does Rin's true end happen when you play her route? No, it doesn't.
It happens in the Refrain route, itself.
It was put there to tell that Rin is Riki's TRUE love. Not Kurugaya, Kud, Haruka, Mio, or Komari.

If Kurugaya x Riki was canon, then why put her true ending in her route, and not in Refrain? That's one of the reasons why people think that Kurugaya x Riki is canon, because she has a true end, but so does Rin.
Rin's true end= Refrain (the TRUE route of the game).
Kurugaya's true end = Kurugaya's route.

I believe that Rin is Riki's true love, and that Rin x Riki is canon, that's final.
I honestly will be disappointed if Kurugaya x Riki's what gonna be shown in the anime.
I didn't find them a good couple, unlike Rin x Riki.

Rin x Riki is the best couple, so I really hope they end up together in the anime, and I hope that the Rin x Riki scene in Refrain gets animated. ^^
Aug 22, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
I hope you're not being too biased here due to your name and your reason why. Try to widen your perspective first. Plus, I ain't rooting for anyone. If I any, it's Riki and Saya but that's a different issue.

RinxRiki_IsMyOTP said:

If Kurugaya x Riki was canon, then why put her true ending in her route, and not in Refrain?

Tennouji_ said:
(Let's say we're assuming only Kurugaya's True End happened after Refrain and not necessarily need to replay Kurugaya's route again due to how it goes "chronologically")

RinxRiki_IsMyOTP said:

Rin's true end= Refrain (the TRUE route of the game).

It's true that Refrain has 2 endings which are Normal End and True End but, Normal End is the hospital scene(Before the 1st credits) while the True End is the Little Busters were saved(Before the 2nd credits). It's not the True End is when you played Refrain for the 2nd time.

RinxRiki_IsMyOTP said:
Same goes for Rin, but does Rin's true end happen when you play her route? No, it doesn't.

But does Riki end up with Rin in Refrain for the 1st run? No, it doesn't.

RinxRiki_IsMyOTP said:
And I have to disagree with you saying that the Rin x Riki ending in Refrain isn't canon or is just a 'bonus'.

Okay let me explain further why I see it as a "bonus". Due to the fact that in Rin's route, Riki didn't properly end up with Rin because of how it ended so to make up on that, they insert that proper Rin x Riki ending on Refrain BUT on the 2nd run. Why not just on the 1st run so we can declare it they're canon? So, it's like they're implying he didn't actually end up with someone after Refrain and for those who're frustrated that Riki didn't properly end up with Rin, play Refrain again and you'll get what you're looking and it's a reward for completing the story of Little Busters.

If only that Kurugaya fanboy from animesuki is here, I bet he can explain it much better than me.

Aug 22, 2013 6:39 AM
Mar 2013
Kurugaya's Route takes most likely place in the real world.

Also I think it's wrong that Rin and Riki won't start dating in the first Refrain playtrough for sure, because there's this scene in the baseball club room while Riki waits for everyone. Rin appears first and asks him with which girl he's in love with and also tells him how she's trying to find out which girl he loves. That's one thing, it doesn't proof of Rin and Riki starting to date later on, but then, after Rin tells him that, Riki thinks about how it's still too early starting to date Rin.
And THAT'S a hint. A hint which tells us: Riki's still in love with Rin (even without the proposal in the hospital, cause you can only propose to her if it's the second or more playthrough) and how it's still too EARLY. He doesn't talk about "it's no good to date Rin even though I remember what happened in the dream world" or "maybe I shouldn't start dating Rin because ...".
So I really think it's somehow difficult to say Rin x Riki won't happen and it's a "bonus" for playing Refrain the second time. Also I'm new to the term "canon". What does it mean? "I think Rin x Riki isn't a bonus, it is canon." Like this?
Aug 22, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2011
Kotatsuen said:
because there's this scene in the baseball club room while Riki waits for everyone. Rin appears first and asks him with which girl he's in love with and also tells him how she's trying to find out which girl he loves. That's one thing, it doesn't proof of Rin and Riki starting to date later on, but then, after Rin tells him that, Riki thinks about how it's still too early starting to date Rin.

I may forgot the Refrain in 1st run because I always pick the romance ending when I was replaying Refrain but on the last statement that I quoted, I can consider that(Well, it seems that's a summarized version on what you commented on my profile >_>). I can't take RinxRiki_IsMyOTP's post seriously because it's full of bias but you manage to tell how Riki "possibly" ended up with Rin in Refrain without any bias.

But if that's the case, there's a possibility that Kurugaya still had a chance.

Kotatsuen said:
Also I'm new to the term "canon". What does it mean? "I think Rin x Riki isn't a bonus, it is canon." Like this?

Something like that. It's actually mean like "official".

Aug 22, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhh it seems like this discussion should be changed to: "who's going to end with riki" since instead of just Kurugaya, most people are talking about rin. XD
Aug 22, 2013 3:22 PM
Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:

But if that's the case, there's a possibility that Kurugaya still had a chance.

I don't have anything against the possibility of Kurugaya starting to date Riki. But in the earlier post it somehow was like "Well, Rin x Riki doesn't happen in 1st Refrain due to no proposal, then Riki will surely end up with Kurugaya...." and I just wanted to figure out that's not the case and to even it somehow. ;)
As you say, there is the possibility of Riki ending up with Kurugaya just as with Rin, even in 1st Refrain.
How I already told you, Tennouji, I think the biggest problem are the possibilities. As long as there isn't something that tells us: "Oi, in this case Riki ends up with Rin and in this case with Kurugaya and in this with Sasami, oh, and in this with Saya." we probalby will still talk about it in years.

Oh yeah, and there's still this possibility of Riki rejecting Kurugaya. That's still a problem, and I hope KEY can somehow manage to enlighten us with the anime adaption, maybe there we will understand more. :)

Tennouji_ said:

Something like that. It's actually mean like "official".

Sankyuu.
Dec 28, 2013 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
I'm in pro of all that Tennouji(that name xD Rewrite, the only VN i love as much as LB *w*)

Just here to say that having seen the last episode of Refrain(anime), i'm dissapointed for not having just tiny hint about Kurugaya's true ending. Something like "she had a bittersweet smile" could have me in high spirits saying(They are implying Kurugaya is canon in the anime!).

Oh well, that's my only point against the anime's ending, but it was okay. I was also ready for this kind of adaptations, so i aren't that hurt. But still...
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki, Houtarou
Dec 28, 2013 2:28 PM
Oct 2012
TheSonicohxk said:
I'm in pro of all that Tennouji(that name xD Rewrite, the only VN i love as much as LB *w*)

Just here to say that having seen the last episode of Refrain(anime), i'm dissapointed for not having just tiny hint about Kurugaya's true ending. Something like "she had a bittersweet smile" could have me in high spirits saying(They are implying Kurugaya is canon in the anime!).

Oh well, that's my only point against the anime's ending, but it was okay. I was also ready for this kind of adaptations, so i aren't that hurt. But still...

At minute 17:14 they show Kurugaya looking at Riki the whole time. That could implies that she stills loves him.
Dec 28, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2010
O.o When did I vote in this poll for dream world, don't remember it. I think it's in the real world, but still it doesn't deny Riki x Rin as a canon.

Ol-Hybrius said:
Irustua said:

At minute 17:14 they show Kurugaya looking at Riki the whole time. That could implies that she stills loves him.

Pretty much what I think. Nice subtle hint from JC Staff.

Meh, I thought I was the only one to notice it :P I liked it as well, though I would be REALLY mad if they would make her the main girl. I mean I love her, but she's not Rin-chan.

http://i.imgur.com/1hz53Ra.jpg
That was my personal win of the last episode <3
Dec 29, 2013 1:04 AM

Sep 2013
That scene where Rin falls on top of Riki implies RikixRin :) Wouldn't mind Kurugaya, but main girl > Others. and Rin is Neko Neko Kawaii! :D
Dec 29, 2013 11:05 AM
Jan 2012
>Implied true ending is good enough for me
Jan 13, 2019 12:02 PM
Jan 2019
Okay. 6 years late, sure, but here's my view:

It's open to interpretation. As they say, canon endings lay in the eyes of the beholder. You can take it either way, really. Rather, you can take it BOTH ways. Since there isn't enough (proper and reliable) proof that either path was the actual one, I'm going with the one that's less depressing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.