Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2008 3:49 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode. It had lots of hilarious scene's. I missed Nagi though, since she didn't play a great role in this episode.
Dec 1, 2008 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
OMG I LOVE KANNAGI. & this made me realize how amazing Tsugumi is, she has now taken the spot as my profile picture <3 she is so cute, I love her to bits. This episode was hilarious and serious at the same time, yay. I had actually rooted NagixJin, now I'm more lenian ton TsugumixJin, but to be honest I wouldn't mind IF Nagi were to end up with Jin, the only thing that holds me back is she had stated she already had someone she liked. I hear people don't seem to like Tsugumi because she is a weak minded character, but I can sympathize because that's exactly how I am. Complete opposite to Nagi, who would represent my best friend rofl. I like all three girls in general. Next week, karaoke? Yayyyyy!

OH THIS MADE ME LAWL-

Kannagi just gets BETTER and BETTER. :DDDD
Dec 1, 2008 5:21 PM

Jul 2008
I thought this episode was one of the more funnier ones.

More Zange = Win
Dec 1, 2008 7:24 PM

Apr 2007
slayer545 said:

best part! rofl

tsugumi <3333
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 1, 2008 7:30 PM

May 2007
Oh god this was funny, so Jin is a playboy, and the love letter for Daitetsu, and Tsugumi's imagination, just a whole bunch to like.
My anime list
Dec 1, 2008 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
Taking Tsugumi out would have made this the best episode yet.
Aw, you're just being contrary.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 1, 2008 7:51 PM

Dec 2007
This episode had some of the best reaction shots ever animated. Jin's expression when seeing the blog, the smile to Daitetsu that shall forever fall through anime lore, etc. Ima gonna miss this show in 4 weeks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2008 8:47 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, great episode for fans of Tsugumi-chan. The whole bit with the old albums was pretty hilarious and the lunch scene at the end was good too.

That said, there wasn't enough Nagi! Why would she give up to her sister so soon? They seemed to be working together and that didn't make much sense...
Dec 1, 2008 9:17 PM

May 2008
Awesome episode i laughed a lot at yaoi part.
Dec 1, 2008 10:14 PM

Nov 2008
nihil said:
slayer545 said:

best part! rofl

tsugumi <3333

I just want to be honest now! Just looking at that pic and thiking about what happened made LOL just like that. My point is happiness is sometimes the only thing that makes one feel good. :D
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 1, 2008 10:58 PM

May 2008
That was awesome. Kannagi is becoming like haruhi more and more. I love it!
Dec 2, 2008 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
ridiculous with the gayness in this one. just too funny how everything just continued to get worse for him.
Dec 2, 2008 2:05 AM

Jan 2008
Lol. Not as great as previous episode but still damn good.

"Anti-Aliasing attack!!"
Dec 2, 2008 5:59 AM

Feb 2008
Lmao, brilliant episode.
MOAR Nagi plz.
Dec 2, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Executed well to the point of being funny in spite of its terribleness.

I don't want to spam the thread full of hatred, though, so I'll leave "terribleness" to be reinforced by a link: http://not.dotq.org/please-impregnate-me
Dec 2, 2008 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
Kannagi was getting a lot of hype so I did a mini marathon of the first 9 episodes and was not disappointed. I can definitely say this show is 10 material and if it keeps this up for the last 4 episodes it will get a 10/10.
Dec 2, 2008 4:44 PM

Nov 2008
lolikitsune said:

I don't want to spam the thread full of hatred, though, so I'll leave "terribleness" to be reinforced by a link: [url=http://not.dotq.org/please-impregnate-me]http://not.dotq.org/please-impregnate-me
lolikitsune said:

I don't want to spam the thread full of hatred, though, so I'll leave "terribleness" to be reinforced by a link: [url=http://not.dotq.org/please-impregnate-me]http://not.dotq.org/please-impregnate-me

Read the comment I put and somewhat I read it somewhere too.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 3, 2008 1:06 PM

May 2007
This episode was good.
This episode was bad.

This episode was funny.
This episode didn't have enought Nagi

This episode opens up a path to 2nd season
This episode shows a flag for Jin x Tsugumi

This episode ended up the gay thing.
This episode didn't end the "Daitetsu x Nagi" fight.

I could keep on doing this for the rest of the day, but it pretty much sums up all my thoughs.

This is the only anime i wished for the main dude to end up with the main girl (Nagi), but i seriously doubt it will happen.
Probably it will be another of those series that end with no end.
At best, we get an T x J ending, which íts not a plesant idea for me.

Certainly we are heading for the first option, (A series withtout any end) with a high probability of a second season, all thanks to the fact that the manga still is being published.
Dec 3, 2008 4:34 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Oh please dear God tell me they are not doing a continuation from the last episode...

-...Ok seriously whoever wrote this episode has been in Second Life way too much. Leave that Dom and Sub crap underground dont bring it into animes for goodness sake.

-"Even so its wrong to look at Jin that way." It better be, this is the worst misunderstanding in Anime History.

-Ok that was way to loud Tsugumi

-Crap now they have the whole school involved.

-"Guy" hands Daitetsu a love letter...now they are all coming out of the woodwork, way to go girls.

-Yay Zange-Chan is back!

-Zange: "Anyway you have to clear up the understanding." I think thats the best idea ive heard since the series began.

-So Jin has to date Tsugumi or Zange...hmm...

-"I cant see any reason Jin would refuse her (Zange)" Unless he remembers that Zange sexually assaulted him a few episodes ago...*shiver*

-*Sees Authorman and a Squirrel in a maid outfit* ...

-*Tsugumi walks in on Jin...after a shower* Wait for it...YES!!!

-WHY are we talking about Jin...pride?!?

-I swear Zange has the ability to materialize at will.

-Poor Jin...one moment hes taking a shower on a quiet raining day, the next three girls are going through his baby pictures after one of them saw him nude.

-Wait Jin as a delinquent? No freaking way!

-Ah Zange-chan, straight to the point as always.

-Heh its the Kannagi-Opening theme, Lullaby remix version.

-I swear Jin and Tsugumi had so better be the final parring, they are great together...oh and lol at the goddesses eavesdropping.

-Way to ruin the mood Tsugumi

-Zange: "Jin, who do you choose?" And the best part is, Zange, Tsugumi, and Nagi are all sitting right there...it cant possibly end well.

-And now everyone is gonna think Jin is two-timing...oh crap they think he is worse than that!

-Zange: "Im in charge of the right side of his body!" ROFL

Post episode comments:

To summarize my reaction to this episode in three words: "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

I think two episodes ago we had the crappy filler episode with no plot development and Nagi in the closet, then in the last episode we had a huge misunderstanding with Daitetsu. I was sure they would get back on track with this episode but no they actually made a continuation and then to make it worse they through in homosexual and even a dash of bsdm near the opening! I was worried that the series might not get back to the plot but now im beginning to think that this IS supposed to be the plot.

Ok in all fairness Zange was great in this episode so ill give it a 2/5 but come on. According to MyAnimeList, Kannagi only has 4 episodes left! Please tell me they plan on doing something better than this for the finale.

Since im this far in I guess I might has well finish this anime but its got alot to make up for.

Dec 3, 2008 6:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ok....although I can't deny the presence of some jokes that deals with sensitive issues such as homosexuality.... You don't have to take it too seriously. It's a satire, comedy...but may be slightly offensive to some people.....

Overall, pretty crazy episode....And has its funny moment as well (Tsugumi reading doujinshi...)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 3, 2008 7:57 PM
Nov 2007
pretty super filler-y. blehk.
some good parts. the best part was definitely the tv show.
if they made that a real show, id watch it .____.;
LOL
Dec 6, 2008 9:45 AM

Aug 2008
definitely the funniest ep so far! I'm lovin it more & more each week.
Dec 7, 2008 7:32 PM

Jun 2007
hahaha, definitely a full of win episode.
Akiba is so eccentric.... it is actually funny.
Tsugumi's innocence was definitely hilarious, reminded me of haruka...... the fact that she wanted to read more was even funnier.
lol.... Jin was so random with the cat xD
Tsugumi is such a klutz.... saying such a thing out loud
lol @ bishonen guy giving daitetsu a letter xD
ZANGE IS BACK
ZANGE IS BACK
ZANGE IS BACK
ZANGE IS BACK
ZANGE IS BACK
ZANGE IS BACK
yayayyayayayayayayayayay
lol, tsugumi saw it..... ahhahaha
lol @ Zange wanting to hear about "it" and jin's childhood's.... "it" lol
"even now... its cute" that line made my day
Zange or tsugumi.... definitely zange dammit, jin you are a dumb kid
lol, congratulations jin, you are officially in middle of a harem.

EDIT: i loved shogun's cameo.
TsundereRicDec 7, 2008 7:50 PM
Dec 8, 2008 10:15 PM
Oct 2008
This anime is slowly becoming a horrible anime i know alot of people like it but all it is is the same crap we have seen hundreds of times before there is really nothing that this anime is trying to do to put it over the top it follows the same things we see over and over again its boring flat out boring
Dec 9, 2008 8:04 AM

Jul 2008
Really good episode, Tsugumi made me laugh many times.
Dec 9, 2008 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
hirahiraDec 10, 2008 9:57 AM
Dec 10, 2008 8:29 AM

Sep 2008
slayer545-sama said:
nihil said:
slayer545 said:

best part! rofl

tsugumi <3333

I just want to be honest now! Just looking at that pic and thiking about what happened made LOL just like that. My point is happiness is sometimes the only thing that makes one feel good. :D

That was a ROFLMAO part, It was so uncalled for. XD
Dec 10, 2008 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
Quite nice episode for me. ^^

Best part:

amishrakefighter said:
Dec 15, 2008 10:46 PM

May 2008
Wow, great episode! Dam jin was about to choose tsugumi! no interrupting foos!

The letter to daitetsu made me lolz to the max, as well as the fiasco at jin's house. good times; one of the best new animes of this season
Dec 19, 2008 9:44 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode again from me lol! So many character development for Tsugumi this episode (O,o Jin was about to chose Tsugumi as his girlfriend until he was stopped by Nagi for being too slow). Tells us a lot of their childhood past together before any of the story in the series and also how close they are right now. Lol at the rumors being said at the high school, and Tsugumi being "impurified" by Akiba's manga references. The ending was great lol, Jin being pulled left to right by Zange and Tsugumi so that the misunderstanding is hopefully cleared up. Too bad it wasn't and the "worst case scenario" appeared for Jin lol. (The guy who wants everyone, large interests, just goes for everyone in sight aha)
Dec 31, 2008 9:31 PM

Jun 2008
cyruz said:
Hilarious, I laughed a lot. Tsugumi was awesome! =3

^agreed!
Jan 2, 2009 2:59 AM

Nov 2008
Too little Nagi in this episode, but Tsugumi's character development was awesome.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 7, 2009 7:16 AM

Jan 2008
Haha xD'' loved this episode.
I would like Tsugumi being Jin's girlfriend :o
Jan 7, 2009 6:13 PM

Sep 2008
this show just gets better and better.
Jan 10, 2009 5:18 AM

May 2007
Found the last episode funnier. Zange is cute and the production company surely know how to enhance our viewing pleasure through her various parts. This NON-service is killing me, in a good way.
Jan 19, 2009 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
Shoot, we almost got a confession out of this episode!

Even though the plot from the first episode is all but abandoned now, at least the show is consistently funny. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 15, 2009 11:42 PM

Dec 2008

LMAO

I would so pick Nagi but Tsumugi would be my second pick.
Jul 25, 2009 2:51 PM

May 2009
Nice one, tsugumi versus zange seems to be fun...

...with tsugumi winning of course, she's the cutest^^
Sep 3, 2009 12:45 PM

Sep 2008
Another filler? Oh well, no plot progression for anyone. Pure entertainment is good too, but I probably watched this series with the wrong expectations and ideas in mind... XD Probably would've enjoyed watching it more if I hadn't expected so much.

Still a good episode. I liked seeing Tsugumi around a lot, and the misunderstandings were pretty hilarious.
Sep 4, 2009 1:23 PM

Apr 2009
That was a really funny episode. I like how it took the typical cliches of romance animes and turned them on its head with their own unique twists.

Apr 26, 2010 2:59 PM

Aug 2008
Great ep. Tsugumi was adorable. The guy in the hall with Daitetsu had me laughing.
Oct 30, 2010 2:23 AM
Jun 2008
Trevelyan said:

LMAO

Haha, that part cracked me up XD. I loved the reaction of everyone to the 'forbidden love'
Dec 8, 2011 9:17 AM
Jan 2010
aaronluis26 said:

It almost feels like they abandoned following a story in favor of comical fillers.

Now that's a surprise. New to anime adaptations, are you?
May 2, 2012 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
I wish I was him... at the end. :(
May 27, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2011
Ah...the rumor just gone bad to worst there

Still LOVE it!
Mar 15, 2013 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Though I'd love to see more serious romantic development
May 15, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2012
This episode was actually pretty funny, although still not any proper story development, which is sad...
Jun 7, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
When that guy gave Daitetsu a love letter, pure gold :)
Apr 1, 2014 2:35 AM
Sep 2009
RafaelDeJongh said:
This episode was actually pretty funny, although still not any proper story development, which is sad...

Unfortunately, if you expect the series to go anywhere, it doesn't. The manga will introduce something that suggests something important's going to happend and... doesn't do anything with it. A few people have called various eps "filler", but these eps do indeed follow the manga. I still like the anime, though!
Jul 3, 2014 4:10 AM
Mar 2013
Tsugumi, what have you done? Shouting that out in the hallway is bound to cause rumors! Best part of the episode was Jin's reaction xD

The scene was Tsugumi walked in on Jin taking a bath was also funny too though. Aww, they look so cute together in the flashback <3

Asako said:
Better episode than the last one. Some good moments... but not enough Nagi. :(
I agree. I really want to know what's going on with her alter-ego.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.