Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 15, 2013 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode enjoyed it, but I don't like how they are pushing Knight into Demon King's and Hero's relationship, I dunno is this anime only, or it's taken from novel, but I'm not liking it at all.
Feb 15, 2013 4:31 PM
Dec 2012
KoiShoudou said:
I actually really like this anime, but I'm extremely confused at what's going one to be honest XD

Same here. The anime is something, but it's beyond description. lol
Feb 15, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2009
Dat nun, dat panties. Quite lewd. ;3
And so the kid invented Fanta. And Demon King invented print. Cool, cool. The creepy guys at the end are creepy.
Oh and the dragon princess- earthquake- Gutenberg transition was a bit too quick to catch up.
And is that Hagia Sofia in the Gate City? So demons = Muslims. Well it does co-relate with the Holy War, anyway.

GateLambda said:
All I hear is Inaba in a dere dere voice and that's enough for me!

^This.

Lol @ the rainbow in the preview?
Feb 15, 2013 5:29 PM

Apr 2007
Made this after watching the episodes. It's all I really got from it. lol

Feb 15, 2013 5:45 PM
Mar 2011
Lol since when do you need a license to be a demon king?
Feb 15, 2013 6:29 PM
Mar 2009
Dat Female Knight fanservice. I wish she made the agitated comment about how just a towel is enough to cover her "assets."

Dafuq was Female Knight thinking, haha? Wife and Mistress? Lol.

Soda? Oh god, introducing obesity into the world.

Oh? Maou didn't show any jealousy when Hero was talking about the Fire Dragon Princess?

Wut. That was it for the printing press? Meh.

Oh c'mon, a handshake? They should have kissed.

Wow, at this rate, the anime might catch right up to the manga or even pass it.
Feb 15, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh. They even included the printing press. This will surely make education boom, just how it did in our society.

Might be related... but the ring that Older Sister Maid got that transforms into Maou connects to the opening theme (where Older Sister Maid woke up from the bed and it changed to Maou standing up).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
"We need to settle who'll be the wife and who'll be the mistress" XD

I wish Yuusha would be more decisive xP Kinda wish Knight wasnt in the way
QuiGonJonFeb 15, 2013 7:14 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Feb 15, 2013 7:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

The two inventions that were shown this week I felt were cool but had issues in how they were presented. They just introduced the printing press and that's it. They're probably going to use it in the future but would've been nice to know what the plans are for it because it's lack of purpose right now makes it seem like it was glossed over

I completely agree. I enjoyed the part when they went to look at the printing press, and I actually forgot about it until I saw your comment. They did a great job with the other things, but I mean, the printing press should be a bigger deal than it seemed.

Lol at that orange soda. That little girl is quite the creative one. I also liked the part where Yuusha was practicing with the knight. :)
Feb 15, 2013 7:35 PM
Jun 2008
oh my now the hero got sure stuck in middle between red queen & female knight (also seeing water wash of knight) wonder if option marry them all would come in?

give also dragon lady yea fire did came out of her mouth yea she want hero too indeed only matter all woman want the hero.

& yep the white night ruler & his nephew are loco mad.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 15, 2013 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
I love how inventing the printing press was no big thing but deciding who gets to sleep in Yuusha's bed is a major ordeal.

As a side note, whatever happened to that mage girl?
Feb 15, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2009
Feb 15, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was okay, it seemed to be trying to introduce a lot of new elements for the new arc. It had some scenes that were pretty entertaining though, well one mainly--the night scene.
Feb 15, 2013 8:13 PM
Oct 2010
Nice episode. I'm really liking the build up and development so far, aside from the romance part that is.

ChronosXIII said:
Oh c'mon, a handshake? They should have kissed.
Seems like as time goes, they get less intimate, physically anyway.

Not long after they came to the human world she gave him a "lap pillow" and they almost kissed. A year later they managed to dance, but nothing else. And now, after more time, the best they can do is hold hands...

It's gotta be unimaginably frustrating for Maou...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 15, 2013 8:17 PM

Apr 2011
lol @ the bed scene.

Yuusha sleeping with two babes. Lucky bastard. I'm jelly! XD

The Dragon Princess spewing small flames from her mouth. I wonder what would
happen if she kisses him?

Byakuya Ou and Katame Shirei-kan are plotting something bad.
Feb 15, 2013 8:37 PM

Mar 2012
Another episode with about just 3-4 minutes of legit plot. I'm pretty sure they could've done more with each episode, but I guess they're try to move the plot along so it gets to some sort of plot climax soon? Not sure.

And Yuusha feels just like an emotionally undeveloped teenage boy who can't touch romance for anything. It definitely doesn't help that the best episode so far is still the first one. Cute scene with Maou and Onna Kishi though.
Feb 15, 2013 10:03 PM
Mar 2010
Maou remainds me "Hypatia"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia
Feb 15, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2010
Yuusha should have screamed "ORANGE SODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Feb 15, 2013 10:51 PM

Oct 2012
This anime feels quite rushed. But I'm enjoying it nonetheless
Feb 15, 2013 11:02 PM
Oct 2012
i follow the manga and it has better characters development and is more in depth in terms of plot explanations so i understand what's going on in the anime but i have to agree that the show is moving a bit too fast...im not sure i would enjoy it as much as i do if i only watched the anime.

anyways, at it's core, romance isn't part of the real focus so i dont really mind female knight's 'intrusion'
Feb 16, 2013 1:42 AM

Nov 2012
Electromaster said:

And is that Hagia Sofia in the Gate City? So demons = Muslims. Well it does co-relate with the Holy War, anyway.

Is this anime logic, troll logic or maybe both..?
Feb 16, 2013 3:34 AM

Dec 2010
Since I've read the manga I find this episode wasn't that great as it could have been. They didn't really elaborate on Young Merchants job at the Winter Kingdom and the scene with the council/court wasn't that great. Also don't really like the fact they let other female characters fall for Yushaa. Those are my only complaints about this episode. Next episode seems focused on Female Knight again as well =/

Still pretty good episode, few of the characters are getting quite a bit of development as well :)
Feb 16, 2013 3:49 AM
Jun 2008
I am surprise the gate city look like the Ottoman empire or maybe Jerusalem....

Ore no Maou to OnnaKisshi ga Shiraba Sugiru xD
At first,I thought the earthquake was cause by Maou's envy lol

I am curious, where did the manga actually stop or maybe did the manga finished adapting the LN .
Feb 16, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2012
musica123 said:
i follow the manga and it has better characters development and is more in depth in terms of plot explanations so i understand what's going on in the anime but i have to agree that the show is moving a bit too fast...im not sure i would enjoy it as much as i do if i only watched the anime. '
And the fact is, the manga is already a reduction and abridgement of the novel. For the fans of the novel, way too much has been cut in the anime, particularly the exploits of Yusha in black knight guise and how he became the love interest of the dragon princess or how he got the assistance of the fairies etc. The part of the gun powder also got too much cut apparently. The change and development of the Open Gate City was also skimmed over. But at least in this episode they largely kept the bed scene intact lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
QuiGonJon said:

Why have one pair of boobs to grab when you can have two? Lulz though given the timeframe this relates to a Knight having a wife and a mistress wasn't a big deal.
Feb 16, 2013 7:22 AM

Jan 2008
RedArmyShogun said:
QuiGonJon said:

Why have one pair of boobs to grab when you can have two? Lulz though given the timeframe this relates to a Knight having a wife and a mistress wasn't a big deal.

Two pairs...? But Knight is flat as a board. Lol.

Also, dat random fanservice scene.
Feb 16, 2013 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
Two pairs...? But Knight is flat as a board. Lol.
Flat as a board? I think you must have seen too many unnaturally outsized boobs.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 8:04 AM
Jun 2008
I think I notice that bra haven't been invented in that period lol
I wish FemaleKnight's breast could be more flat .
Feb 16, 2013 9:15 AM

Jan 2011
QuiGonJon said:
Kinda wish Knight wasnt in the way

In the way?

PFFT, more like welcome addition.
Feb 16, 2013 11:23 AM
Feb 2009
MorningGlory said:
Ore no Maou to OnnaKisshi ga Shiraba Sugiru xD
At first,I thought the earthquake was cause by Maou's envy lol
i lol'ed so much...

... wait a sec... i thought yuusha went to demon world to find his companion... did i missed something?...
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 16, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
flame_tiong said:
... wait a sec... i thought yuusha went to demon world to find his companion... did i missed something?...
Oh yes, where is the witch? When are we going to see her again in the anime (outside of the OP of course) ?

Feb 16, 2013 12:48 PM
Jan 2011
UnbornMVs said:

DAT FANSERVICE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *^*

Oh, yeah
Feb 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
They're practically fighting over the Hero! xD

Also; Orange Sodaaaa!

Feb 16, 2013 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
I like all the romance and funny character interactions.
I dont care for the fantasy and war plot.
Feb 16, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2008
FUCK YOU HERO! Seriously, 7 year olds are infinitely more progressive romantically.

Also, Female Knight is very lovely :D
Feb 16, 2013 3:05 PM

Nov 2011
Maou is obviously gonna win but their exchanges are still interesting to watch.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 16, 2013 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
Uh, Onna no kishi has some sexy underwear.
Feb 16, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
Zhou said:
Uh, Onna no kishi has some sexy underwear.

This! Not mentioned so far, the third new invention of the episode: high v-cut pantsu!
Feb 16, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2011
Dat fanservice and night scene best moments of this episode. Looks like things are about to get serious next episode.
Feb 16, 2013 4:53 PM

Dec 2007
Man, I have to say I REALLY like how they're treating it like a viable option for Hero to have a relationship with both Maou and Knight. I'm actually in favor of functional polyamorous relationships, so it'd be pretty cool if this show actually did that.
Ich verstehe nicht
Feb 17, 2013 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
So this is when Maou decides to return to the Demon World. Hmm, for some reason I don't remember the earthquakes from the Kotowaru! manga version of the novels. Must've been novel-only information that got cut in that one.

Enter the printing press and carbonated drinks. The invention of the printing press alone should bring a revolution when it comes to the dissemination of information. Out of the Middle Ages and into Renaissance soon for the Southern lands.

The night scene was as amusing as I had found it in the manga. Now that Maou and Maid Chou are returning - and Maid Ane has been given the ring, the anime adaptation may soon catch up to the scanlated parts of the manga adaptation.
Feb 17, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2008

ULTRA GAY!

Why the romance in this series is so absurdly ridiculous?
I feel embarrassed watching it. And the technologies that come and go without explain... plans without planning... Fights reduced to flashes of light ...
Feb 17, 2013 10:28 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, I hope Maou will be alright.
Feb 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2009
Mm, so things are progressing along ... now the Dragon Daughter (or whatever) likes Hero too! :P He never has trouble attracting girls does he? That fight between Demon King and Knight was kind of weird ... although, I guess they spilled secrets over him? Huh ...
Demon King has to go back to renew her license?! O_O That's ... interesting lol :P So she'll have to leave for a while ... hopefully Hero and the Older Sister Maid can take care of things while she's gone! Looks like trouble's coming ... there are plots against the Winter King! :O
Feb 17, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2012
lol that knight fanservie, quite the hottie imo
cute that bed scene xD
Feb 17, 2013 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
Knight fanservice... me like xD

Great ep overall~
Feb 17, 2013 8:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Soon this is going to need the harem tag. The Knight has the resolution to go after her man that Maoyuu lacks. And the Hero continues to be blissfully oblivious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2013 8:40 PM
Apr 2011
I laughed REEEEEEAAALLLY hard during the bed negotiations. XD

But I'm really surprised. The show's 7 eps in and I feel like not really much of anything has happened. This episode may as well have been episode 3 (1 is the intro, 2 they meet knight). >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
Kishi really showing off this time, and that panties of her: HNNNGGGGG.Loved the arguments between Kishi and Maou when they're about to enter Yuusha's room as well. As for the dragon princess, I'm sure there are better image of her in one of the manga, the black haired and cheongsam(I think) wearing princess.

I've read these parts on manga, but watching the anime is really worth it.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Feb 18, 2013 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
I like Maou better!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.