Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 24, 2013 12:28 PM

Oct 2011
The art at the end kinda dropped, but the episode was good overall.
Signature
Feb 25, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2012
I wanted to just say "lol @ quality" but then I saw the director was already apologizing for it. So no reason to kick a dead horse.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 25, 2013 6:26 PM
Apr 2012
The show is getting messy with every further episode: narrative structure is broken and strange, story itself is predictable to yawn. Nice artwork in Episode 18, by the way.
NoirgeFeb 25, 2013 8:50 PM
Feb 25, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2012
looking at the brave akane-chan... she is so amazing, able to shoot the paralyzer while not afraid of the consequences..

all hands on the division 1 is working together.. yeah!!

so kougami is leaving for the hunt himself.. looks like next week will be more amazing lol..
Feb 25, 2013 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
i love the intro music to the ed song towards the end, went so wel with that scenel!! although the quality was kinda funny, i didnt really mind cause the director said nxt weeks episode would be REALLY GOOD!!!

i love this series sooo much!!
Feb 25, 2013 10:53 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, Shinya's deductive skills are amazing. He guessed what happened with Shogo on the plane down to the escape.

So this is how they're going to bring the scene in the two OP with Akane and Shinya standing off, pointing the guns at each other.

Ugh, I'm hoping he lives in some twist, but then again...

Shogo is still trying to destroy Sibyl, so if he does it in time, Shinya might evade the sensor scans.

And I noticed a fair amount of DERP animation moments.
Feb 26, 2013 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
Noirge said:
The show is getting messy with every further episode: narrative structure is broken and strange, story itself is predictable to yawn. Nice artwork in Episode 18, by the way.

I disagree but I hope you could back that up with further elaboration
Feb 26, 2013 5:53 AM
Mar 2010
T^T KOGAMI NO BAKA! How could you?
Argh, Urobuchi, you brought out the fangirl in me through this episode.
I was already a KogamiXAkane shipper but this episode....gah the feels!
I know this isn't a romance anime but the bond Akane and Kogami share...it was shown to it's full light in this episode....
In the end, when Akane said 'Baka', I just...started crying.
Oh Urobuchi, please, PLEASE give Akane and Kogami a happy ending. PLEASE.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2008
The only thing I don't get it is by the time when the Chief switched Ginoza's dominator mode by force, he should, more or less, know that she was the one who kill Kagari. He did mentioned in episode 17 that aside from abducted or kidnapped, Kagari was possibly killed without a trace, using a Decomposer mode.
Feb 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
ShoutaAzuma said:
The only thing I don't get it is by the time when the Chief switched Ginoza's dominator mode by force, he should, more or less, know that she was the one who kill Kagari. He did mentioned in episode 17 that aside from abducted or kidnapped, Kagari was possibly killed without a trace, using a Decomposer mode.

The one who mentioned the Decomposer mode was Kogami, not Ginoza. And we all (incl. Gino himself) know how much Gino's deductive skills SUCK.
Feb 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
Celondor said:
ShoutaAzuma said:

The one who mentioned the Decomposer mode was Kogami, not Ginoza. And we all (incl. Gino himself) know how much Gino's deductive skills SUCK.

Opps, I'm sorry, I forget to refer "he" as Kogami. My bad.
Feb 26, 2013 9:08 PM
May 2012
Ginoza, you should've known that Chief Kasei is using you & she/he's trying to kill you!
Feb 27, 2013 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Amazing episode .

I would like to see Akane x Kogami at the end of the anime .
Feb 27, 2013 9:57 PM
Apr 2012
ThangLong said:

I disagree but I hope you could back that up with further elaboration
Hope so. Will see after the final story arc.
Feb 28, 2013 6:21 AM
May 2012
EP19 Preview is finally here!!

Feb 28, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
JeffreyZin said:
EP19 Preview is finally here!!

Shion, get away from Akane ugh. Shinya is still out there fighting you know :(
Feb 28, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
I finally realized why the voice of the Chief sounds so familiar...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
Animation fail!

Voices were great as ever and story of this episode also but execution of its animation went to hell.. there were so many blatant errors to the point I wasn't event concentrating on the story at some points.
Feb 28, 2013 9:08 PM
May 2012
ThangLong said:
Shion, get away from Akane ugh. Shinya is still out there fighting you know :(

Shion possibly a Lesbian, I think (Since she had a 'crack' relationship with Yayoi which I checked on Pixiv.net).

symbv said:
I finally realized why the voice of the Chief sounds so familiar...

She was also Yoko Kayabuki from GITS: SAC 2nd GIG.
JafriZinMar 1, 2013 4:42 AM
Mar 7, 2013 9:54 AM
Mar 2013
Finally got to hear Kana's "Baka".

It was obvious form the start that Kogami will turn criminal and that Akane will be forced to stop him. The question remains as to how she will do it.
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Mar 7, 2013 10:05 PM
May 2012
I expected that bitch hag would stay dead but NO!! Are you kidding me?! That's just great!

Is Kougami getting framed?! What's goin on here?! I thought they're gonna hunt down Makishima for good!!
JafriZinMar 12, 2013 7:19 AM
Mar 16, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
Ugh I hate that stupid robot Chief! Im glad Kogami is going against her and I think him not being a part of the investigation team is for the better.
Mar 17, 2013 7:00 PM

Mar 2011
Damn, Akane's the shit.
Mar 18, 2013 7:14 PM

Jun 2011
GateLambda said:
I'm still surprised that nobody asked the most glaring thing on this episode: HOW THE HECK IS THE CHIEF STILL ALIVE?

First of all, it has been shown in episode 17 that the chief is most likely not human, considering the way Makishima destroyed her entire body. We can most likely say that the chief could regenerate herself to make it look as if there was no damage whatsoever, or we could say that she could transfer her soul or information or brain or whatever you call it, into another body.
Mar 19, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2009
Jeez. Kasei is just a robot. They have many copies of it. They can put whichever brain they want in it. Just because we know the truth behind Kasei and Sibyl, doesn't mean they should play some bigger role, for example, main villain >.>
Mar 21, 2013 8:07 AM
May 2012
Rayla said:
GateLambda said:
I'm still surprised that nobody asked the most glaring thing on this episode: HOW THE HECK IS THE CHIEF STILL ALIVE?

First of all, it has been shown in episode 17 that the chief is most likely not human, considering the way Makishima destroyed her entire body. We can most likely say that the chief could regenerate herself to make it look as if there was no damage whatsoever, or we could say that she could transfer her soul or information or brain or whatever you call it, into another body.

bakuramariks said:
Jeez. Kasei is just a robot. They have many copies of it. They can put whichever brain they want in it. Just because we know the truth behind Kasei and Sibyl, doesn't mean they should play some bigger role, for example, main villain >.>

THIS is exactly what I've been saying this!! NOBODY replies to me about all of this?!

And yes, really?! They still never really aware that Kasei is an android?! Are you serious?! I mean I was expecting that should've happen but it didn't.....

Damn it, I seriously cannot believe she just killed Kagari then frames Kougami by overriding Gino's dominator. Great, I thought it's supposed to be foreshadowing or something. *SIGH* CONFUSING AS HELL!!
JafriZinMar 23, 2013 11:48 AM
Mar 22, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
I didn't expected it. Thanks a lot Akane :)
You saved Kougami and what a nice thing to say to Gino that his Dominator is broken and it needs maintenance. I also love the ending... :((
Mar 23, 2013 11:51 AM
May 2012
I'm sorry for all those rambles that I've been posted, guys. Since my mind is blown till it really drives me nuts about that happened.

Great, that bitch Kasei really gets me creeps just like that fucker Senguji from EP9 (The one who killed Rikako with a shotgun).....

God, what is wrong with me these days. Even though it's only an anime but emotions & feelings could happen to me sometimes.

xTenshiAi said:
Ugh I hate that stupid robot Chief! Im glad Kogami is going against her and I think him not being a part of the investigation team is for the better.

That was really confused to you right because is she actually a ruler of Sibyl System?! SMH.... anyway I think I found something...

JafriZinMar 25, 2013 5:52 PM
Mar 29, 2013 3:25 AM

Dec 2010
A nice episode imo. Too bad Gino's efforts go wasted.

marchefka said:
-michira- said:
Jlakay423 said:
Does anybody else get the feeling that Akane is going to kill Kogami?

If she does this anime will fail :|

Agree. It would be too... obvious. I guess it would be nice if Akane, not wanting Kogami to become a murderer, killed Makishima and if it turned out that her psycho-pass was not affected at all - her being "criminally asymptomatic" as well :D

I think she indeed is criminally asymptomatic.

I still can't see how this anime's gonna end.
Mar 29, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Jlakay423 said:
Does anybody else get the feeling that Akane is going to kill Kogami?

Sure seems like they are going that route.
Apr 2, 2013 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
dio_brando86 said:
I was looking everywhere for this, and finally found it.

Bumping because it deserves it.
Apr 10, 2013 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
^ haha!

So Kagari IS gone then... damn. I was still clinging to some hope.

I liked the letter part. I just hope we don't lose any more members, but I have a strong feeling we will.
Apr 10, 2013 7:01 PM
Jul 2018

Chief Kasei recovered quickly ..or was it SHE has many clones of her?
Kagami left MWPSB~ I'm sure he will be targeted by the Inspectors especially Ginoza.
Apr 15, 2013 9:08 AM
May 2012
chikuita0621 said:

Chief Kasei recovered quickly ..or was it SHE has many clones of her?

That's exactly what I want to know. NOBODY replies it to me about all of this?! Why am I the only one who didn't read some of my questions whatsoever till NOBODY gives a shit about it?! I guess my rants & rambles didn't make any sense for them....

Anyway she was actually a representative of Sibyl System.

Since I got zero replies whatsoever till it left me wondering what's goin on. wow, this episode gets more & more confusing despite what happened on last 2 episodes.
JafriZinMay 28, 2013 5:26 AM
May 26, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2012
A rather slow episode but still a quite strong one, things are really getting interesting here, I quite loved that letter in the end he wrote and reverting to old weapons could get rather interesting! Lets see what happens next!

The ending sure had some beautiful scenery though:

RafaelDeJonghMay 26, 2013 12:31 PM
Jun 9, 2013 9:47 PM
Jun 2013
The biggest issue here is that Kogami should've fucked Shion and then get Yayoi in on the action too.
Jun 10, 2013 2:34 AM

Jan 2011
in critical situation, Akane is more reliable than even Gino, watching her friend died made her progress faster I guess

this really setup the future confrontation between Kogami and Alane
Jun 22, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Wow talk about an incredible episode!!

Everyone realizes that something’s up once Kougami is taken off the case. There was also a nice father son moment where Masoka looks out for the best wishes of Ginoza.

Tsunemori taking charge of the situation could not have been timed more perfectly, especially if the chief would have pulled the trigger herself.

Masaoka and Shion both know that Kougami can’t stay there anymore and help him with the safehouse and helmet respectively. You know that Shion didn’t mean for the “make sure not to take it outside” since she wonders if she should have slept with him – knowing that he was leaving (and I think they should have ;)

End sequence with the ED cut in was very powerful. This is turning out to be a great start of the ending.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 10, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2010
Kasei . . . So she can alter what the Dominator's mode?

So does that mean Kagari was blown to bits? Or did he become one with the system like that Touma- but I thought you become one with the system only if you're like someone like Makishima and Touma...?

I don't want to think Kagari died. My mind has been blown to tiny bits and pieces !
Aug 1, 2013 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
shinezu said:
A little let down by the ep.

Poor animation aside, I think that Chief exposed her true colors a little too soon to Ginoza and co. Openly demonstrating ability to override Dominator was..anticlimatic?
Agreed however I don't think it was anticlimatic because we were so focused on Ginoza's nerve that we completely forgot about Akane.
Sep 21, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
Akane saving both, Kougami and Gino, was amazing! She really is already a full-fledged inspector. And that talk between Ko and Shion xD (a little sad as if Ko would never come back...? T.T)

But I want neither Kougami nor Makishima to die now -.-' Well, that's not happening though.
shiro_ayaSep 21, 2013 3:11 AM
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Nov 11, 2013 3:58 AM

Aug 2012
Aside from the reduced quality of the animation in this episode, i loved it. But somehow i sense that there will be a feels trip around the climax of the series.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 22, 2013 1:16 AM

Jul 2009
finally i was able to watch this after 2 long weeks!! damn exam!

great episode, kinda slow at first tbh.

and wow i didn't realize the TV version animation was really off!!

i'm watching the JPN blu ray and i can assure you that they really improve and made the animation as consistent as possible.

it seems Kasei has survived the explosion by Makishima, kinda expected since Touma has a lot of "Kasei" bodies lying around

and wow Ginozoa asking advice to Masaoka!?! seems he's really clueless in these kind of situation.

nice advice dad! so basically became a ball and just roll over as if nothing happens? lol!

seems Kasei has heard the plan on Ginozoa and crew, kinda obvious since they showed the drones and camera looking at them at the very moment.

glad Akane shot Kougami with a paralyzer, it's obvious that Kasei hacked the Dominator to changed it to a lethal one.

so Shion wants to sleep with Kougami?!?! why the hell did you refuse that!!! she has Miyuki Sawashiro's voice!!! damn you!!

it looks like Kougami will be using real guns from now on thanks to Masaoka's old hideout. i freaking knew they would bring out the good old guns vs the new ones!!

i wonder if Akane will really shoot Kougami in the near future!

it seems only Yayoi didn't get a final word on Kougami :(

can't wait for the next episode!! last 4 episodes T__T
Dec 29, 2013 2:16 PM

Jun 2012
Glad I waited for the blu ray release, all this QUALITY.
Dec 29, 2013 7:56 PM
Nov 2013
Aside from one instance of off sync lips, i didn't really notice the bad animation. Great episode, badass, intelligent move from Akane shooting Ko. Definitely see some hints towards Akane killing Ko at the end, but I'm not sure that will happen, it does seem a bit predictable for this show. I do see some serious tragedy coming in the next few episodes though.

MellowJello said:
dio_brando86 said:

So goddamn funny. "Can i do it in a text message?" lol
SatanicBeaverDec 29, 2013 8:02 PM
Jan 6, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
Akane made proof of a lot of discernment. She was fast enough to save Kougami. And the bitchbot failed hard on that one. She totally revealed her joker card. But still, she's pretty much overpowered and the squad is pretty much pined at this point.

Kougami made the right choice. Well, in fact, it was pretty much his only choice, except the one were he would stay locked and the conspiration would continue.

I don't understand why the bitchbot want Makichima alive, he refused her offer, he will not accept even if she ask him kindly the second time. Is this some kind of twisted revenge?

Poor Akane, she must feel so much lonely now :(

Now, were back to the good ol' police weapon fashion. Hell yeah!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2014 7:11 AM

Aug 2008
MellowJello said:
dio_brando86 said:

haa! laughed so hard seeing this!

_
it was a nice episode. didn't expect Ginoza's plan to actually work. It was too easy, lol. I liked Akane again. She sure knows how to act when someone else is in a crises. She sure is such a nice character. Anyway, putting aside my infatuation towards Akane-chaaan, I felt a little sorry for the fact that Kougami had to leave (because he had to), but well this is the only way for him now. Who knows what would have happened to him if he stayed anyway. Also, it kind of beats me why he constantly desires to kill Makishima. DUDE; think it over. Yes, he is a criminal, but in some way or another, so are you. Okay, they clearly are not the same. But I'd better have him canalising his rage towards the awkward system. Ah, may the time comes when they all find out about it! can't wait!

now, let's see, it was quite clear that the chief had some power over the Dominator, didn't they ALL noticed it? i am so frustrated. I'll just watch the next episode.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 24, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
I cried at the ending. That was a nice letter from Kougami.

parfaited said:
So much love for Akane right now.

I had the biggest smile on my face after she said that paralyzer mode had to be used and that Gino's dominator was defective.
Jan 24, 2014 9:46 PM

Jun 2013
By the way, the TV animation version of this episode is terrible.
But if you're going to watch this in a blu ray cd, the animation version there is damn good and improved.
Jan 24, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2013
dio_brando86 said:

This made my day.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.