Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2013 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
Good to see young women splayed in compromising yet artistically intriguing positions again; the Monogatari series is back in fine form.
While it was weird to see Senjougahara getting overtly emotional over Hanekawa anyone, the main thing that went through my mind was "Damn, Ararararagi is missing out."
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 6, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not the biggest Hanekawa fan, but it was enjoyable as always.
Jul 6, 2013 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
here we go again...also happy birthday Hitagi
Jul 6, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2011
tezann_t said:
This is something I've been thinking about since Nekomonogatari Kuro...doesn't it feel like the director is abusing his style just a little too much right now? In large part Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari have been successful because of his eccentric style, but the whole shifting back and forth on the angles of characters, deliberate distortion of faces, plus cut-in panels feels a bit unnecessary and excessive at times. Like, we get it. It's at a point where it interferes with the viewing experience.

Other than that, looks like after they went for tease incest in Nise, they'll be going tease yaoi here. Senjougahara is as awesome as ever, although slightly off character with her seeming obsession with Hanekawa?...This season seems like it will center on the two heroines and their coming to terms with how to be with Araragi.

At this point, this style has become one with -monogatari. Even when i read the novels, i see it as this style.
Jul 6, 2013 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
THEY'RE BACK!!!!!! I'M GIVE THIS EPISODE A 5/5
Why everybody cutting there damn hair!! ;(
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 6, 2013 10:53 PM
May 2009
Not a fan of Snjougahara's cut hair. Really liked the long hair better. I don't mind Hanekaawa's though.

Really interested to see where this season will take us and why in the hell Senjougahara's so attached to Hanekawa when she knows Hanekawa wants Araragi. So many things that don't make sense.
Jul 6, 2013 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
WHAT?? I didn't know this came out already!!!

I thought it was tomorrow?!?!?

WATCHING RIGHT NOW!!!
Jul 6, 2013 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
Ah, the dialogue. The short hair. The head tilts. The fanservice. This is Monogatari.
Jul 6, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
TravSavage said:
Ah, the dialogue. The short hair. The head tilts. The fanservice. This is Monogatari.

The feels. The emotions. The characters. Senjougahara. Oh God, no way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!

That was just what I was hoping for.

I only have one complaint, and that is Senjougahara's hair cut. I miss the long hair.
Jul 7, 2013 12:32 AM

Jun 2012
I've been waiting for a long time and this episode did not disappoint.

It was hilarious, engaging, interesting, witty, and a flurry of other positive adjectives that I won't even begin to list here.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 7, 2013 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
Araby said:
WingsOfValor said:
I can't wait to see Nadeko again.
That's a new one.

Haven't seen that comment since a while. lol
Jul 7, 2013 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
It's on now bitches! Senjougahara is back!
Now it's back with a whole lot of plot.
Great start to the season. Araragi is mixed up in some shit again.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jul 7, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Srapture said:
Senjougahara's personality has been changed to make her more silly and immature, which doesn't fit her character

No Hitagi just had character development, she is not silly or immature now, she is just had a burst of feelings or something like that. I won't say that I like this development in her character more but it's not compleltely terrible, her old personality and sharp tongue is still there. The reason for her personality changed was skipped it happend after Nisemonogatari:-

^ you can read this to get a better idea of her ''new'' personality.
Also, and I know this bit is more about personal preference, I like my girls with long hair. Why do they feel the need to cut everyone's hair short?

It's common in Japanese culture for girls to cut their hair, showing they have made a change not just outerly but also inwardly. Read the spoiler above for more.
Very little happened in this episode and I would have liked to have seen a glimpse of Araragi, at the very least.

This is one of the few arcs that will not be told from Araragi's perspective.
Jul 7, 2013 1:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A couple of people have written that they sensed some yuri vibes in this ep., and while it's perfectly understandable in the situation and with that dialogue, it really isn't the case. At least I don't think so.

The thing is (SPOILER for previous Monogataris series and Kizumonogatari) that it's been made clear that Araragi had a thing for Hanekawa. At the very least there was a friendship and a physical attraction between the two, but both were rather passive about it. Senjougahara basically steamrolled into Araragi's life and snapped him up whilst Hanekawa stood by and did nothing, (letting instead her frustration/stress over losing Araragi pen up and bring out Black Hanekawa).

Senjougahara is probably aware of this and probably has at least some sense of guilt over what's happened. She also became closer to Hanekawa in order to be able to be able to act more normally after she recovered her weight in Bakemonogatari. As for the shower scene, besides her usual teasing nature she's probably 'sizing' her potential rival up and will definitely be able to inflame Araragi's libido with the fact that she took a shower with the 'perfect woman' (just imagine Senjougahara in her inimitable style describing in graphic detail what Hanekawa's voluptuous wet body looked like).

The relationship between Hanekawa and Senjougahara is one of the most interesting and sophisticated in the Monogatari series and I'm looking forward to seeing more of their interactions in this arc.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 7, 2013 2:04 AM

Aug 2012
Happy birthday Hitagi-sama <3

Oh i've been waiting for this for a long time, this is the most anticipated anime this year for me T_T

Hitagi's voice is still the best, along with her head tilts and sharp tongue.. SHAFT and NisiOisiN, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 7, 2013 2:22 AM

Jan 2009
those fanservice lol
Jul 7, 2013 2:32 AM

Oct 2012
"You might not be able to tell with my clothes on, but surprisingly enough, my body isn't worth the jail time"
- Hitagi Senjougahara

Bullshit. I liked this episode but it had it's flaws like lack of Arararararagi and seriously overabusing the art style. I also can't get used to Senjougaharas hair.
Jul 7, 2013 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
Lol how is the lack of Araragi a flaw o.o ?
Jul 7, 2013 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
LOL XD already ranked 77th :3
Jul 7, 2013 2:56 AM

Oct 2010
Needs more Ararararagi and Nadeko.
Jul 7, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2009
Outstanding episode. Didn't expect anything less.lol. Hanekewa's living arrangements were even more disturbing to me than before. The dialogue is at the fore front like always for me in this show. I loved how Senjougahara was teasing her and also almost testing her on things. I wonder if that oddity had something to do with the house burning down. And that shaft fanservice didn't disappoint either. All in all, i can never get tired of this anime. The OP and ED is nice too.
DreddJul 7, 2013 3:17 AM
Jul 7, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Yeee its back,i see short hair is the latest fashion now..lol...nice first episode,would be better if Araragi was in it.
Jul 7, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2010
merurin said:
Needs more Ararararagi and Nadeko.

AND Kanbaru and Shinobu.
Jul 7, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2010
Happy B-day Gahara-san !

Glad to see her

merurin said:
Needs more Ararararagi .

5/5
Jul 7, 2013 3:51 AM

Jul 2011

my reaction when the episode is over
Jul 7, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2008
AH! The joy! I'm so happy to see this series back!

It took me a moment to get used to Senjougahara's personality, but it's nice to see her developing. It was also funny to see her mess with Hanezawa the way she does with Araragi.

Oh, and the fanservice! HNNNNGH! Everything feels right, just as t it should be. Now then, I wonder what Araragi is up to with Mayoi?

Jul 7, 2013 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
garydx25 said:

Oh god, yes! I'm so happy!
Jul 7, 2013 5:05 AM

Jun 2011
finally.
loved the episode
senjougahara is so damn hot
Jul 7, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
"To go unnoticed when absent ... That's even less an existence than going unnoticed when you are there".

- Hitagi Sennjougahara
Jul 7, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
mite just be me but i think senjougahara was trying out the old araragi move of if in doubt sexually harass hanekawa a bit to make her feel better a bit like he did at the start of Nekomonogatari: Kuro
Hanekawa tried to stretch herself to the limits, after that her facial expression became resolute, and in that state she inserted her hands inside the hem of the pleated skirt of her uniform.

I thought she would once again flip up her skirt for me, but, no matter what, Hanekawa didn't do such a thing devoid of logical connection.

Instead she took off her panties.
Jul 7, 2013 6:33 AM

Jan 2012
looks like this season will start with hanekawa's arc.

hanekawa x senjougahara
i love this pairing =3
Jul 7, 2013 6:36 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, purple still. I'm glad Shaft had something new for us. As for the rest: yuck, short hair.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 7, 2013 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
hanekawa looks pretty with short hair, but i really don't like senjougahara's appearance. there was also something bothering me about the animation or character design... i can't really say what it was, though. the characters just looked weird, strangely unfamiliar.

senjougahara's brekdown was also pretty weird and seemed so ooc to me ôo

and no araragi. this saddens me :<

but damn, dat fanservice. well done. why even bother with clothes? i would be totally okay if everyone would just run around in underwear the whole time. where can i sign up for that?
Jul 7, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
makarov52 said:
LOL XD no shower scene yeah! XDD
damn I was wondering if there will be this scene too.. :/
ah ! XD
The best guess from fans in Japan is that they will spend the best part of the next episode to act out that scene...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 7, 2013 7:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
symbv said:
makarov52 said:
ah ! XD
The best guess from fans in Japan is that they will spend the best part of the next episode to act out that scene...

I have the popcorn ready.

They'll probably take the teasing to the next level and not show anything but imply a lot. Think a blushing Hanekawa drying herself off with a towel telling Gahara: "I cannot believe you would do something like that Senjouhara-san", whilst the latter just gives off one of her fake giggles and says that she'll give Araragi "a detailed description of events".
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 7, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
makarov52 said:
ah ! XD

LOL XD
oh God.. just give me the scene XD
i dont mind if there is some "moon light" or "a steve" ? -_-
Jul 7, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2011
Hell yeah! Monogatari is back! And with even more head tilts! It seems like only yesterday that Nise aired

SHAFT sure did a good job on this episode. Love the quality throughout, fanservice was good too. The interactions between characters are still sooooo interesting!

Cant wait for more!
Jul 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
As to be expected, Monogatari has had the best first episode this season imo. Can't wait to see more. The head tilts... Oh god, the head tilts.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Jul 7, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode from Monogatari :)
Jul 7, 2013 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
FUCKING BONER, GO BACK IN YOUR PLACE.

But seriously, this is why I love Shaft.

So, we don't know where that latin lover of Araragi is, and meanwhile Tsubasa and Senjougahara take a bath together. ok.jpg

Oh, I forgot to say, there is too much Tsubasa. :/
AkanezoraJul 7, 2013 11:41 AM
Jul 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Akanezora said:

So, we don't know where that latin lover of Araragi is, and meanwhile Tsubasa and Senjougahara take a bath together. ok.jpg

That's a good thing for me.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 7, 2013 12:32 PM

Jan 2012
Cabron said:
Akanezora said:

That's a good thing for me.

Same... It kinda is Neko:Shiro to open too, it's hard to do that without Tsubasa.
Jul 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
I can't really express my thoughts on this episode without sounding like a hopeless fanboy, but damn... that's why I love the Monogatari series and Shaft. Awesome episode, a lot of great moments between Senjougahara and Hanekawa. Also, I really really like longer hair on girls, that's why I was a bit turned-off by knowing S. cut her hair, but she looks hot as ever. So yeah... not disappointed, as expected.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 7, 2013 2:30 PM

Dec 2011
Senjougahara is completely on fire! Damn. She became way hotter this episode... although the out of character was not that interesting (for me at least).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2013 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Omg I hope they show the shower scene or at least add it in the BD :D
Jul 7, 2013 3:53 PM
May 2013
Amazing episode, nothing less expected from the Monogatari series ^^ My only question is - are we gona see Araragi-kun next episode? :3
Jul 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Monogatari is back! And tastier than before!

Will Senjougahara and Hanekawa ave a rachet girl fight in the parking lot for Araragi

Will Kanbaru show us even more skin than last season

Will we ever see that shower scene

Will the show get ANY DAMN BETTER!

Stay tuned and find out!
Jul 7, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2010
I finally realize what's missing in this episode! Where's my supercell ED? :( Second cour.. i hope...
Jul 7, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode and worth the wait. Fanservice is good as always and Mayoi is still so kawaiiii :3
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.