Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 9, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2010
I did love the anime,it Washington enjoyable.
If only they went by the game , but I lie alternative ones .
I loved this one !!
I just hope for a second season.
The past of them was good if only it was explained better and longer minutes to the series.
But overall I loved it.
At least it was a better ending than Amnesia * cough* worse ever * cough* *cough*
I wish for more don't judge me.
Dec 9, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2010
Frost_Kiss said:
I will miss the anime T_T
Score 10/10
Np there is new season. New sexy guys are coming! Mukami brother yaaaaaaaaay

I hope and pray for it!!
Dec 9, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
10/12 never forget.

So deep in the hole.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 9, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2009
irenika said:
Lil-Bird said:
thejadegecko said:
I don't know what is going on anymore. Why did I waste my time with this anime?
Arlia said:
I can't believe I was able to watch this. Isn't this the worst shoujo anime ever made ?
Izanai said:
Honestly I'm glad this anime is over.

All of this.

Only the uncle went up in flames, but I wish the whole mansion did.

All of this

Agreed. I was actually hoping everyone would just die in the end.
Dec 9, 2013 8:40 PM

Dec 2011
"Let's fly to the moon and we'll make love amongst the stars."
"More than black tea I want a sip of your blood. That's all you're good for anyway."
"I'll teach you over and over until you know me intimately."

*slow claps it out* Beautiful, best anime of the year, so great, 10/10 it was perfect, wouldn't change anything.
Now excuse me while I go puke into a bucket.
Dec 9, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
Laciie said:
Meh, okay adaptation. They should've cut out the blood sucking and stuck more with the plot imho. This would've been a lot better if they hadn't kept all that fanservice (as in the blood sucking). It's really sad because they really, really, toned down the pasts of the boys and I wanted that to be animated so bad. The anime adaptation was unable to make me feel sympathy for any of the boys other than Subaru. In the otoge I felt bad for Shu, Kanato, Subaru and Ayato at least, while I hated Reiji and Laito (but in More Blood Laito was pretty good @___@). But here, not really.

The last six episodes were pretty good, can't say the same about the first six (and the recap, sigh).

I'm not sure how to feel about this (the soundtrack was superb, and the animation was amazing too; but the art doesn't match up to the caliber of that of the game), so right now my score is 6/10 since I was rather pleased with the ending. It might go down sooner or later to a 5/10.

At least, probably contrary to what others think, this didn't want me to destroy the world like Amnesia did. Or didn't make me mad in every episode of the latter half like Brothers Conflict. It's not the worst thing I've seen but it's not the best either.

You make me want to play the game, but I live in Japan so it's in Japanese, and I relied a lot on the subtitles.

I didn't expect the guys to live though...
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Dec 10, 2013 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
I kept my expectations realistic but I still couldn't help but cringe at the way this ended. Seriously they spent like 8 episodes abusing her and then she wakes up and goes "Yay all of my nakama are here to violate support me! :>" Good ole Stockholm Syndrome without any rhyme or reason.

Mediocre and underwhelming only begin to describe how I felt about this series, I'm stuck between giving it a 3/10 or 4/10. I can tell this wasn't my kind of thing and was made for the self insert fans.

And just for the sake of it, in before I get a reply saying "dude don't take it seriously it's just a parody!" since that seems to be the phrase of the month everywhere I go.
Dec 10, 2013 12:35 AM

Jun 2013
irenika said:
Lil-Bird said:
thejadegecko said:
I don't know what is going on anymore. Why did I waste my time with this anime?
Arlia said:
I can't believe I was able to watch this. Isn't this the worst shoujo anime ever made ?
Izanai said:

All of this.

Only the uncle went up in flames, but I wish the whole mansion did.

All of this

I dropped at 7 , watched it back when this episode released. Not amused.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 10, 2013 2:31 AM

Apr 2011
i honestly dont know how i feel about that ending, kinda cliche if you ask me, at the start of the show it had a brothers conflict vibe but every episode after felt boring to me.
Dec 10, 2013 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
nehnehneji said:
Izanai said:

This!!!! I just couldn't bring myself to drop it from some reason!!!!!!!! :S

Same here! I wanted to drop it after episode 2 but for some reason, I just had to finish it. I guess I wanted to know if she ends up with someone. lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 10, 2013 4:02 AM

Feb 2011
Lolwat. ending for the win.
Dec 10, 2013 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
I would have given this show a 10/10 if Yui sank her fangs into Ayato after saying "I'm so thirsty". But nope.

2/10 one of the worst shows I've ever seen.
Dec 10, 2013 4:59 AM

Sep 2012
Hmm, it was ok. It's not the best anime that I have ever seen, but I'd like to see a second season.

Of course it'd be amazing if she had killed everyone and set fire at the mansion.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 10, 2013 5:45 AM

Aug 2013
Worst shojo anime ever 3/10 3 only because of the art -_- story s almost 0.
Finally the worst nightmare ended :|

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 10, 2013 7:01 AM

Sep 2008
People who dislike this show, but watching it till the end?
Why do you lose your time for watching something what you don't like?
Isn't better to watching something else?
Don't tell me, because is short, because after all this is 15mintus not 3-5min...

Really in the end they like it, but they just want be "haters", because "lot of people hate it".
Dec 10, 2013 7:13 AM
Jan 2013
LittleStar said:
Don't tell me, because is short, because after all this is 15mintus not 3-5min...

Really in the end they like it, but they just want be "haters", because "lot of people hate it".

There is only one word that I can say to you. I love you.
Dec 10, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2012
LittleStar said:

In my case i started watching when there was already 5 episodes out. I liked the art and music and i thought it was just a slow start like many other animes and hoped it would get better. I saw it until episode 7 and was really thinking about droping it but who drops a 12 episode anime if they already saw more than half of it?

I am not a hater, i liked the art and the music but the story could have been much better.

6/10
Dec 10, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
Lyyu said:
Hmm, it was ok. It's not the best anime that I have ever seen, but I'd like to see a second season.

Of course it'd be amazing if she had killed everyone and set fire at the mansion.

Oh my god,it'd have been 9/10 just because of that ending.
Dec 10, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
LittleStar said:

Watching comically bad anime is my pastime.
Dec 10, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
Frost_Kiss said:
LittleStar said:

There is only one word that I can say to you. I love you.

You know all this wouldn't have happend if they didn't put Diabolik Lovers under Shoujo. As a fan of the whole series (Drama CD, Radio Specials, Game, Manga you name it) I enjoyed this extra. You can't take this anime and watch it on its own. BECAUSE I have listened to the CD's, played the game etc I could develp a bit of understanding of the Sakamaki brothers. I mean in the anime Shu gives in WAYY too fast aswell as Reiji ( I like to call him the Do-SGentleman cause he's always trying to fight his thirst in the series, not in the anime though mygod >.> it went like BAM. BLOOD. OKAY. DONE.)

But yeh, it was pretty annoying dealing with soooo many ppl who kept thinking this was bad and yet came back every week to repeat how much they hated this. That really ruined so much for me.

Also, I did say I am a fan of Diabolik Lovers, but that doens't mean I approve of Rape and violence and whatnot... I think it was nice to show Vampires as who they "really" are ( Mythical creatures yes, but they aren't sweet little puppies who fall in love with their food. "Lust" is a thing that has always been part of vampires and Diabolik Lovers brings that back. They have the power, they are on top of the food piramid so why should they hold back and treat their food as equal?) It's only fiction and that makes it interesting imo.

Still glad there are some people who enjoyed the show, personally liked how they went for a route we hadn't seen before and hope there's a second season (perhaps with Mukami brothers?).
Dec 10, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2012
Good series overall expect for the ending. Ending is horrible and so short. Almost like noting happened. I'll give it 6/10
Dec 10, 2013 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
Okay this anime was a hard series to sit through sometimes n other times it was okay because of how the animation was or what was going on in the episode but as time went on yes I am glad i finished it n also i am glad it is over but at the same time it does need more to show if she really is a vampire or not n whats up with Cordelia bc it looks like she could come back but also that smile the well more like a grin that the uncle had like yeah this isnt going to get rid of us we will be back.
Dec 10, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
This anime will be forever known as Misogyny: the anime.
Dec 10, 2013 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
6/10
It may have been offensive/insulting. But it was somewhat enjoyable. The ending was lame though.
Dec 10, 2013 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
That was...that was just fantastic.

2/10 Truly horrible. If this was full length each week I would of dropped this in a heart beat. Looking back, should of dropped it anyway. I only stuck around to see how Yui could top her patheticness each week and to check out the awesome lines of dialogue from the vamps.

clap clap clap
Dec 10, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
It was...entertaining in a wrong way.
Please understand.
Dec 10, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2008
Well, that was a waste of roughly 180 minutes of my life. Started awful, got a little better towards end, and totally lame ending. A series that can easily be summarized in a few sentences if needed.

Veni Vidi Vici. On to another series.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dec 10, 2013 10:21 PM

Oct 2010
I think it would have been better if it just ended at Yui saying

rather than a maybe a preview for 2nd season or whatever. Cause we all know there isn't going to be one
Dec 11, 2013 3:51 AM
Mar 2013
I dind't like the ending...
I guess she's a vampire now or something?
Dec 11, 2013 4:56 AM

Mar 2012
A story about a cute masochist girl being bitten and raped by Edward Cullen Clones.

3/10

Worst anime of Fall 2013.

but it is a very enjoyable guilty pleasure.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 11, 2013 5:31 AM

Mar 2011
MAL users having bad taste, what a surprise.
Dec 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
Oh mah god this show's ending was too fucking hilarious.

Knife isn't even in that deep and does critical damage.
Tea guy just happens to have a book on how to cure her.
I guess that green fire is magical fire that only burns one room.
Everyone else just stands there thinking something will save her, and LOL it does.
She's back to being their bitch.

Man, these reverse harems shows these days are doing horrible.
Dec 11, 2013 6:14 AM

Aug 2010
It was stupid ._. But I'm gonna miss Kanato and Reiji C':
Dec 11, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
Very ending
WoW
So romantic
Such drama

1/10
Dec 11, 2013 8:30 AM
Jul 2013
I can't believe that I spent all that time
waiting for this expected ending ...
I was hoping for more excited scene :'(
... when she said she feel thirsty
I felt enthusiastic but any way I still can't understand what happened to her ....!? 0o
but think I'm satisfied with kanato's amazing SMILE
♥♥
HichanHDec 11, 2013 8:34 AM
Dec 11, 2013 12:10 PM

May 2011
Nothing much changed for me in my feelings about the character, I faintly wish everyone would kick the bucket. But ah well, guess they can live on in misery together. :P
Dec 11, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Ruscaseae said:
Very ending
WoW
So romantic
Such drama

Much good
Dec 11, 2013 4:02 PM

Oct 2011
cherichelly said:
Thank you that its not only me who is glad that this anime is finally over.
There are two reasons why I watched it: THE LOVELY SEIYUUS and ART!
I did expect they might try to follow the game and but there goes a lost expectation.
This.
Dec 11, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2012
it ended on that cliffie!!!! OAO;;
Dec 11, 2013 11:38 PM
Dec 2012
When Yui said "I am thirsty",
does that mean she is a vampire now? I mean, she's thirsty for blood?
Anyway I was hoping for more exciting ending but oh well. It's okay.
Dec 12, 2013 6:16 AM

May 2009
*yawn*

*...rewatches Tsumiki no Ie afterwards*
Dec 12, 2013 8:17 AM

Dec 2012
Season 2 please!

maianimes said:
When Yui said "I am thirsty",
does that mean she is a vampire now? I mean, she's thirsty for blood?
Anyway I was hoping for more exciting ending but oh well. It's okay.

Yup, I think she is a vampire now.
Dec 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
lel. Everyone loves yui suddenly.Except they go back to being all creepey again. It would piss me off more if they suddenly turned into decent human beings so it's fine. I'm glad Laito wasn't with the others at the end. Just continue being a crazy motherfucker.
I'm glad this has ended though I will kinda sorta miss Laito.
4/10
Dec 13, 2013 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Everyone is so tsundere for this show.
Dec 13, 2013 2:37 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:
"I'm so thirsty".
OH.

I was like, what? Is this the end? Is this all the proof that we get that she's a vampire now? The ending sort of sucked. And this is obviously a fan service anime to I can't complain too much about that, but I wish there'd been a bit more story.

Let me see if I have this right. She wanders into the path of hungry vampire willingly. For like, 10 episodes. And then this happens:

*random vampire bother*: Gimme blood.
*Yui*: no stahp.
*bloodsucking ensues*

Subaru ended up being my favorite out of all of them. Gotta love those adorable anger issues <3 jk I picked him because he was the most "normal" out of a bunch of vampires that have more than a few screws loose. He at least gave Yui a chance to escape and a way to protect herself.

But I enjoyed the anime overall, so it gets a 7/10 because despite the flaws, I still kept waiting for episodes.

And so ends Vampire Harem 2013.
Dec 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Mar 2009
LOL. Except for the “bitch-chan” part I agree with your view. Most girls don't like to be refered to as “bitch-anythings”- so that would kill the mood that the other lines were trying to invoke.
Dec 13, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
WOOT! Yui is now a vampire it took long enough to make her one.

Great episode!!!
Dec 14, 2013 2:17 PM

Dec 2009
LittleStar said:

If only people who liked a certain anime were to watch it, every anime would be loved. It's good to have different people watching something so we can have different perspectives in the end instead of only having biased people watching and rating it. I watched 'til the end without liking it and I don't have regrets, did I lose my time? Yes, but I was still able to watch every little thing I liked even though I have little time.
Dec 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2007
Well....ok ending I guess....I kinda felt like there could be more of an epilogue though... And I have no idea if she's still 'human' or a vampire now...

And seriously, what was that antidote? The visualization with the locked door makes it look like the issue is only temporarily gone despite what he says.... (locked doors are meant to be opened later, hahaha...ha....haaa.....)

And thankfully I didn't need to burn my eyes/mind in anger after watching like I had to with Amnesia....but yeah

tldr; a mediocre shoujo series with only the bishies/art going for it, if only there was a little more something.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 14, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2013
Terrible ending... But i must say i found this show rather hilarious. It was so bad that it was good Im surprised I didnt drop it... things got only interesting for me was when Cordelia came into the picture and i was like OHH SNAPP!! but then it got boring again nothing really wow'ed me. the fight scenes were baddddddddd scenery never changed, it was either they were at home or outside in the garden and also that ONE time they went to school and they kept on the uniform throughout the whole show but never went back loll.. ummm what else... Roses kept dying every episode some poor rose would lose it petals. R.I.P to the flowers. loll But idk it wasnt my cup of tea loll and im unsure of so many things like if shes human or a vampire, and do they actully care for her or they just want to continue to use her for food and pleasure loll? either way im lost and its still a bad anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

230 by WifuSimulator666 »»
Mar 21, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.