Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here we are. The Finale.

GANBATTE, TRIGGER!

So, in this episode:
  • Callback to original Honnouji intro.
  • Monkey attacks Tansmitter. Fails to do anything.
  • Ragyou Subjugates ALL fibers in everyone's uniforms.
  • Mako HALLELUJAH. Nui interupts.
  • Gama Takes a blow for Mako, is almost killed.
  • Mako realizes how much she cares for him, gets pissed.
  • Ryuuko takes off Senketsu to fight.
  • Ryuuko starts to lose.
  • Senketsu cuts a hole in Ragyou by activating Blade Gale by himself.
  • Life Fibers in Uniforms start working again.
  • Everyone begins attacking again.
  • Gama comes back, not dead (yet), and breaks the transmitter's shield.
  • Nudist Beach goes Pacific Rim on the transmitter, destroying it.
  • Ragyou orders nui to fuse her to the OLF, creating a new transmitter.
  • Ragyou blasts off to space, Ryuuko and Satsuki cannot follow.
  • Senketsu and Ryuuko merge with everyoe else's uniforms, opening Senketsu's other eye.
  • Senketsu turns into a rocket for Ryuuko, who follows Ragyou into space.
  • Ragyou activates the transmitter, covering the earth in fibers.
  • Ultimate Ryuuko/Senketsu challenge her, begin losing.
  • The Scissors do not work on Shinra Koketsu.
  • Fight looks grim, quite a bit of battle dialogue.
  • Ryuuko begins using Senketsu to absorb Ragyou's life fibers, removing Shinra Koketsu from her.
  • Ryuuko uses the transmitter to broadcast a message to the life fibers, telling them to revert/disappear.
  • Ragyou is left defenseless, Ryuuko does not kill her, but instead offers her to come back to earth as her mother. (For Rehabilitation?)
  • Instead, Ragyou decides to take her own life, destroying her life fiber heart.
  • Ryuuko accepts her death.
  • Senketsu begins to fade away, likely because of the earlier order.
  • Before he fades away completely, he protects Ryuuko upon re-entry into the atmosphere.
  • He is burning away as he says his last words to Ryuuko, thanking her for everything.
  • Ryuuko screams his name as the last shreds of him burn up.
  • Ryuuko is still falling from the sky.
  • Satsuki screams for her sister, running to catch her, her voice ragged. "NEE-SAN!!"
  • She catches her and is blown back.
  • Mako helps stop them. Gama helps stop them. The other E3 help stop them. EVERYONE HELPS STOP THEM.
  • Flashforward / CREDITS.
  • Honnouji Academy has been destroyed and removed.
  • Satsuki has cut her hair.
  • Ryuuko wears a red scarf likely to remember Senketsu by.
  • SOL Antics ensue, with Satsuki, Ryuuko, and Mako as main girls.
  • Ryuuko sees a Seifuku that looks like Senketsu.
  • Looks sad for a moment, but clenchs her fist to her chest, then turns to regroup with her friends and sister.
  • Remixed Ending Song?
  • KILL la KILL END.

Kill la Kill was a fun ride everyone. It hit a lot of good points, and had its fair share of stumbles, but I'd like to think that it did everything right for its final episode. From Ragyou's unwillingness to give up and Mako realizing how much she cares for Gama, to Ryuuko & Satsuki finally seeing each other as true family and friends, It was incredibly satisfying.

You did good TRIGGER, you did good.
  • BRSxIgnitionMar 27, 2014 10:59 AM
    "Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
    - Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
    Mar 27, 2014 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
    Sooo... it's airing right now? Where do you watch it?

Edit: Crunchyroll is like 8 episodes behind, not really "simulcast" imo -.-
    Mar 27, 2014 10:07 AM

May 2012
    Pretty hyped for this, but at this moment we'll probably be only able to obtain some screencaps.

I wish I knew where to watch this immediately though.

Found, though I'm having a lot of problems watching it because it keeps blocking me somehow. Nui is going crazy and sacrificing to merge with Ragyo who was about to be defeated.

New powerup form for Ryuuko using all the life fibres that everyone had.
    sentienceMar 27, 2014 10:22 AM
    Mar 27, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
    The temptation to look at the OP is too strong, urgh.
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
    Someone really hates this anime.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
    Wow, did they play the OP song twice in a single episode? Holy shit. The greatness of Kill la Kill is endless. Satsuki-sama, Elite 4, Ryouko etc. Goooooooooooo

DON"T LOSE YOUR WAY

Senketsu ;.;

Lol, everyone's nude
    Neesan~

9/10. It was a great ride overall in the end.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:34 AM

Mar 2012
    9/10 Anime is Saved
    Mar 27, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2011
    Wow that was a amazing final fight Senketsu you will always be remembered in my heart ;_;
    http://i.imgur.com/M1RMMO3.gif
    Hnnnnnnnnng
    http://i.imgur.com/xMIqThe.gif

Overall 11/10 +1 for the date and everyone in casual clothes

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    VioLinkMar 27, 2014 11:18 AM
    [center]

Sep 2008
    Great end. Worth to watch.

May 2012
    It's already over, but so beautiful.

Dec 2012
    They did a good job on this. It certainly lived up to the hype. But did anyone get killed in 'Kill la Kill'? 7/10
    Mar 27, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
    Diggin' Satsuki's new haircut.

Also, incestual ending is best ending
    Mar 27, 2014 10:37 AM
    Feb 2014
    i love every seconds of it!!!!

can't wait for the OVA

watching everything turned normal at the end is a weird sight for me.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2012
    Mar 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2012
    Anime wasnt saved.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:40 AM
    Dec 2008
    Mar 27, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
    Shuhan said:
    Anime wasnt saved.

Indeed it wasn't.

6/10.

Loved Satsuki though, only good thing about the show.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
    Not going to read, i don´t want spoilers...But please, post links to watch the eppisode!
    Mar 27, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2012
    dmr said:
    ED3 (From Final Episode): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k2zlh

Thanks, loved it!
    Mar 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
    10/10 easily. One of the best anime ive had the pleasure of watching.
    Mar 27, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2011
    sentience said:
    Love that ending:
    http://i60.tinypic.com/212etch.jpg

That was cute.
    [center]
    Mar 27, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2011
    I love how so many people have already voted for 1/5. Pathetic.

As an ending, this was near perfect. As a show overall, Kill la Kill was a strong 8.

I wont argue about scores, but people hating for the sake of hating is pathetic.
    BRSxIgnitionMar 27, 2014 10:56 AM
    "Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
    Mar 27, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
    BRSxIgnition said:
    I love how so many people have already voted for 1/5. Pathetic.

As an ending, this was near perfect. As a show overall, Kill la Kill was a strong 8.

I wont argue about scores, but people hating for the sake of hating is pathetic.

Hating is cool on MAL, didn't you know?
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
    dmr said:
    ED3 (From Final Episode): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k2zlh

That's actually the first ED but its the full version. Thanks for posting the video though its the closes thing we have to RAWs right now.
    [center]
    Mar 27, 2014 11:09 AM

Oct 2011
    The haters can say what they want about Kill la Kill, but I've never seen a score jump upwards on MAL that fast.

(PS: My prediction was right. It did reach 8.4+)
    Mar 27, 2014 11:09 AM
    Feb 2014
    In the end, anime isn't saved. But it has been defended.

Series: 8/10
    Mar 27, 2014 11:16 AM

May 2012
    That score jump. Too bad I cannot contribute anything to it, since mine was a solid 10 from so many episodes ago.

I rewatched again with subs that I understood perfectly, and my, this ending was so beautiful. R.I.P. Senketsu, you will be missed.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:21 AM

Nov 2009
    BRSxIgnition said:
    The haters can say what they want about Kill la Kill, but I've never seen a score jump upwards on MAL that fast.

That doesn't actually mean anything other than that loads of people dropped in before episode 5 and gave it low scores. Its completed status eliminated those people from the voting average, causing the jump.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2011
    keldeokun said:
    That doesn't actually mean anything other than that loads of people dropped in before episode 5 and gave it low scores. Its completed status eliminated those people from the voting average, causing the jump.

.... Which does not discredit the jump.

People who have watched the show fully, enjoyed it enough to give it an 8.42. (As of typing this) If you dropped it, your score shouldn't be counted, that's just how it works.

Kill la Kill wasn't perfect, but I can definitely agree with it being an 8.42 Anime.
    BRSxIgnitionMar 27, 2014 11:31 AM
    Mar 27, 2014 11:27 AM
    Jun 2011
    They killed Senketsu. THEY KILLED SENKETSU

Why TRIGGER?WHY?? ;___;
    Mar 27, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2012
    AdonaiMelek said:
    They killed Senketsu. THEY KILLED SENKETSU

Why TRIGGER?WHY?? ;___;

He said that Ryuuko cannot be wearing him forever. Which I agree.
    But why Ryuuko, why aren't you wearing something cuter than Senketsu in the ED????
    Mar 27, 2014 11:32 AM
    Jun 2013
    Everything would've been perfect for me if there was a balance between character interaction and fighting scenes. We don't have enough interactions with all these awesome characters, but considering this is Trigger's very first anime series and the low budget they have - the studio succeeded to do the best with this show, with the little resources it had. Kill La Kill was intense, dramatical, hilarious, epic and cute. I loved it and hope to see Satsuki and Ryuko once again someday. Congratulations, Trigger! You did very very good job with this show! Thank you for it and goodbye Kill La Kill! I hope this isn't farewell though and you'll meet your fans soon once more. :)
    Mar 27, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2012
    keldeokun said:
    BRSxIgnition said:

Oh so that was how the voting works.

Which is fine to me, because a show's score should be based on the overall watching, not on the opinions of those who decided the show is not their thing (since they didn't watch everything to give it fair judgment).

satsukiXkiryuin said:
    its so much annoying!
    Only I thought it would a "to be continued?"

I want Season 2!!!
    its fucking over!
    i cant believe!
    why the fuck ragyo kill herself?!

Fitting for someone who wouldn't give up.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:38 AM
    Sep 2013
    Not as good as a lot of people say kill La kill is but I did enjoy some parts of the series.
    The story wasn't anything special it was just meh, could of been done a lot better.
    The characters were ok, some I liked (Nudist Beach) and some I hated (Mako couldn't stand her).
    The animation wasn't very good either but trigger isn't exactly a grand anime studio and they didn't have a big budget on this either so I can accept this.
    The only thing I absolutely loved about Kill La Kill was its OST "Don't lose Your Way" and "Blumenkranz" for example were amazing tracks, I'll probably be listening to these ones for quite some time.

Overall I'd give it 5/10 as for me this series was average.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
    sentience said:
    keldeokun said:
    BRSxIgnition said:

Oh so that was how the voting works.

Which is fine to me, because a show's score should be based on the overall watching, not on the opinions of those who decided the show is not their thing (since they didn't watch everything to give it fair judgment).

satsukiXkiryuin said:
    its so much annoying!
    Only I thought it would a "to be continued?"

I want Season 2!!!
    its fucking over!
    i cant believe!
    why the fuck ragyo kill herself?!

Fitting for someone who wouldn't give up.

you right!
    but its so much disappoint!
    Mar 27, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
    keldeokun said:
    BRSxIgnition said:

Yeah. The score will go down eventually.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
    Th3L4stW0lf said:
    Any sub. uploaded the ep. already?

Don't expect subs for another 6 - 8 hours at least. Underwater will likely sub it first.

tsudecimo said:

Yeah. The score will go down eventually.

Scores don't always go down - but we'll see what happens as more people watch it.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:53 AM

May 2008
    BRB crying in a corner now that Kill la Kill is over. It ended in the best way it could have IMO.

I will buy this show, no matter how expensive Aniplex of America will make it, I will buy it.

BRSxIgnition said:
    Th3L4stW0lf said:
    Any sub. uploaded the ep. already?

Don't expect subs for another 6 - 8 hours at least. Underwater will likely sub it first.

I'd say around 8-9PM EST subs should be out. It'll be a tough wait.
    Mar 27, 2014 11:58 AM
    Apr 2011
    Overall rating:
    First half score - 7.5-8/10
    Second half score - ONE BILLION/10.
    Total score - 9.5/10.

The second half of this show was out of this world. I don't recall ever getting so hyped week after week for an anime. It was an unbelievable ride.
    Mar 27, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
    Everything was excellent. But Senketsu ;.;
    VioLink said:
    http://i.imgur.com/M1RMMO3.gif

Beautiful ʃƪ ˘ ³˘)
    Mar 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2008
    10/10 ANIME OF THE YEAR

Why the score while I also had my problems with this show? For the budget and time they had they made the best out of it. Of course it isn't flawless animation-wise but they did the absolutely best they could. +1 for Effort

Now brb crying in a corner about Senketsu and Nui
    Mar 27, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
    Spoiled myself. But its okay. Opinion's invalid. KLK still ranked pretty high afterall (not that it matters anyway for the 1/5)
    -

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
    Mar 27, 2014 12:17 PM
    The Shrike

Nov 2009
    The first half of the ending wasn't as impressive as I expected and I thought the music didn't really complement the action well. But once things went up to space things got much, much better and things were as marvelously over the top as I expected.

Best bit: Ryuko landing back on earth after Senketsu's sacrifice, being caught by a frantic Satsuki and the rest. Ryuko waking up in Satsuki's arms and finally calling her "Nee-san". LOVED THAT...

I hope to watch it again tomorrow with better subs than the ones Daisuki offers in Spanish, but is it implied that there's more to Ryuko/Mako's relationhip than meets the eye? Or was the whole 'dayto' thing just a girls shopping trip?

I don't know if it "saved anime" because I honestly believe anime needs no saving, but this series delivered in spades with it's incredible energy and great looking low budget art. I hope TRIGGER is succesful and continues suceeding now and in the future.
    "Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2012
    I really have to comment something about Harime Nui in this episode. Her sacrifice really reminded me of a particular magical girl anime villain. The idea was definitely reused, but for an invincible character like Nui it was probably the only way she could go.

Interesting tribute to magical girl anime in any case.
    Mar 27, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
    I expected much more, but pretty good.

RIP Senketsu
    Mar 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
    IT IS OVER Q.Q

SOOO GOOD

Gunman Ira Gamagori

Tengen Toppa Ryuko

SATSUKI WITH SHORT HAIR

open ending with the possibilty for a second season or a movie

final verdict

-brilliant show trigger through and through.

-at times very bad pacing

-often low budget animation that trigger worked around using lots of stylized stuff

-some characters were underutilized. Tsumugu had a really strong entry to the series but then just turned into a jobber

-was hoping that junketsu had some story to him/it does not look like it though.

9/10

score is based on my enjoyment of the series and a very likeable cast of characters. trigger worked around the budget so that is a plus for me.

already miss the series and characters T.T
    Mar 27, 2014 12:33 PM
    The Shrike

Nov 2009
    Daisuki streams with subs in several languages in several locations.
    "Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2008
    xSanox said:

-some characters were underutilized. Tsumugu had a really strong entry to the series but then just turned into a jobber

HOUOUMARUUUUU

:(
    Mar 27, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
    Well, spanish subbers are fast, no doubt...

WHAT AN ENDING! I don´t see why people are talking about a down on the score of this show, because it closes really well. Of course, we are not talking about a masterpice like TTGL, but Kill la Kill have been a smash on the table by a new studio like Trigger: They are here to stay and create incredible animes like this one.

Now, with the ep.

What a ride guys, what a ride...I have laughed, I have cried...Maybe some people won´t agree with me, but KlK is a GREAT anime, that will be remembered for a long time. Not a 10/10, but a 8.75-9/10 maybe.

Anyway...I hope you enjoyed the trip too. I hope I see you all again when the OVA ep. comes out.
    Mar 27, 2014 12:40 PM
    Aug 2011
    agree 100% with my spanish mate above :)

great ending for a really great anime. well done, Trigger.
    Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
    Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

876 by TheWizardSaturn »»
    Apr 11, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
    Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
    Apr 7, 8:38 AM

» What you think of Trigger? Is a popular studio in the west?

Matthappy - Mar 18

34 by Wiziliz »»
    Apr 4, 10:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.