Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 7, 2013 7:05 AM
Feb 2013
smilewolfy said:
epic_joelle said:

her voice is fine, but she talks too slow sometimes that she seems like a child, eg episode 16 when she tries cheering Haruka up q.q though in this episode she seemed a lot more normal :3

I like her voice but when she's constantly talking, it does get very annoying. If you can listen to her long Penguin-san story without grimacing once then you deserve a medal.

Mod Edit: large quote chain should be in spoiler tag.
ThangLongOct 10, 2013 7:18 AM
Oct 7, 2013 7:13 AM
Jun 2013
badgerkins said:
smilewolfy said:

I like her voice but when she's constantly talking, it does get very annoying. If you can listen to her long Penguin-san story without grimacing once then you deserve a medal.

The worst is still when she got the famous Penguin-san as a weapon in a battle when you play the VN. So horrible...

ThangLongOct 10, 2013 7:19 AM
Oct 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2012
badgerkins said:
smilewolfy said:

lol I would gladly accept that medal...however, I found her stories quite boring and CTRL'd right through them in the VN

ThangLongOct 10, 2013 7:19 AM
Oct 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
smilewolfy said:
badgerkins said:

lol I would gladly accept that medal...however, I found her stories quite boring and CTRL'd right through them in the VN

Lol... I sat through her whole route without turning off her voice off or skipping (aside from the battle ranking, which I skip almost everyone lol). Do I get a medal?

ThangLongOct 10, 2013 7:20 AM
Oct 7, 2013 8:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kuroikishi said:
smilewolfy said:

Lol... I sat through her whole route without turning off her voice off or skipping (aside from the battle ranking, which I skip almost everyone lol). Do I get a medal?

I think most people managed to read all of it I'm afraid

I don't really have a problem with her voice but I think I understand why some people do

ThangLongOct 10, 2013 7:21 AM
Oct 7, 2013 8:19 AM

Jan 2009
I couldn't help hear that Mio is back to her original seiyuu. (Kawaragi Shiho.)

I personally preferred Tatsumi Yuiko to be honest. :<
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Oct 7, 2013 8:43 AM
Feb 2013
HOLY CRAZY SHIT. This episode just blew up the whole 1st series.
That animation was impressive.
This arc seems awesome and the whole mood is way better.

Onna wa kowai desu yo.
Oct 7, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
Holy hell, that was great. By seeing that it's Kurugaya's arc, I have that sudden urge of playing the game and doing her arc before continuing the anime (was planning to). Okay then, I'll go for it like... right now.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this season. Everything was better, or almost everything. I prefered the OP and ED of last season though.
Oct 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Oct 2011
egnaro315 said:
yep when Riki chased after suginami

Oh i was referring to when the game played lamplight, right after Anego rages. In the anime it was silent but i just opened up the game and played Lamplight from there to make it seem more dramatic. I know that the silentness is dramatic too but faiithful to the original! But seriously though, that slow curve just did not fit at all!!!
Oct 7, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
They must've worked some magic on the eyes, because they look amazing compared to last season.

Here's hoping it doesn't combust like last season...
Oct 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2011
Acxelion said:
I really love the anime. And it makes me want to pay the visual novel. But I CAN'T TAKE JAPANESE! Or I have to take an extra year of language.

Its nice to see the anime back. I'm definitely going to enjoy it. And the animation was really good this episode. DOOR-KUN!!!!! Good job showing an example.

You can do it, just get the translated english version and slowly learn it by remember what means what as u read the english and replay the japanese lines, like the button u press to make them speak their line again, then move onto learning hiragana and katakana in liek a day or 2, and attempt EX.
Oct 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Okay. Let me fill the gap. If EX routes aren't canon, therefore they aren't written by any of the Key staffs but no. Plus, they're connected and continuation to the main storyline, hence sequel(At least Kanata's and Sasami's routes).

Did you ever played the EX routes before spouting shit? They're canon because they're written by the Key writers and they're interconnected to the main story whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Plus, H-scenes are totally irrelevant and THAT'S THE ONE YOU SHOULD SUPPOSE TO SAY THAT THEY'RE EXTRAS BECAUSE H-SCENES DOESN'T AFFECT TO THE DAMN STORY.

If you want to know more about the definition of the canon: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=580231&redirect=1#post20

Who writes something has nothing to do with canonicity. A staff member of Key could write something just for fun, doesn't mean it's canon. LB EX is full of extras. What matters is does it fit with the main storyline, and it doesn't. Just look at Saya's route.

If the routes were truly canon, they could and would have been worked into the main storyline. You wouldn't be asked upon starting the VN "Do you know the secret of the world?" They are mere extras. Maybe in their own universes they happened and are canon there, but with the main storyline of the novel and anime it simply isn't true. If it was then at at the very least they could've had Futaki and Sasami's routes in Refrain if they wanted (as far as I know).

This is just like people wondering if Kurugaya's true end is canon. It takes place after Refrain. It isn't canon, they just gave an extra for you to unlock for fun. It's an extra. The main story is what happens in Refrain, where

Mod Edit: remove provocative words.
ThangLongOct 9, 2013 2:25 PM
Oct 7, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
KeyIsLove said:
A staff member of Key could write something just for fun, doesn't mean it's canon.

Therefore they should create a fandisc like Rewrite has HF and that concludes it isn't canon in any sense. But no, they're in the main game.

KeyIsLove said:

If the routes were truly canon, they could and would have been worked into the main storyline.

*sigh*

"Canon" isn't only inside the main storyline but also the continuation/sequels. Kanata's and Sasami's routes are continuation on the main story and they have "Secret of the world" involve so they're technically worked to the main storyline(Even Saya's route). They're interconnected on the main storyline.

KeyIsLove said:
If it was then at at the very least they could've had Futaki and Sasami's routes in Refrain if they wanted (as far as I know).

"As far as I know", he says.

You're wrong. Like I said, those two are SEQUELS. They take place after Refrain. And like I said once again, even sequels are canon because they're involve to the main story.

You don't have a slightest knowledge about the EX routes so don't jump to your own conclusio- oh wait, I mean assumption.

KeyIsLove said:
You wouldn't be asked upon starting the VN "Do you know the secret of the world?"

Obviously that because for those who already get 1st version of LB. Do you even know the purpose of that question?

The reason why the players gave that question when you get EX/ME/PE version is because:

1. Sasami's and Kanata's routes are sequels, that question is equivalent to "Did you finish the Refrain?".

2. The 3 EX routes contain the "Secret of the world" so self-explanatory. If you don't know, then you'll most likely mindfucked on the 3 EX routes when the "Secret of the world" is triggered on their plot.

KeyIsLove said:
This is just like people wondering if Kurugaya's true end is canon. It takes place after Refrain. It isn't canon, they just gave an extra for you to unlock for fun. It's an extra. The main story is what happens in Refrain, where

Riki and Rin get together.

Heh. If you conclude you need to replay Kurugaya's route once again so you can reach the "extra" part in the end, by your logic, then you should replay Refrain once again to reach the "extra" part where Riki and Rin get together.

Then you should throwing stop assumptions that you don't have even any slightest idea of a definition of a "canon".

Let me remind you that "canon" is not only revolves around the very main story but also the continuations to the main story(I.E Sasami's and Kanata's).

Have you even read the link about the general definition of a canon?

Mod Edit: remove provocative words
ThangLongOct 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 7, 2013 8:41 PM
Aug 2013
Thanks for all the spoils bro-cookies. -_- Awesome first episode. Just started but can already tell there will be tons-o-feels. Never cried from an anime yet, but gonna sit with a box of tissues for this season, just in case. XD
Oct 7, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
egnaro315 said:
Still better than bench-kun's death. At least door-kun had his time to shine in season 1.

o man i COMPLETLY forgot about that, thx for the reminder, that was hilarious (your comment as well)

xMaebaraK1x said:
http://i.imgur.com/DBjFKqf.jpg
Kengo looks so badass in this

he looks like harem protag we've always wanted
but we don't deserve
zakkun89 said:
What's with you people and Kengo's badass while we have a bucket full of Kurugaya's !?
http://i.imgur.com/4WUK0es.gif

angry kurugaya is angry

Oct 7, 2013 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
supermegasonic said:
egnaro315 said:
Still better than bench-kun's death. At least door-kun had his time to shine in season 1.

o man i COMPLETLY forgot about that, thx for the reminder, that was hilarious (your comment as well)

xMaebaraK1x said:
http://i.imgur.com/DBjFKqf.jpg
Kengo looks so badass in this

he looks like harem protag we've always wanted
but we don't deserve
zakkun89 said:
What's with you people and Kengo's badass while we have a bucket full of Kurugaya's !?
http://i.imgur.com/4WUK0es.gif

angry kurugaya is angry
Im glad JC Staff were the ones who animated the bitches' faces up there
Oct 7, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2012
epic_joelle said:
Im glad JC Staff were the ones who animated the bitches' faces up there

Seriously, these facial expressions are too damn good. KyoAni's animation might be better, but I doubt they would've done the faces like what we've gotten from JC Staff. JC's experience is showing with their better staff, now.
Oct 7, 2013 10:41 PM

Oct 2011
You both have your own opinions on the topic. One of you may be wrong, one of you may be right. Or both wrong. But that does not matter. Take it else where, or better yet. Stop all together and lets all get along. BE FRIENDS!~ BE LIKE RIKI AND MASATO. KINIKU YAY YAY KINIKU YAY YAY. MUSCLE SENSATION GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS ALL DANCE TO MUSCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
holy shit.. so fucking awesome :3
hmm started from kurugaya route :3
damn already get 10 from me..
I really wonder what happen with kyousuke in the beginning :/
Oct 8, 2013 4:43 AM

Dec 2011
Narcolepsy again, eh?
I seem to remember it happening after... that... before as well.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 8, 2013 6:50 AM

Oct 2011
I started tearing up when the Op song played. T___T.

I love pancakes

OMG Kurugaya's route!!!

Kurugaya being bullied : 0. She was able to solve the issue. But whoa Riki was here before? Narcolepsy hits again TwT
Oct 8, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
Finally its back! Loved the OP and ED, there were so beautiful that i shed tears. Love the start of them just having fun together and the ost really bought back the nostalgia feelings.

The latter part had Kurugaya being super badass and that was awesome, serves those bitches right. I love the part where Kurugaya and Riki were just running together as well.
Oct 8, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
I facepalmed a few times but I was still pretty funny.
MOAR PLOT! Or... something like that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 8, 2013 3:02 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Expectations are pretty high for this considering all the good things I've heard. Its the first episode and we already have death threats. Seems like this is already getting serious :P. Anyway, it was a solid first episode. Kurugaya is a badass!
Oct 8, 2013 8:29 PM

Dec 2011
only tuff kidz eer

anyways, i still haven't watched the first episode, think ill wait for the Japanese release so i can bask in all the blu-ray/high def goodness
The_StewardOct 8, 2013 8:35 PM
Oct 8, 2013 9:56 PM
Sep 2013
ExakaTeddy said:
I noticed that in the ED song, in front of Kyousuke there is a stick looking object. At first I thought that it was some sort of baseball bat, but when i looked at it again, Kyousuke's hands/arms look as if they are by his side. Does anyone have any ideas as to what that is?

egnaro315 said:
ExakaTeddy said:
I noticed that in the ED song, in front of Kyousuke there is a stick looking object. At first I thought that it was some sort of baseball bat, but when i looked at it again, Kyousuke's hands/arms look as if they are by his side. Does anyone have any ideas as to what that is?

I'm pretty sure its a baseball bat

No. It's a cylinder contains Kyousuke's graduate certificate. Japanese way.
Oct 8, 2013 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
If everyone had a Komari voice I'd punch them in the face. Slow and steady voices irritate the hell outta me so I'd be willing to punch the rainbow happiness spiral of joy outta Komari XD
Oct 8, 2013 11:12 PM
Jun 2013
I'm starting to feel veeeeeery guilty for what I said, viewing where the conversation is going... '-'

But can't remember reading something about a deeper relation between Komari and Rin, is it for real ? If so, guess it's not a bad thing, 'cause it can adds to the feels later.
Oct 8, 2013 11:25 PM

Feb 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
I'm starting to feel veeeeeery guilty for what I said, viewing where the conversation is going... '-'

But can't remember reading something about a deeper relation between Komari and Rin, is it for real ? If so, guess it's not a bad thing, 'cause it can adds to the feels later.

Pretty sure they did say that, but I agree, it would be nice. They did add that extra CG in PE as well.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 9, 2013 8:19 AM

Sep 2011
The thing is, if Refrain season is seriously 26 episodes, that is equivalent to "We're going to adapt everything what's on the game". Meaning, they will adapt Kengo's and Masato's perspectives during their Episodes.

Oct 9, 2013 9:34 AM

Jan 2011
I have nothing to say as pretty much all my thoughts and feelings towards this episode has been mentioned by many users here. J.C Staff did an outstanding job with this episode, gives a very strong promising impression. And I'm an anime-only watcher here and have been watching since LB! was airing, stuck with the show and the reward for Refrain! is worth it.

Heh remember those nay-sayers about J.C Staff? I never lost faith in them from the beginning and gave them a chance, even though they did a 'below-standard' effort in the first season.
Oct 9, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Thread Cleaned:

Fixed quote chains, edited out provocations, removed personal arguments, removed off-topic posts. Please refrain from engaging in personal disputes in the main board, as well as derailing the thread with off-topic comments. Profile page should be used for further personal discussion. Insulting other users will lead to unfavorable action from the administration.
Oct 9, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
Riki still can't read a clock in the second season.

Kurugaya is always good.

Every other girl still annoys me besides Rin and Kurugaya.
Oct 10, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
How it can be so light hearted then turn into such a serious drama is one of things I really love Litter Busters.

Really dragged me and honestly can't wait for the next episode gonna be one of those shows i'll just be waiting for all week to be released xD
Oct 10, 2013 7:42 AM

May 2012
Snax-chan said:
Riki still can't read a clock in the second season.

Kurugaya is always good.

Every other girl still annoys me besides Rin and Kurugaya.

Kurugaya has always been best girl but really Rin? I could never forgive that bitch ever since Rin2... What she did to Riki is a CHEAAAAAAAAAAAP TRICK!

This is what I imagine all little busters anime fan only to be like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYUZeU9wcA skip to 7:00 be entertained about door kun
planetarianOct 10, 2013 7:51 AM
Oct 10, 2013 8:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
planetarian said:

This is what I imagine all little busters anime fan only to be like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYUZeU9wcA skip to 7:00 be entertained about door kun

that guy scares the fuck out of me x.x
Oct 10, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
I'm aroused, Kurugaya is suteki ^^.

R.I.P Door, you were a noble sacrifice.
Oct 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Jun 2012
I don't get it. What problem does everyone have with Komari's voice? I've always thought it was fine...
Oct 10, 2013 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
KeyIsLove said:
I don't get it. What problem does everyone have with Komari's voice? I've always thought it was fine...

Everyone has different tastes. I have no problems with it either, but I understand why some people do.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 11, 2013 5:20 AM

May 2010
It is back and somehow, it is already giving me Clannad feels.

Is it just me or Kengo is totally OOC ever since he hit his head, I mean wasn't he supposed to be a cool and calm guy? kinda disappointing how he is behaving like Masato :/

Anyways, that animation is so lively!Kurugaya is badass with that kick! Masato and Kengo covering for Kuruguya was so heartwarming and loved how they didn't made a big deal out of it, it was simple and sublte with all those winks and them running away; just perfect. 9/10!
Oct 11, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2010
TragicRomance said:
It is back and somehow, it is already giving me Clannad feels.

Is it just me or Kengo is totally OOC ever since he hit his head, I mean wasn't he supposed to be a cool and calm guy? kinda disappointing how he is behaving like Masato :/

Anyways, that animation is so lively!Kurugaya is badass with that kick! Masato and Kengo covering for Kuruguya was so heartwarming and loved how they didn't made a big deal out of it, it was simple and sublte with all those winks and them running away; just perfect. 9/10!

About Kengo, yes, the characters also noticed that. However as per everything that you have seen up till now... including those that you didn't realize, (almost) everything has a reason :)
Oct 12, 2013 3:02 AM

Aug 2011
Kurugaya is breathtaking! Rest in peace Door-kun TT (DAT OP)
Oct 13, 2013 8:09 PM

May 2012
The show I've been waiting for is back!.
You don't mess Kurugaya, she's to cool and hot. This episode was a decent start to the season. Can't wait for more.
Oct 16, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
I was a bit hesitant with watching this episode the main reason for that was that i found the first season mediocre and lacking a but.
Not in story but mostly in content mainly the emotional scenes which in my opinion where not emotional, i always blamed the director for that and was waiting till the director would be added here on MAL for this season.
Which didn't happen yet, as for is this episode went it did give a different feeling that last season so i presume it's a different director i just hope it is.

This episode felled more emotional then anything of the first season, as in the emotions where brought out better.
I also liked the style a bit more compared to first season, also noticed some differences in art style but i could be wrong about that.
And it looks like the wont make the same mistakes they did in first season.
Oct 16, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2011
Aversa said:
I was a bit hesitant with watching this episode the main reason for that was that i found the first season mediocre and lacking a but.
Not in story but mostly in content mainly the emotional scenes which in my opinion where not emotional, i always blamed the director for that and was waiting till the director would be added here on MAL for this season.
Which didn't happen yet, as for is this episode went it did give a different feeling that last season so i presume it's a different director i just hope it is.

This episode felled more emotional then anything of the first season, as in the emotions where brought out better.
I also liked the style a bit more compared to first season, also noticed some differences in art style but i could be wrong about that.
And it looks like the wont make the same mistakes they did in first season.

the director is the same, however they have a new assistant directer i believe (?)
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 20, 2013 3:36 AM
May 2012
Despite rating LB S1 an 8/10, i think it's epic i it's own way, the drama was well done. So i'm excited to see what S2 would offer.
Oct 20, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
Is it just me or the quality of direction, screenplay and artwork-animation improved by several folds from S1? Absolutely loved it!

Only seeing the first episode (since I just finished S1 after a bit hiatus) and it already looks on its way to come with some surprises!

Kurugaya finally having her arc. I liked all the girls from S1 with Rin being my favourite, I am wondering whether it will change after Refrain!

5/5 for first episode and already giving the season a 9/10 because I think J.C Staff will do a better job with this season, as I already gave an 8/10 for the first season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 25, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
First episode is already better than the entire first season.
Oct 26, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2012
I kind of miss the old Kengo :'(
Nov 7, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome start! heading in a good direction
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.