Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2013 8:17 PM

Dec 2012
I am actually a little anxious as to what the fight next episode will bring. I don't wanna see anyone from their training group die, let alone get killed so soon!

Overall this episode is where shit hits the fan. Cannot wait the 7 day period between now and episode 5
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Apr 27, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
This:

Known as humanity's most powerful soldier, the guy is a clean-freak. While it is said that he is blunt and unapproachable, it is noted that he has a strong respect for structure and discipline. The rumors are that he was originally part of underground crime before he became a soldier. He often comes off as unfriendly, but he cares for his team deeply and has never undervalued human life, thereby earning him the most popular character in Shingeki no Kyojin polls.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
Hoping this crap is the result of focusing most of the effort on the cooler scenes.. not sure i'd accept it otherwise..

Wow... half-assed faces, didn't even notice, I could do a far better job...

Highlights of the episode!
- Rivalle makes his first appearance!
- Annie is a badass, evoked some thoughts in Eran
- Blaming Sasha, lol, at least she got her bread
- A wild Colossal Titan suddenly appears!

Onward to next week! Where the series finally begins!

Also, something I didn't notice before,
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 27, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
The next episode preview is pretty interesting.

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Tyrel said:
shanimebib said:
Darklight0303 said:
IF0xI said:
Somebody please explain HOW IN THE DAMN HELL THAT TITAN POP OUT OF NOWHERE WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING???

It's a major spoiler! So sit your ass down and enjoy the ride. It will make sense in the end

Why do you say it would make a sense? You can say it will be shown, but it possibly can't make sense.

Because it will make sense within the next 1-2 most likely 2 episode.

Okay. That means I don't have to wait much longer. Now that's good to know!

AshtonClaude said:
shanimebib said:
Darklight0303 said:
IF0xI said:
Somebody please explain HOW IN THE DAMN HELL THAT TITAN POP OUT OF NOWHERE WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING???

It's a major spoiler! So sit your ass down and enjoy the ride. It will make sense in the end

Why do you say it would make a sense? You can say it will be shown, but it possibly can't make sense.

collosal titan is

but okay I will tell you the spoiler :

But didn't Sasha steal the meat from an officer? That is indeed some pissed off officer then. Haha.

Though I think the Lightning was a bit over the top because in the Manga it doesn't show any Lightning except for the Colossal Titan appearing.

Also, I really hope non-manga readers aren't reading that spoiler that guy posted without a tag..
TachiiApr 28, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2012
antonn said:
IF0xI said:

This actually makes so much sense
Apr 27, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
This:

Known as humanity's most powerful soldier, the guy is a clean-freak. While it is said that he is blunt and unapproachable, it is noted that he has a strong respect for structure and discipline. The rumors are that he was originally part of underground crime before he became a soldier. He often comes off as unfriendly, but he cares for his team deeply and has never undervalued human life, thereby earning him the most popular character in Shingeki no Kyojin polls.

I really like him too.
Apr 27, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2010
Oh I love Sasha...that save she made was awesome!
Can't wait for next week, looks like there's going to be a lot of action.
Jan 2013
That ending was completely unexpected. I had chills the entire time. We saw the old cliche (but in this case well handled) gathering of the hero and his company, but there's none of the expected deliberation. Instead, the writer said, "let's see just how convicted these characters are." Great story telling technique, and a great moment to let Eren shine. Whew. The stakes just skyrocketed.

There were so many ways the creators could have handled this. I was expecting Eren and co. to take the fight to the titans, and for there to be some build up to it. But episode 4's ending was realistic and convincing and fantastic. Life doesn't wait for you to make the first move, it comes at the most unexpected time and you'd better be ready. Eren is ready. He has conviction. Who doesn't love conviction? Are his friends ready though?

As always, Mikasa is a pleasure to watch. She's surprisingly witty, and otherwise steady and adept. A very desirable lady. And who doesn't love the genius?
ArtificialxSkyApr 27, 2013 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
When Eren is like "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!" ... bro that Voice Actor is fkn amazing

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH
Apr 27, 2013 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
That felt like 5 minutes.
Apr 27, 2013 8:29 PM

Oct 2010
Kills me that I gotta wait a whole week for the next ep.
Apr 27, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
ibrahim2712 said:
When Eren is like "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!" ... bro that Voice Actor is fkn amazing

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated
Apr 27, 2013 8:31 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome. Cannot wait for next week!

Defend the town... fuck yeahhh.
Apr 27, 2013 8:34 PM

May 2012
GodlyKyon said:
ibrahim2712 said:

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated

Yeap , he is hated. Haters gonna hate
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 27, 2013 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
ibrahim2712 said:

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

"PREPARE FOR BATTLE GLORY"
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 27, 2013 8:39 PM
Dec 2011
so epic the ending got me pumped can't wait till next weeks episode
Apr 27, 2013 8:41 PM

Apr 2009
Man, they cut out Hanji's lines? And I was so looking forward to hearing how she is voiced.

Oh well, at least they gave us Levi lines.
Apr 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
shanimebib said:
Darklight0303 said:
IF0xI said:

It will be somewhat explained...somewhat. The thing is, even in the manga, the people don't know much about the titans, and we're on the same boat as them.
yeah, I doubt they will have a proper explanation in this season. Hopefully a second season will properly explain it...when its it's properly explained in the manga.
Apr 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
I'm glad Eren isn't bratty anymore. His speeches are pretty awesome.
Apr 27, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
next week should be one hell of an episode.

might see if another action anime even comes close to ttgl.
SNK has the potential
Apr 27, 2013 8:53 PM

Apr 2008
I knew that ending was coming but I still got chills. That was so awesome.

Breath||
Apr 27, 2013 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
OMG!Levi!
Love to see the action next episode.
Apr 27, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2009
You guys missed the advertisement for the new live action version at the end of the episode.

Apr 27, 2013 8:56 PM
Nov 2012
I WANT FULL TIME DEDICATION ON NEXT EPISODE OKAY! OR ELSE ILL CRY because im really looking forward to awesome battling scenes from this anime. Its so good I cant believe it
Apr 27, 2013 8:59 PM
Jun 2012
I love how Eren man'd up.
That's a soldier.

I can barely wait for the next episode.

Potato-tan still best girl.
Apr 27, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode, but how come they didnt show them training with the "steam equipment" ? I know they did the rope thing but wouldnt that require some training or atleast let us know how it works?
Apr 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Apr 2009
GenuineAnime said:
Great episode, but how come they didnt show them training with the "steam equipment" ? I know they did the rope thing but wouldnt that require some training or atleast let us know how it works?

I think it's implying that it's quite tricky, since it took them two years to reach a competent level.

Not to mention because it's literally impossible (speaking in regards to physics) to do it in real life, it's better if in-depth explanations of the 3DMG are left to a minimum.
Apr 27, 2013 9:03 PM
Dec 2008
wtf how does that colossal titan thing just appear out of nowhere
Apr 27, 2013 9:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GenuineAnime said:

The steam is basically the emissions from the fuel that they use for the 3D maneuver gear to work
Apr 27, 2013 9:05 PM

Oct 2012
I think they should have made the colossal titan's face kind of like, emerge from the smoke, rather than just making it appear like that, but it was still freaking awesome
Apr 27, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
Side characters I don't want to die:
Springer, Connie
Braus, Sasha
Braun, Reiner

Can't wait to see Eren kick some ass in the next Sunday
Apr 27, 2013 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
kaena said:

kaena said:

One of Goku's future children. After many successive evolutions though, the Oozaru form is now as you see it: skinless human. And it activates during the day (sun) instead of the moon. He appeared using Instant Transmission.

As for this episode? Furking amazing.
Apr 27, 2013 9:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
I think they should have made the colossal titan's face kind of like, emerge from the smoke, rather than just making it appear like that, but it was still freaking awesome

Yeah I didn't realize there was lightning strike when it appears? It didn't seem that way in the manga or maybe I'm just unobservant.
Apr 27, 2013 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
Good shit.

Sasha <33333
Kobayashi's voice amazes me once again.

Yeah, Kobayashi a.k.a Sasha's seiyuu.
standApr 27, 2013 9:19 PM
Apr 27, 2013 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Yeah I didn't realize there was lightning strike when it appears? It didn't seem that way in the manga or maybe I'm just unobservant.
lol, I don't think there was lightning in the manga

Aug 2010
Great episode.

For those who are inquiring about the Colossal Titan's sudden appearance via lightning:

I will actually list it for you. However, I have to say now that it is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER and could RUIN your ENJOYMENT for the entire series.

If you still wish to hear it, then click on the following spoiler tag (I've used two tags just in case people click it by accident).

「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」

Nov 2012
Amarrez said:
GenuineAnime said:

I think it's implying that it's quite tricky, since it took them two years to reach a competent level.

Not to mention because it's literally impossible (speaking in regards to physics) to do it in real life, it's better if in-depth explanations of the 3DMG are left to a minimum.
tingy said:
GenuineAnime said:

The steam is basically the emissions from the fuel that they use for the 3D maneuver gear to work

Yeah but I think they missed a big step in showing how they trained with it. Not full episode but atleast a quick briefing on how they are supposed to put it. Still love the episode but it just lost some points with that missing peace.
Apr 27, 2013 9:10 PM

Jan 2009
kaena said:

you want to be spoiled? or wait and see?

animation quality drop significantly again in this episode, but looks like next episode they will animate it better, its the beginning of war!!! prepare for a lot of action!!!

Nov 2006
The OST continues to blow me away. Just so incredibly good. June 28th please hurry.
Also love how the Eren eye closeups don't appear to be slowing down.

shanimebib said:
This:

Site Admin
Aug 2012
parfaited said:
Good shit.

Sasha <33333

Oh I thought that was Aimee Blackschleger? :O Maybe I'm wrong. But her English is much better than Kobayashi Mika's lol

AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

lol, I don't think there was lightning in the manga

Thought so...
Apr 27, 2013 9:13 PM

Jul 2011
windy said:
shanimebib said:
This:

Not blush Levi, it's just the true.
Apr 27, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
parfaited said:
Good shit.

Sasha <33333

Oh I thought that was Aimee Blackschleger? :O Maybe I'm wrong. But her English is much better than Kobayashi Mika's lol
I think he's talking about sasha's voice actor, not mika
Apr 27, 2013 9:14 PM
Mar 2013
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Agreed...Well technically it SHOULD'VE been like that(manga version).

Minor details(like "poofing" colossal titan) aside, this was on par with the first episode which was EPIC. Eren's VA and his actions don't seem that bratty either which is good.
Oct 2012
good. lord. that last part looked so awesome, i cannot wait for the town battle
this is going to be epic, i really like the speed of the scenes in which the 3d maneuver gear is used
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:
parfaited said:
Good shit.

Sasha <33333

I think he's talking about sasha's voice actor, not mika

OH LOL I'm an idiot. I totally didn't see the Sasha up right above :D Thanks for clearing that up ^^
Apr 27, 2013 9:15 PM

Nov 2009
Tommk said:
GodlyKyon said:
ibrahim2712 said:

SOOO EPIC AHHHHHHH

too bad he is hated

Yeap , he is hated. Haters gonna hate

This is Yuki's ever first character that I truly like though.
Apr 27, 2013 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
Farvahar said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Agreed...Well technically it SHOULD'VE been like that(manga version).

Minor details(like "poofing" colossal titan) aside, this was on par with the first episode which was EPIC. Eren's VA and his actions don't seem that bratty either which is good.
idk, in the manga, the colossal titan just appears in the next panel, so I don't really know how to compare it
Apr 27, 2013 9:21 PM

May 2012
DAT ENDING MAN! So sick! Go Eren! Massacre them! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 27, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't think things would blow up this fast..but then again, theres already been a timeskip. Still, wow. Loving it so far though. Have been wanting some fast paced action anime thats not all about ecchi or schoollife.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.