Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just when you think you can enjoy some ramen..trouble comes. Damn, never a break ;.;

LOL @ the nun this episode. Ha. OST was decent as usual I guess with the action. Yae is a cool girl in my book though. Shit's about to go down.
Oct 13, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
School and office... back to their regular life after the festival. That man with Ao in the photo... isn't he the boss of the first arc? Everyone receiving the same postcard. lol @ Akina calming the weird atmosphere. lol @ how OnoD's character got full stomach. Nice "workout" space.

That witch girl stats to disturb them. And Ao's kiss to Kotoha to make her back to conscious.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
I need to read the manga! So many characters seem to have an interesting background, but it won't be animated in this, I guess?

That kid sure is a pervert.
Oct 13, 2013 12:47 PM

May 2012
Good episode. Things got a little crazy at the end. Looks like Lila is going to be a problem. That nurse is to sexy. That kid is a player. Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 13, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
Kurini said:
I need to read the manga! So many characters seem to have an interesting background, but it won't be animated in this, I guess?

hes not a kid o_o he only is using that form because the maid likes it. his actual height is the same as his sister. hes also older than almost all the characters
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 13, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
hazerddex said:
Kurini said:

hes not a kid o_o he only is using that form because the maid likes it. his actual height is the same as his sister. hes also older than almost all the characters
Thanks for the info! That's exactly why I need to read the manga, I thought that Yae true form was the kid form since she call the kid "Aniki".
Oct 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
That nurse though <3. Kyousuke's reaction to her was hilarious
Lol at Yae sneaking up on Kotoha.

Oh man, that scene with the witch was pretty intense.. Hope nothing bad happens to Kotoha. She's my favorite.

Really loving the animation, OST, and the characters in this series. Another great episode.
Oct 13, 2013 3:50 PM
Dec 2012
That goldfish looked realistic.

OK episode. I prefer the previous one. Wonder where the series is headed. Just wish the show focused on the plot without so much fanservice.

Since I liked Birdy Decode and Gatchaman Crowds, I enjoy the show. But some people may find it random and lackluster.
Oct 14, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
I'm so addicted to the ED, damn.
Oct 14, 2013 5:41 AM

Jun 2012
Enjoyed seeing this episode from the guys PoV in the first half then the girls in the second half. Always been a personal favorite directing choice of mine. Led to some misdirection such as when you think Kyousuke is "angry" with the two people in the first half of the episode.

What was that noise when that hand came out of the sky before it got sliced by Yae? O.o
Oct 14, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Ao putting stuff on her head is oddly adorable
Oct 14, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
HybridMBL said:
Enjoyed seeing this episode from the guys PoV in the first half then the girls in the second half. Always been a personal favorite directing choice of mine. Led to some misdirection such as when you think Kyousuke is "angry" with the two people in the first half of the episode.

Yeah me too. I love this kind of directing for an episode :D

Juri is HOT as hell!!! Dem Thighs *A*

The fight in the second half was amazing. Dat animation!! Really great ^^

Then the scene where Kotoha was going berserk! That was amazing too.

Ao interfering was nice. She's really cute throughout the ep <3

Yuuhi is as perverted as usual XD Dat groping and caressing XD

Yae is also friggin Hot! I love how her thighs are showing from that slit in her Nun outfit <3

Nxt ep...Akina goes Berserk?
Oct 14, 2013 9:14 AM

May 2013
So that's why Kyousuke was running lol.
Oct 14, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
I love this 2 view episode, that nurse, that kid & nun plus kotoha power is op! So much movement animation with fun characters is the best xD.

BTW that OP is freaking great!
Oct 14, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Wow what was that kiss wow yes.
Also, the ending is very great, I wonder what's going on with this guy whose name I don't recall's hair.
The preview really made me look forward to next week.
Oct 14, 2013 10:39 AM
Jun 2013
What i'm asking myself is : why isn't there some sort of powerful seals (even the shackles seems to be basic)?

I mean didn't the "wordpower" girl just summoned missiles? Even if there was one (seal or shackle) that was destroyed by the witch or the wolf guy (on the girl) , wouldn't there be some kind of strong onmyouji/spiritual master constantly observing the states the seals are in?

I mean, if "yae" hadn't been there she could've blown the whole city, even after being kissed the missiles didn't disappear.
Oct 14, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 2011
Loved those two scenes when the atmosphere became really strange along with some really striking visual.
Oct 14, 2013 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
'DEM NURSE'S THIGHS!!!

I didn't expect there would be so much fan service judging from last week's episode (not that I complain). The action is a bit lacking and I wish they introduced the characters more clearly.
Oct 14, 2013 11:31 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Another fun episode, I love how we get to see why happened at the office and then what happened with the ones that went to school :) Hime sure had a huge appetite, ordering three bowls. Kotoha and her powerspeak is awesome and the fight scene was fun to watch. I also wasn't expecting that kiss that Ao gave o_o hm I'm probably going to read the manga soon.
Oct 14, 2013 12:08 PM
Jul 2013
Loving this anime so far! The art style and execution is just so cute and enjoyable!

Yuri actions... dayum...

Also, also, a question for manga readers, if you don't mind answering them!

Thanks in advance!
Oct 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Dec 2007
Xinception said:
Loving this anime so far! The art style and execution is just so cute and enjoyable!

Yuri actions... dayum...

Thanks in advance!

That is her in the OP pic. The four characters are all of the half-youkai and youkai hunters introduced up to this point. The guy in the front was an antagonist in an earlier arc that has never been properly adapted. A facsimile of him was in the original Yozakura Quartet tv series as a direct underling of Enjin, but they completely changed his allegiance, personality, and motivation.

As for the ep, I'm not too keen on the fanservice, which was something the manga largely eschewed, as well as the original tv series. It's not unwatchable, just off-putting.
It does look like they're going to run at least one or two more anime-only episodes to give some modicum of introduction to the main cast before delving into the actual arc though, which is probably a good thing.
ErwinJAOct 14, 2013 12:28 PM
Oct 14, 2013 12:41 PM
Jul 2013
ErwinJA said:
Xinception said:

Yuri actions... dayum...

Thanks in advance!

That is her in the OP pic. The four characters are all of the half-youkai and youkai hunters introduced up to this point. The guy in the front was an antagonist in an earlier arc that has never been properly adapted. A facsimile of him was in the original Yozakura Quartet tv series as a direct underling of Enjin, but they completely changed his allegiance, personality, and motivation.

As for the ep, I'm not too keen on the fanservice, which was something the manga largely eschewed, as well as the original tv series. It's not unwatchable, just off-putting.
It does look like they're going to run at least one or two more anime-only episodes to give some modicum of introduction to the main cast before delving into the actual arc though, which is probably a good thing.
ErwinJA said:
Xinception said:

Yuri actions... dayum...

Thanks in advance!

So

Hoping that this series will follow the manga canon.
Oct 14, 2013 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
it looks like they are doing the thorny path arc
i recognize the scenes for the pv of the 3rd episode from the manga that also explains why everyone does not know that hime is
and why zakuro has not shown up. this is the first story arc of the manga
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 14, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
Lily is making her move!!! So she plans to use Kotoha then?
Oct 14, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2010
I really love the animations and the char.design, they are just superb.
Also, I'm addicted to the OP&ED.

Next episode looks like Akina will fight for real.
Oct 14, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 2012
mugimugi said:
Okay, but why is this tagged as shounen when the majority of characters is young girls?

because shounen is the demographic, and this definitely doesnt fit in with the shoujo demographic.

But anyway, as i thought, this covered the fight between Hime and Kotoha, with some extra's, and it seems that the next episode will be completely out of filler(except for the dance scene)(meaning it'll be the Making Progress arc condensed, like i thought it would be(check ep 1 discussion for my predictions))
Oct 14, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2010
mugimugi said:
Okay, but why is this tagged as shounen when the majority of characters is young girls?
death notes is shounen, nanoha movies are seinen just go with it lol

Oct 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
that ending and opening... <3
OSOI!
Oct 14, 2013 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
All the characters have unique and funny personalities. Didn't expect Ao to kiss Kotoha to snap here out of it.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 14, 2013 8:49 PM
Apr 2013
And thus did Yuri save the town!

And I don't know why, but I just love it when Ao is balancing something on her head. It's so adorable.
Oct 14, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2007
Xinception said:
So

Hoping that this series will follow the manga canon.

So far, it has only kind of, similar to the first series. However, they seem to be trying to do an exposition of the characters instead of jumping right into one of my favorite arcs, and if the Hoshi no Umi OVA is any indication, will likely follow the actual arc quite well. As noted, there is indication that they'll be bringing in elements from previous arcs, but likely with anime-original twists like what we've seen thus far.
Oct 14, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2013
nice animation, nice ed song 5/5
Oct 14, 2013 11:42 PM
Mar 2012
mugimugi said:

Shounen simply refers to the target demographic. Not the necessarily the content.
It's being printed in a shounen magazine (Monthly Shōnen Sirius). Therefore respecting the main criteria for a series to be considered a shounen.
Oct 15, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
The first 2/3rds was pretty boring.
But, that fight scene had some great animation. And another kiss scene.
Oct 15, 2013 3:08 AM

Mar 2013
I really love this anime already, and I thought this episode was way better than the first one. It's quirky and fun and more than a little ridiculous and all the pervertedness calls to me on a spiritual level.

Is the manga even worth a read? I'm not too eager about reading mangas, especially long ones, unless they're good enough to warrant the amount of effort I always seem to have to put into getting through them.
Oct 15, 2013 8:58 AM
Mar 2012
No interesting plot, no interesting characters, just a sequel of panty shots, boob socks and supposedly "cute" girls.
Dropped.
Oct 15, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
Episode not much happened, but showed some characteristics of the characters, more like a secondary presentation. Highlight for perfect soundtrack and animation that uses a color palette and nice, and the character design reminiscent of the first anime.

I expect a little more action and mystery in the next episode, this climate of slice of life I do not like so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 15, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
So Ao's older brother is the apparent antagonist from episode 1.

It also looks like Yae, being a kami, isn't allowed to intervene in the way she did because she risks breaking the balance of the world, that would mean that she won't be able to save the girls next time.

Kotoha's power is dangerous, and hopefully those flashes of her past will be expanded upon.

And Akina's hair length plays a role at some point apparently.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 16, 2013 3:24 AM

Aug 2012
Dat kiss.

Love the atmosphere, art, everything.
Oct 16, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2011
I have absolutely no idea what's going on
Oct 17, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
Paying close attention to the address shown in the anime, I tried to see if the location of the anime is indeed set in the real Sakurashinmachi, which is close to a place where I used to live in Tokyo, and voila indeed the address and scenery matches !! The place where Ao etc have their office is shown to be a small park at Sakurashinmachi 2-6 and indeed in real world there is a small park which looks exactly the same as the one shown in the anime, and across the park there is also a car park, just like in the anime! http://goo.gl/maps/Rs7S2 In fact the exit of the metro, where the eyeglasses girl tried to ride on a skateboard, looks also the same as I remember.

I now just feel so much closer to this anime...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 18, 2013 4:55 AM

Nov 2012
awesome awesome awesome..
that power in the end :3
damn it is gonna be awesome.. :3 I wonder why people not really like it :3
Oct 18, 2013 9:22 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, this shit is random.
Pretty funny at times but what's up with the boobs?
I mean... inflatable boobs?!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 18, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
I feel like this anime is leaving out a lot of important details from the original source material. It just feels like a big chunk is lacking right now - lack of character backstories, lack of a premise, lack of a main purpose. :|

Definitely has a similar feel to another crazy show this season (Kyousougiga) but the execution is failing for me. Way too much random panty/boob shots and groping going on for me to respect this show. Also, lack of direction. I feel lost and clueless on what this show is trying to achieve.

ElenirLachlagos said:
No interesting plot, no interesting characters, just a sequel of panty shots, boob socks and supposedly "cute" girls.
Dropped.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not dropping it just yet. Maybe one or two more episodes and then I'll decide.
Oct 27, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, I like how the episode was done.
It's really crazy, but in a cool way. I like all of the characters ^^

Oct 29, 2013 3:33 AM

Jul 2012
Yes yes yes im gonna enjoy this anime.
Oct 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2008
I really like the fight scenes, and even though the animation does use weird form of CG, it doesn't bother me since it does blend in quite nicely. OST and the SFX are really neat too. However, I really have no idea whats going on, especially character relationships.

Do Ao and Kotoha have thing or something?
Nov 1, 2013 9:10 PM
Aug 2011
Did this series always have that much boob groping and panty shots?

Serious question as I only watched the 3 OVA before this and it didn't rely on any of that.
Nov 5, 2013 5:16 AM

Dec 2008
Paul said:

well yeah, it's made pretty blatant in this episode that ao and kotoha are dating.

i'm confused as all hell as to why people were saying they were "surprised" by the kiss or that it "came out of nowhere" considering the beginning of the episode made it entirely clear they're girlfriends but lol.
Nov 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Jan 2008
lynbee said:
Paul said:

well yeah, it's made pretty blatant in this episode that ao and kotoha are dating.

i'm confused as all hell as to why people were saying they were "surprised" by the kiss or that it "came out of nowhere" considering the beginning of the episode made it entirely clear they're girlfriends but lol.

Did it? Must of missed or or not paying attention, unless your talking about the 'Don't cheat on me' part? Which I had though it was a joke.

Regardless, I read the manga and Kotoha pretty much states, "I like girls.", or maybe it was "I only like girls." one of the two. So I got my answer.

As for the kiss, I didn't see a problem with it. In fact, I cheer them on. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2013

59 by deg »»
Mar 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.