Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2013 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, not as much as action as I'd thought. Still decent episode especially in the beginning though with some of the action. Poor Captain ;.;

Oh and nice end art:
May 19, 2013 7:09 AM

Dec 2011
drama between amy & ledo

dat old man got heart attack .. lols

btw did MAL down a few minutes ago?
May 19, 2013 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
Damn if Ledo brought the hideauze with him, that thing sure has great adaptation abilities which make me think it might be man-made after all and that maybe it originate there.

Shit got realI don't think Chamber have enough fire power to fight the hideauze here on Earth. Soldier mode Ledo is so stubborn.

Seems Gagantia is in a pickle and the captain heart attack. Nice peaceful day might be over.
May 19, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
Oh, so its a whalesquid. Peaceful days are oveeeeeeeeeeeer.
onepineMay 19, 2013 10:36 AM
May 19, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2012
So they spend half the season to give Ledo humanity only for his old soldier persona to resurface and conflict with it...

What I find interesting is it could be argued Ledo's hatred for the Hideauze is even stronger now since he can properly process why his anger is there in the first place. Before he was just a soldier with a mission but now he has something to fight for and is emotionally invested with a personal vendetta(friends on Gargantia, himself, past comrades) even if it means separating himself from people who have come to care about him. This couldn't have happened if this was the Ledo from episode 1 or 2

Promo art of an underwater city has been released on the official website so I'm assuming Ledo ends up going with the salvage team. I've always had a huge fetish for underwater exploration and anything related to it(ruins, creatures, vistas, etc) so I can't wait for next week.

That was a crap ton of Hideauze! When they said "pod" I thought it was going to be like 10 or 20 max but that was a massive fleet. Was also very intrigued by Ledo saying they are only interested in advanced civilizations like other antagonistic species in sci-fi and fantasy( The Reapers from Mass Effect come to mind, hell they also look the same both being similar to squid)
HybridMBLMay 19, 2013 10:58 AM
May 19, 2013 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
I feel sorry for Ledo it not his fault that he automatic kill that whalesquid! His experience from war with Hideauze make him trauma and kill them.....TT^TT

BTW...Ledo got tanned now. His skin a bit darker from before.
>>>>
AoiMizuMay 19, 2013 10:49 AM

May 19, 2013 10:41 AM
Apr 2011
everyone on that fleet is stupid. just get out of ledos way and yes they seem similar to the reapers if they only target advanced civilization
May 19, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
So what in the world are they? I have doubt Ledo brought them with him I think it is the opposite. I can't really tell which side is right. They aren't attacking the humans unprovoked but like Ledo said it is only a matter of time.
May 19, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
I get so many Halo vibes from this anime I almost wonder if it was inspiration at all. The Hideauze in my mind are like the Flood. Chamber stated a few episodes back that the glowy things in the Sea Galaxies are nano-machines. This makes me believe humanity created them to stave off some sort of energy crisis. From there on I would think they somehow transformed or affected sea life which eventually became the Hideauze we now see in space.

Also, the fact that they're nanomachines would go along with why they only attack when attacked and their interest in advanced technology. Perhaps their lair is really what's left of the last, most advanced city on earth before the humans escaped.

But then again, this is all just speculation.

We see in the preview that people are leaving to go off on the treasure hunt, so I'm interested to see who takes over command in Gargantia.

And last but not least, Amy was so close to confessing! :( I wonder if her and her friends tag along or stay behind. :/
May 19, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
Nice I never noticed that Ledo got a tan. I really like small minor stuff like changing the character look based on their environment instead of only their personality.
The thing I dislike most about this anime is that I love is so much that if feels like the episodes are so sort because I find them to be so good. Can't wait for the next ep.
May 19, 2013 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
Whalesquid will not attack the fleet as they do not possessed a high technology. It seem like the whalesquid try to protect the earth. It feel like deja vu to me.. what anime use this kind of theme...=,= gurren langan??

Chamber: "Co-existence and co-prosperity"
that one a deep meaning for Ledo and me too.

Now I got it why next episode is Separation....Ledo will join Pinion and that white hair old-man and salvage at whalesquid lair which is a ruin and lost-technology city. Wonder this is separation with Amy or the fleet??
AoiMizuMay 19, 2013 11:12 AM

May 19, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2011
Well, shit went down all right. I feel bad for Amy. I hope they won't actually leave for the remainder of the season...
May 19, 2013 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
I think the Hideauze HUNT AFTER ENERGY not advanced civilizations thats why they went after the QUANTUM ENERGY of the Closer Pass bomb, HAVE A NEST ON SUPER RADIOACTIVE SUN that the Alliance can't attack behind also hence why Gargantia turns EVERYTHING OFF to --AVOID-- them.

I want the Alliance's Avalon to receive the signal and crashland on Earth while being attacked by the Hideauze since they lost the battle that decided the war. The main Avalon should be weakly defended due to that large commitment of ships in Ep 1. It would make sense that it'd take them until the end of the series too: Ledo's six month cold sleep plus the time he spent on Earth should be enough for a heavily damaged Avalon to get there then more pewpew
May 19, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2009
Finally some development instead of the slice of life and fanservice elements from the past few episodes.
Strawhat_PirateMay 19, 2013 11:13 AM
May 19, 2013 11:12 AM

Feb 2011
SHIT
JUST
GOT
REAL

Loved this ep , and it seems that the Fleet Commander is in trouble. Looks like a big pinch just popped up for Amy x Ledo too , he was pretty mad .
May 19, 2013 11:13 AM
Dec 2012
He made quite a bit of trouble again, which made the episode tense. lol

Dec 2009
How plot convenient was it for that fleet commander to have his heart attack at that exact moment.

-__-

But now I definitely think they'll find out humans started the war with the Hideauze/Walesquid and so they are to blame for their own situation.
Ara ara.
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
So what in the world are they? I have doubt Ledo brought them with him I think it is the opposite. I can't really tell which side is right. They aren't attacking the humans unprovoked but like Ledo said it is only a matter of time.

It was a little frustrating for me to watch this episode because I constantly want to pick a side. But I think that's a good thing, because it makes me really think about what each side is saying. It did make sense what Ledo said about just because it's safe now, doesn't mean it will be later on, especially when Gargantia probably won't be able to do anything if the whale squids/Hideauze attacks. Then again, they said that if you don't provoke a whale squid, then it won't do anything to you...hmm. I wonder if in space, who started the war first? Did the Hideauze attack the humans first or was it the other way around? Either way, I think they did a great job with the argument scenes, both sides are incredibly stubborn because they have their own experiences and can't see what the other side is saying.

Also, when the gigantic pod of whale squid started heading towards the fleet, my heart was pounding, even though I was pretty sure nothing was going to happen. Awesome job with the suspense.

AoiMizu said:

BTW...Ledo got tanned now. His skin a bit darker from before.

Oh wow nice job paying attention to details! It's little things like this that make me appreciate this anime ^^
May 19, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2010
eminagnam said:
He made quite a bit of trouble again, which made the episode tense. lol

It REALLY tense! 0,0 but I love it!
Can't wait for next episode..my heart is broken but YEAH!!!! LEDO!!! GO!!!
Don't cry Amy....*sob*

May 19, 2013 11:22 AM

Mar 2013
HA! if it was me there i couldn't care any less if it was whalesquid or hideauze
whalesquid??? : PEWPEW
hideauze???? : PEWPEWPEW
simple as that
May 19, 2013 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
The war probably started like most wars which is competition for resources in space but Earth is plentiful.

Maybe the Hideauze came to Earth for that very reason and war started but a losing human population fled into space and probably nuked half the planet just like scorched earth war tactics. The Earth froze for that reason.
May 19, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
FINALLY LEDO LEAVES!!!! WOOT. No more SOL.
May 19, 2013 11:30 AM

Jan 2008
No.

They keep repeating that they (his robot) don't know where Ledo is.
I bet that after his robot analysis the position they'll say that it is the native planet of Hideauze.
There where Ledo was fighting the very first episode.

And possibly this war which he was fighting has started at the time where he currently is.
Yes, he traveled in time.

ChinesePanda said:
The war probably started like most wars which is competition for resources in space but Earth is plentiful.

Maybe the Hideauze came to Earth for that very reason and war started but a losing human population fled into space and probably nuked half the planet just like scorched earth war tactics. The Earth froze for that reason.
May 19, 2013 11:34 AM
Aug 2011
I think I was holding my breath when the squid were passing below the fleet.
It was so tense.

Oh and Ledo has been tan for a couple of weeks now.
May 19, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2013
this is starting to get interesting.
May 19, 2013 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
A week is too long...
May 19, 2013 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
They didn't travel in time. Its clear because Chamber registers Earth as frozen but according to Gargantia legend, it happened a while ago.

While typing this, I guess maybe traveled into the future could be a possibility and the underwater civilization is a crash landed Avalon.
prosit said:
what if ledo did travel in time, and he was the one who started the whole war with the hideauze?

GDL-URAHARA said:
No.

They keep repeating that they (his robot) don't know where Ledo is.
I bet that after his robot analysis the position they'll say that it is the native planet of Hideauze.
There where Ledo was fighting the very first episode.

And possibly this war which he was fighting has started at the time where he currently is.
Yes, he traveled in time.

ChinesePanda said:

Y
May 19, 2013 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
I can feel your anger Ledo, it makes you stronger...hehe

Great episode. I was afraid they would make Ledo soft after spending some time with the Gargantia fleet. It was good to see he was still a soldier :)

And now that that useless captain is dying(hope so) I guess we are going to see lots of action on the next episode. After all it's not only Ledo who wants to kill the Hidauze/Whalesquid - looks like that blonde guy(Pinion) also wants revenge against the squids.
May 19, 2013 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
ChinesePanda said:

While typing this, I guess maybe traveled into the future could be a possibility and the underwater civilization is a crash landed Avalon.

hmm and the giant squid along with all the humans are survivors of Hideauze and Avalon when it crashed.
May 19, 2013 11:50 AM

Aug 2011
If Ledo traveled back in time and was the one that started the war this anime would be insanely retarded. It would be very illogical and ruin the entire anime for me.

Really interesting episode though, loved everything aside from the Fleet Commander getting a heart attack. That was dumb.
May 19, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
wow drama finally starting up. wonder how its going to go for now. and the fleet commander ;o
May 19, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
StrawHat_ said:
If Ledo traveled back in time and was the one that started the war this anime would be insanely retarded. It would be very illogical and ruin the entire anime for me.

Really interesting episode though, loved everything aside from the Fleet Commander getting a heart attack. That was dumb.

As people age they have health problems
May 19, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
This anime became more interesting! Can't wait for the next episode!~

May 19, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
They handled that better than I thought they would, I was expecting "LEDO NO BAKA" etc.
May 19, 2013 11:59 AM

May 2009
Hideauze obviously are interested in something that emits energy.
May 19, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
My wish was fulfilled: Pinion got a major role on the story (that finally is meeting my expectations).

I hope that this treasure thing get us some surprises.

The captain is dead
May 19, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
"My answer is... ugh heart attack" I lost interest in this show. Shame, it was interesting in first two episodes.
May 19, 2013 12:05 PM

Oct 2007
Finally back to the main drama!

Its understanding why Ledo went on a all kill against the Hideauze given what he's been trained to do as a soldier.

We will see if humans didn't bother to stop the Hideauze before they decided to attack humans or humans were the one who initiated the start of the war with the Hideauze.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2013 12:07 PM
Aug 2011
I also get the eerie feeling that Ledo has traveled in time instead of mere location. Whether his killing of the first whalesquid provoked the war or the fleet is comprised of eventual survivors of the war Ledo was fighting in the beginning...I can easily see either scenario playing out now.
May 19, 2013 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
StrawHat_ said:

I find this very unlikely because there is already evidence pointing that part of human kind traveled to the stars after whatever cataclism happened with the planet.
May 19, 2013 12:08 PM
Apr 2010
AoiMizu said:
evilcyber said:

btw did MAL down a few minutes ago?

Yes, MAL down for a while.

Man, I need to wait for sub to come out! *hold myself from watch RAW don't want to spoil my mood*

go to chia-anime, its subbed there
May 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2011
Cut this crap time travel things. Time travel sh1ts only will ruin the anime.
As you can see in the 1st episode, Ledo was attacked by Hideauze at that big wormhole. He killed that Hideauze but didn't catch the main fleet and throwed somewhere in the wormhole and thats why he is lost somewhere in the space.
Icebreaker93May 19, 2013 12:13 PM
May 19, 2013 12:11 PM

Jan 2010
prosit said:
how has chamber's battery not died yet?

I wonder what kind of power that Camber use to run of?

May 19, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2012
civilization said:
StrawHat_ said:

I think stress also played a factor because what happened the night before probably scared the shit out of him. When Fleet Commander Flange wanted to work together with Ledo, Pinion, and the people that work with him,it probably got him really mad and feared that they could endanger the lives and place of the people he loves.
May 19, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
prosit said:
how has chamber's battery not died yet?

Duracell

sorry, couldn't help it.

Nice episode, looks like the whale squids and the hidewhatchamacallit ARE related. I bet we find out how soon enough.

Ledo sounded and looked pretty indoctrinated with his hate for the spacesquids.
I hope it works out for Amy and Ledo =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 19, 2013 12:13 PM
Oct 2010
awwwww shit. suspenseful ep. shits gonna go down
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 19, 2013 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
The whale squid is probably a species to keep our species in check. For example in the jungle there's a fungus that attacks insects that overpopulate in order for other insects to have a chance to survive. If we overpopulate and our technology increases it will end up making the squid aggressive and it seems that their extreme rate of evolution counter attacks our speed of reproduction and collective learning. They can even survive in outer space! Tetrads are the only living organism that can withstand outer space conditions.
May 19, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode
May 19, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
I hope this anime won't kill too many characters.
May 19, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
penguindrum264 said:
civilization said:
StrawHat_ said:

I think stress also played a factor because what happened the night before probably scared the shit out of him. When Fleet Commander Flange wanted to work together with Ledo, Pinion, and the people that work with him,it probably got him really mad and feared that they could endanger the lives and place of the people he loves.

Even something like stress can cause someone to be sick, no matter how trivial it actually looks to people. Anxiety can contribute to high blood pressure. High blood pressure can lead to a heart attack, and it gets worse with age. So yeah, I'd hardly call something like an old man like the captain getting a heart attack to be something dumb. Convenient at just the right moment, sure, but not dumb.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.