Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
I jotted some thoughts as I watched

Relaxing mood to start us off with nice music and scenery
Ren-chon is so cute
City girl moves into small country town
Ahaha that part where it got all intense with her pet tanuki, Gu. Had a good laugh on that scene.
I really like that relaxing atmosphere, I think I'm going to enjoy this series very much.
XeralliteOct 7, 2013 9:29 PM
Oct 7, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2012
Wow. This could be a rival not for just Kiniro Mosaic, but maybe even Tamayura in the conversation for best slice of life anime of 2013.
Oct 7, 2013 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
So calm and the characters are adorable. The scenery is GORGEOUS.
wow gay
Oct 7, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2007
That song at 10:10 into the episode, sooo cute XD
Oct 7, 2013 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
Seems like a good little slice of life.

Oct 7, 2013 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
everything was perfect i felt like i could sleep at some points in a good way because the ost was so relaxing, the art on those backgrounds was perfects ,the girls are perfect (ren the most),cute and funny ,buuut it was so slow guess it was a good choice for a calm town
Oct 7, 2013 9:31 PM

Oct 2012
For a preview of Episode #2 (Mon Oct 14th), you can see five still images here:
http://nonnontv.com/story/s02.html
Just below the still images, there is a three-line summary of the episode in
Japanese.

Besides that, here is something else that could definitely be a major spoiler!
okanaganOct 7, 2013 9:57 PM
Oct 7, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, colour me surprised. I enjoyed that way more than I was expecting to. It has a generic premise, sure, but it has all of the makings of a wonderful slice of life.

It has reasonably realistic characters (no obnoxious "moe" traits), dialogue that feels more natural/genuine and less forced, pacing that is slow enough as to allow for moments of reflection, but not so slow as to bore, and a soothing OST.

Well done, Non Non Biyori.
JoshOct 7, 2013 10:19 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 7, 2013 10:04 PM

Aug 2012
Good stuff. It's unsettling that the setting is like a cross between Hinamizawa and Sotoba, but this was very amusing.

Psychedelic name!
Oct 7, 2013 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
vampko said:
Show of the season!

Man....that was cuteness personified! Lots of hilarious moments too xD

I'm gonna really enjoy this one!

Why am I not surprised to see you here? xD
Oct 7, 2013 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
I am a fan of the manga and this anime is better than I expected so I am happy.

But I am even more pleasantly surprised by how many fans in Japan are saying that "this is the countryside I knew!" "this is the countryside I have been longing for" or "this is the place where I grew up!". If this is generic, it is generic that resonates with people. And this is what a very well made SoL should be like, something where you can see love and care from the staff in every aspects, from the visual, to the music, and of course character designs.

By the way, for anyone who wonders, the setting is based on the countryside in Okayama prefecture in western Japan. Fans in Japan are quick to spot things like this.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 7, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2012
NANO.RIPE!!!!

Haha, got too excited and put that before I even watched the whole episode. Anyway, not your average school series, since things are much more serene. Also not your average because the characters are of different ages, yet they are all good friends. It would be nice, though, to see their interaction with the community in that country (by community, I just mean anyone besides themselves, probably adults). Anyway, I wasn't expecting anything from the genre tags- comedy, slice-of-life, school, but I think it's going to be pretty enjoyable and relaxing to watch ( ^ ^ )

, and oh.my.god, Hotaru is so cute ><
that brother, though, lol, what to say about him? xD
Yasu-kunOct 7, 2013 10:51 PM

Oct 7, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
That was surprisingly entertaining considering the fact that nothing really happened. The artwork sure is nice, significantly better than strike the blood which is by the same studio. Sure looks like a pleasant little addition to the season.
Oct 7, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2010
ah this seems like a great anime to relax too. really enjoyed the first ep.

5/5
Oct 8, 2013 12:32 AM

Nov 2010
Oh, nice ... l see you guys have 4 pages comments. and here i thought this would be like Tamayura and no one really watches this anime :D
I loved the whole anime. the silence between the scenes were amazing. they were just standing there and a car just passed by and they just still stand there. l laughed at that part.
Definitely one of my top anime to watch this season.
Oct 8, 2013 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
wow.
absolutely great. was going to watch this before work, good thing i didnt, just the thing i needed after a long days work to unwind,

this show really gives me a strong 'my neighbor totoro x tamayura' vibe.
thats a very good thing, thank god crunchyroll picked this up, to think that no one was going to sub this.
next week cant come soon enough
Oct 8, 2013 2:54 AM
Jul 2013
This is my surprise anime of the season! It's so relaxing and cute!

Hope this does well enough to warrant a second season! This is one of those SoL anime that is worth taking a shot at!

Hoping that some English Publisher decides to take this in, I'd order all the volumes and read it.
Oct 8, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
That was outside my expectation
It was a really relaxing episode, with calming music and great sceneries
Oct 8, 2013 4:00 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. That was great! I love the idyllic atmosphere. This shall be my healing anime for the Fall season.

I lol'd hard at the end, btw. "I knew it!"
Oct 8, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2013
looks good 4/5
Oct 8, 2013 4:23 AM
Feb 2013
The start of the anime was alright but the sceneries is sooooo pretty. I found myself taking screen shots whilst the anime was playing.
Oct 8, 2013 4:35 AM

Jun 2013
this looks pretty normal i guess lolis everywhere
Oct 8, 2013 4:55 AM

May 2012
02:13 dat purposely-done-badly track

03:00 lol

07:23 dat sensei with the −_− eyes

14:14 LOOOOOOL

22:19 "Konkai wa koko made." Hai hai wakatta yo

Nice direction. Hotarun = Justice. Nice preview format.
7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 8, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2012
The reviews so far by Anime News Network are not enthusiatic:

Theron Martin -- 2 / 5
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2013/the-fall-anime/theron
Bamboo Dong -- 3 / 5
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2013/the-fall-anime/bamboo

- - - - - - -

After watching carefully, I spotted a mistake:
okanaganOct 8, 2013 5:22 AM
Oct 8, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
okanagan said:

Theron Martin -- 2 / 5
Bamboo Dong -- 2.5 / 5

Apart from the fact that one of them fails at correctly formatting (it's actually the Gundam anime that got 2.5, NNB got a whopping 3) and the other fumbles up the names, I fail to see how the opinion of two random people is more worthy than the opinion of other people, including mine. Just saying
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 8, 2013 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
Wordsmith, thank you. Error fixed. 3/5 not 2.5/5 by Bamboo Dong.
Oct 8, 2013 5:26 AM

Oct 2009
Very nice start, I really like slow paced anime, it's like watching Tamayura ^^

5/5
Oct 8, 2013 6:20 AM

Jun 2011
Nice episode, great SoL. Lol at the end, busted!

I don't like the flute play at the beginning, it's pace doesn't match with the BGM, sometimes it's slower, sometimes it's faster, it ruined the pace. I also don't like the voice they used to sing the OP song and the ED song, the musics alone are great.

There are too many pauses moments there, but not that I mind.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2008
How is that a seinen. I'm not even sure what kinda audience they are targeting with that. Nah, not hopping on.
Oct 8, 2013 7:26 AM
Oct 2013
is it just me or that intro sounds like The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
Oct 8, 2013 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
aw this was a sweet first episode. really relaxing, and i really like ren-chon so far C:
poor 5th student though, can't even hang out with the girls and then even falls into the hole lol
Oct 8, 2013 8:08 AM

May 2010
Kinda boring but I will watch a bit more
Oct 8, 2013 8:30 AM

Oct 2012
lordvcad said:
Is it just me or does that intro sound like The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin?

Yeah, a bit. Let's hope Led Zeppelin doesn't sue them.
Oct 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Aug 2012
I can't help but think about Chihiro whenever I hear Kana Asumi's voice.
.................................................................................
Oct 8, 2013 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
Welil said:
How is that a seinen. I'm not even sure what kinda audience they are targeting with that. Nah, not hopping on.

Well, it's MUCH too slow paced to be a shounen... kids of that age can't sit still and enjoy something of this nature, it's geared to a more mature audience. Hence, seinen.

Oct 2012
eeeh the girls are too fragile, makes me wanna smack them

^ Why isn't this updating...

Sep 2012
okanagan said:

Theron Martin -- 2 / 5
Bamboo Dong -- 3 / 5
That's the MAIN PROBLEM with ANN. They have an allergy against Slice-of-Life show that has no drama in it and anything that smacks of moe. The problem is all the graver as too many people go there to find out about what they should watch and could get influenced by their biased view.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 8, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
okanagan said:

Theron Martin -- 2 / 5
Bamboo Dong -- 3 / 5
That's the MAIN PROBLEM with ANN. They have an allergy against Slice-of-Life show that has no drama in it and anything that smacks of moe. The problem is all the graver as too many people go there to find out about what they should watch and could get influenced by their biased view.

I wouldn't care too much about reviews anyway. You have to see something in order to be able to actually build your own opinion about it. There were some shows on MAL with pretty low ratings which I enjoyed quite a lot (Such as Hidan no Aria, Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi or Yumekui Merry (All ~ 7,15)) and there were a lot which I didn't like at all with a much higher score (Shingeki no Kyojin, Lucky Star, Sora no Otoshimono).
.................................................................................
Oct 8, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
It made me feel calm and relaxed, I really need that.
I love the cherry blossom scene. And I knew it was the country as well!
Oct 8, 2013 11:06 AM

Nov 2012
Instead of making me calm it just made me impatient, don't have time for this atm, unfortunately dropped. Although props to the OP, ED impressed. Nano.ripe <3

Oct 8, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
Romedbaumann said:

I wouldn't care too much about reviews anyway. You have to see something in order to be able to actually build your own opinion about it. There were some shows on MAL with pretty low ratings which I enjoyed quite a lot (Such as Hidan no Aria, Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi or Yumekui Merry (All ~ 7,15)) and there were a lot which I didn't like at all with a much higher score (Shingeki no Kyojin, Lucky Star, Sora no Otoshimono).

Basically this. I usually go only with the cover picture + discription. Sometimes the picspam on sancom for certain series brings them to me. Or the good old recommendation from people who I know share my interests.

EDIT: Also, I will now watch the episodes for this anime before going to bed, to get the MAX soothing effect. (Did the same with Tamayura and it worked well^^)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 8, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
Symbv said:
ANN ... have an allergy against Slice-of-Life show that has no drama in it
and anything that smacks of moe.

It seems that you are correct !

"Comedies about idling schoolgirls are the cockroaches of anime --
brilliantly simple pests superbly adapted to thrive and reproduce in
their chosen environment ... syrupy sweetness ... moe eccentricity."

Carl Kimlinger
Anime News Network

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2013/the-fall-anime/carl
Oct 8, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
Nice and peaceful.
Best way to describe this episode and probably this anime, been reading some of the manga which was nice.
Just wonder how the rest of this anime will turn out.
Oct 8, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
Cute Characters + Good Comedy + Nano Ripe = WIN!

I'm glad other people are liking this.
Oct 8, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2013
RediceRyan said:
Weirdest thing is, THERES A BOY IN THE CLASS, who is completely ignored and segregated. No one mentions him, no one hangs out with him, we don't see his face. He falls through the floor in a joke. Just something weird about that. He is the only boy in the whole town.

Something will come of it. He has the perfect chance to have a harem.

I do not think they are ignoring him, remember he is a 3rd year so he probably regards the girls as kids, he probably thinks of himself as an adult that either will start working on a farm next year or will have to travel somewhere else to attend high school.

As for the harem, I think at that age you dream about older girls (as far as I can remember lolicons are college students or older).
Oct 8, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
eldest said:
wow.
absolutely great. was going to watch this before work, good thing i didnt, just the thing i needed after a long days work to unwind,

this show really gives me a strong 'my neighbor totoro x tamayura' vibe.
thats a very good thing, thank god crunchyroll picked this up, to think that no one was going to sub this.
next week cant come soon enough

Heh, I also downloaded this early in the morning but waited till evening once I get home :)

Also reminded me of a "Tamayura with rural setting", maybe I'll wait till the end of the season to start rewatching Aria.

The soundtrack was pleasantly surprising.
Oct 8, 2013 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
I've fallen in love with this series already.

Anime of the season right here.

(edit: at least of the eleven ones I've seen so far)
kuuderes_shadowOct 8, 2013 1:52 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 8, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
okanagan said:
Symbv said:
ANN ... have an allergy against Slice-of-Life show that has no drama in it
and anything that smacks of moe.

It seems that you are correct !

"Comedies about idling schoolgirls are the cockroaches of anime --
brilliantly simple pests superbly adapted to thrive and reproduce in
their chosen environment ... syrupy sweetness ... moe eccentricity."

Carl Kimlinger
Anime News Network

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2013/the-fall-anime/carl

ANN writers and reviews are terrible anyway. I mean who votes down Kill la Kill just because it references Nazis? They can't review properly at all.

I like this show. A lot. I need another healing show of the season, and this seems perfect fit; the lovely aura, slow pacing, chill atmosphere and laid-back story. It achieves what it wants and knows what it is; nothing more. I'll continue this for my daily healing.
Oct 8, 2013 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
This anime reminded me a bit of Tamayura. I like SoL, relaxing shows so I decided to give this a try and I like it, I'm looking forward to the next episode :)
It has a beautiful scenario (I loved the first two minutes), it's countryside, healing and charming, when I ended watching the ep I felt sorry for the boy but in general I felt calm.
And it has nano.RIPE ^^
P.S: I'm still learning english.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Oct 8, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, this was really nice. I even laughed out loud a few times. Watching shows because of nano.RIPE proves once again to be a fantastic method for picking out what anime to watch this season.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

119 by skatensleep »»
Dec 19, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.