Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
Loved this episode! Much better than I expected. Main female character's so cute.
Oct 5, 2013 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me and turned out to be a pretty good frist episode.

Oct 5, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2012
Better than I expected. 4/5
This might not be just another SAO clone after all.
Oct 5, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2012
It was a good episode, I was expecting something like a terrible version of SAO but this anime surprised me. It was funny and the OP is amazing
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 5, 2013 2:07 PM

May 2012
this looks interesting.. Im a very fan of MMORPG game before sot it really bring back those memories but im currently in MOBA now..

Oct 5, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
judojon said:
Akatsuki is cute, and the other two leads aren't terrible. However, the show isn't setting a high bar for itself, I'm not too impressed by this introductory episode. It lacks any stakes or tension, the first episode of SAO at least had that much (disregarding the storm of shit that followed, of course).

I heard that players would simply respawn when they are killed rather than die or return to reality, so the stakes are definitely lower.

Aggron said:
Well this one has perverts SAO didn't :p

You mean this one has open perverts.
Oct 5, 2013 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
I think they're going to make it more like an actual game and less like SAO ended up being.
Oct 5, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
Hopefully will develop some more depth on

(1) Game goal
(2) Game manufacturer
(3) Some real-life issues

For example it was clearly stated in SAO you can die from either dying ingame or literally having your body waste away in real life.
Oct 5, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2010
It handles the "game" things decently (way better than SAO) and the MC isn't a fucking retard so that's good, I didn't really like the rest of the characters though.
Oct 5, 2013 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Don't people ever get sick of talking about SAO!? Jeez, let it go already.
Oct 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
Haven't seen SAO or .Hack but I certainly enjoyed this. Nice attention to detail and engaging characters. Will definitely be watching.
Oct 5, 2013 2:36 PM
Oct 2010
Ha, the soundtrack seems very RPG-like. OP and ED excluded, of course.

saxophone15 said:
I like the protagonist so far. I hope he lives up to his strategist title.
Same here. I don't expect him to be like Lelouch, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 5, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2012
Looks pretty fun so far! Let's see if Akatsuki can knock off a character off my favorites since I'm liking her so far. Animes with a video game theme are always welcome.

Oct 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Nov 2011
AlliedG said:
Hopefully will develop some more depth on

(1) Game goal
(2) Game manufacturer
(3) Some real-life issues

For example it was clearly stated in SAO you can die from either dying ingame or literally having your body waste away in real life.

Most MMO's do not have a end-game goal.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 5, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
Better than I expected tbh. Enjoyable first episode and looking forward to more.
Oct 5, 2013 2:46 PM
Oct 2010
I forgot to mention, I like how Akatsuki takes seriously the role play. XD
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 5, 2013 2:47 PM
Feb 2013
Oh dear, they didn't even provided any info as to how them players got there.
Oct 5, 2013 2:49 PM
Apr 2013
Curious to see how this seperates itself from SAO because the creators know it will get compared over and over again (*cough* gensei last season *cough*)
In the end it said you can't even die which is an new take and will show a different way of truly being trapped in this world.
Oct 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2011
I wasn't very impressed with the first episode but I'll continue watching in hopes that it will get better. I thought it was pretty cool when the monsters turn into items and money when they die though.

Oct 5, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2011
It was like a copy of SAO but a bit different~

Sadly the main character doesn't look cool.

Oct 5, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2012
Daipyon said:

the only traped in a game character who looked cool was tsukasa and haseo from .hack//

kirito had a baby face :p
Oct 5, 2013 3:15 PM
Feb 2012
Well, the first episode was not bad, it has already been shown plenty of characters, but nothing was sad about their past and real life, so there is a big chance that something will happen about that ( I haven't read novel ). It is really hard to say is this anime good or bad, but first impression gives a positive feeling.
Oct 5, 2013 3:24 PM
Aug 2012
I would like to see an anime like sword art online, minus the part when they just skipped one year of the characters development.I would like to see one naruto/bleach/one piece like anime, in terms of longevity, in which we could see them fighting all the bosses. I think it would be really epic idea. But I guess this one is also not going to be it since they are apparently all in the cap level.

Nevertheless, the first episode looks awesome and I hope it will be another epic anime like sword art online.
Oct 5, 2013 3:25 PM
Oct 2010
dafuq do they mean by beautiful assassin akatsuki O.o...........well she has cool character design but the bod ll-.- ...................But on the bright side, if i switch on my loli mode XD
Oct 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Feb 2011
Nice animation , crazy OP :D
Oct 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
I'm liking this anime thus far. I love the characters too.
Oct 5, 2013 3:34 PM

May 2011
Ok, things it did right with the setting
-Open world, none of that gated tower bullshit
-Mechanics are being built, and hopefully they are set by the next couple of episodes
-Hints for dynamic boss battles
-Main character is a mother fucking mage
-World Building is good so far
Oct 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
seems ok so far
i hope it will be good untill the end~
Oct 5, 2013 4:08 PM
Sep 2012
Alright there seems to be some misunderstanding, let me point some things out

1) They're not trapped in a game The real world turned into a game - so its not even close to SAO, but more like FFTA (but without Marche)

2) Its not grimderp or edgy. You die in the game, you resurrect at a town. TPKs are considered comedic here.

3) The MC is not a gary stu - he even sticks to support role and CCs and not "hurr I bash it with my unqiue dual-wielding cuz i'm chosen one"

4) The development focus is on MC's party members with MC as the observer or the catalyst, unlike SAO where every character is an NPC revolving around the MC

5) its not harem - OTPs everywhere. Even Tank bro gets a waifu.

6) The author focuses the plot about MMO politics, management and economies. Think MMY, Horizon and S&W This is loads better than generic "escaping back the the real world".

7) Foreword: The anime is not that AOTY. Much of it is wordswordswords interspersed with combat.
Oct 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
I have only 2 complaints about the first episode:
- pretty confusing about what happened up until some point
- they have no goal as of yet (I am not sure if I want this to slide into "Slice of MMORPG life"

Other than that, I pretty much liked it :)
Oct 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
It was rly boring first episode
and i think it's very annoying that they didn't explain anything
Oct 5, 2013 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
It feels more MMORPG than SAO which is a plus
Nice start
Oct 5, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2011
I enjoyed it, some nice humor and the characters already feel natural with each other. I'm glad they didn't have their UI up all the time though, since looking at it was information overload!
Oct 5, 2013 4:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tman00 said:
Alright there seems to be some misunderstanding, let me point some things out

1) They're not trapped in a game The real world turned into a game - so its not even close to SAO, but more like FFTA (but without Marche)

2) Its not grimderp or edgy. You die in the game, you resurrect at a town. TPKs are considered comedic here.

3) The MC is not a gary stu - he even sticks to support role and CCs and not "hurr I bash it with my unqiue dual-wielding cuz i'm chosen one"

4) The development focus is on MC's party members with MC as the observer or the catalyst, unlike SAO where every character is an NPC revolving around the MC

5) its not harem - OTPs everywhere. Even Tank bro gets a waifu.

6) The author focuses the plot about MMO politics, management and economies. Think MMY, Horizon and S&W This is loads better than generic "escaping back the the real world".

7) Foreword: The anime is not that AOTY. Much of it is wordswordswords interspersed with combat.

Yes well said. Let me iterate again that THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL REALITY like the one in SAO

The best analogy would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The resemblance is stunning...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 5, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2013
Daipyon said:

and SAO was a copy of .hack.. your point being ?
Oct 5, 2013 4:51 PM
Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Just making sure people notice.

That annoying leyend at the start of every episode thread has a purpose.

Honestly, the anime will tell what needs to be told, it doesn't need rabid fans doing it in it's stead.
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 5, 2013 4:59 PM

May 2011
Sourire said:
Daipyon said:

and SAO was a copy of .hack.. your point being ?

Which was a copy of tron
Oct 5, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2013
oh god that assassin is so cute. im gonna keep watching this
Oct 5, 2013 5:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very solid! It's rare that an anime based on an RPG delivers such a solid first episode. I liked it, the music is great and there's a freaking loli assassin!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
Better than I expected, really loving this ..
Oct 5, 2013 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
Daipyon said:

Copy of SAO? Who cares! It could be better than SAO in twenty different ways, but it cannot be any worse. The main three (out of four, as nothing has been shown of the nekohead) characters are already far more interesting than every single character of SAO. Looks promising and I am really looking forward to the upcoming episodes. +_+
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 5, 2013 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
I think SAO's first episode (and possibly its second) were better than this one, but the trainwreck from thereon of SAO makes that a moot point. I really enjoyed this first episode and it looks to be a great series. I like that the main character seems pretty level-headed and that he's known as a strategist, as opposed to being one of the people in the front lines. And the bromance appears to be awesome. As far as objectives are concerned for this story, it seems like it will introduce us to it next episode based on the preview, or at least the first arc of the series. I'm honestly so happy that it's a 2 cour show.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 5, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2013
I say this is really like sword art but this might be better than SAO at first I thought i was going to hate this but I got to say I like this :D
Oct 5, 2013 5:43 PM

Jun 2010
DATABASEEEEEEEE DATABASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! LOL.

Sao v2???

I like how the characters are not dumb as hell unlike the other SAO ripoff which I forgot the title...

Nice ED song.
Oct 5, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2009

This is so freaking good so far.

Hopefully it won't end up like a train-wreck like SAO...

Both humor and character are already more interesting than SAO.

The NPC live merrily, while the supposedly happier adventurer looking like the world has ended!! LMAO!
"How long are they going to sit there?"
"Those food all taste the same"
"It taste like soggy crackers without salt" (Sound terrible)

Ironically humorous, my favorite type.

AHAHAHA! I CANT WAIT TO SEE MALE WHO PICK THE FEMALE GENDER IN THE GAME! THIS IS GANNA BE AMAZING!

EDIT: My expectation isn't high coming into this, but this episode alone have shattered my expectations to smithereens.
AirStylesOct 5, 2013 6:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
Psh, what a horrible Greed Island rip-off. Nah but seriously...

Interesting first episode, so many questions about the game world and what's going on. The characters are easily likable so far, especially with a strategist MC and the cute assassin. I like how there's no linear or clear objective yet. Will definitely stay on top of this every Saturday.

And I love the ED, so catchy and beautiful.
Oct 5, 2013 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
Loving this first episode. Seems like it'll be a great series.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
AirStyles said:

AHAHAHA! I CANT WAIT TO SEE MALE WHO PICK THE FEMALE GENDER IN THE GAME! THIS IS GANNA BE AMAZING!

So about 99% of the female character player base?
Oct 5, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2013
Wait, is Shiro the main character? If so, than I am kind of upset from what I saw so far. I would have preferred main charter to be more out there and fight in front line rather than a strategist. I hope what I saw today will change in the future episodes...so for now I can't really say if I liked it or not.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Oct 5, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
Grotex said:
Wait, is Shiro the main character? If so, than I am kind of upset from what I saw so far. I would have preferred main charter to be more out there and fight in front line rather than a strategist. I hope what I saw today will change in the future episodes...so for now I can't really say if I liked it or not.

What's so bad about being a support mage?

Staying at the back line, providing buffs/debuffs.

Precisely because of his role, he can never accomplish things alone(well, hard things).

Which makes the show very group orientated. It's a nice change from watching "My team fail, but I'm the hero, so I'll go "raaaahhhh!!!!!" and win this single handedly" type of swordman.

See things from the back line is a whole different experience compared to having the monster in your face all the time(tunnel visioning on the priority target while crying "heal!" "buff!" "debuff!")
AirStylesOct 5, 2013 6:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.