Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Mod Edit:
This thread will be moderated and trolling will not be tolerated.
Also please read the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.

----------------------------------------
Rei Ryuugazaki sure can do some pretty high jumps...

Decent episode. LOL @ Gou. Why you so silly? I'm glad Rin is back though at the pool area. Competition TIME. These dudes have some nice swimming skills..

I like the intensity in his eyes:
LunaJul 18, 2013 1:23 AM
Jul 17, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Yonaga-san's character is persistant for wanting Hirakawa-san's character, who wants beauty and cannot swim. Using mind and mumbling (calculating) is his way of doing sport. Even though he was reluctant to swim, he was forced to swim. He is eventually dazed by Haruka's way of sporting and officially in. Now Yonaga-san's character is responsible for teaching him. (also,, I thought that "Haru-chan-san" was funny, too)

Miyata-san's character is also a swimmer who was there?! lol~

Wow, interesting song for chu2byou movie!!
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2013 1:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2013 8:58 AM
Dec 2012
They, unlike Fuu of Tamayura, struggle hard to recruit members. LOL @ Rei's diving. Nice to know he joined the club, but it felt forced. Rei reminded me of Midorima from Kuroko no Basket.

The series is getting interesting.
Jul 17, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
Rei was inspired and made the jump (pun intended) to join the team. Kou won't stop any time soon fantasizing over the guys, lol.
Jul 17, 2013 9:03 AM
May 2013
This episode was fuckin awesome. Inspecially for all the fangirls out there. So much shirtless power from all of them, but not from Rin. Rei is very sportly (Gou x Rei may incomming) and we found out that Nagisa is a little Stalker. I think he might love Rei or so, because he changed from Ryugazaki-kun to Rei-chan xD This anime is strange, mysterious and perfect for fangirls xD
Can't wait for the next episode because I can not get enough of this.
Jul 17, 2013 9:20 AM

Aug 2012
Rei, finally !
I was waiting for you !

Aww.
Jul 17, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
Rei is such a fun character !!

And a lot of Gou too, which is great !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 17, 2013 10:20 AM

Apr 2007
Rei is more silly than it seemed like he would be. And I love it :3
Jul 17, 2013 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
lol.. wtf rei! ?
5/5 for his speedo
Jul 17, 2013 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
lol Rei

Jul 17, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Kou is the winner again.

Jul 17, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
zoze said:
5/5 for his speedo

waiting more to come next week
Jul 17, 2013 12:38 PM

Jun 2012

BAHAHAHA What guy says this!?

Alright now I know KyoAni's messing with us
HybridMBLJul 17, 2013 12:57 PM
Jul 17, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
So enough persistance persuades him to join the swim team - even if he can't swim?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 17, 2013 12:55 PM
Jul 2013
Lol, I wonder how they'd teach him to swim next episode.. Hopefully he learns by the time the tournament comes. I was expecting him to do a pretty good dive, but that facepalm into the water, ouch LOL. And he did a starfish when he was jumping over the bar too! XD

Shounen93 said:
lol Rei

Lol yeah, I guess he couldn't decide whether to say -chan or -san XD
Jul 17, 2013 12:55 PM
Aug 2011
Hell yesss Ryuugazaki-kun.

Lost my shit when he did that spreadeagle pose while he was vaulting.

Monochrome said:

I like how Haru and Rei turned out to be sillier than what the PVs let on.

5/5 would let him borrow all the speedos he needs again.
Preview looks hawt and highly amusing.
Jul 17, 2013 1:01 PM
Mar 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:

Haha indeed. Also, that embarrassed, tsundere look right afterward was pure gold.

Apr 2012
this episode was so freaking adorable omghgfkh;gflkh
im now a rei ryugazaki fan <3
his pole vaulting was beeeeautiful (as a fellow pole vaulter myself)
AND HES SO HOT TOO THOSE ARMS THO UNF
and hes a male tsundere ubububu
i love how his way of thinking went from calculated to freedom
quick development on his end right off the bat. very nice.
looking forward to more episodes with my new boyfriend <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 2011
excited for the next. Can't wait to see Rei actually swimming :'3
Love the rin&gou sibling moments ♥
parfaited said:

Monochrome said:

I like how Haru and Rei turned out to be sillier than what the PVs let on.
HirieoshiJul 17, 2013 1:10 PM
Jul 17, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
That was a really nice episode :D

Rei is really funny! I thought he's gonna be the serious type but turns out he really added a lot of humor to the episode. (Haru-chan-san and his fail dive XD)

Haru's motivation to (Oyogu tabehodai) was so lol XD

Kou was cute as usual and she was really helpful getting info and booking for practices...etc
Dat Muscle fetish is so lol XD

Also Yandere eye Ama-chan-sensei when they were talking about using her sexiness was lol XD
Hope we can at least see her in a swimsuit at least once ^^

Really can't get enough of that OP & ED
Jul 17, 2013 1:11 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
parfaited said:
Hell yesss Ryuugazaki-kun.
Lost my shit when he did that spreadeagle pose while he was vaulting.

LOL omg that was hilarious and totally unexpected. Since he was talking about perfect form and looking pretty before, I knew he would decide to join after watching Haruka swim :D The part where Haruka looked like he was swimming in the ocean was really pretty, along with the nice relaxing bgm. Looking forward to seeing Rei learn how to swim XD
Jul 17, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
I totally don't expected this guy can't swim!
So funny!
And these poses!

I really like Kou!
She isn't crazy fangirl like in other animes some girls are!
She is just fangirl like me! xD
Love her!

Can't wait to see more half naked bodies in next week!
Jul 17, 2013 1:18 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode. Rei fail lol I laughed pretty hard. I thought Rei would be a more serious character but I guess I turned out to be wrong. Still ranked the least out of all the characters but I surprisingly liked him quite a bit.

"We don't need anyone like that in our club." Haru's so cute.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaJul 18, 2013 1:21 AM
Jul 17, 2013 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
It was surprising that he didn't know how to swim. And there were a few funny moments here and there.

Also I thought that there were be more rivalry between the two schools, so I never thought that they would let them swim together.

Anyway, why are they keeping Gou fully clothed?!
Jul 17, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
I was really happy when Rei decided to join the swimming team :D And Haru is so awesome~
Anime | Games | Music | Animals

Jul 17, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Just... Haru-chan-san

...if the image BBCode on signatures would start working again it'd be greatly appreciated ;~~~;
Jul 17, 2013 1:41 PM
Oct 2010
LMAO, all that subtext. XD

Hybridbloodszak said:

ikr?

It sounds just wrong.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 17, 2013 1:45 PM

May 2013
Somehow I really cannot stand black haired megane guys. Rei is fucking loud too sometimes, what a turn off. He's doing it wrong if he's trying to be slightly tsundere. So far my least favourite character.
AnguishedJul 17, 2013 1:49 PM
Jul 17, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
Leapling said:
Somehow I really cannot stand black haired megane guys.

Good thing Rei has blue hair then. ALL THE LOVE.
Jul 17, 2013 1:50 PM
Aug 2011
Leapling said:

his hair is not even black what is wrong with you??

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaJul 18, 2013 1:20 AM
Jul 17, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2013
hikoghert said:
Leapling said:

Good thing Rei has blue hair then. ALL THE LOVE.

Dark blue then, fine. Sorry for insulting your love.
Jul 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
I guess Rei is second best guy, right below Makoto.

He looks like he can be an interesting foil to the group.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jul 17, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Good episode! It was cool, but not as great as last week's. I was feeling the homosexual undertones too much this time. >.> I fangirl over their bodies, not their relationships. xP But it was sweet seeing the friendship Nagisa and Rei formed nonetheless.

But yeah, everyone's so handsome as usual. :3 Haru's swimming really is beautiful.

Didn't enjoy this as much as last week's, but wasn't bad at all.
Jul 17, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
Why am I only now noticing how hilarious and adorable Nagisa is

I so ship Nagisa x Rei

I just want to cuddle Rin to death, he's such a buttface.

I really like Rei, he's such a dork. My heart still belongs to Haruka though. "So you're Haru-chan-san?" Rei, you are so precious.

And Haruka was just a cutie throughout the whole episode as usual. This is the first episode so far where he didn't randomly take his clothes off upon seeing water o:
Jul 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
Rei has made this episode the best one so far. Ahahaha. I think back on the type of character everyone thought Nagisa would be. Innocent shota looking up to senpai. Nagisa is so exploitative, opportunistic, relentless, manipulative.
Jul 17, 2013 2:03 PM
Mar 2012
Ah, the opening is so refreshing. I could watch this to no end in this heat. Kind of makes me want to get into the water - and I'm a miserable swimmer.
The ending though... If I want desert, I can go outside.

SoraWingux said:
I think he might love Rei or so, because he changed from Ryugazaki-kun to Rei-chan xD
I think he calls everyone -chan with whom he's talked more than twice...
Jul 17, 2013 2:05 PM
May 2013
The manliest show ever- that was SOOO GAAAAAY. It was like Karneval, Uta no Prince, Amnesia plus sparkle vampires and sexy warewolves were put into the pinky child pool, filled with chocolate and jelly. I cannot even denied it wasn`t there (although I really would like to). I seriously didn`t like that episode, not becoz of homosexual subtext though, but becoz in previous episode fanservice was toned down. Like seriosuly, captain Mikoshiba remains only straight male so far, so he better run with Gou from this land of confussion to the lonely island and make lots of babies with her. From lighter side- Gou/Kou proves to be good menager by organize some exercises, she was close to talk to her bro, but then Nagisa pops out and ruined all mood (seriously Nagisa, you annoys hell out of me), Rei was funny, buuut he lack of something to be my fav, poor sensei- they intend to strip her in almost every episode, fujoshi were happy bccoz of ending card (I wonder if that cards represents ships so maybe next will be Mako/Kou? Yeah right, in yaoi fest anime, I can dream on :/).
Jul 17, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2012
One thing i don't like about this series is the forced rivalry between Haruko and Rin it's like rin lost one friendly match to haruko and its like he lost to him in an olimpic final match. The episode is ok it was funny and the fanservice is a little too much.
Jul 17, 2013 2:17 PM

Dec 2011
So Rei is actually a huge dork. Looooooove.

I feel kind of sorry for people who reject this series without giving it a chance because they think it's going to be only bishounen fanservice. It's really fun to watch, I had a smile on my face all the time.
Jul 17, 2013 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
"Look at those deltoids..."
"And his biceps are also beautiful!"
Gou is just awesome. She's so me. I think I like her more than the male characters :'D

Also, Rei is very gay-ish. I like that.
The more I watch the ending, the more I like it.
Jul 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
DAT FAIL DIVE. DEM DELTOIDS. DEM BICEPS. Yep. As expected.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 17, 2013 2:25 PM
Oct 2010
what angle should my arms be at?? SPLAT. mofo cant swim -_-

lol at last frames. nagisa seemed most probable to say those words. dat homo-Eroticism
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 17, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2009
Glasses-kun is the best.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 17, 2013 2:43 PM
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

Yaoi-fan girl so ofcourse you know what I though.
Jul 17, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2013
That diving fail was funny lol.
Jul 17, 2013 2:45 PM
Apr 2013
I fell in love with Rei the moment I saw him, but it was a done deal when flailed his arms talking to Nagisa. <3

He gives off the impression off a cool calm megane character, but his so funny! I love his fail dive, and when he tried to pole vault. XD I can't wait to see more of him!

Gou still a fangirl, Nagisa still trying to get sensei in a swimsuit,and Rin's teeth are still sharp. So I'm still loving this show:)

Kinda disapointed Haru-chan-san didn't strip at the sight of water, but he was sick so I understand. Rin was manhandling people, which brought joy to my heart. I feel a least a small connection to every character but Makoto. Not that I don't love looking at him but I hope there's an episode about him soon.
Jul 17, 2013 2:45 PM
Feb 2008
Just realized that I totally love the ending song. ^^°
Jul 17, 2013 2:47 PM
Aug 2012
Free! never disappoints me. Loved every episode. Gou is my fav I would act the same way. The fan-service was great, super sexy, full of half-nude guys. Heaven >////<
Jul 17, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
Lolol, glasses guy is such a drama queen. Anyway, thought I'd drop it but guess I'll watch the rest now, although with 3 eps already done not sure where they can go with what's left.
And once again ED makes me burst out laughing so yeah, I'd rather have that than it being boring.

Jul 17, 2013 2:48 PM

Mar 2012
Homoerotic undertones everywhere... lol
Not that it's a bad thing. I find it kind of amusing to watch. I just like that this series doesn't take itself too seriously and is self-aware of the fanservice and undertones.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I'm still loving all the little quirks and splashes of unexpected humor. I was half-expecting Rei to jump in the pool and be decent at swimming by going off his calculations, but that plummet got me cracked up.

I don't see this series going anywhere in-depth with its story or characters, but I'm on board with this one for the fun and enjoyment factor.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.