Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 23, 2014 9:23 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, Dr. Matoi was quite the badass for someone that old. And he even managed to piss Nui off.

Evacuating the students? I'm surprised. Cause you know, no one seemed to give a shit when Nonon went on a missile rampage and destroyed the stands WITH the students still there.

Power of friendship saves the day, now those two are even.
Apr 28, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
Ryuuko became a zombie
May 13, 2014 6:31 AM
Apr 2014
Another great episode. This is getting better and better by the minute. So glad I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the next one like some of you had to.
Jun 1, 2014 5:51 AM
May 2012
:O
Jun 23, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
freakin badass even though the ending was predictable
Jun 23, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Well, i was pretty sure nonon was the most annoying character in this show but Nui might overtake that role. Man i hate both of them.
Nui seems way over powered, even for this show.

Ok, senketsu taking over or whatever that was, was scary and disturbing. Hope i never see that again.

Mako makes a stay night reference?? I'm thinking?
Jul 7, 2014 9:20 PM

Feb 2011
FKU , UR NOT KAWAII, U SLUT
Jul 13, 2014 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
My god Nui just got added to my most hated anime characters list, her personality just irks me to death.
Sep 1, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
And they all say she was not the killer...I actually believe that too...And yeah...That rampage Ryuuko put out was Ugly...it's like she was part of the Clothing...Nudist Beach Is not the Bad guy..Kind of liking them...and Rebuilding the School?...Very Impressive...it's not like they had Everything clean the Next episode...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Sep 9, 2014 11:53 PM
Mar 2014
Ooh, interested to see how all these people intertwine - with Satsuki & her family.

Satsuki doesn't actually seem all that bad; evacuating the students and all.
Oct 2, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2009
I believe Satsuki must have a reason to do it all, and I even guess she cares about Ryouko somehow, maybe wants her to get stronger for some reason...
Oct 2, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
Matoi needs to calm her farm, and I thought Nonon's voice was annoying now we got another brat who turns out to be Dr. Matoi's killer. Also kinda bummed that Matoi wasn't able to fight Uzu, figured they were rushing the previous fights so they could stretch that one (but didn't even happen) :(

Looks like another Gurren Lagann twist where the original antagonist turns out to be a goody and the real enemy is ten times worse. That fight with Satsuki too, even though it didn't last long, how the hell are they gonna clean up this mess? XD

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 1, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
that episode was amazing and literally put me on the burning edge of my seat. To bad Trigger had to do the friendship crap to kill it. They could have been way more original and creative with that. Even still easily a 10/5 episode
Nov 7, 2014 6:42 AM

Oct 2014
Ryuko's dad though xD he looks weird as f. :D

.-. What a ridiculous monster. And wasn't that fountain of blood supposed to kill Ryuko from like the first few seconds? lol.

Anyway, except for the fact that she seemed so unharmed at the end, this episode was pretty great!
Nov 7, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
bittersweetlove said:
I believe Satsuki must have a reason to do it all, and I even guess she cares about Ryouko somehow, maybe wants her to get stronger for some reason...

Yeah, I don't really see Satsuki as the bad character right now. Her mother seems eviler XD
Dec 17, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2009
Harime Nui is an asshole, Can we her kill her off soon please?
Jan 1, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2013
Nui sure is creepy. So that's how she lost her left eye. Dr.Matoi was a baddass for a scientist.

Mako sure gave Ryuuko a bitch slap.

Awesome episode. I wonder where this will go.
Jan 2, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
Mako saved everyone! Awesome as usual.
These series just keep getting better and better. Senketsu's beast form was cool too.
Gosh, I hate that blonde kawaii-girl so much. And I feel bad about Ryuuko again.
I think that this anime really teaches about real friendship. And it's pretty cool.
*that ultra red blood though*
Jan 28, 2015 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode!!! Even though Nui is a complete creepy psycho, she's so cute and I love her LOL. I'm already awaiting her grand return...wonder what she'll be up to next.

But omg Ryuko's dad didn't die without a fight, that was crazy, he slashed her eye I was like damn! D:

I knew sh!t was getting real once Satsuki came down to handle things!

That Senkentsu/Ryuuko monster form was so scary tbh O_O

Yay for Mako saving the day! She's the best xD
Feb 14, 2015 5:32 AM

Oct 2014
And once again Mako made an episode go from great to shit.
Feb 15, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2010
Ahh so now its all coming together.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 21, 2015 6:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mako saves the day. Yeah, that was cliché as fuck. Oh well, still the whole episode was entertaining, but that was retarded.
Apr 13, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
I think everyone would got as angry as Ryuuko when the murderer of your father stand in front of you.

This transformation reminds me on Naruto or Bleach when they completely lost their mind.
This fight was extreme but Harime seems to strong atm. And you're all right Mako saves the day in the last moment. Friendship best thing <3 :D

May 10, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty Cliche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2015 5:25 PM

Nov 2014
Damn that transformation was fucking horrifying, I think I finally see why the nudist beach guys have been so paranoid about the Kamui's.

I wonder if the big 3 schools are a reference to the top shounen shows, well I guess we'l find out if next episode features a ton of pirates ninjas and samurai.
Jun 7, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty predictable ep
Jun 7, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2015
Bubcus993 said:
Damn that transformation was fucking horrifying, I think I finally see why the nudist beach guys have been so paranoid about the Kamui's.

I wonder if the big 3 schools are a reference to the top shounen shows, well I guess we'l find out if next episode features a ton of pirates ninjas and samurai.

Don't you mean pirates, ninjas and SOUL REAPERS
Aug 15, 2015 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit this episode was ridiculously intense.

At first I was like "Things are reeeeeeaaally getting serious now.":

And then I was like "Daaammmn :O"

And then I was like "AWWW SHIIIIIIT :O :O"

And then I was like "WTF O_o :O :O"

And then I was like "O_O :O :O :O :O"

And then I was like:

This episode escalated numerous times and it was awesome to see.

So Satsuki's refusal to reveal the answers that Ryuko sought only served to play in her favor through data and contribute toward her desire for conquest. However, while it is a legitimate excuse in allowing Ryuko to progress as far she has despite being the most troublesome element against Satsuki's reign, Satsuki is certainly hiding some deeper connection between them otherwise either she could have just killed Ryuko (or allowed Nui to do so) while she was still vulnerable post-transformation and wouldn't permit her to continue wrecking shit up since at this point I would think Ryuko has become more of a liability than a benefit.

Mako saves the day through the power of friendship. Even though it's a trope that I'm not realty fond of, it was still touching to see here. Ryuko and Mako make for a very entertaining and heartwarming duo.

Isshi Matoi is a badass, a trait that would run in the family it seems.
Jan 8, 2016 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
Rewatching. Netflix sure is convenient :)

I almost came from all that excitement...God, this show is amazing!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Feb 2, 2016 3:55 AM
Dec 2011
ryuuko's dad is epic what a guy didnt gave up at all....but i have to rethink some stuff :3 hhhhmmmmmm.... :3
Feb 3, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2016
the power of love!
the ultimate half-way point!
the "people die when they are killed by bloodloss"

Feb 3, 2016 9:49 PM

Nov 2015
Thats a rapid change. So didnt expect senketsu to get out of control.

That trying to snap Ryuko back to normal by Mako was so funny. Hahaha

Satsuki is just playing everyone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
So, this little bitch is the one who killed Ryuko's father... I knew it wasn't Satsuki. Poor Ryuko and Senketsu...
Mako rules xD That scene when she was she was trying to make Ryuko snap out was pretty touching.
Amazing episode.
Jul 28, 2016 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
And this is why Mako is the best character in the whole show, by far.

It was emotional at that moment.

Excellent Episode.

Mako straight to my favorites.
Sep 22, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
Satsuki seems to be good deep down.
in TTGL? haha
Seems almost as if she's trying to piss of Ryuuko just to persuade her to stay there and not meddle in any worse affairs, almost like she's watching over her (and possibly training her?) Maybe not though, she's trying to act evil and seems so upfront by her actions, but it just seems too easy. Also, she did protect Ryuuko AND Mato from Nui when Mato was stopping her.

And what the hell is "The Court____whatever" haha? The title Nui was referred to as by Satsuki?

I thought Nui wasnt really gonna be the killer at first when she was just blatantly saying "yep. it was me. I killed your father." and was trying to provoke Ryuuko to possibly see the extent of her power or something like that. But then it actually showed the scene -_- haha. And man was her father quicker/more powerful than expected. made some badass scissors (weapon) and a sick Life Fiber suit.
dextronautSep 22, 2016 6:02 PM
Mar 13, 2017 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
Hahaha holy shit Mako sure did break her friends neck many times

Ryuko's out of control form was insane!

I also stand corrected, I didn't believe that Nui killed Ryuko's father. I just couldn't... whoever was fleeing the scene of her dad's murder had hair similar to Satsuki's.
Jul 14, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
So I know there are people who dont like this show, or even think its bad.
I think they are just pigs in human clothing (^_^)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 31, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
So, her dad made those scissors destroy the uniforms or whatever and she used them to kill him and stole them. Then both arms of the scissors looked red, maybe she painted the one she kept lol.

Wow, Ryuko turned in to a crazy monster!!! D:

It was weird and slightly disturbing.

But Mako snapped her out of it, awww. Mako is a sweet girl.
Feb 19, 2018 1:21 AM

Aug 2017
Ryuko's dad death is shown. Nui badass! Mako is awesome as ever. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2018 5:50 PM

Apr 2016
I remember my first time watching this I was really grossed out by the amount of blood but watching it now, wow thats like the best thing ever
Apr 30, 2018 10:48 PM
Feb 2018
That was realllllly epic!!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2018 1:03 AM

Nov 2017
That Mako scene, epic as hell! This series keeps getting better and better!
May 20, 2018 8:16 PM

Jun 2016
She went Berserk,I thought that killer girl was lying first about killing the father (I even thought that scissor sword was fake you get me)

And a great flashback.
Aug 26, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Epic shit right there.

Mako mvp this time, she's such a good friend and hilarious on top.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 27, 2018 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
This is an amazing battle! Watching it on BD, Just looks so fucking good!

Matoi consumed by rage became a Monster. This is what Ryuuko's homeroom teacher feared. Even Kinagase couldn't do a damn thing.

So they really showed what actual happened on how Ryuuko's father was killed. He was even able to concealed the godrobe as well as take Nui's left eye.

Satsuki is such a badass!!! I'm really debating right now which is the best character so far. Satsuki keeps defying the odds!! Especially her theme and the way she pose before she attacks Ryuuko.

Godlike! Seems she used the battle to collect some more data and perfect her Ultima unfiorms.

Gonna be amazing in the coming episodes for sure!
Aug 30, 2018 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
What a great episode. I love Mako and her nutty family. Her comic relief makes the series. I’m intrigued by Nui, I love her bubbly personality and her quips, but what the hell is she. Onward to the second half of the series!
Sep 10, 2018 9:31 AM
Apr 2018
This episode was pretty intense. Loved it!!!
Nov 6, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 2015
These last four episodes were quite a rush. Very fun action, much wonderful Ryuuko boobs and Satsuki butt. Very rarely do I get excited about fanservice anymore, so Kill la Kill is doing something right for me.

Warming up to Kinagase in these episodes.

Loved the use of classical music in the fight with Nonon.

Like Utena, there is backstory on the council members, though unlike Utena, where this was a central concern of that anime, this is not very important to Kill la Kill, at least at this time.

Loved Mako's commentary and her interaction with the elite four. Mako's interventions are making her the MVP of Team Ryuuko lol

Satsuki comes out on top, revealing her Xanatos gambit to make her inner circle stronger. Perfect.
glassknucklesNov 6, 2018 1:10 PM
Dec 22, 2018 1:02 AM
Jun 2017
Damn, Mako's friendship hurts a lot.
Aug 13, 2019 12:35 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Talk about explosive, this new rampaging transformation reminds me of that one time when Issei (Highschool DxD) first transformed into h=the Juggernaut Drive form and was rampaging all over the place, friend or foe. Nobody mattered. I'm surprised Ryuko is going decently well in the after-credits scene, you'd think that after going through the savage battle royal of the academy, and fighting 3 members of the elite four in a row, then having a brawl against Nui that led her to go rampaging before it all wraps up with a brief fight against her and Satsuki, this girl can take a punch, can she?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.