Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kinda liked the OST of this episode.

Oh damn those cannons. Poor Ledo, having all those thoughts this episode. KUGEL. Oh boy.

Dat end card:
Jun 9, 2013 6:28 AM
Dec 2012
That explanation was interesting. And an intriguing development in the end. Wonder what he does next.
Jun 9, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2009
Jun 9, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2009
Damn my poor Japanese skills. I understood nothing of Chamber's explanation. ;_; And wait, Kugel is alive? Didn't he sacrifice in ep. 1 so Ledo can live? This is getting better and better.
Jun 9, 2013 6:45 AM

Jan 2010
Kugel is ALIVE?!!!!!!!!

Need sub!
I NEED SUB FOR THIS EPS NOW!!!!!!!

seriusly WTF?!!
AoiMizuJun 9, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 9, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
^ The end card somehow seems to me a bit amateurish both in terms of art and perspective/proportions...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2010
No action this time just show how Ledo situation after he learn the truth and at end show the Kugel robot with some weird clan. Maybe the Hideauze worship clan. Creepy! And remind me to native clan on earth in Sora o Kakeru Shoujo anime...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaJun 10, 2013 1:33 AM

Jun 9, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Oh my God, Kugel is alive :OO
Jun 9, 2013 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
Damn Pinion is out of control, but I guess he did have a point.

Get off it already Ledo, you are a soldier you obey orders, and it' s not the first time human are freaking killing each other.

I knew that Krugel was alive now things will get a little bit more interesting, and maybe Ledo would stop feeling sorry for himself.
Jun 9, 2013 9:37 AM

Jan 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:

I knew that Krugel was alive now things will get a little bit more interesting, and maybe Ledo would stop feeling sorry for himself.

And I always dream that Kugel will be ashore on earth with Ledo and kick off the life of soldier but, who know this thing turn out like this!

and we add more question in SnG,
-Who are those people with weird face deco?
-Why Kugel with them?

Jun 9, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Nice conversation(or one-sided explanation) between the two...

And I totally forgot who Kugel is before reading the posts here.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 9, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
I still don't know how they plan to end this in two episdoes...
Jun 9, 2013 10:32 AM

Apr 2007
hpulley said:

Film versions! :D

Jun 9, 2013 10:37 AM

May 2012
Chamber's Speech was amazing and well written. Loved this episode, this is how exposition is supposed to be done.
Jun 9, 2013 10:38 AM
Oct 2010
badass ep. chamber is sounding like kyubey -___-

cant see this having a happy ending. shit is going down
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 9, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
hpulley said:

it's 13+2(ova) episodes total. 60 minutes of 3 episodes are more than enough.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 9, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
Time for some Mech battling! They're gonna have to get out of that mist if they want to use light bugs to charge up their new LAZOR Who knows, maybe even Chamber needs sunlight. He was at what? 50 something percent power last episode?
Jun 9, 2013 10:50 AM

Jan 2010
DawnJ said:
hpulley said:

it's 13+2(ova) episodes total. 60 minutes of 3 episodes are more than enough.

Great! Now I can't wait for OVA!

Jun 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
The fleet that Kugel is with seems to be some kind of cult against Hideauze.
Jun 9, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
My Lord, Pinion is such a douchebag.
Jun 9, 2013 11:05 AM
Jan 2011
The OVAs won't continue the story. The promo for one of the OVAs showed a 15-year old Ridget plus a new female character.

Kugel had bad luck to end up with a weird cult. Will Ledo and him fight?
Jun 9, 2013 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
daisy23 said:

I have a vague feeling they created the cult around him. Some mysterious otherworldly weapon drops from the sky, and they vow to worship it till their dying breath. Or... something like that.
Jun 9, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, now I'm very curious how will Kugel react for the origin of the enemy :)

Jun 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2008
Ledo started spouting same hippie bullshit as some people on this forum. It was kind of sad the sole voice of reason came from an AI. Next episodes should be really intriguing. This series has a chance to be the best in this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Kinda meh episode for me. Funny how everyone just lets Pinion run everything, the guy seems to have lost his mind. Firing on any ship that gets close to them, looks like he is setting himself up to die soon im thinking. Ledo turned into an emo bitch, the solider needs to buck up or self denote himself inside chamber. Chambers speech at the end was the only highlight of the episode other than Kugel being on earth as well.

Hope its last couple episodes can finish strong somehow. Most disappointing series for me this year so far.
Jun 9, 2013 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
Felt like I was watching AVATAR.

So in the end, the final boss will be Ledo's captain, both were in a new planet with super technology and different direction.

Seeing dried squids in his fleet proved that he wanted to dominate the whole planet and kill all the whalesquids. Meanwhile Ledo will turn into a good guy after what he had done and realized that it was bad.
Jun 9, 2013 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
daisy23 said:
The OVAs won't continue the story. The promo for one of the OVAs showed a 15-year old Ridget plus a new female character.

Awww...too bad! No Ledo in OVA later...T,T

Jun 9, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, a bit slow paced. Looking forward to the next episode which will have more action.
Jun 9, 2013 11:31 AM
Aug 2011
Oh it's Kugel, that won't be pretty.

That feeling of just wanting to punch the crap out of Pinon. That's generally what i'm feeling like.
Jun 9, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
Great OST.
Slow episode, but it really fleshed out the story on Pinion's side and showed us the effect of the revelation of Ledo.

I can see a fight coming up between Kugel and Ledo. Cultists all looking the same with blank eyes is never a good sign.
Jun 9, 2013 11:33 AM
Oct 2010
niaxato said:
Kinda meh episode for me. Funny how everyone just lets Pinion run everything, the guy seems to have lost his mind. Firing on any ship that gets close to them, looks like he is setting himself up to die soon im thinking. Ledo turned into an emo bitch, the solider needs to buck up or self denote himself inside chamber. Chambers speech at the end was the only highlight of the episode other than Kugel being on earth as well.

Hope its last couple episodes can finish strong somehow. Most disappointing series for me this year so far.

-Pinion was the person who even came up with the plan go on the expedition, of course he runs everything. Also realize that the reason Pinion did what he did was to create a reputation of invincibility so no one would try to fight them.

-Of course ledo was in shock, he's was just killing "humans" and "human" babies by the dozens. Being brought up thinking that the hideauze was just some beast that threatened humanity, it would obviously be quite the shock to find out the truth and obviously he was re-evaluating himself and his mission at that point.

-Chamber's speech was great and Kugel being on earth was unexpected, I agree with you there.

I'm surprised this is your most disappointing series, other than the ridiculous fanservice eps I am enjoying it.
Jun 9, 2013 11:34 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Just listening to Pinion talk makes head hurt...this guy is way too annoying. Why the hell would he broadcast it to everyone that they've got control over the whalesquid territory? If he didn't, it would likely take a while before anyone found out since no one would want to approach it in the first place. Poor Ledo going through some intense internal conflict since his thoughts are now far from what he used to think. I'm surprised he knew what brainwashing is. But what is that at the end of the episode? Some crazy looking cult? o_o With Kugel??? :O Looking forward to what's going to happen between them two...I mean look at the whalesquid carcasses decorating their ships...
tingyJun 9, 2013 11:41 AM
Jun 9, 2013 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
I can conclude from this episode that Pinion is an idiot and his characterization is haphazard and pisses me off. I mean, firstly, why the hell would you broadcast a threatening "we got the treasure!" message to a bunch of ships when
A.) You don't have the treasure
B.) They shouldn't know about it until a better time arrives or gossip is spreading
C.) You don't even know what the treasure is
D.) Common sense!
And then he goes off and starts allowing a bunch of strangers he doesn't even know (moreover, strangers from pirate ships!) to his fleet just because of he wants to seem 'invincible'. Is he retarded? Does he not suspect at all that the pirate crew was faking it in order to release the captain afterwards as soon as they got close to the treasure and then they'd all take over Pinion's ship? Does he not realize that you can't trust people you just met, especially just based on their words, and just try to merge your co-workers with them like there's no disunity whatsoever?

What's worse is he's still continuing to harp on and on about his brother and it's so annoying! I see literally no depth in his bond with his brother. I feel nothing for him, towards him, or about him. They even tried to explain why he never talked about it before by throwing in a moment where Bellows remarks that he said it was just a 'dream'. I'm sorry, dreams don't work like that. And really, to just wrap it all up, he stamps himself with 'douchebag' by completely ignoring Ledo's current emotional state. Really, I just wish Pinion dies before this series ends.

Anyways, what did Chamber say? Did he just say that the Galactic Alliance didn't reach the conclusion that they had to destroy the Hideauze but the Yunboros (a.k.a. the other Chambers) decided this on their own? Or is Chamber saying that he reached a conclusion that the whalesquids needed to be annihilated since the arrived to Gargantia? I'm confused....

More importantly, how on Earth is Ledo's commander here? Wasn't that signal supposed to arrive in 2,000 something years? And seems like they updated their machinery as well...Well, at least I can finally look forward to the next episode. Hope that Urobuchi writes once again =)
SpiraiJun 9, 2013 11:40 AM
Jun 9, 2013 11:35 AM

Feb 2012
Ledo really pissed me off in this episode. He has had no problem killing other humans before; he literally vaporized the pirates at the beginning of the series. He well knows how dangerous the Hideauze are, even on Earth; the deference the people on Gargantia show the whalesquid is from fear, not admiration. I’ll be honest, my gut reaction when I learned the Hideauze were human is that they should destroyed. I’m really glad Chamber was able to talk some sense into Ledo because Chamber is right that fact the Hideauze are evolved humans make them an even greater threat.
Jun 9, 2013 11:36 AM
Nov 2009
Am I the only one who thinks Kugel is not there to be friendly
Jun 9, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2009
Phaetons_Folly said:
Ledo really pissed me off in this episode. He has had no problem killing other humans before; he literally vaporized the pirates at the beginning of the series.

Did you fucking skip episodes 3-8 or what?
Jun 9, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2009
Cloudseven said:
Am I the only one who thinks Kugel is not there to be friendly

Why would he be unfriendly? He is like Ledo before turning into emo boy and he is older so his believe of Hideauze annihilation is firmer, but the people he's hanging out with are kind of disconcerting though.
Jun 9, 2013 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
skudoops said:
niaxato said:

-Pinion was the person who even came up with the plan go on the expedition, of course he runs everything. Also realize that the reason Pinion did what he did was to create a reputation of invincibility so no one would try to fight them.

-Of course ledo was in shock, he's was just killing "humans" and "human" babies by the dozens. Being brought up thinking that the hideauze was just some beast that threatened humanity, it would obviously be quite the shock to find out the truth and obviously he was re-evaluating himself and his mission at that point.

-Chamber's speech was great and Kugel being on earth was unexpected, I agree with you there.

I'm surprised this is your most disappointing series, other than the ridiculous fanservice eps I am enjoying it.

I realize pinion was running salvage operation, but he is calling shots like he is commander of the fleet. Also, who discovers fantastic treasure, broadcasts it to the entire world, then says if you come near us you die and no one had a problem with that? These are the same people who were oh so sad Ledo killed the pirates who were going to rape and pillage them, now they have no problems firing on their own people? Whatever I guess, just seems like Pinion took a real dark turn a little to fast, but thats just me. As far as Ledo goes, he just sulks and doesnt say a word of what he has learned, not sure if I needed a whole episode of that, especially when there is only 2 left, but oh well.

I guess I should clarify, Oreimo 2 was my most disappointing series this year so far and the only anime I can think of in recent memory that I dropped halfway through while it was currently airing. So Suisei would be my second most disappointing this year. Really liked the first 2 episodes, but the next 5 or 6 of a space travelers slice of life on waterworld just wasnt for me. If you enjoy the series, more power to you
Jun 9, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
I'm expecting a mech battle next episode!

The speech given by Chamber was actually well-written; it made me think about the validity of it and the war between the Hideaze and Humans.
Jun 9, 2013 11:46 AM

Jul 2012
What Pinion did was actually a bit too much. He's forcing Ledo to do all of that, even fully knowing he was not up to it. Ledo just had a traumatizing experience, knowing he is not fighting aliens/monsters but an evolved human race. Even I would think my existence was made just to kill other humans if i were like that... Oh and lets not forget he made that broadcast to the entire sea, just to gather more attention to himself. And look who he attracted.. KUGEL
Though the ENDING!! KUGEL IS ALIVE AND ON THE ENEMY'S SIDE?! WILL THIS END IN A LEDO VS KUGEL DEATHMATCH?!
For some reason, after seeing Kugel, I have a sense that this would probably end in a tragedy. I don't know why, but I think either Ledo or Amy is going to end up dead or separated in a really horrible way, though it's a great anime.
Jun 9, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 9, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
Antanaru said:
Ledo started spouting same hippie bullshit as some people on this forum. It was kind of sad the sole voice of reason came from an AI. Next episodes should be really intriguing. This series has a chance to be the best in this season.

"Hippie bullshit"? Ledo just had a melt-down because he doesn't understand why he's fighting his own species just because the two disagree how humans should live and some idiotic shallow 'restoring our dignity' that Chamber preached. If anyone was the moronic one, it's whatever's been programmed into Chamber.
Jun 9, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2012
simply wow at the end..

Jun 9, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
Spirai said:
I mean, firstly, why the hell would you broadcast a threatening "we got the treasure!" message to a bunch of ships

To establish superiority. "We've killed all the squids (yes, those things people from this world used to fear of), so don't mess with us".

Phaetons_Folly said:
Ledo really pissed me off in this episode. He has had no problem killing other humans before; he literally vaporized the pirates at the beginning of the series..

In my dictionary that's called character development. Unless you missed half of the series, you can see that, throughout the slice of life episodes, Ledo actually learns to interact and empathize with other humans.

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Jun 9, 2013 11:53 AM

Nov 2012
Cronosmu said:
Spirai said:
I mean, firstly, why the hell would you broadcast a threatening "we got the treasure!" message to a bunch of ships

To establish superiority. "We've killed all the squids (yes, those things people from this world used to fear of), so don't mess with us".

And that is still an idiotic move because of reasons A through D. Pinion is not fit to be a leader of any sorts.
Jun 9, 2013 11:57 AM
Oct 2010
niaxato said:

I realize pinion was running salvage operation, but he is calling shots like he is commander of the fleet. Also, who discovers fantastic treasure, broadcasts it to the entire world, then says if you come near us you die and no one had a problem with that? These are the same people who were oh so sad Ledo killed the pirates who were going to rape and pillage them, now they have no problems firing on their own people? Whatever I guess, just seems like Pinion took a real dark turn a little to fast, but thats just me. As far as Ledo goes, he just sulks and doesnt say a word of what he has learned, not sure if I needed a whole episode of that, especially when there is only 2 left, but oh well.

I guess I should clarify, Oreimo 2 was my most disappointing series this year so far and the only anime I can think of in recent memory that I dropped halfway through while it was currently airing. So Suisei would be my second most disappointing this year. Really liked the first 2 episodes, but the next 5 or 6 of a space travelers slice of life on waterworld just wasnt for me. If you enjoy the series, more power to you

It was to create a reputation of invincibility, I think he rather let everyone know not to mess with them than people eventually finding out and they constantly being attacked by pirates.

Also during the battle when they had disabled two ships and Pinion wanted to test the new cannon, don't you remember at the surprise of the other crew members when Pinion said to keep firing on them and sink them even though they suspected that they were out of ammunition?

About ledo, he was simply reflecting upon his actions, his mission and ultimately his purpose in light of the newly acquired information. The problem is, he really has no one to confide in but chamber, as for the most part, Pinion is the only person he knows well on that ship and he's too busy worrying about the treasure, and I doubt he'd believe ledo anyway.

Oh and about the enjoyment thing, I was just surprised that's all, if you find it disappointing that's fine.
Jun 9, 2013 12:00 PM
Oct 2010
Yep, this screams bloodbath.

And one of the first to go will be Pinion (if not the first)... setting all those death flags as if he was immortal or something.
AjunkyJun 9, 2013 12:08 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 9, 2013 12:02 PM
Oct 2010
Spirai said:
Antanaru said:

"Hippie bullshit"? Ledo just had a melt-down because he doesn't understand why he's fighting his own species just because the two disagree how humans should live and some idiotic shallow 'restoring our dignity' that Chamber preached. If anyone was the moronic one, it's whatever's been programmed into Chamber.

Actually Chamber is 100% correct. The purpose of his speech was to tell ledo why exterminating the Hideauze was still necessary and his reasoning cannot honestly be refuted.

He basically said that civilization separates man from other primates, and that humans overcome their limits by using their intelligence. However the Hideauze are different, they do not have the limitations of the human body yet possess the human intellect, such a species would eventually dominate and result in the extinction of the human race.
Jun 9, 2013 12:04 PM

Feb 2009
What's wrong with you people?! Last week you guys want Chamber to be the last boss and now it is Kuegel even though that kind of fight wouldn't make any sense whatsoever!

There is nothing mentioned that Kuegel is the enemy here, like Ledo he was killing Hideauze even though it seems he might have been worshiped like a god.
Jun 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
Pinion, you just too greedy! Hope you died in next episode...

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.