Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders' to Get TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 16, 2013 10:50 AM
Aug 2011
SOME OF THE BEST NEWS OF MY WHOLE LIFEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oct 16, 2013 10:53 AM
May 2012
symbv said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE INFERNO COP NEWS
The Inferno Cop "news" is most likely to be false though. Just keep this in mind.

Tengai said:
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure really good??? I've been thinking a lot lately if I should really watch this. I've known this Anime for quite some time now.
I am never a fan of GAR exaggerated battle shounen stuff but I still got quite captivated by the anime. The way the anime modernizes the old manga in present art and sound-scape while keeping the taste of the original material, and the amazing voicing acting skills of the cast of seiyuu, is truly something to behold.

Well I am going to wait for 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders' to finish airing first so I can marathon all of them including the old ones.
Oct 16, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
I wonder how many cours it'll be, they'll have 152 chapters to work with, but I hope they dont condense it in 26 eps like 2012 not that it was bad, but that's a lot of cut content.
Oct 16, 2013 12:11 PM

Feb 2010
Tengai said:
symbv said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE INFERNO COP NEWS
The Inferno Cop "news" is most likely to be false though. Just keep this in mind.

Tengai said:
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure really good??? I've been thinking a lot lately if I should really watch this. I've known this Anime for quite some time now.
I am never a fan of GAR exaggerated battle shounen stuff but I still got quite captivated by the anime. The way the anime modernizes the old manga in present art and sound-scape while keeping the taste of the original material, and the amazing voicing acting skills of the cast of seiyuu, is truly something to behold.

Well I am going to wait for 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders' to finish airing first so I can marathon all of them including the old ones.

The old OVAs also cover Stardust Crusaders, so it might be a bit repetitive to watch both after each other.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 16, 2013 12:38 PM

Feb 2008
I AM ONLY HAPPY BECAUSE THIS MEANS THAT WE ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH. I'M NOT THAT MUCH OF A FAN OF PART 3, BUT I LOVE PART 4 AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO A POSSIBLE DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH ADAPTATION, NOW THAT SC IS OFFICIAL.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 16, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2012
I hope it's longer than 26 episodes
Oct 16, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2012
Man I hope this song becomes the ending song instead of Roundabout, it's a lot more fitting, but it might be too much though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bkysjcs5vFU

ZetaZaku said:
I AM ONLY HAPPY BECAUSE THIS MEANS THAT WE ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH. I'M NOT THAT MUCH OF A FAN OF PART 3, BUT I LOVE PART 4 AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO A POSSIBLE DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH ADAPTATION, NOW THAT SC IS OFFICIAL.
Same here, I love that part the most and had the best cast of characters.

Alphasz said:
I hope it's longer than 26 episodes
Same.
Oct 16, 2013 1:44 PM
Apr 2010
That's cool. Guess I'll watch the first season pretty soon.
Oct 16, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
Oh my God! Holy Shit! OH! MY! GOD!
Oct 16, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
Unit-01 said:
Man I hope this song becomes the ending song instead of Roundabout, it's a lot more fitting, but it might be too much though

Imho "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" is the perfect ending song for obvious reasons, but songs like "Sacred Heart", "The Man Who Would Be King" or even the likes of "Evil Eyes", "Rainbow In The Dark" or "Don't Talk To Strangers" could work as well if DP continues to have such a good direction when it comes to ending transitions. Not to mention that they could use songs from all the other artists referenced in SC as well... or just continue using Roundabout. I wouldn't mind that as well. Egypt > all other possible choices

I also agree with you that a possible Diamond is not Crash adaption being made after this is the true exciting news for me. I love SC, but Diamond is just way more fun.
NidhoeggrOct 16, 2013 2:14 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 16, 2013 2:47 PM
Sep 2013
Terence T. D'Arby: Are you going to watch the Part 3 anime?

Me: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Oct 16, 2013 3:03 PM
Oct 2011
About damn time. Now we get to see Za Warudo and Jotaro being a badass, and Joseph being.. Joseph.
Unit-01 said:

ZetaZaku said:
Same here, I love that part the most and had the best cast of characters.
Josuke, Okuyasu, Rohan and Kira. That part sure had the best cast, especially the last 2.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/16/133163.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/15/196507.jpg
Oct 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Nov 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Unit-01 said:

Imho "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" is the perfect ending song for obvious reasons, but songs like "Sacred Heart", "The Man Who Would Be King" or even the likes of "Evil Eyes", "Rainbow In The Dark" or "Don't Talk To Strangers" could work as well if DP continues to have such a good direction when it comes to ending transitions. Not to mention that they could use songs from all the other artists referenced in SC as well... or just continue using Roundabout. I wouldn't mind that as well. Egypt > all other possible choices
I don't know the guy's music, but with a song titled Egypt, I don't see how there's any more appropriate choice for the ED song, so I really don't get the people trying to push for this Holy Diver.
Oct 16, 2013 3:54 PM

Apr 2009
Joe4evr said:
I don't know the guy's music, but with a song titled Egypt, I don't see how there's any more appropriate choice for the ED song, so I really don't get the people trying to push for this Holy Diver.

Because most "Dio fans" only know "Holy Diver" and "Rainbow In The Dark"... and the first minute of Holy Diver is very atmospheric and has a mystic feel to it. But then again, so does Egypt.
Oct 16, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Unit-01 said:

I also agree with you that a possible Diamond is not Crash adaption being made after this is the true exciting news for me. I love SC, but Diamond is just way more fun.
Yeah that actually is a lot more fitting, I can't believe the song title escaped my mind.

Joe4evr said:
]I don't know the guy's music, but with a song titled Egypt, I don't see how there's any more appropriate choice for the ED song, so I really don't get the people trying to push for this Holy Diver.
I assume The Worlds design was based off of Dio and this little scene in the music video that looked like a Demon(?), which is why I would think it be fitting since
Oct 16, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
Man, this and the Fate/stay night confirmation for next year make my day. My favourite manga & visual novel will get a new animated season, it's perfect.

Joe4evr said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Unit-01 said:

It's Ronnie James DIO, one of the best and most influenced vocalist of the Heavy Metal ever. He was also the man who popularized the Sign of the Horns ( lml ). You know, a legend.

Also, people say that Holy Diver is one of the songs that would fit because the clothes of DIO in this parts are shiny and gold.
Oct 16, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2012
THERE IS A GOD
Oct 16, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
Instant PTW.

More JoJo swag is always welcome! Hopefully they adapt the rest as well. :D
Oct 16, 2013 7:58 PM
Nov 2008
Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Oct 16, 2013 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
THERE IS A DIO
Oct 16, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2011
OOOOOOOMMMAAHHHH FUCKING GOD IT IS HAPPENING
Oct 16, 2013 9:51 PM

Oct 2007
Looking forward to seeing stands.
Oct 16, 2013 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone else here think 'Get Back' would be the perfect ending theme? I mean it's probably not going to happen because of fucking Apple Records but a man can dream
Oct 16, 2013 11:21 PM

Feb 2008
komic said:
YES! brilliant news. Now I don't have to watch the OVA versions.

But you should, especially because the battle between Dio and Jotaro is simply amazing.
Also Dio's voice actor in the OVA does a terrific job, imo.
Oct 16, 2013 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
mecharobot said:

Shame that Joseph's voiced by Sugita Tomokazu. I really liked the VA from the JoJo PS1 game. His "Oh my God!" and "Holy Shit!" were fantastic. Not sure if Sugita can pull it off (I still preferred Young Joseph's PS1 voice over Sugita).

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 16, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
ZetaZaku said:
mecharobot said:

Shame that Joseph's voiced by Sugita Tomokazu. I really liked the VA from the JoJo PS1 game. His "Oh my God!" and "Holy Shit!" were fantastic. Not sure if Sugita can pull it off (I still preferred Young Joseph's PS1 voice over Sugita).

You're the only person I've heard say that about young Joseph. I thought his voicework as Young Joseph was absolutely perfect, and that the PS1's voice actor was underwhelming and a bit wimpy.
GyroSpinOct 17, 2013 2:07 AM
Oct 17, 2013 1:23 AM

Jul 2012
"Then DIO said, "Let there be Part 3", and it was Guddo."- Genesis 1:3...I think...
"True Nonoriri's have Buster Machines in their HEARTS!!!!"
Oct 17, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2010
by far the best jojo arc can't wait for it.
Oct 17, 2013 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
Confirmed to air in 2014

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/BWvRVN8CYAAK328.jpg
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 17, 2013 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
So excited to hear this, I can't wait!
Oct 17, 2013 5:24 AM
Jan 2013
YES YES YES YES!!!!!
Oct 17, 2013 5:28 AM
Mar 2011
shanimebib said:
Damnit! Best news of the month!

I would say best news of 2013. Even though it was low budget (as some were saying), they decided still to continue it.
Oct 17, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2011
Hells yeah. I'm super hyped for this one.
''If you give the most powerful force in the universe to an idiot, he'd probably just kill himself with it.''
- Alice, mgq

Oct 17, 2013 6:02 AM

Feb 2013
bskbob said:

lolno, part 3 is on the lower end of the spectrum

Still doesn't take much away from how awesome this news is.
Oct 17, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
OraOraOraOra!
Oct 17, 2013 7:38 AM
Sep 2012
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY \o/

the prequel was a nice surprise so keep them coming!
Oct 17, 2013 11:18 AM
Jul 2012
I wonder when it will start airing... really can't wait.
Oct 17, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2009
as expected david production will continue the series ... waiting for Dio
Oct 17, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 17, 2013 12:57 PM
Mar 2011
clscc226 said:
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WRYYYYY
Oct 17, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
Sadakiyo said:
Iwasaki isn't working on the music for this part as he was unhappy with how they used his score in part 2, but hopefully part 3's new composer will be great as well.

I CAN'T WAIT THOUGH

Did Iwasaki expressly said he won't partecipate in composing the part 3?
Because I'm interested in this info.

Durbikins said:
Now we're one step closer to Part 4 getting an anime adaptation.

I feel you man, every step closer to Part 4 is a step closer to my own death.
But, I think it's still far away ..

gedata said:
bskbob said:

lolno, part 3 is on the lower end of the spectrum

Still doesn't take much away from how awesome this news is.

^
I objectively think Part 3 is one of the weakest parts of JoJo but, more JoJo is always a wonderful thing, and it's a step closer to Part 7 ...
I want to believe.
Oct 17, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
Unit-01 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Unit-01 said:

Yeah that actually is a lot more fitting, I can't believe the song title escaped my mind.

They could also use music from Dio's other projects. Rainbow and Heaven & hell are both great bands and I wouldn't mind "Man On The Silver Mountain" or "Bible Black" as well.
Oct 17, 2013 8:54 PM
Apr 2009
I'm not sure anyone connected to another anime project would want the words "Bible Black" associated with it. >_>
Oct 17, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
that awesome news
Jojo is very cool o/
Oct 17, 2013 10:55 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't even realize it when i was watching the anime, but i heard this but the prequel was actually a low budget anime? I really enjoyed so its quite surprising to hear that. hopefully they can have a bigger budget this time, heard part 3 is a fan favourite.

Oct 17, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
supermegasonic said:
I didn't even realize it when i was watching the anime, but i heard this but the prequel was actually a low budget anime?
Depending what you meant by low budget I guess. The animated part 1 & 2 which was aired last year certainly does not have very high budget but I won't call it having absolutely low budget either.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 18, 2013 12:04 AM

Sep 2009
Any thought who wil provide the music this time? First it was Hellsing composer for vampiric theme, then it was the master of electronic music for AWESOMENESS, what is the theme of next story?
Oct 18, 2013 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
You approach silently, but I can hear you call my name Part 4. Come soon.
Oct 18, 2013 5:55 AM
Oct 2013
This is good. Part 3 is not my favourite but still great.
Oct 18, 2013 6:24 AM

Jul 2010
FrostLich said:
Any thought who wil provide the music this time? First it was Hellsing composer for vampiric theme, then it was the master of electronic music for AWESOMENESS, what is the theme of next story?

Next theme is a journey from Japan to Egypt. So I bet the music will change for every country they will visit. Or at least it should be very variegated.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

2 by Zakception »»
29 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

14 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
9 hours ago

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

13 by tragedydesu »»
9 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
Today, 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.