Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 30, 2012 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't really like Iori's attitude much this episode especially in the latter half.

I liked Yui this episode though. Looks like next time it's some shit is going to happen between Iori and Inaba.

Dat cheek kiss:
Dec 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Aug 2008
Iori is broken down.
Dec 30, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
More coldness from Iori. Wonder when she'll finally snap out of it.
Dec 31, 2012 6:17 AM

Jun 2011
Taichi, I don't mind you yell out "I got rejected." but please don't do it on the streets again.

Love Inaba's face here

The "Watashi kininarimasu" face

I don't think any of the characters understand what Iori is thinking. Even if she snap out of it, she will just be back to faking her smile face. But I think that both Iori are her "true" selves. She just needs someone that accept her dark self. She needs someone that can be with her even if she doesn't pretend to smile. (This reminds me of Chia from Bungaku Shoujo so much).
ShihDec 31, 2012 2:52 PM
Dec 31, 2012 3:43 PM

Jan 2008
Inaban was so much fun this episode and the cheek kiss part was hilarious.

That ending... I think everything would have been solved if Inaban simply said "Thank you" after Iori said all that, as in for sharing what she really thought... but no.
Dec 31, 2012 4:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Paul said:
That ending... I think everything would have been solved if Inaban simply said "Thank you" after Iori said all that, as in for sharing what she really thought... but no.
Maybe that might happen in the first part of the next episode? They sometimes do that - pick right up where they left off.
Dec 31, 2012 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
I love Inaban's grins and evil laughs ;) This anime is so fun. Small ideas like hearing each others thoughts and yet I really didn't seen something like that anywhere else.
Dec 31, 2012 5:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Misiakk said:
I love Inaban's grins and evil laughs ;) This anime is so fun. Small ideas like hearing each others thoughts and yet I really didn't seen something like that anywhere else.

Taichi pegged her the previous episode (and made me laugh): "The gap between your outer appearance and the darkness in your heart is too deep."
Dec 31, 2012 5:12 PM

Jun 2011
I thought Aoki would be the one that would help Iori with her identity problem.

I guess I had my hopes up that he would do something interesting, kinda disappointed but still great 2 episodes. (hopefully he does something in 16 & 17).
Dec 31, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
Since Inaba was getting on my nerve too since she was too obsessed by Taichi despite Iori's concern about her own personality, I was relieved when Iori told her that she's annoyed. I like seeing this side of Iori! Maybe because I'm jealous of her since she don't give a damn about the other and just act as she wants, which it's something you can't do if you think of the consequences.

I think I'm the only one who isn't fond of Inaba.

And I can't wait to see a frustated Iori next episode! Because I love that voice acting of Aki Toyosaki! :)
KuriniDec 31, 2012 5:23 PM
Dec 31, 2012 5:19 PM
Sep 2012
Wow. Inori's depression gets even more intense. At least she finally told Inaba what was bothering her.

I LOL'd at everyone cringing at how Taichi was so happy that his sister gave her first kiss on his cheek.
Dec 31, 2012 5:27 PM

Dec 2011
its getting even more intense...

and it looked like iori was gonna punch someone...

inaba........?
Dec 31, 2012 5:42 PM

Oct 2012
Inaba is my favorite but Iori was so awesome in this episode, I love that side of her
Dec 31, 2012 5:50 PM

May 2012
AiCon said:
Wow. Inori's depression gets even more intense. At least she finally told Inaba what was bothering her.

I LOL'd at everyone cringing at how Taichi was so happy that his sister gave her first kiss on his cheek.

I lol'd at that part too. That fact that Taichi even had to do a sit down with his sis to explain that she can't love him because they were siblings was funny in itself. Awkward moments like those always crack me up.

I honestly have to say, I'm enjoying the fact that Iori has a yandere sort of side, this has probably been the most interesting thing about the show for me.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Dec 31, 2012 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
Inoris position is very interesting, but im kinda tired of everyone saying "you are not acting normal." i mean i get it everyone is in shock but still XD Also, I love how adorable Inaba is, DEFINITELY my favorite character in this anime :3 Taichi overreacting to a kiss on the cheek was hilarious XD

can't wait for the rest to be subbed!
Dec 31, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
Iori is just not making any sense. it seems like what she wants is for someone to accept even her shitty side. but thats just it, its a shitty side lol
Dec 31, 2012 6:15 PM
Oct 2010
sisters first kiss. fuck yea. rofl their disgusted faces. iori getting on my nerves. talks inaba into being true to her feelings then twists that around on her. wouldve shanked that bitch right there.

seems like they have to be true to themselves or something according to sensei and what hes told yui and aoki

next ep when, who is iori throwin fists at 0_o
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 31, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
I'm expecting a bitchslap in the start of next ep.
Dec 31, 2012 8:36 PM

Jan 2011
I think I can detect a crisis coming for a cliffhanger next episode. It appears that as soon as any members of the club become strong enough individuals to get through the difficulties Heartseed loses interest in them...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 31, 2012 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE INABA FEELS
Dec 31, 2012 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Though not as impressive as the last, this was a pretty good episode, as it further delved into the complexities of Iori’s internal complications, as well as the difficulties that the rest of the group were facing in their attempts to understand her, which became slightly repetitious, but not too overtly so. The dramatic elements that were heavily interspersed throughout the episode, though seemingly contrived at certain moments, were consistently effective, due, in large part, to the relatively skillful execution of this episode, as it possessed a certain balance that really elevated several scenes. The humorous moments throughout this episode were thoroughly effective in lightening the atmosphere, much to the episode’s benefit. As such, the entire conversation between Taichi and his sister was particularly amusing, though equally disturbing.

Iori’s well-constructed façade has been considerably fractured, as she finally rids herself of the manufactured emotions that she had been displaying for so long, which was an excellent development, and hopefully one that’s partially permanent. Of course, this transition within her personality has been meticulously developed from the start, allowing for an exceptionally satisfying portrayal of her nuanced development and the complex characterization that is composed of an abundance of fragmentary emotions. This, in turn, has directly compelled her into a sort of emotionally detached isolation, since she has consistently felt a naïve inclination towards solely indulging one aspect of her emotions, rather than the entirety of them. She essentially needs someone that would appreciate every element of her personality, but, at the very least, it certainly seems that Taichi doesn't fully possess the ability to understand her seemingly contrasting sensibilities. Though excessively cold and uncaring, Iori’s newly-realized, brutally honest personality seems to be a far more suitable one, so I’m hoping she retains the core elements of this characterization, which appears quite likely, since reverting her necessary development would be detrimental to the established narrative.

Inaba was, once again, fantastic in this episode, most evident in her often amusing, but occasionally romantic interactions with Taichi, such as their conversation in the restaurant. Taichi and Inaba’s relationship is the best and most engaging aspect of the narrative, due partially to their immense chemistry, as well as their subtly illustrated emotional connection, wonderfully accentuated by their conversation at the park in the last episode or their wonderfully natural interactions in this one, which consistently serve to highlight how well they complement one another. As such, these intermittent touches of romance within their established dynamic throughout the beginning of this arc have subtly developed their relationship in a manner that’s exceedingly satisfying.

The direction throughout this episode was occasionally superb, but largely stale. This episode was very well-paced, balancing a plethora of dramatic elements with an infusion of relatively effective comedy. Musically, this episode was quite good, but partially unspectacular, save for the melancholic selection that was used throughout Iori and Inaba's final confrontation. The OP was decent, but not particularly memorable. The ED was pretty good, but definitely the worst, and nowhere close to the brilliance of the last one. However, I did like that the ED essentially visualizes Iori’s isolation.

All in all, though, at times, needlessly dramatic, Kokoro Connect has satisfied immensely with the first two episodes of this concluding arc. The narrative has become considerably more compelling, since this particular arc is drawing upon a plethora of foreshadowed elements within Iori’s surprisingly complex development. This is definitely the best arc so far, and, having read the LN’s, that perception is only going to solidify throughout the final two episodes. As such, I’m really looking forward to the last two episodes, so hopefully they will provide a satisfying conclusion to one of the most impressive surprises of the year.
Dec 31, 2012 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
I'm sorry... I really had to upload and share this xD!

jarylcJan 1, 2013 7:28 PM
Jan 1, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2010
Why Iori being such a shut out? she said that she cant handle it anymore and people have this "idea" of what she should be like, she need to stop feeling sorry for herself. someone need to give her one hell of a shacking to snap he out of it.

on to the next episode.
Jan 1, 2013 12:48 AM

Dec 2010
Inaba continues to be amazing but seriously what the heck Iori, ok don't misunderstand i can get why she get frustrated with people telling her to act "normal" considering the very idea that they think they understand her inner self may cause irritation, but not to the extent where you shut out the world, i mean if she is that broken would voicing out her thoughts fairly really be all that bad, if they don't get it, then make them understand, unless she really just hates life and everybody in it, because if she actually has the desire for her "true self" to be understood she is taking no steps to fulfill that intention.
Jan 1, 2013 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
Woooo ! Iori must stay like this ! This is so interesting to watch ! Heart's seed ! Good job !
Jan 1, 2013 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
Dat cheek kiss:

That was seriously epic! Taichi's inner siscon has been unleashed. (Can't blame him though... Rina is seriously cute) The rest of their reactions were just priceless haha

I'm seriously starting to get the Heartseed vibes from Iori. It's like her tone and attitude sounds like him. Hate to say it... but I agreed with Iori about Inaba being completely selfish in that matter. Though Iori's still being a bitch about this whole incident.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 1, 2013 2:07 AM
Aug 2011
Sure, everyone in the show who heard his thoughts about his sisters kiss to him, went "ew", the siscons and/or lolicons behind the screens were, "lucky basdard"
Jan 1, 2013 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Sure, everyone in the show who heard his thoughts about his sisters kiss to him, went "ew", the siscons and/or lolicons behind the screens were, "lucky basdard"

Haha agreed :D
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 1, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who just want's someone to slap the shit out of Iori? Really hating what they're doing with this character.

Oh my god a teenage girl confused about her emotions... What a unique snowflake. Society needs to somehow preserve her mind for future generations to study less this tragedy ever befall another. Because it's truly the first time in the history of the human race that anyone has ever had that problem. ever. Completely understandable that she would turn into a total bitch overnight

ya ya I know pretty much every high school story goes over the top like this, this instance just rubs me the wrong way for some reason
Jan 1, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2011
Iori has shown once again why she's the best character in this series. I still ship Inaba and Taichi because they work out better as a pairing, but Iori has so many complexities that make her really incredible. She was nothing short of fantastic in this episode.
Jan 1, 2013 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
Deivi said:
Am I the only one who just want's someone to slap the shit out of Iori?

No, you're not. She is way too edgy for my liking.
Jan 1, 2013 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
I really like Inaba in this episode :D the cute face... the romantic feelings for Taichi it's awesome sauce! Iori became a bitch, a broken bitch <-- (oohhh i liked the word xD) "ahem" anyways I wanna knock the sense out of her for acting strange to everyone especially her friends. Geez trouble some girl >_>
Jan 1, 2013 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
Really Taichi x Inaba is the best, their interactions are top level.

I laughed my ass off at Taichi " A kiss on the cheek from my Imouto, Hell Yeah!!"
And everyone..."Kimo!" hahahahahahaha XD
His sister really is cute :)

I'm liking how Heartseed is asking everyone about their thoughts but well, it seems he won't be doing that again.
Jan 1, 2013 9:37 AM

Feb 2009
Iori is a teenage girl isn't she, as far as I know your character isn't set in stone; you usually decide who you are.

Taichi has some sister-con going on for him.

Well I think the five are strong, no one attempted suicide yet.
Jan 1, 2013 9:37 AM
May 2012
i would prefer the imouto(妹) route, but seriously, thats the best imouto chara i've seen--- suge urayamashi (すげ一 うらやましい)
Jan 1, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
Favorite part of this episode

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post unless you need it for discussion. No screenshot dumping please.
Also, please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaJan 2, 2013 8:48 AM
Jan 1, 2013 10:30 AM
Jul 2011
Iori needs to stop being a coward. She's in this situation because she spent her whole life letting other people define her. Now that she's stopped doing that she's moping around trying to figure out 'who she is', as if it were something that the universe is supposed to hand to her.

She's indulging the same pattern and getting pissy because it's still not working. She needs to take responsibility. Instead of trying to figure out 'who she is' she needs to decide who she wants to be and do what it takes to be that kind of person. It's called 'growing up'.

Her friends have missed opportunities to tell her this in their conversations, but I don't blame them since they're all high-school students. Really it came out strongly in the conversation with Yui - "Would you still be my friend if I were a horrible cirminal?"

The obvious response is, "Are you planning to become a horrible criminal? If so then I'm planning to stop you. You may say it's not my business, but I'll cause whatever trouble I need to for you because I care about you."

If Iori can't get her shit together then she needs to change her clothing style so people can know she's proper emo.
-------------------------------------------
Still waiting for MOAR HARUHI!
Jan 1, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2012
I want a cheek kiss from that imouto too.
Jan 1, 2013 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
Setsuna200 said:
Favorite part of this episode
-snip-

Haha the youtube link above I posted is all about that xD

Just couldn't resist. Probably the funniest part of the Michi Random specials
Jan 1, 2013 1:08 PM
Jul 2012
Don't like the arguement drama.
Tachi seems to not intrest me anymore.
Wow they kidnap Inaba.
2/5 don't really like this episode.
Jan 1, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly didn't like iori this episode. I think she is hurting herself more than she needs to, and others along with her. If she's conflicting with her own desires and emotions that involve the club, how can she suddenly just change her personality, and then say it is her real self, then say it is none of their business? If she had multiple personalities this whole time to meet other's expectations, how can she know which is her true self? I honestly think she is just lying to herself. She needs to realize that she is her own self, and she should be the iorie she wants to be. I mean, Ik that sometimes unwanted help can be irritating and negative, but I don't think she should have to create a conflict for them aswell.
AnimeHAwk616Jan 1, 2013 2:48 PM
Jan 1, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
Inaba's reactions to the things Taichi says to her are just too good. Meanwhile everybody now thinks Taichi is a siscon. xD

Iori's really starting to get shunned more and more. The group is starting to fall apart too, even though they have a presentation to do. This is a mess.

Jan 1, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2010
Deivi said:
Am I the only one who just want's someone to slap the shit out of Iori? Really hating what they're doing with this character.

Yes ur the only one :D
i love the dark side from Iori after all every one have his dark side ^^"
Jan 1, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2011
I wouldn't want to be friends with Iori, that's for sure. The overload of drama is making me cringe. Everybody just needs to calm down. If Iori doesn't want to be friends with them anymore, then just let her go. Urgh. This "omg you saved me!!!111!!!" thing is getting really cheesy.
Jan 1, 2013 6:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mayobe said:
Iori needs to stop being a coward. She's in this situation because she spent her whole life letting other people define her. Now that she's stopped doing that she's moping around trying to figure out 'who she is', as if it were something that the universe is supposed to hand to her.

She's indulging the same pattern and getting pissy because it's still not working. She needs to take responsibility. Instead of trying to figure out 'who she is' she needs to decide who she wants to be and do what it takes to be that kind of person. It's called 'growing up'.

Her friends have missed opportunities to tell her this in their conversations, but I don't blame them since they're all high-school students. Really it came out strongly in the conversation with Yui - "Would you still be my friend if I were a horrible cirminal?"

The obvious response is, "Are you planning to become a horrible criminal? If so then I'm planning to stop you. You may say it's not my business, but I'll cause whatever trouble I need to for you because I care about you."

If Iori can't get her shit together then she needs to change her clothing style so people can know she's proper emo.

Totally agree! I think she's thinking waaay too hard about who she "is" and also too preoccupied with disliking how others think about how her true self. Even though everyone has heard Iori's negative and (pretty much) rude thoughts, they're still trying to help her but she's just being distant and not trying to resolve anything.

The drama aside, I loved the part where Inaba, Yui, and Aoki all thought "ew" when they heard Taichi's thought about his little sister's first kiss XD I'm glad there still some comedy in the midst of all this drama.
Jan 1, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2011
Now that Iori blurted it out... I didnt expect this! This is escalating so fast!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 8:08 PM

May 2011
Dat yummy imouto

Huh? Oh. Yeah. The drama in this episode. Inaba going totally cold is actually quite fun. I'm still rooting for Yui's friend zone, the sad fifth character and second male; it's so sad I don't even remember his name. Aoki, was it?
Jan 1, 2013 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
Iori blaming Inaban for everything there at the end was so freaking annoying. If anything its Iori's fault for going along with it, and acting like she was okay with the whole situation. If she wasn't then she should of said something from the beginning instead of bringing it all up now. And her acting like a freaking robot is annoying as hell, and I just want to slap some sense into her...seriously.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 2, 2013 1:16 AM

Jul 2012
They're dealing with this really poorly. They should be able to see why she's acting the way she is but...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 2, 2013 2:21 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Story is so dark when Iori is all emotionless!!

"Save me!" made me cringe but at least they cleared that up with Yui. How many times was "rejected" said this episode? Made it sound so dark.

I liked how a managed a few laughs at least in this episode which is so refreshing in this bunch of drama. I still enjoyed this, but to be frank, the episode's overall feel is depressing. Hopefully the story will get out of this depression and I can see a few more smiles next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

463 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.