Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Renge...oh why you so cute?

Poor her, she fell. I found that scene a bit awkward though with her eyes. This episode gave me a little Silver Spoon vibe with the farm animals. Hotaru needs to calm down though lol.

Nov 18, 2013 10:29 AM

Nov 2008

That bunny did the impossible and locked both Hotaru and Renge in it's own enclosure.

Suguru's figure was quite nice, I wish Natsumi didn't squash it.

Nov 18, 2013 1:30 PM

Dec 2011
Okay, that confirms it. Anime of the Year.

Double standards from Natsuki, although she did a lot better than the teacher, who didn't show up until lunch time.

Gotta feel sorry for Suguru. He put his heart and soul into making a brilliant clay cat girl (somehow even making it coloured), only to get it squashed instantly by his little sister.

Ren-chon randomness going full throttle this episode.

"dynamite!!"
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2jbv9d2.jpg

Rabbits catching you (that mischievous smile it gave before trapping them was funny), but you catch a mythical creature called Kazuho. Who doesn't think to get you out of your predicament at first, but instead offers you some incinerated corn.

50/50 eggs. And the chicken perched on Ren-chon's head.

The sweet store's owner is called Kagayama Kaede. And Ren-chon thinks she's a delinquent.
kuuderes_shadowNov 18, 2013 1:49 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 18, 2013 1:54 PM

May 2012
I'm gonna be that person and say that this episode felt like the weakest episode yet. Too much Ren-chon, not enough of the others ._.

Next episode looks amazing though!
Nov 18, 2013 1:57 PM

Oct 2011
vampko said:
I'm gonna be that person and say that this episode felt like the weakest episode yet. Too much Ren-chon, not enough of the others ._.

HERESY! There is no such thing as too much Ren-chon! In fact, that made it the best episode so far for me.
Nov 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
I couldn't stop laughing at the neko figure that Suguru made with the clay. It was way too perfect haha. http://i.imgur.com/LgUW7bG.png
His reaction to Natsumi destroying it was hilarious.

Dynamite! Renge's dive on that scene was so random haha. And that horsetail-kun toy inside that capsule was retarded lol

This series just has the perfect balance of comedy and calmness. I love it.
Nov 18, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
vampko said:

Shun the non-believer!

In all seriousness, though, yes that episode was more heavily focused on a single character (Renge) than any of the others up to this point. But I don't see how it's possible to not love this episode. Or Ren-chon for that matter.

I keep thinking to myself that there's no way this series can keep the quality up, but week after week, every week it's proving me wrong. 6 5/5s and 1 4/5 so far in the episode ratings from me. Nothing at all has had that good rating record at this point from me ever (both SSY and Madoka were on 5 5/5s and 2 4/5s at this point - the latter of which was to get a 5/5 for every single other episode; everything else I've ever watched has had an average of <4.5).
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 18, 2013 2:07 PM

May 2013
vampko said:

I agree since Ren-chon isn't one of my favourite characters in this series, but still a nice episode nevertheless.

The rabbit segment was pretty hilarious, at least Ren-chon or Hotaru didn't consider eating the actual animals whilst they were trapped.
Nov 18, 2013 2:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ren-chon episode! She's so cute and silly. It kind of does suck though for her because it seems like she's not on the same page as with everyone else haha. I also like how she handled the situation of being stuck in the cage better than Hotaru. That rabbit was really smart.
Nov 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2011
Rabbit pen, rabbit pen...
Let's take care of the chickens.
Let's take care of the rabbits.
Let's groom them nice and pretty.
Then put it all together and... DYNAMITE!!

Can't get enough of that scene. Watched it four times already.
Nov 18, 2013 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Moe level is over 9000!!!! Ren-chon overload :D
Nov 18, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2013
Their brother sure knows how to make a sculpture with clay.

And that manga the girls were reading. I know I've read that before, but I forgot the name of it.

Lol Hotaru being stuck in that cage with Ren-chon.
Nov 18, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2013
What can I say, I like this show.

http://i.imgur.com/fbCBVQo.png
Nov 18, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Rabbit pen, rabbit pen...
Let's take care of the chickens.
Let's take care of the rabbits.
Let's groom them nice and pretty.
Then put it all together and... DYNAMITE!!

Can't get enough of that scene. Watched it four times already.

^This.. I was like, Woah that massive jump...

Also, Anyone know what manga are they reading? *click the spoiler*
Nov 18, 2013 4:13 PM

Sep 2013
I suspect the manga is "made up" for the show, but it also could be from some of Atto's other work?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=8085

"It kind of does suck though for her because it seems like she's not on the same page as with everyone else"

@tingy: There's quite an age gap between her and her sister, and no one else her age to play with! Ren-chon would probably be exactly the same in a city though, she's quite a 'character'!
Hotaru's a city girl, she's not used to the slow pace of country life just yet. Locked in a pen for 3 days? It's ok! We have 50/50 eggs! (that's not how Hotaru looks at it, lolz!)

@kuuderes_shadow: Suguru's catgirl was beautiful! He had various colours of clay: you can see them in @Mills' pic-link:

http://i.imgur.com/LgUW7bG.png

It may have been a Ren-chon centered episode, but everyone got some screen time and she steals the show anyway, eh?
Nov 18, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
vampko said:
I'm gonna be that person and say that this episode felt like the weakest
episode yet. Too much Ren-chon, not enough of the others ._.

I admire your courage in being willing to say that.

In the poll, 58% of people here selected Ren-chon as their favorite character. I
was very surprised to see that she is so far ahead of the others. So you are in the
minority.
okanaganNov 18, 2013 5:11 PM
Nov 18, 2013 4:32 PM
Nov 2010
5Cats said:
I suspect the manga is "made up" for the show, but it also could be from some of Atto's other work?

it's a real manga ive read it before but for the life of me cant remember but ill look into it i know i've seen it

hell i even remember what the manga is about the guy is a major otaku and girl is one of those super pretty types but she ended up liking a guy who is an otaku so in exchange she said she will help the black haired guy be more popular if he will help her become an otaku

Edit-

HAHA I FOUND IT the name is

OMAE O OTAKU NI SHITEYARU KARA, ORE O RIAJUU NI SHITEKURE!

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=77617

okanagan said:

The manga first came out in November 2009. One new chapter has been coming
out every month. At this point, there are 47 chapters. So there is lots of material
for producing a second cour.

he wasnt talking about non non biyori
MrJcNov 18, 2013 4:46 PM
Nov 18, 2013 5:07 PM
Mar 2012
For those interested in knowing what manga they were reading, it's the 87th volume of the Monthly Comic Alive magazine feathuring Omae wo Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore wo Riajuu ni Shitekure!
-Karoshi-Nov 18, 2013 5:52 PM
Nov 18, 2013 5:19 PM
Aug 2013
Oh my god!

Best episode so far. That bunny made my day XD

Ren-chon <3
Nov 18, 2013 5:26 PM
Nov 2010

Just posted the name almost 26 minutes before you lol
Nov 18, 2013 5:41 PM

May 2013

That's what the manga was. Thanks.
Nov 18, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
The sweet store's owner is called Kagayama Kaede. And Ren-chon thinks she's a delinquent.

Well, in Japan dyeing your hair blond do labels you as a delinquent (while opening a candy store in a rural village with 5 kids does qualify as stupid >_< ).
Nov 18, 2013 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
I'll have to concur with what a number of others have said about previous episodes of Non Non Biyori; they seem to fly by so fast that they leave me wanting more. I ended up watching #7 immediately after my first run through. Renge was in rare form and I think this episode had me laughing the hardest so far, and that says a lot since the last week's installment was hilarious!

I really liked Renge's interaction with Kaede. "Why do you keep trying to fool me?" Ha ha ha! So who on this board wouldn't have fun pretending to be "GreatMan" with Renge? I would volunteer to be a monster.
Nov 18, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2012
okanagan said:
vampko said:
I'm gonna be that person and say that this episode felt like the weakest
episode yet. Too much Ren-chon, not enough of the others ._.

I admire your courage in being willing to say that.

In the poll, 58% of people here selected Ren-chon as their favorite character. I
was very surprised to see that she is so far ahead of the others. So you are in the
minority.

Yep! I know I'm in the minority. And I knew this episode would have a really overwhelming lean of people liking it.

I was just expressing what I felt really. I do want to re-iterate that I did have a good amount of fun with it, it was just the least fun yet.

I think KinMoza still takes the cake of being AotY for me, but there're still more episodes that could totally turn that around~

I mean, the first six episodes were plain amazing. And 8's got a very intriguing preview..!
Nov 18, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
one word sums this episode! Dynamite! xD
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Nov 18, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2013
That clay scene... Nii-chan's cat! xD

Sichi said:
one word sums this episode! Dynamite! xD

DYNAMITE! *Launches himself forward*
Nov 18, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
Nice rabbit. Lots of funny scenes.
Also some strange scenes which fit the series.
Nov 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
1 Corn - 112¥
1 Carrot - 117¥
1 Rabbit-Smirk - Priceless.

There are something you can never think of. For everything else, watch Non Non Biyori. :D

This anime is by far, the best thing that happened in this season.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 18, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2010
I got my fill of Ren-chon, but needs more Koma-chan-senpai.

Nov 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Aug 2012
Did no one else laugh at Satou Rina's(Misaka Mikoto) character helping her with the capsule toys?

I loved Kaede, I already can't get enough Satou Rina but her voice really worked here. Hope we see more of her.
Nov 18, 2013 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
I laughed so hard at Suguru's reaction when Nattsun smashed his clay catgirl XD

Ren-chon's string. Outer space! Glad I'm not the only one who thought she was talking about String Theory haha!

DYNAMITE! I had to replay that four times <3

I didn't see that rabbit smirk coming. It took Hotarun a couple of seconds to process what was going on. Ren-chon with her 50-50 egg while the hen was being hysterical in the background lmao.

Kaede seems like a cool person. That prize was random as heck. Her interaction with Ren-chon was funny especially the ride home.
"You can be the hostess at the bar Greatman goes to." Totally lost it at this point.

Preview for next week looks interesting. More Komari x Hotarun please :D

AlexTheRiot said:
Did no one else laugh at Satou Rina's(Misaka Mikoto) character helping her with the capsule toys?

Oh it was her? I thought it sounded like Nabatame Hitomi when she played Itou Nobue in Ichigo Mashimaro.
xcheeNov 18, 2013 9:23 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 18, 2013 9:23 PM

Oct 2013
AlexTheRiot said:

I loved Kaede, I already can't get enough Satou Rina but her voice really worked here. Hope we see more of her.

I thought the scene with Renge and Kaede was excellent. The interaction between the two was so humorous and heart-warming, yet realistic.
Nov 18, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 2010
Well, I felt the rabbit part was really out of place, considering the anime is (relatively) realistic. I mean, c'mon, even Gu is rather apathetic... But whatever, I guess...

The last segment was good.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2009
VanishingKira said:
After rewatching can't believe I didn't notice what Ren-chon meant by the yarn and universe,it obviously signified string theory.
oh dang.. everyone needs to get on Ren-chon's level.. she even pointed out the difference of a paw pad to the entire cat's paw as well.. so technical..
Nov 18, 2013 11:58 PM

Nov 2010
Bunny, chicken, chick ... i love those scenes ... so full of love.
Nov 19, 2013 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
This episode once again was just to cute xD
I love watching this every week it's gonna be such a shame once it ends :(
Nov 19, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Wonderful episode. The dynamite scene was hilarious.
Nov 19, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
The random picture of the brother still sad about his broken figurine. xD i laughed so hard at the bunny scene! nice episode, but they better dont do so much Renge because it could turn into „not again this monotone trick to get the audience with her stupidity … boring“. They should integrate the other charas more. =P
Nov 19, 2013 5:45 AM

Dec 2008
nii-chan was funny in this episode xD
Nov 19, 2013 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
Now that was one smart bunny!
Love the way Renge thinks! 50/50 eggs! lol
Nov 19, 2013 7:21 AM

Nov 2012
omg loved this episode! ren-chon was so awesome with her several face expressions. and the brother with his destroyed clay figure was super funny :D
Nov 19, 2013 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
This was a great comedy
Centered around Ren chan with her Child logics beating the class and the candy store owner
At times I thought it was Nichijou with the clay figure bro made or the Rabbit counter trapping the two
Nee nee playing the tunes for lunch on a xylophone was very clever
Nov 19, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
Renchon knows String Theory! I am sure!!

And isn't it the first time we see the full face of the brother (with eyes and all that)? In terms of working with clay to create a figurine, I am sure he will be a good match versus Issei from Highschool DxD X-D
symbvNov 19, 2013 9:42 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 19, 2013 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
1lau said:

Nee nee playing the tunes for lunch on a xylophone was very clever

She did that in episode 1 as well.
Nov 19, 2013 2:11 PM

Apr 2010
The candy store owner looks like she has a rough life, well she isn't really in a good area for selling candy i guess, then again it isn't really a good area for a store in general.
In that area your probably better of with a farm or something else where you have production which you can sell in a nearby city.

The teacher coming in the 12 made me laugh guess if the parents find out she is in trouble again especially of Komari's mother find out she looks strict.
The scene with the anime cage was nice as well that was one smart rabbit.
Nov 19, 2013 3:00 PM
Jul 2013
Aversa said:
The candy store owner looks like she has a rough life, well she isn't really in a good area for selling candy i guess, then again it isn't really a good area for a store in general.
In that area your probably better of with a farm or something else where you have production which you can sell in a nearby city.

The teacher coming in the 12 made me laugh guess if the parents find out she is in trouble again especially of Komari's mother find out she looks strict.
The scene with the anime cage was nice as well that was one smart rabbit.

Probably her parents work as farmers while she opens up the candy shop. It would explain the nice house designs and them HDTVs :P.

Let's think about it positively: If she didn't open that shop, no molar funny situations with the 4 girls and most important of all, she wouldn't have played with Ren-chon. And we'd kill to play with Ren-chon :P.
Nov 19, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2012
"Instead of fishing up a rabbit with carrots. We're the ones who fell hook. Line and sinker." Great episode. Ren was perfect. I laughed so many times. I was waiting for another all Ren episode. Can't wait for next episode. Ren is so cute.

"Since we're in this situation I'll ask one more time. Are you sure you don't want these 50-50 eggs?" Ren is to smart for a first grader.
Nov 19, 2013 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
The figure he sculpted wasn't exactly indecent or anything, I don't see why she squashed it...
Nov 19, 2013 7:25 PM

Oct 2012
Tricked by a rabbit
Nov 19, 2013 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
I don't think the candy store owner has any rough life. She just likes to dye her hair and speaks a bit casually. Most likely the shop was opened by her parents or even grandparents and she just has to look after the stores when they are busy (in farm for example). As for HDTV, well, all analog TVs are now phased out in Japan so even in countryside you'd see flat-panel digital TV like the one you see in the anime. Nothing really special about it or indicates anything about the girl's taste.

The clear indication why she is a nice girl is that she is willing to push her moped along just so that she can take Renchon back to her home at this late hour, and she still needs to go back to the shop after that!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

260 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

119 by skatensleep »»
Dec 19, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.