Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shota ;o

Nice flashbacks I guess. Anyways, obviously there was some tension going on there in the past. I actually enjoyed this flashback. As a kid I think Rin was quite cheerful. He looks dedicated to swimming as well. Hoping for more kick ass swimming competitions soon.

Dat ending, I see a showdown.
Sep 11, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2009
Awww i want know what Rei is going to tell Rin

I'm pretty sure that Rin is going to say something along the lines of "you don't belong with them, they better swimmer than you" or something like that

Lol Nagisa tried to covered for Rei even though he didn't know where he was
247EyesSep 11, 2013 1:18 PM
Sep 11, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
Cheerful young red hair guy when transferred to their elementary school. Their coach when they were elementary are now their coach again. Nabe during the summer!! lol @ realizing that the teacher is the model in the magazine! The reason he is obsessed about relay... to follow his father's dream... and then "that" happened. After knowing the truth, Megane guy went to meet red hair guy!!

Thetw, who seems to be jealous at each other involving with the main guy and the group, are going to fight with swimming, it seems? lol @ their conversation during the preview. End card is cute!
tsubasaloverSep 11, 2013 7:28 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
Cheerful young red hair guy when transferred to their elementary school. Their coach when they were elementary are now their coach again. Nabe during the summer!! lol @ realizing that the teacher is the model in the magazine! The reason he is obsessed about relay... to follow his father's dream... and that happened. After knowing the truth, Megane guy went to meet red hair guy!!

They are going to fight with swimming? lol @ their conversation during the preview. End card is cute!

LOL that was funny when the coach found out how he "knew" the teacher.
I thought Gou was going to show them the magazine to guys for a second, but it was just the photo album
247EyesSep 11, 2013 1:18 PM
Sep 11, 2013 10:30 AM
Dec 2012
Nice flashback. Rin was a cheerful and funny boy back then. The back story of Rin explained why he had parted company with them, but it felt forced that he still had a rivalry against them even today. His unfriendly coldness was unconvincing to me. Hopefully next episode will explain it more. Maybe Rei is going to play a role of mediator?
Sep 11, 2013 10:44 AM

Dec 2011
Nice flashback-
Now it's really clear.. from the start i only wished to see Rin's pure smile again ;-;

AND ALSO REI PLS RIN-CHAN-SAN
Rei the "boomerang megane"

Rin & Rei'll compete against each other next ep?
aww, 2 eps left
Sep 11, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
We always know one day someone would find out the back (dark) history of the teacher LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 11, 2013 11:21 AM

Apr 2007
"Rin-chan-san" I love you so much Rei <3

And that preview, lmao
Sep 11, 2013 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
It was as we suspected! Ama-chan sensei was a gravure idol XD
Sep 11, 2013 12:53 PM

Aug 2011
'Rin-chan-san' Rei you're such a dork. Miyano Mamoru has A++++ English.
Sep 11, 2013 12:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
So in the flashback Rin said he's quitting swimming, was that something he just said in the heat of the moment or did he remember that he wanted to be in the Olympics because of his father?

The intensity at the end of the episode cracked me up for some reason, in a good way though because I liked it. But it I still found it funny because of the intense music and directing. And LOL the preview part when they were speaking in English, "all out." The pronunciation was just too great XD and the "perfect body" too.
Sep 11, 2013 1:01 PM

May 2013
Those were nice flashbacks. Can't wait too see what happens after that ending.
Sep 11, 2013 1:03 PM

Aug 2012
Rin-chan-san, hahaahahah, Rei you're the best

And that preview!! All-out, all-out, all-out, all-out, perfect body, rofl haha
Sep 11, 2013 1:04 PM
Apr 2013
Rei asking what I was thinking... why is Rin's relationship with everyone so frakked up! LOL

very cute episode... loved the flashback to when they were younger

Also regarding the quitting, I think it's likely something happened while he was training in Australia - maybe he heard something about his father or someone broke his confidence
Sep 11, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Really Nice build up episode. But why did it have to end there >_<!!!

Lol'd so much at Marin-chan Sensei being a former Swim suit model. She's HAWT *A*!!

Poor Rei, feeling left out. But nice seeing how he went to confront Rin-chan-san XD

Nxt ep seems awesome and lol'd so much at the Engrish in the pv hahahaha XD ROFL XD
Sep 11, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
ALL-OUT,ALL-OUT,ALL-OUT,ALL-OUT,ALL-OUT,ALL-OUT.PERFECT BODY, PERFECT BODY.
Also, Ama-chan and Gou-chan are perfect.
incompleteAEGISSep 11, 2013 1:25 PM
Sep 11, 2013 1:21 PM
May 2012
omg who would have ever thought that sensei was actually a model for swimsuits and not a designer roflMAO !!!1111
Sep 11, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
omg "rin-chan-san" god rei hahaha

really nice flashback episode, but I'm more curious for what's going to happen next episode between rin and rei c:
and haru was actually smiling for once whaaaat
Sep 11, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY GOD SO INTENSE ENDING

REI BABY YOU'RE SUCH A BAMF T v T
Sep 11, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2011
good ep. I wonder what Rei-chan is gonna do.

I don't know what preview was about anymore, because omfg
ALL OUT PERFECT BODY
it was so precious moment xD
Sep 11, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
I lost it at "Rin-chan-san" hahahaha XD

The awkward scene between Ama-sensei and Goru was both fun and very embarrassing ^////^

Episode felt like a recap, we already knew a lot of the background stuff. 3/5.
Sep 11, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2012
I knew this time would come!!

We knew Rin was jealous of Rei, but Rei hasn't shown much proof of being jealous of Rin before! I hope he won't challenge him though, he wouldn't stand a chance > <'

I wonder why Rin said he'd quit swimming though! He wanted to beat Haru, so that was just a lie. Especially when he came back many years later all pumped up! =P

Not pleased that there are only 3 episodes left, but i'm looking forward to next week!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
PERFECT BODY
Sep 11, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
Crez said:
I knew this time would come!!

We knew Rin was jealous of Rei, but Rei hasn't shown much proof of being jealous of Rin before! I hope he won't challenge him though, he wouldn't stand a chance > <'

I wonder why Rin said he'd quit swimming though! He wanted to beat Haru, so that was just a lie. Especially when he came back many years later all pumped up! =P

Not pleased that there are only 3 episodes left, but i'm looking forward to next week!

Poor Rei, he's beginning to realize that he's in a club that had a phantom teammate that's he's sort of filling in for. Don't you hate that left-out feeling, when you're around your friends but they're all taking about a person you don't even know and you can contribute nothing to the conversation?

And Rei had better not challenge Rin. Rei might be getting better, but Rin would swim rings around him. And if we're talking fist fighting, I still thinking Rin would win.

However, something definitely happened to Rin in Australia, that is where it seems caused him to change. It's almost like something damaged his spirit and hurt his confidence and that loss against Haru broke something within him that was already cracked. In which he said that was going to quit swimming. Why he started up again, may have been the result of anything from anger, to jealousy, to the reminder of his father, to even maybe that he's like Haru and can never stay completely away from the water.
Sep 11, 2013 2:27 PM

Jul 2012
Rin-chan-san ;D Lol
Sep 11, 2013 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
Rin-chan-san x) Rei is so cute <3
Sep 11, 2013 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I'm so glad we finally get to understand what happened between Haru & Rin! Everyone was so cute as kids! (shotas) ;P

When I saw Rin at the beginning of the episode, I just couldn't, omg he was so cheerful and, UGHGLKDJS:lska;dka;l;l, and then when I saw him cry and break away from Haru, I was crushed at the fact of his defeat, and the hurt in Haru's eyes...STOP GIVING ME SUCH FEELS, DANG IT ;~;

I wonder what'll happen next episode, I really hope this series doesn't stop at 12-13 episodes, they could do so much to elaborate/re-build everyone's friendships (relationships ;) )

The ending where the Seiyuus were pronouncing "all out" and "perfect body" = DEAD xD <3
Now I must wait another week v~v
Sep 11, 2013 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
LOL the pronunciation battle... "Perfect body." xD

I'm glad with the direction they've taken Rei in, as his feeling of being left out is natural; I was wondering if they were going to just forget about that but they didn't.

I saw an alternative title for the next episode was "All-Out Violent Passion!" so I'm hoping there's a fistfight. I am really really hoping there's a fistfight. I wouldn't put it beneath Rin; he has a tendency to physically lash out when he's pissed.
And everyone is saying that Rei doesn't stand a chance if it's a fistfight, and Rin probably would win because he's just a badass, but don't forget that Rei is still very athletic, tends to have perfect form, and would therefore stand a fair chance. And if the other Iwatobi boys intervene then that would be fantastic too.
If this anime ends without a single fistfight I'll be disappointed. :c
Sep 11, 2013 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
Gxpopstar said:

I wonder what'll happen next episode, I really hope this series doesn't stop at 12-13 episodes, they could do so much to elaborate/re-build everyone's friendships (relationships ;) )

Where's everyone getting 13 from? I just heard it would be 12 episodes, and I think two more episodes could be enough as the show paces itself pretty well. More episodes has a high potential to make the plot drag on, although I will be going through withdrawl after it's over and then a rewatch spree. xD
Sep 11, 2013 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
sunshined said:
LOL the pronunciation battle... "Perfect body." xD

I'm glad with the direction they've taken Rei in, as his feeling of being left out is natural; I was wondering if they were going to just forget about that but they didn't.

I saw an alternative title for the next episode was "All-Out Violent Passion!" so I'm hoping there's a fistfight. I am really really hoping there's a fistfight. I wouldn't put it beneath Rin; he has a tendency to physically lash out when he's pissed.
And everyone is saying that Rei doesn't stand a chance if it's a fistfight, and Rin probably would win because he's just a badass, but don't forget that Rei is still very athletic, tends to have perfect form, and would therefore stand a fair chance. And if the other Iwatobi boys intervene then that would be fantastic too.
If this anime ends without a single fistfight I'll be disappointed. :c

I don't know, Rin is also very athletic, he's older, and he's been an serious athlete longer. However, I doubt it will get to fist-fighting. If anything, they'll have a swim challenge, and unfortunately, in that I KNOW Rin will win.
Sep 11, 2013 3:14 PM
Mar 2013
All the boys were so cute when they were little!
Sep 11, 2013 3:22 PM
Dec 2011
It looks like everybody wants to force Rin to make up with Haru, but still, there are only two episodes left and I'm pretty sure they won't finish it here :C Regionals & nationals in two eps? But they should at least show us they eventually reconcile... What would then be that thing with the prophecy in the temple?

Rin-chan-san :'D

I love this anime, but if they make us wait another year... >:C
Sep 11, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
Nice backstory episode I guess.

The end was good, go hard @ him Rei man.
Sep 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. I knew it. Ama-chan-sensei is some kind of model!

Also, I didn't expect Rei to be confronting Rin-chan-san. Can't wait to see what they will talk about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2013 3:50 PM

Oct 2007
OMG they were so adorable :3 Especially seeing Rin so carefree when he was young.

Plus the preview part with Rei and Rin talking over was hilarious "Speedo megane" xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2013 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
Oh my God, I'm in love with Rei.
The end of the episode was so intense, I want to know what's gonna happen.
Dat engrish. All out perfect body.

Sep 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Apr 2012
a loooooot of flashback in this episode, but that final scene was all worth it.
i honestly am looking forward to this "showdown" since rei was the one who "replaced" rin. seeing what they think of each other is gonna be intense and interesting!
also, that engrish in the end. "all out all out all out perfect body perfect body."
Sep 11, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Nice flashback episode. I thought they would show what happened to Rin in Australia, but they didn't.
Lol at the preview.
Sep 11, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
Oh yes, a shouta episode.

I wasn't expecting a clash between Rei and Rin, their seiyuu fight during the preview was funny.
[center]
Sep 11, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2013
All-Out
Sep 11, 2013 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
Rei and Sensei.

Good enough.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 11, 2013 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
Rei 10/10 would marry
Sep 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
Haru turned into such a great senpai! He's really changed. Rin should take notes. He was such a cute kid, what the hell happened...

Don't worry Rei-chan, I still like you and your Iwatobi swim team more than Rin.

Not enough Mako-chan.

Only two episodes left, I'm gonna cry.
Sep 11, 2013 5:23 PM

Feb 2011
So that's why there were messages on the bricks. Rin's fumble. xD

Wee!Nagisa was frickin' adorable!

The 'red string of fate' between guys is still called the 'red string of fate'...or just plain 'ol friendship if you're talking about friends...XD;

Well that was an exciting ending. :O I both want and don't want the next episode, because it's going to be over so soon. ;a;
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 11, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2008
Go away, Rin!! Your mission's been accomplished. You're done! Go home!!
I swear, Rin, if you do something to my beloved Rei, I WILL CUT YOU!!
Sep 11, 2013 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
Villetta_Nu said:

What even... sometimes I wonder if there's even a point in explaining things to you. Why would Rin do anything to Rei anyways? @___@

Sep 11, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2011
Villetta_Nu said:
Did you not realize that Rei is the one who confronted him? Like wtf, you Rin haters are getting more and more unreasonable.
Sep 11, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2012
wahahahah!
that ending fight cracked me up so badly xD
Sep 11, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Shota paradise I'm so happy c:

Also Rei omfg he can't get any cuter/embarrassing. I love this series so damn much ;_;
Sep 11, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
All Out Perfect Body. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2013

102 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.