Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 28, 2018 4:43 AM

Hated every long minute of it. The pacing was very slow, the plot didn't keep my interest for 2 minutes, the music was dull. It all boils down to 5 minutes of philosophical questions, which do have their place, but i wish i didn't have to spend 80 minutes just for those 2 minutes.

I can appreciate the impact it has had on future shows, but the movie itself was unbearable for me.

2/10

Mar 18, 2018 6:05 PM

I think this is the third time I've seen it?
I first watched it in early 2000s, then again around 2008... and here we are again.

It's just one of those movies that's very captivating. I personally like the television series a better, but the core philosophical topics are present in the whole franchise.

Gritty cyberpunk with questions of what it means to be human... p much my favorite type of anime. 7/10

Apr 4, 2018 9:00 PM

I'm glad I finally got around to watching this. It was excellent, atmospheric and philosophically emotional. The soundtrack and the cityscapes, the views of normal everyday things happening, were brilliant. The end was a bit eerie. I didn't much know really what to expect going in. I had played the PS1 game and seen bits of Stand Alone Complex, but I feel like this was so much more. You can see the influence of the Akira film on this one too.

Oct 4, 2018 7:44 PM
The movie was alright overall, at least for me.

Damn, the animation is one of the best I've seen in anime.

Oct 6, 2018 11:55 AM

The animation was really cool but this is one of the most overrated movie I've ever seen. Nothing interesting about this

Jan 14, 3:04 AM

Direction and soundtrack deserve a lot (Anime of the 90s have a march more), but the story has not taken me for anything and sincerely in some places has also bored me. 6/10

Apr 9, 2:17 AM

With technology becoming more and more lifelike, the line that marks the difference between humans and robots just gets more and more blurry as society progresses. That's pretty much the core message a majority of sci-fi adaptations portray but I did feel something distinct about the film for some reason.

It made me think about a few rhetorical questions like:
-A few cyborg enhancements are fine but are you really still considered a human if you replace all of your body parts with machinery?
-If a program can develop its own soul, what makes humans so special now?
-If memories can just be implanted, does that mean that we don't need to strive to look for happiness because of the possibility of just implanting all the memories you can ever want?

The action scenes were okay but my favorite part was definitely the part where Kusanagi described the feeling she gets when she dives in the water.

Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Pretty good movie. A couple of things that stood out to me the most is the questioning of what it’s like to he human, and what makes a human a human, and the serious threat of hackers that are still prominent today.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"

Jun 17, 5:32 AM
Blade Runner of anime movies ???

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store