Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
Akane! D:
Mar 5, 2013 9:09 PM
May 2012
Did Kougami sees a ghost or something? Everytime he passes by after what we seen first at the end of EP17, he always see Makishima right before his eyes.
JafriZinMar 5, 2013 9:17 PM
Mar 6, 2013 12:03 AM
Mar 2009
Haha, "archaic" message boards.

Lots of connecting Shinya and Shogo personality similarities moments. Shinya became so obsessed he can now even tell whose literary work Shogo would quote from? Holy shit.

Yayoi had two lines this episode...In the past few weeks, I bet she said less than 10 lines of dialogue. Lol.

Excited to see the hunt begin next episode and what Kasei has in store for Akane.
Mar 6, 2013 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, but I think lately there is one thing that really starts to irritate me.
During some of the past episodes it was always Kougami making just the right guesses to basically everything Makishima plotted, so far I was ok with that, he is a pretty claver guy to begin with, but in this episode Kougami just came up with Makishima's complete plan just out of nowhere.
It's a little doubtful that you can come up with a plan like that just after a little research. And I'm pretty sure, that what they came up with is exactly what Makishima is plotting anyway.
So I really hope that these spot-on guesses will stop.
Mar 6, 2013 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
Loved the short scene between Akane and Shion. That girl definitely needed to let out some long-suppressed feelings!

And Shion was just being her usual, awesome and sexy self <3
cladinpinkMar 6, 2013 9:45 AM
Mar 8, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
No idea why so many people dislike episodes about talking. I feel they add much depth and successfully raises the tension before the storm.

SagaraYuzuru said:
I get the feeling that Psycho-Pass won't end after episode 22. It seems there will be a second season, but I could be wrong.

Don't see how there could be a second season. I DO feel they need some more episodes after 22 but probably 26 at max, but since that's impossible I hope they wrap it up nicely.
Mar 8, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2009
ClawViper7 said:
No idea why so many people dislike episodes about talking. I feel they add much depth and successfully raises the tension before the storm.

Totally agree. Those episodes are more interesting.
Mar 10, 2013 10:10 AM

Jun 2011
Kougami and the Professor coming across a random post on a message board and figuring out Makishima's next move seem like some kind of divine intervention.
Mar 17, 2013 10:35 PM
May 2012
Ok so what is hyper-oats anyway?
Mar 17, 2013 10:40 PM
Aug 2010
Didn't I say that everyone's gonna die? This is a Gen Urobuchi work.
Mar 29, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
Oh Karanomori, so chill in the lab~

Well, she's smoking constantly xD

"They all look like jokes to me."
"Then find the joke you think the funniest."

One of the most epic quotes ever.

I liked also how Kougami knew how would Makishima act if he was present in that house.
The explanation of Makishima's viewpoint was also done well.
Apr 10, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
I like the professor.
Apr 14, 2013 3:16 AM
Jul 2018

"There's nothing good about Sibyl." Right, right. The Sibyl System marked the professors as useless because they can be measured by Psycho-Pass. But still. Still. The laws here are really getting on my nerves. F*** Sibyl System and those BRAINS. Made me want to side with Makishima Shogo. He was alienated because he can't be measured. The ending. The Sibyl System will tell everything to Akane! WHY HER? Because her Psycho-Pass is very, very clear?
Apr 14, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2009
I bet you all want safe, happy world, free of danger.
So, Sibyl does its job well.
May 26, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2012
Interesting stuff I already feel a buildup for the end, lets see what happens next! The ending sure was great!
Jun 23, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Ginoza will probably end up like his dad once this case is over. He’s becoming obsessive and tired of everyone leaving him behind as he told his dad.

Saiga realizes Kougami is similar to Makishima and so is able to have him pick out a plan which is most likely to occur.

The ending was a cliffhanger and it seems Akane is about to learn the truth.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 2, 2013 2:52 AM

Nov 2012
Ah it's all coming together. I loved how Kougami visited the Doctor guy and they did all that research on the forum and then analysed what would happen if there weren't any hyper-oats and how Makishima could use that to his advantage also omg the ending with Akane and the droid/drone (whatever) omg!
Nov 11, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
Unexpected ending scene. Hyper-oats FTW

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 22, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode :D

definitely picked the pace off compared to the last one!

it seems Ginoza's Hue is getting worse by the day. it's also weird on how they were ordered to capture Makishima, but kill Kougami. shouldn't be the other way around? of course that will cast some suspicion.

aww Shion comforting Akane ^^

seeing Ginoza lose his cool like that, it's no wonder why he's Hue is getting worse. wasn't he just asking an advice to Masaoka last episode yet he get's cold towards Masaoka now. i think it's funny on how Masaoka acts cold on others, but in reality he really can't live by himself alone. he really needs a friend huh?? :P

that Professor Saiga is really a smart guy, Saiga can really tell that Kougami and Makishima are really like alike.

for those saying on how the episode quotes alot of historical people, it's not even that bad. in fact it was really easy to follow and it didn't appear pretentious to me. for those saying how could Makishima and Kougami sharing the same views and thinking as well as the same books they have read. Professor Saiga already said that they are both similar in their ways of thinking. maybe they really did come to the same conclusion? even in the last 2 episode where Kougami and Makishima fought at the top of the tower they had to quote themselves before the fight.

i think people are just complaining that the series is quoting something out of context(meaning instead of saying outright). if the dialogue were just straightforward no one would complain here. and Max Weber and the like are pretty popular and those who took Psychology classes will definitely remember him, and in case you have forgotten about him you could always google him to refresh your memories.

heck if you want to talk about something really pretentious, take Ghost in the Shell Innocence. i love the show especially concentrating on Batou, but damn every 5 minutes there's always someone quoting someone out of nowhere. even if a simple statement like unlocking a puzzle they have to quote someone in order for them to solve it.

compared to this? this is nothing. i actually though it was pretty clever and well made. the writer is just quoting someone in order to passed on his view on the subject, nothing more.

and what was that old message forum from overseas? 2ch? huh :P

so they'll brain wash Akane O___O

definitely getting towards the end!! i can't wait for this!!!!
Dec 30, 2013 2:26 AM
Nov 2013
bakuramariks said:
I bet you all want safe, happy world, free of danger.
So, Sibyl does its job well.

No, no i most fucking definitely do not. The moment danger disappears life loses its meaning. We are animals. We are meant to fuck and kill and eat and that is what makes us alive. Once society has become 'safe' to the point where all of these desires are gone from our minds, we are simply drones. Vegetables "living" for the sake of living, being kept functioning by the systems of the very society that took everything of meaning in life away from us. I would fight until i died to keep the world from becoming this way.

That aside, I have been thinking that for a show that has thus far been unpredictable and intelligent, Akane killing Kogami would be far to predictable of an ending. I do think that Akane has the same abilities regarding her CC and PP as Makashima, so I am thinking something more along the lines of her killing Makashima, and thus robbing Ko of his desire to kill and returning his CC back to paralyze levels. Hopefully it will end with neither and surprise me though.

Interested to see what the dominator has to say to Akane, I would bet that it is a Sybil trap of some sort. Maybe they have realized her ability and will try to get her to join Sybil.
Jan 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like Akane find out the truth or maybe not but I hope Sybil gets destroyed.
Jan 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, what? Why would Sybille want to reveal everything to Akane... Do they want to get rid of her by making her psycho-pass increase? In fact, can her psycho-pass increase? What if she had a similar condition to Makishima.

The episode was good. Now we know what is Makishima plan. I almost want him to succeed cause I hate that old granny so much.

The Kougami and sensei duo is pretty good.

Gino doesn't know who to trust anymore...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2014 7:49 AM

Aug 2008
uzee said:
Nooooooo! Don't take her brain!

My feelings exactly! I hope that is not the case *scared of the next episode....argh*

I liked it, I clearly liked it. I am kind of scared for Akane-chan, but still the Dominator said it will tell her ”the truth”. But why? Remember chief was talking to/with the other brains and ”they” said that ”they” want or think that ”they” should I don't know what, because they did not say what. Gosh, that is so frustrating.

And now I came to think about moral implications regarding the walking around of mere brains on a lab. well, this should clearly answer some philosophical questions regarding cognitive science and/or philosophy of mind (ahahaha, it would be quite a chaos, i'd love it). but well taking it for granted in this anime (which i foresee to be some sort of a near human future), it's still a little creepy (frightening) to see brain going here and there, deciding what is right and what is wrong in society. it creeps one fellow out because it seems that there is no free will, no will power, nor desires or anything of the sort. it's like you are no longer responsible for your own happiness (this is frustrating) and your human nature is no longer ”human nature”, but something quite... different, human nature imposed by those brains. I mean, dude, I know this kind of system would have its good parts, yet I can understand Makishima's frustration (god, the guy is mad, I like him).

Now, let's see what's next... I almost fell from my chair when I saw them talking about Foucault. laughed a bit; I kind of had my share with Foucault last year at my Ethics class, so it came as a bit of a funny piece, hehe.
Anyway, this anime is sure smart. Or the author is, who knows. However, I can tell that whoever wrote this (i know it's a manga and I know there is a guy with the story and another with the art, but I don't know their names and i don't know how much does the manga relate with/to the anime...)... whatever the case is, I can tell that (1) I am having my fun and (2) I feel like I am watching some smart -stuff. to me, it seems to be a very smart, nice organised anime. Huge fan by now! plus, the graphic is just wonderful.

ah, now let's see what is it that Akane-chan is going to find out -.-
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 25, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
So Kougami and Makishima shared a lot of common, then?
Dat hyper-oats.
Dat interesting scene in the end.
Mar 3, 2014 12:43 AM

May 2010
Whoa.. Hyper-oats... That's quite imaginative concept right there..
Kogami's keenness to everything is just astonishing..
Apr 3, 2014 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
1. Interesting detective work in the 2nd half

2. makishima's pretty clever; starve the people to screw up their crime-coef.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 1, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder whats going on with the ending there with Akane getting the Dominator
Jun 12, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

Loved the mystery-solving music throughout the episode.
Aug 2, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2014
Hyper-oats.
Oh god, did they really have to name it that? XD

Anyway, That was one hell of a cliffhanger ending!
Makes me want to watch the next episode right away! :O
::End of Transmission::

Aug 4, 2014 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
So they finally reveal some information about Japan's isolation. Apparently they have no contact with any other country and they're completely self-sufficient. Dem hyper-oats. I guess that's the Japanese dream, right?
Aug 28, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
Oh Karanomori, so chill in the lab~
Yeah, she seems to have a easy life.

That sensei is really cool.
Akane is about to know the truth. I don't really think so but it sure is interesting.
Sep 2, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
This gets better and better every episode! Excellent anime, super interesting and addicting.

It was nice to see the psychology sensei helping Kougami... The only sad thing is that his criminal coefficient has raised to a level when he can be considered a criminal :/
They're going to tell everything behind Sibyl system, exciting =D
b1GZZSep 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Nov 17, 2014 5:46 AM

May 2013
Kougami wants to stop Makishima from destroying the Sibyl System within five days.

Meanwhile, a Dominator wants to tell Akane the truth about the Sibyl System.
Either it could be for manipulation or there's actually someone who wants Akane to know about the truth.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 21, 2014 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
I suspect this is the final build up episode before the grand finale - and what a great build up, too. The ending was especially intense, largely due to the soundtrack.

The 2chan references was lulz, and it was great to get more world development.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 3, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm... The lull before the storm, I guess. And I hope x)
Jan 5, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Take down those hyperoats lol. Sounds like a weird thing but okay, I guess that'd work.

So will Akane find out the really real truth? or some fabrication?
Jan 18, 2015 12:37 AM
May 2013
what did the profiler guy put on the online message bored? i wish there was English subtitles when there is Japanese writing and when characters mouth words.. which happens often.. how can i read there lips if it's not English?
xXx:: Yaoi & Yuri = world peace ::xXx
Jan 18, 2015 12:38 AM
May 2013
what did the profiler guy put on the online message bored? i wish there was English subtitles when there is Japanese writing and when characters mouth words.. which happens often.. how can i read there lips if it's not English?
Jan 18, 2015 12:39 AM
May 2013
Jan 18, 2015 1:05 AM
May 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Those two past episode were very slow. And only 3 episodes left... I'm afraid the ending will be rushed. I mean there is still this Yayoi subplot that hasn't been dealt with.
i really want to get more of Yayoi's story too. clearly into girls.. very interesting. XP
Jan 18, 2015 1:06 AM
May 2013
Feb 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
So Japan is basically an advance North Korea in this anime. They're isolated, have a tight control on their population, and value self sufficiency.
Aug 7, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2015
I definitely feel the build-up for the end coming! And what does Sybil want with Akane???

Interesting method to collapse Sybil in 5 days... Things about to get ca-razy in the next few episodes!!! ★4/5
Aug 14, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2015
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly crap.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Aug 16, 2015 4:09 PM

Dec 2013
katsucats said:
I have to say that there's a difference between incorporating philosophy into the plot and dropping a bunch of quotes into the script as if the author went quote farming on Google and wants to brag about how clever he can make everyone sound, but like most anime that tried to be too smart for its own good, his fatal mistake is giving every single character the same philosophical vantage point, as if every character happened to have read all the same books, remember the same quotes and references -- of course in order to give counter-arguments to his narrative, he would have to actually be familiar with his sources, and I'm disappointed to say that Psycho-Pass has shown no such competency.

We can tell that Gen Urobuchi is gloating rather than contributing real value from a very fair assumption that probably 99% of his audience have no idea who Pascal, Foucault, or Max Weber is, so mentioning their names is already pretentious. He wants us to be impressed by his appeal to authority fallacy, a gimmick to add perceived depth where none exist.

I could almost subtract half a point or a point to the score by this alone.
I have to agree.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 3, 2015 7:47 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
itsvero said:
DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM. Now the Sibyl System wants Akane. I'm guessing that's the thing that Kasei was talking about alone, the "collective decision."

cant wait to see whats happening next

Nov 29, 2015 7:59 PM
Nov 2015
Hey so... There was this thread in the episode "transparent shadow" Where the doctor guy was showing Shinya. Basically it said something but it was all in Chinese or Japanese. Anybody know what it said?
Jan 10, 2016 3:46 PM

Feb 2015
Hell of a cliffhanger to a show that has definitely slowed it's roll a bit the last few. All good though, because the dialogue doesn't drag things down and I am glad to see the professor again.

Gino needs to snap out of it because he is really acting like a punk-ass at current time. Daddy should've put him over his knee and unleashed the belt old school style.
Jan 15, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
Kogami-san! Good luck on your mission.

I knew Sibyl would choose to tell Akane everything and make her the pawn.

Ginoza may become an Enforcer soon and end up playing a critical role in the ending of this series in some weird plot twist. Too much build-up of his aura changes for it to just slide by.

I liked hearing how food was processed in the Sibyl system. I didn't realize that in the system, they're almost completely isolated from the outside world. I guess you would have to be for it to function. Sort of makes me think of North Korea in the '90s.
Aug 30, 2016 12:08 PM
Jun 2010
Makishima's plan benefits everyone. Not sure why fuckhead Kougami has to stop him for his own selfish desires.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.