Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 24, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat fan service ;o

I bet the girls are a bit surprised they are WANTED now. Action was decent I guess. I hope Kazuki cheers up a bit though.
Oct 24, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Kazuki just seems to... piss me off. I know that she has her reasons, but still... Gah! I don't know...

Oct 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
I really like the characters for the most part... glad to see the parents are alive.

I find the plot a little... wonky... but we're still just getting started.

Hozuki = love.
Oct 24, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely didn't expect Kazuki to be the normal girl when I first saw her. Seems like having a crush is weighing on her right now.

Well she should be useful in fights since she seems to know martial arts so she's not really that useless as she says. Hope she gets over the emo phase.

Nice seeing Papa survive :D...And the mom having amnesia is the best outcome imo. Now we don't have to worry about how annoying she was.

Also good to see the pirates again. Hope they make an alliance with them.

Hozuki and Hazuki are really good character though...loving the point of view their seeing everything with :D
Oct 24, 2013 12:23 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't really feel the tension there ^^'

I do love the characters, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 24, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2013
I feel bad for Kazuki. She wants to go back, but can't cause they are fugitives now.
Oct 24, 2013 12:31 PM

Jun 2012
Unsurprisingly, the highschool Galileo,Kazuki, is the worst Galileo
What is it going to take for her to grasp the situation they're all in instead of expressing teen angst the whole time?

I'll give Kazuki though that Anna needs stop harping every scene that they're Galileo Galilei's descendants. It's annoying even from an observer's perspective
Oct 24, 2013 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
Yamishiro said:
Kazuki just seems to... piss me off. I know that she has her reasons, but still... Gah! I don't know...

Yea, I though she was pretty annoying this episode. She just wouldn't stop complaining. I get that they are in a bad situation, but she seriously needs to shut up.

Whew, the parents are still alive but the mom has amnesia and doesn't remember anything from her personal life. And Adnimoon is planning to use her. Once again the episode ends with a mech battle, but this time its the pirates vs Mateazzi.

I'm anxious to see what they were catching onto at the end of the episode and how they're gonna use the clues to find the Galilei Tesoro.
Oct 24, 2013 12:46 PM

May 2010
man kazuki is one nasty little bitch. so useless and so petty. ruined this episode for me.

3/5
Oct 24, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
The characters are ok but the plot is pretty bad. The way they just happened to find that map at that exact time and knowing there was a trail of clues... 0_o
Oct 24, 2013 12:49 PM
Oct 2010
So the parents are still alive... But what happened to the goldfish???

Mills said:
Yamishiro said:

Yea, I though she was pretty annoying this episode. She just wouldn't stop complaining. I get that they are in a bad situation, but she seriously needs to shut up.
... yep.

What got most annoying was the part where she slandered her sister, right in the middle of the attack to boot... Her denial of reality is on a dangerous level.

MusashiRose said:
I find the plot a little... wonky... but we're still just getting started.
Haha, wonky.

I think it's taking shape alright, but I kinda see what you mean... or so I believe anyway.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 24, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
Kazuki blame Hazuki for everything, for what ? She can't even read the dangerous situation.
The reality is not that nice, if they really gave that to him.
All of them probably will get killed.

Hozuki is my favorite ^_^

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 24, 2013 1:07 PM
Aug 2011
Dammit Kazuki I thought you were better than that. I'm sure that you looked pretty chill before this.

When a 7 year old is keeping herself together and doing everything while you're there crying is one of the most irritating things ever.

HybridMBL said:
I'll give Kazuki though that Anna needs stop harping every scene that they're Galileo Galilei's descendants. It's annoying even from an observer's perspective

Not to mention that she keeps relaying the most obvious things that are happening. Thanks Anna it's not like we're watching the episode or anything.
Treating the viewers like dumbasses one Anna at a time!
Oct 24, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
Seems like Kazuki is supposed to express what "normal" people would think in a situation as crazy as this. I can get that she wants to just return to her life but that seems impossible now given that this shadow organization basically controls the police. The only thing for them to do now is to find out why everyone wants this Galileo Tesoro and hopefully use that to stop the organization.
Oct 24, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
parfaited said:
Dammit Kazuki I thought you were better than that. I'm sure that you looked pretty chill before this.

When a 7 year old is keeping herself together and doing everything while you're there crying is one of the most irritating things ever.

HybridMBL said:

Not to mention that she keeps relaying the most obvious things that are happening. Thanks Anna it's not like we're watching the episode or anything.
Treating the viewers like dumbasses one Anna at a time!

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 24, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
I want more pirates!!!
Oct 24, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
I hate the middle sister so much, what an annoying bitch. Someone needs to backhand that bitch.
MinagatachiOct 24, 2013 2:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2013 2:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wasn't too keen on Kazuki from the start and this episode just made her borderline unbearable. I can understand her fear in the situation as well as her feelings of inadequacy in the face of her genius little sister, but her over the top reactions to everything are the height of immaturity (throwing soap at your elder sister for mistakenly opening the door to the shower is just one of the many examples of this). I hope she has the mother of all character developments or gets less screen time than her other sisters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 24, 2013 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
So far we have the overly emotional girl, the somewhat intelligent but lazy girl, and the young and incredibly cute prodigy. I can tell they are trying to make these personalities clash but it feels forced a bit. And really, the mom is alive and has amnesia? I foresee a cliche family drama moment in the future.

Oh yeah and that pirate is a badass, that is all.
Oct 24, 2013 2:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mills said:
Yamishiro said:

Seriously...I thought she would be a cool character, but wow complaining all the time especially in a such a situation isn't going to do anything, and the thing is, a bunch of what she's complaining about it due to her jealousy against Hozuki. I get jealous too of people who're good at everything, but what can you do about it? All that negative energy isn't good :( hopefully she gets over it soon and accepts their situation.

No food! What're they going to do? They should get Anna to shop for them. And that document that Galileo left is full of mysteries, like what's a random line of music doing at the corner?
Oct 24, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2012
Thought Kazuki would have been the calm one. Guess I was wrong. Glad to see the mom and dad are still alive. Poor mom. I guess Hozuki just found another clue.
Oct 24, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2011
You all need to stop hating on Kazuki. Sure, she's a bit emotional but it's reasonable. She's being hunted down, has to hear about how great her little sister is all the time, and she might not be able to see the person she loves again.
Oct 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Feb 2012
Not only is the middle sister annoying, she's also a retard. 'HUH!!! WUH?!!!' 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!' 'I DONT UNDERSTAND!!' dumb bitch she ruined the whole damn ep.
Oct 24, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
Kaiburr said:
You all need to stop hating on Kazuki. Sure, she's a bit emotional but it's reasonable. She's being hunted down, has to hear about how great her little sister is all the time, and she might not be able to see the person she loves again.

Yep, if she was just all gung ho about the situation people would be saying it's unrealistic since she doesn't have a clear reason to continue like the others do. Though I do think they spent a little too much screentime on her angst. Could be handled better going forward, but like Hikari in Nagi no Asukara she's being set up to have the most relatable development in the show.
Oct 24, 2013 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Stop being butthurt Kazuki-chann.
Oct 24, 2013 3:41 PM
Dec 2012
I enjoyed the episode a lot. That sisterly tiff was a lovely sight to see. The mecha battle was well-done.

Their adventure is on-going. Looking forward to next episode.
Oct 24, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
Oh boy, someone slap that girl for me, please. She's saying they're not making sense then cries in the corner while her every one tries to figure out how to escape the enemy's big ship. I really hope she'd be over all this insecurities by next episode, or the next at most.
Oct 24, 2013 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
oh boy Kazuki..i thought you would be the serous badass middle sister with all that Karate training but this episode you ended up being the whiny bitch though i understand her reasons i just thought she would of handled this better instead of complaining the whole time hell even the youngest one is more composed than her.

still liking this hope she shapes up better over time Treasure hunting time!
Oct 24, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2011
I didn't think Kazuki was such a whiny character but it's understandable during that situation they're in, Hozuki is not normal so we can't really compare the two. I just hope that she doesn't turn one like a certain character from Coppelion. I'll give her one or two more episodes. The episode was pretty good itself, I liked seeing more of the Galileo machine. More space pirates please.
Oct 24, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
i now get this Indiana Jones feeling and that is good. its mixed with some not new anime high tech (mecha, airship), but this stuff has a fresh appearence. could be nice to watch since i was a bit scared in the first place. i see a solid adventure with its own style coming.
Oct 24, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
Wasn't the best episode, but decent overall. Interesting to see it building up for the main plot to come later. Kazuki was a bit annoying, but I could understand how she felt, but if it were me, I'd be more calm in that situation since it is quite dangerous to be reckless. Hozuki is so damn smart. I've never seen a 13-year-old build that kind of thing - it even has nice interior design! I wanna see more of Hazuki because we still haven't found out her hidden talents yet. Also, good to hear some Kamiya Hiroshi once again! "Bambina" :D
Oct 24, 2013 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Kazuki she dosnt want to be there
Oct 24, 2013 6:39 PM

Sep 2008
mayukachan said:
Also, good to hear some Kamiya Hiroshi once again! "Bambina" :D

I'd be lying if i said i didn't get all starry eyed with a smile on my face when i heard that again. Haha I'm really glad everyone is meeting up at one point and i hope to see more of these confrontations. I also have a feeling this space pirate will end up fighting along with the sisters just to bring the company down.

I will agree that this episode wasn't the best but at least the story is moving along. I enjoy learning about the sister's personalities but there was definitely too much focus on Kazuki. It really bothers me that she's not facing reality and is letting her jealously block that reality. Hazuki put it simply, "There isn't an easy way out" and i feel like that's one of Kazuki's main problems. She just wants to pretend everything will get fixed with giving up the Tesoro. I feel that it's also easy for her to give that up since it seems like she's never really felt attached to it or even considered herself a true Galilei descendant. I get how that must be tough but let's hope that she can find her place more sooner than later.

Other than that, Hozuki is still amazing and my hero forever, you go girl.
Oct 24, 2013 7:58 PM

May 2012
01:26 lol she's alive

03:32 dat ringtone

08:13 Bambina rocks

Hmmm... 7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 24, 2013 9:28 PM

Feb 2013
I'm am really loving this series. My second favorite of the season. I love all three girls and how all three have their problems but all are likable in a way. I love the youngest, however I can understand how the middle one feels overshadowed by her siblings. She probably doesn't know that her little sister probably looks up to her and that she has her own talent in her own way.

I also like how the sisters act more western than the normal Japanese, like the whole shower scene. If I had a sister, I would NOT be comfortable if she walked in on me in the shower, and I too would yell at her to get out. Most Westerners, and especially Americans, are not comfortable with the whole public bath thing, even if it is with other members of the same sex. So, it was nice having a show show what a Western girl's response would be.

I'm glad neither parent is dead, but one has amnesia and the other is on the run. And the bad guys are your stock really over the top evil. In fact, I almost expected at the end of the CEO tycoon's speech in the beginning for every to start shouting "Sieg Heil!" and such, since that's where it seemed to be building.

I'm expecting for them to join up with the pirates eventually since, they seem to be the anti heroes of this story. I'll be looking forward to it.

I give this an 8/10.
Oct 24, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2012
Excellent episode, glad the pirates are back. The pirate boss looks like he walked straight out of a character design sketch book for the next Final Fantasy game. Amazing.

The whole plot seems kind of "hollywood" to me (think National Treasure, the Da Vinci Code etc) but this show is so much more entertaining than those trashy films. I think the artwork, OST + characters are a big factor in this. Also the CGI for the mech scenes is tight and blends in seamlessly with the drawn animation. This show is kick-ass so far even if the plot seems a little ridiculous.

Hozuki reminds me of a typical young female Miyazaki-style heroine. She's excellent. Hazuki is cool too, and everyone hating on Kazkui needs to cut her a break. How would you react if you had a complete psycho bearing down on you after finding out you're on the international wanted list? And on top of this she's jealous as hell of Hozuki and you can see why. It would be boring if they all had the same personality so your hatred is basically implausible.

Keen for ep 4.
Oct 24, 2013 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
Oh Kazuki, why are you so whiny? I get that you don't want to be there, you're probably really scared and you're upset you are waaay outside your comfort zone, not to mention you're most likely tired of being referred to as Galileo's descendant...but seriously, an enemy bot that could easily obliterate your ship has your ship in its claws...can you pick another time to bitch at your little sister who's trying her best to get you out of that situation?

*sigh*

I wonder what Hozuki's necklace is about. Good thing their Dad's okay but Mama has an amnesia. Kind of disappointed they pulled that amnesia card on us. Now you can tell Mama's going to be helping the enemy and the sisters would be powerless to resist.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 24, 2013 11:04 PM

Nov 2007
You guys do realize that Kazuki is the only one of the three sisters who is in love, right?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 25, 2013 12:36 AM

Aug 2013
Can someone please just slap Kazuki, she needs to stop whining and get a hold of herself. I know you're in a bad situation, girl, but the least you could do is help your sisters out. They're actually trying to do something to get you guys out of your current situation. So stop sitting in the corner and moaning at everyone about how terrible your life is at the moment. Thank you.

Besides that, good episode. Glad they've started to look for this Tesoro thing.
SliceofHorrorOct 25, 2013 12:39 AM
wow gay
Oct 25, 2013 12:39 AM

Aug 2010
Kaiburr said:

Please, stick out your chest so I can put a medal to it.

Personally, I still like Kazuki. She just needs a hug (and to get accustomed to the situation they are in).

Also, I liked that Kazukiservice this episode =D

And it really looks like they are gonna team up with dem sky pirates (Saa, kaizoku no jikan da!)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 25, 2013 1:20 AM
Mar 2010
Well, guess I'm one of the only people who thinks that Kazuki is actually acting like how a normal person would. She's a teenager, she's not a genius like Hozuki and she's not strong like her sisters either. So what? You can't expect every person to be strong.

I like her because of her flaws. She actually feels like a real person.

But I'll admit, whining about how sticky she feels and how dirty it is is stupid. If it were me, I'd be worrying about my parents instead.

And I'm sure it's natural for her to feel useless(not jealous) that she can't do anything while her younger sister is doing everything. Also, really, stop with the Galileo comparisons already.

P.S One question, why couldn't Hozuki reverse course? Before that Ars Iron caught them, she could've, right?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 25, 2013 2:31 AM

Jan 2008
shanimebib said:
You guys do realize that Kazuki is the only one of the three sisters who is in love, right?

10 bucks it's that typical "relationship" in which he didn't even glance at her once during her whole high school time, because she lacks balls to ask him out. But oh my, she's mucho in love with him.

Well, I get the fact that Kazuki is the Normal One, but her angst felt terribly stupid. Not even rushed, just stupid. I don't know, do creators really think that all high school girls are impossible to think logically or care to work some empathy? OR JUST HAVE A DAMN COMMON SENSE GEEZ. You want your tranquil life back, okay, I understand, but girl, do it AFTER you escape from a big mecha that wants to kill you. okthxbai.
Actually the whole scene with squeezing and crushing was weird - they had time to talk, then talk some more, see Kazuki's outburst and talk again. And Origami Guy looks pretty ruthless to me, I doubt he would just give them time to think.

On the other hand I'm okay with Anna's constant yammering about Galileo descendants. She's a friggin' fan, of course she would be talking about it and is probably thrilled to travel with the girls and kinda dissapointed that they are not as thrilles as she is. You know, that situation from Hollywood movies, when MC meets the actor that plays his favourite character and he turns out to be a big dope.

Mama's is feigning that amnesia stuff, putting my dibs on it now. And I'm the only one who thinks "Jesus" every time I see Galileo Papa?
Oct 25, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
tingy said:
Mills said:
Yamishiro said:

Seriously...I thought she would be a cool character, but wow complaining all the time especially in a such a situation isn't going to do anything, and the thing is, a bunch of what she's complaining about it due to her jealousy against Hozuki. I get jealous too of people who're good at everything, but what can you do about it? All that negative energy isn't good :( hopefully she gets over it soon and accepts their situation.

No food! What're they going to do? They should get Anna to shop for them. And that document that Galileo left is full of mysteries, like what's a random line of music doing at the corner?
I thought she was going to be the kickass karate mofo cliche, not the whiny little school girl cliche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2013 7:12 AM
Nov 2008
I think you people expect to much of Kazuki. She reacts like aa emo teenager because, newsflash, she is one! Out of all the characters right now she's the one with the most realistic behavior to the situation they're in. I personally find it refreshing that she just doesn't blindly agrees to the find gallileo's tesoro quest like it was the most natural thing to do.
Oct 25, 2013 7:18 AM
Nov 2008
Ciara said:

Actually the whole scene with squeezing and crushing was weird - they had time to talk, then talk some more, see Kazuki's outburst and talk again. And Origami Guy looks pretty ruthless to me, I doubt he would just give them time to think.

Why would he kill the only clue they've got right now to finding the tesoro? Seems to me like he was bluffing than really threatening them
Oct 25, 2013 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
cheto said:
Ciara said:

Why would he kill the only clue they've got right now to finding the tesoro? Seems to me like he was bluffing than really threatening them

Hm, good point. I suppose I focused on that sketch they found and that he expected them to have something like that. Then he wouldn't need them at all.
Oct 25, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
Air pirates saving the day felt good. I have a feeling as time goes on both Kazuki and Hazuki will surprise us with something grand like Hozuki did in eps one and two. Anna realizes their latent talents.
[center]
Oct 25, 2013 8:24 AM
Mar 2013
Ok, i've decided the one i dislike the most is Kazuki. But i hope she will cheer up.
Oct 25, 2013 9:19 AM

May 2012
Anna's hairstyle make her look as if she had a pair of hay bales on her shoulders.
Oct 25, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
In this episode, Kazuki shows us how easily puberty can ruin a character.

And, of course, Hozuki = Love. It's almost unfatomable how easily Hozuki managed to get in my good side.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

58 by tofei »»
Oct 25, 2017 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.