Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this girl seems kinda cold imo:

The episode was funny in the second half. Yoshiteru was definitely fun to watch with his voice and acting. Well actually now that I think about it, I think he's the one that spotlighted this episode in this episode :p
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:41 AM
Apr 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
So it appears Yoshiteru has that chunni disease. I agree he made this pretty funny to watch.
Apr 11, 2013 3:29 PM
Oct 2009
Oh, more cliches. Great. Oh, there's a chuunibyou white-haired Hirano Kouta (same seiyuu, too). Teacher is still a violent b*tch, Yukinoshita is still coldly blunt. That's it.

I had very low expectations for this anime, but it doesn't even reach those low expectations. Get it together, Oregairu. How about giving Hachiman a personnality or something? How about bringing a little bit of that thing called originality on the table, please. Is this really a comedy? I only vaguely smiled one time (when chuunibyou white-haired Hirano Kouta made the kekkai) and that's it... Sure, humour varies from person to person, but if at least the "jokes" had some originality to them....
Apr 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
So there's a long hair girl who's popular (thought so, Inoue-san), and the girl from last ep. tries her best to be friend with her.

lol @ new guy who is Chuunibyou based on history. So Hachiman was also Chuunibyou like "Chuuunibyou (anime)". Wow @ their comments on his story.

Who's that grey hair person (boy? girl?) appeared at the end?

Tennis next ep.?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 11, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2011
The part that I like about this anime is when Hikigaya gives his thoughts. His extreme criticism and tsukkomi on social is funny to watch.
The problem that I find with Oregairu is that all the characters are stereotypes. Basically, this is largely influence by other materials; original level 0.
Apr 11, 2013 10:24 PM
Jul 2011
I think Hachiman will eventually end up with Yukino.
Apr 11, 2013 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
Well, that was a pretty awesome episode.
On a side note, the ratings for show are pretty low, and it sure as hell doesn't deserve it.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 11, 2013 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure this series will ever delve into romance (despite what the title suggests), but rather I think it'll be personal development-focused. This series should be pretty decent though.
Apr 12, 2013 12:49 AM
Aug 2012
tezann_t said:
I'm not sure this series will ever delve into romance (despite what the title suggests), but rather I think it'll be personal development-focused. This series should be pretty decent though.

I read the LN to vol 6 and pretty much this.
Apr 12, 2013 6:04 AM

May 2012
I like the OP :)
Apr 12, 2013 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
Hikky would be the most lazy bear in existence if he got reincarnated into one

The episode this week was a mixed bag for me but I still enjoy Hikky and Yuigahama as characters a lot. I just didn't find the halves all that interesting or funny as opposed to the first ep. However, Hikky trying to defend Yui but backing out after getting told off by the ojou-sama got a chuckle out of me.

How is that teacher still single!? Though I guess I can understand because she reminds me of one of my old teachers in high school who was considered very attractive but also had no luck with men.
HybridMBLApr 12, 2013 6:19 AM
Apr 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2011
nice episode
Apr 12, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2012
Suzie said:
I had very low expectations for this anime, but it doesn't even reach those low expectations. Get it together, Oregairu. How about giving Hachiman a personnality or something?
I think Hachiman has got his personality quite clear-cut in these two episodes. From his monologues we know his life philosophy and his view towards people surrounding him. Over time we can see he is not that fully cynical but is still not opening himself, though we have seen him gradually start to engage other people. This all looks like personality to me.

Suzie said:
How about bringing a little bit of that thing called originality on the table, please. Is this really a comedy? I only vaguely smiled one time (when chuunibyou white-haired Hirano Kouta made the kekkai) and that's it... Sure, humour varies from person to person, but if at least the "jokes" had some originality to them....
I don't know about you, but I find the criticism of light novel (and OreGairu is itself a light novel no less) pretty original, and funny too, particularly the various things Yukino pointed out that are fairly common in light novels but yet can be a turn-off for uninformed readers. The last part by Hachiman saying that "contents are not important, the most important is the illustrations" gives me the biggest laugh of the whole episodes. Granted only the second half of the episode is comedy so I can see there are fewer funny moments than expected this time.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 6:37 AM
Feb 2012
LoL at gaogaigar references
Apr 12, 2013 7:02 AM
Oct 2009
symbv said:
I think Hachiman has got his personality quite clear-cut in these two episodes. From his monologues we know his life philosophy and his view towards people surrounding him. Over time we can see he is not that fully cynical but is still not opening himself, though we have seen him gradually start to engage other people. This all looks like personality to me.

Well, yeah, I guess he has a personnality, but he just seems to really lack any sort of depth. Like, I've seen this type of character many, many times before (Kodaka from Haganai, Houtarou from Hyouka...) but he's not nearly as interesting as those (and Kodaka isn't really all that interesting imo lol). I don't hate the guy or anything, he's just um.. plain.

symbv said:
I don't know about you, but I find the criticism of light novel (and OreGairu is itself a light novel no less) pretty original, and funny too, particularly the various things Yukino pointed out that are fairly common in light novels but yet can be a turn-off for uninformed readers. The last part by Hachiman saying that "contents are not important, the most important is the illustrations" gives me the biggest laugh of the whole episodes. Granted only the second half of the episode is comedy so I can see there are fewer funny moments than expected this time.

Hmm well yeah, humour does vary from person to person, so I can't really argue about what made you laugh lol. But I do agree, criticism of light novels is something I don't think I've seen much before.
Apr 12, 2013 7:06 AM

Jan 2011
So, the spineless girl tries to man up and grow balls to match her boobs. Nice.
While the male lead keeps being utter loser. Sad story.
He needs development soon, else it will be another generic crap of a MC and ruin the show.
Apr 12, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
Suzie said:
Well, yeah, I guess he has a personnality, but he just seems to really lack any sort of depth. Like, I've seen this type of character many, many times before (Kodaka from Haganai, Houtarou from Hyouka...) but he's not nearly as interesting as those (and Kodaka isn't really all that interesting imo lol). I don't hate the guy or anything, he's just um.. plain.
True, but the interesting thing is I can see there are differences in the personality between Kodaka, Houtarou and Hachiman. Hachiman is a lot more cynical than the other two for example. And of course he being not interesting (and how uninteresting he is I'd say varies from person to person) does not equal to he having no personality, unless you mean "personality" as meaning only strong and sharp character.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2010
lovely episode :)
Apr 12, 2013 7:50 AM
Sep 2011
The nonsense the three main characters are spouting is utterly cringe-worthy. Hachiman continues to delude himself with excuses for not having friends, Yui is unable to to get her sentiments across comprehensibly and Yukino just comes across as haughty and snotty during her rantings instead of appearing as the misunderstood but kind-hearted girl the teacher tries to depict her as.
Though it does make it belivable why none of them are in a healthy relationship, it worries me that the show seems like it tries to play their shallowness straight.
EudaimoniaApr 12, 2013 7:55 AM
Apr 12, 2013 7:52 AM

Mar 2010
Anyone else likes that the harem in this anime isn't ''forced''? The girls might like him but they are not clingy,
also the story keeps the flow
and characters have nice quotes and good build-up so far.

ROOOARRR said:
The nonsense the three main characters are spouting is utterly cringe-worthy. Hachiman continues to delude himself with excuses for not having friends, Yui is unable to to get her sentiments across comprehensibly and Yukino just comes across as haughty and snotty during her rantings instead of appearing as the misunderstood but kind-hearted girl the teacher tries to depict her as.
Though it does make it belivable why none of them are in a healthy relationship.

if they were all buddy buddy so fast it would be boring. I like their personalities as they are right now :D
Apr 12, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2011
Nice Bakuman reference, lol.

Another really nice episode. The conversations are still very entertaining. :)
Apr 12, 2013 8:02 AM
Oct 2009
symbv said:
]True, but the interesting thing is I can see there are differences in the personality between Kodaka, Houtarou and Hachiman. Hachiman is a lot more cynical than the other two for example. And of course he being not interesting (and how uninteresting he is I'd say varies from person to person) does not equal to he having no personality, unless you mean "personality" as meaning only strong and sharp character.

Yeah, good point. I certainly think it's ok for characters to be weak and/or cynical. But I guess, even though the stuff Hachiman says is cynical, I can't take him seriously as such for now. Maybe it's just way too obvious he wants friends and stuff and the way he'll "develop" is kinda... predictable? I haven't read the LN though and I do hope I'm wrong, and I'm not dropping the series so easily cause I still have some hope lol.
Apr 12, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2011
Nobuyuki Hiyama is boss. And err... yeah. Not sure I'll watch this till the end, but at least he made me smile.
Apr 12, 2013 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode,enjoyed every bit of it! Does anyone knows how many light novels are going to get covered by 12 episodes?
Apr 12, 2013 8:09 AM

Mar 2013
Cool more new characters are coming into the picture!

Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 12, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2012
Kuma ni naritai. -Hikki
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 12, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Uhm was that some of his past we saw? Bike falling, dog on road/sidewalk etc.
Apr 12, 2013 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
tirthasg said:
Amazing episode,enjoyed every bit of it! Does anyone knows how many light novels are going to get covered by 12 episodes?

With the upcoming tennis scene being the last chapter of vol 1, if the pacing is consistent then it will end at vol 4, if not 5.

Tyrel said:
Uhm was that some of his past we saw? Bike falling, dog on road/sidewalk etc.

A flashback, and it's linked to a certain someone. ;)

I personally think that the scenes are more comprehensible only if you have read through the novels, so it might sometime appear off-putting or senseless to those that didn't.
Apr 12, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting to see how Hachiman further explains how he has passed through his life. We also see some chuunibyou reference. I'm liking their personalities and it will be very interesting to see how that develops.

Looking forward to next episode!!!

5/5

Apr 12, 2013 9:16 AM

Feb 2012
Even if it feels like a cliche romantic comedy setup, the characters are interesting to watch, and I liked how the main heroine just cut down the blonde girl with no remorse. This show will be fun to watch
Apr 12, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2011
Ahahaha. Loving this anime even more! Zaimokusa is voiced by the seiyuu of Viral of TTGL! Dang!!

Ooh, Hachiman has a scene on some sort of accident. I am assuming he might have a friend that was involved in the accident with him that they broke their friendship or the accident is the reason why Hachiman is the forever alone guy we know.

Love the scene where Hachiman surprises the hell out of Yukino and Yui by just saying "what are you doing?"! Can't wait to see more characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2013
half23 said:
LoL at gaogaigar references

Dimension Driver = Dimension Pliers
Gungnir Hammer = Goldion Hammer

It's funny when it is done by the same seiyuu as Gai.
Apr 12, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2010
Decent Episode.... Loved the fact that it also had a case of chuunibyou....

3.5/5
Apr 12, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
There was to much arrogance in the first part of this episode to the point where it annoyed me.
The second part was better though.

That guy really has issues but was funny to look at.
I was expecting something from the critique they would mention but it was rather soft in my MAL career i bashed some of the anime out there much worse.
Apr 12, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
I watched both episodes in one go and this series seems pretty interesting. It feels a little bit like Oreshura and Hanagai through the character interactions although the art isn't as nice but it has it's charm. I will keep following this one for now.
Apr 12, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
1st ep was better for sure, but I'll still keep watching given all the little hints that were droped to what we might see in the future...still12 eps and given how long the LN's are...will be rushed or 2s.
Apr 12, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
This motherfucker's worse than Rikka haha.
Apr 12, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
The main character has a past case of chuunibyou just like Eita from Oreshura and Yuuta. It's in every season now.

I think I'll like this as much as Oreshura.
Apr 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Hmmmmmm.

Apr 12, 2013 11:45 AM

May 2012
Arrggg another chuunibyou, i had enough of this T_T..
their club is like sket dance.. :D
anyways like this ep..

Apr 12, 2013 12:10 PM
Aug 2011
Much better than the first episode. Loved how Yukino told that blonde girl off.

Though I don't know if i'll stick around for the whole season.

Shirubaasouru said:
Kuma ni naritai.

Me too.
Apr 12, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
I liked the ep, seems like this series isn't impressing too many people though, ah well.

I'm glad the Chuunibyou character wasn't obsessed with anime, that's been done so much recently.

Why is Yui even friends with Miura >_> and I wonder if Yukino has feeling for (or some kind of history) with Hayama, her reaction when he told them to calm down was rather unexpected.
Apr 12, 2013 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
New character introduced. He's got chuunibyou and writers syndrome...and must be a masochist if he wants Yukino to critic his work again.
He's hilarious.

Yukino keeps escalating the level of awesomeness.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Apr 12, 2013 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
MrChoas said:
I like the OP :)

He's a bit of a coward but other than that I also like him. Pretty funny episode though I'm a little tired o hearing about 8th grade syndrome. So fa this anime is going well.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 12, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Another show suffering from second episode syndrome this season. While first episode was interesting to 'read' thanks to more or less witty character interaction, now I completely didn't care what's going on. Pretty much nothing happened like in a filler episode. Third episode might decide if there's any point continuing to watch it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 12, 2013 12:42 PM
Jan 2011
decent episode. bear man was pretty harsh with his critique, but it was pretty funny. i still don't get why almost every woman has to be so mean to the male lead. but i guess that's normal for anime.
Apr 12, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Definitely among the best for this season. I really like Yukino for some reason.
Apr 12, 2013 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Easily becoming one of my favourite anime shows this season, everything else is kinda boring to me. Yukinoshita is awesome.
Apr 12, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
Yui so cutee <3 :3
Apr 12, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty good episode, had some laughs and even though it's very slow at least it appears that the MC is slowly changing by attempting to help Yui.

Looks like we got a new girl coming into the field at the end there, wonder why exactly she wants Hachiman to join the tennis club, from what the preview at least shown.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.