Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2013 11:38 PM
Nov 2012
Personally, I hate male characters who blush at every single encounter with a female. It just annoys me so much. Also, female characters who tend to hit or use physical force a lot, which is like every female lead, so it gets old fast.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2013 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
This topic may have been done before, but...

I don't like overpowered characters. I know, such a brave opinion right? Most character traits don't really bother me besides absurdly high power levels. I can generally deal with a trait as long as it's genuinely part of their character.

I miss image BBC Code. May this sig stand as a testament to SSJMaster's power.
Jan 4, 2013 11:57 PM

Oct 2012
Annoying traits like being obnoxious or whiny and generally following genre cliches.

Jan 5, 2013 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
Wimpy characters that make you want to fucking clobber them.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Jan 5, 2013 12:01 AM

Sep 2008
That fat boy from Accel World. It's the only series where I've dropped, picked up, dropped and picked up again all coz of 1 annoying character. I think it's the only series which I've actually dropped within 10 mins of seeing episode 1 after seeing the MC be a little bitch.
Jan 5, 2013 12:02 AM

Oct 2011
yeah i get that overpowered thing i hate when all a character does to overpower their enemy is use more power or something it would be so much better if they just displayed some level of skill and outsmarted the enemy ok i'll say it i just really hate Naruto
Jan 5, 2013 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
That they overcome all problems by "believing" in themselves.

Character flaws do not have to be "beaten." In fact, it's often better that they never beat it. Or at least make the journey satisfying rather than ass-pull.
Jan 5, 2013 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
Arogant with no proof.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 5, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2012
When the shy female always feels helpless, incapable of understanding others, and cry about every small problem

Fucking God I can't stand that
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 5, 2013 12:09 AM

Dec 2012
Wimpy main characters that hesitate to do something and it ends up taking up a whole fuckin episode to do something.. (Fate/Stay Night for example)
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 5, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
Male-Whiny little pushover who can't do anything by themselves, can't talk to girl with confidence, doesn't know how to defend himself when the tsunderes attack, and are so paste eating retarded that you just want to punch them in their little whiny face.There are A LOT of male leads like this and it needs to end.

Female- Treats everyone like crap(especially their love interest), has short hair, can't defend themselves, hypocrite, retarded, and worst of all, if they interfere with the relationships of other to the point of madness. Yeah I got you want the guy,but hows about not being an annoying bitch who only creates filler episodes where the plot doesn't develop. Oh my here I go ranting.
Try to defeat me but try in vain.
When I win I end your pain.
Jan 5, 2013 12:10 AM

Aug 2012
The whole I dont know who I really am bullshit.
Jan 5, 2013 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
characters who think they're are special and they think they should be treated like like an elite **cough** Asuka **cough***
Jan 5, 2013 4:22 AM
Apr 2012
Overpowered, too arrogant (esp females with "watakushi/desu wa" accent), harmful tsundere, indecisive and weak damsel in distress, and wimpy characters.
Jan 5, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
Male tsundere, fuck those guys.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Jan 5, 2013 4:30 AM

Jan 2012
Incredibly shy characters,they are not fun to watch
Jan 5, 2013 4:47 AM
Nov 2012
I don't like any characters with exaggerated personalities who have anime-only traits - in other words unrealistic.

Tsunderes stand out in particular though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 4:56 AM

Nov 2009
I don't like characters that are just universally useless yet because they look cute they have such a huge following.

Anyone who knows me will know exactly what character I would mean.
Jan 5, 2013 5:04 AM

Mar 2012
A few types

The harem bastard who is ever so oblivious of the girl's feelings

The sissy which blushes on encounters with females

And finally, the motherfucking douche bags,assholes and jackasses.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Jan 5, 2013 5:09 AM
Jun 2012
If they're ugly, weak and wimpy.
Jan 5, 2013 5:13 AM
Dec 2012
weak wimpy character that goes around saying he/she will save everyone but her/him self always being save by other ppl....for exmple d gray man...
hey you..that middle finger is looking at you
Jan 5, 2013 5:17 AM
Jun 2012
kano95 said:
weak wimpy character that goes around saying he/she will save everyone but her/him self always being save by other ppl....for exmple d gray man...

Lenalee (Noah's Ark arc)?
Jan 5, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
Lack of originality and/or poor writing.
Jan 5, 2013 8:47 AM
Dec 2012
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

lenalee was one of it but she a lot better than the MC allan walker...
Jan 5, 2013 8:48 AM
Jul 2012
abusive tsunderes and male leads that don't do anything about it.
Jan 5, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2012
all you need to know
Jan 5, 2013 8:52 AM

Mar 2011
irredeemable piece of shit
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jan 5, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
This. This. THIS.
Jan 5, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
Anyone who behaves like Major from Hellsing Ultimate. Sunuvabitx was annoying.
Jan 5, 2013 9:00 AM
Dec 2012
If they are coward like Kirito or the mirai nikki protagonist
Jan 5, 2013 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
pokecenter said:
does major u mean Integra in hellsing ultimate?
Jan 5, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
kano95 said:
pokecenter said:

No, the Major ossan...small, fat, blonde hair, glasses, creepy way to laugh, repeating himself over and over, annoying the sh*t out of me.
Jan 5, 2013 9:12 AM
Nov 2008
If the character is supposed to be hated, I don't mind. But if is something like, the main character, and the story tries to hard to make him/her "likeable" is just bad, bad writing.
Jan 5, 2013 9:13 AM
Dec 2012
pokecenter said:
kano95 said:
pokecenter said:

No, the Major ossan...small, fat, blonde hair, glasses, creepy way to laugh, repeating himself over and over, annoying the sh*t out of me.
LOL....100% agree with u..
Jan 5, 2013 9:21 AM
Sep 2011
Sociopaths who get away with being sociopaths,

Female characters who use their looks to manipulate people.

Characters who act like they're better than others, and create unnecessary conflict by being really stubborn and ignorant.

Characters who are bland and useless, especially if they spend much of the show's run crying and whining, and are surrounded by much more competent and active characters.

Saying "Tuturu~" too many times.
Jan 5, 2013 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
Kahpow said:
Personally, I hate male characters who blush at every single encounter with a female. It just annoys me so much. Also, female characters who tend to hit or use physical force a lot, which is like every female lead, so it gets old fast.

I actually agree with both these. Both are unrealistic and annoying.

JavierR said:

And this is kinda similar, but +100 here too. So goddamn retarded.

RLinksoul said:
Female characters who use their looks to manipulate people.

Also this.
Jan 5, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2012
>Useless characters.
>Unrealistic perfect characters - Characters without any single flaw just doesn't look human.
>Emo characters - Like Sasuke from Naruto.
>Characters that are just to fill a cliche space and have no background or development - i.e. loli in harem
Jan 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2008
Erenle said:
This topic may have been done before, but...

I don't like overpowered characters. I know, such a brave opinion right? Most character traits don't really bother me besides absurdly high power levels. I can generally deal with a trait as long as it's genuinely part of their character.

But what if their trait is about being overpowered. Rare thing but it exist.
Jan 5, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
High-pitched voices.
I tend to dislike characters with a high-pitched voice.

Jan 5, 2013 10:06 AM
Jun 2012
kano95 said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

What are you smoking? He was a little lame before his innocence evolved but Allen isn't weak or wimpy and he certainly doesn't always get "saved" by everyone . That, and the only exorcist on his level is Marian Cross. Every other exorcist would get ROFL stomped by Allen post-Crown Clown.
Jan 5, 2013 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
Madeline said:
kano95 said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

What are you smoking? He was a little lame

I agree, wasn't the best example.
Jan 5, 2013 10:59 AM
Mar 2012
the usually stuck up characters that never get hurt or get told throughout the whole series, while all other characters are going through pain. Always overprotected by the plot and always getting screentime
Jan 5, 2013 11:03 AM
Dec 2012
pokecenter said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

that only after his innocence evolve...from what i see before his innocence evo;ve he on;y a normal axorcist that running around saying that he will save them...he even lost to road at 1st 10 ep...and if im no mistaken he also hestitate on fighting road that time...

however this is only my opinion..people opinian are different and i respected that..
Jan 5, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
- Characters that, despite being there, don't serve any purpose
- Characters that don't ever develop
- Characters that are like the perfection itself
- Characters that makes fun at everything and just lacks a serious side
- Females that are made strong by making them violent
Why does the world want to become one? Dreams and ideals are not supposed to be the same.
Jan 5, 2013 11:58 AM
Jun 2012
kano95 said:
pokecenter said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

that only after his innocence evolve...from what i see before his innocence evo;ve he on;y a normal axorcist that running around saying that he will save them...he even lost to road at 1st 10 ep...and if im no mistaken he also hestitate on fighting road that time...

however this is only my opinion..people opinian are different and i respected that..

Jan 5, 2013 12:02 PM
Jan 2013
Bad writing certainly goes a long way.

The harem characters often annoy me to no end.

Also, the pervy best friend who is a loser. Basically all of Greg Ayres roles lol
JellzJan 5, 2013 12:06 PM
Jan 5, 2013 12:05 PM

Feb 2012
I can't stand it when useless characters who never do anything give really pretentious speeches and act like everything must be done according to their shortsighted morals.
Jan 5, 2013 12:19 PM
Dec 2012
Madeline said:
kano95 said:
pokecenter said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:
Madeline said:
kano95 said:

i guess u right...after all i watch it only until ep 9x or something...wasn't a best example i guess..T.T
Jan 5, 2013 12:38 PM
Nov 2012
characters that are too perfect without any flaws.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite romance

Jackson_rajkumar - 7 hours ago

45 by Nirinbo »»
4 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

135 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» What are some shows that are commonly credited to change someone's life?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

16 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
19 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

60 by curvedtree »»
26 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

70 by -Ryu »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.