Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 6, 2012 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Damn, I was looking forward to more of an exciting fight than that but oh well. I guess it had to end this time around. It also looked like Oda gained control of the flaming BIM as well. Damn.

The history between those two weren't pleasant imo. It seemed to have involved a girl..and from there, turned bad. Holy shit @ ending also. I knew that would happen tbh but I hope he survives.
Stark700Dec 6, 2012 8:08 PM
Dec 6, 2012 7:45 PM

May 2011
Damn, the last scene was nuts!

So we have epic action next week, I suppose.
Dec 6, 2012 7:53 PM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Damn, I was looking forward to more of an exciting fight than that but oh well. I guess it had to end this time around. It also looked like Oda gained control of the flaming BIM as well. Damn.

The history between those two weren't pleasant imo. It seemed to have involved a girl..and from there, turned bad. Holy shit @ ending also. I knew that would happen tbh but I hope he srurvives.
I was hoping for a great showdown as well. At least Ryota's survival was at least plausible instead of something unrealistic, aka SAO.

That last scene was like damn! I was wondering when Date would betray them. I was surprised that he was able to keep up that act for so long.

Next week epic showdown!
Dec 6, 2012 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
There's a part coming up next time with Himiko that I'm dying to see animated.
Dec 6, 2012 9:18 PM
Oct 2010
dr.dick needs to die. hope that happens next week

crazy ep. ryouta fucked that dude up in school
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 6, 2012 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
Epic episode. Date is cunning any person would believe him in real life especially since he is a doctor. Their people anyone one trust, not in this case.
Man they need to hurry up and kill him and get back to Oda I want to see the reaction between the Ryouta and him
Dec 6, 2012 9:32 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, we got some more insight on the doctor!
And they will meet again with the Murasaki lady!

Of course, Sakamoto would survive on this one.
I wanna see what kind of strategy they will use to avoid that close range explosion!
Better be clever like how he avoided the remote controlled bomb by Oda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2012 9:41 PM
Feb 2012
Only two more episodes?

Is it even possible to end it now? Second season?

I was disappointed, I wanted Sakamoto to go all out against Oda.

That insert song though, I'm loving it! Any idea who it is by?
Dec 6, 2012 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
catt101 said:
Only two more episodes?

Actually yes: they have adapted almost 7 volumes (out of 9 currently available) so far. They even skipped an irrelevant chapter and made some slight changes in this episode in order to keep the plot moving forward. My suspect is that they´ll end it with the 8th book conclusion...

NEXT EPISODE!!

Yeah, right. Do they even have the time for that? :P
Dec 6, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2011
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
catt101 said:
Only two more episodes?

Actually yes: they have adapted almost 7 volumes (out of 9 currently available) so far. They even skipped an irrelevant chapter and made some slight changes in this episode in order to keep the plot moving forward. My suspect is that they´ll end it with the 8th book conclusion...

NEXT EPISODE!!

Yeah, right. Do they even have the time for that? :P

ROFLMAO I DIED.

Sakamoto is really naiive. I think he should trust his teammates too. But then again, Himiko's history with trusting boys isn't great so...

Overall, good episode. The end annoyed me. Maybe I'll pick up the manga again.
Dec 6, 2012 10:07 PM

May 2008
So far based on evidence Date has done quite a good job , now the only problem is he failed to trick Himiko. I believe Oda has a reason for doing something like that to another girl , if not he wouldnt give such a sad face.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 6, 2012 10:13 PM

Jun 2012

Haha nice look there Light... err I mean Ryota

Why are you so polarizing Ryota!? During BIM fights you're really smart and a cool character to root for. But when it comes to human interaction you are a complete dumbass. He'll probably survive and his smart side will come through again as usual. If I had to guess, I think Murasaki probably saw something earlier and was the one who warned Himiko regarding Date and his true personality

This episode just made me reaffirm that the character designs, for the women at least, are really unappealing. Their faces look a little off to where when sex comes up, I find it jarring because they don't look hot. What's odd is Madhouse also did Highschool of the Dead where those girls were insanely sexy.
HybridMBLDec 6, 2012 10:17 PM
Dec 6, 2012 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
bombed again? LOL.
this MC can never catch a break can he
Dec 6, 2012 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
Dat fight.

And wow, Sakamoto got NTR'ed in highschool 0_o Well, not exactly, since she wasn't really his girlfriend or anything.

Annoying cliff hanger at the end though :/

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 6, 2012 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit! That viewpoint thingy got me good. xd

Fuck!... right! left! right! left! right! left! right! left! right! left! ... that's how I would've given it to Oda for sleeping with the girl that I was crazy about, even after being aware that I do.... Friends right?

OK... We all know that he survived that... I'm betting that he came up with a plan in that second.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 6, 2012 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
Sakamoto is far too gullible. He's lucky he's the MC otherwise he'd be dead already.

Judging by this pace the anime is on track to finish the anime at the end of chapter 50 which is the perfect spot to end it at. Atleast I hope so.. it would be a shame if they did an anime-original ending.
Dec 6, 2012 11:07 PM

Jan 2010
Disappointing. It felt like a waste of an episode.

We get a flashback, but we already knew that Sakamoto is a cretin in the real world. Then, after the fake outcome of their fight, Oda simply vanishes.

We already knew that Himiko mistrusts Date. We already knew that Sakamoto is an idiot when it comes to this type of thing. And we're used to bombs going off that look like Sakamoto is sure to die but… we'll have to wait until next week to discover how he sidesteps death this time.
Dec 6, 2012 11:54 PM

Feb 2012
wtf. Sakamoto. Soo Dumb. Why are you like that? /facepalms.

One of the dumbest MC's ive seen. Oh well.
Altaria-chanDec 6, 2012 11:59 PM
Dec 7, 2012 12:05 AM

Feb 2012
well....time to find out next week how he survives lol
Dec 7, 2012 12:07 AM
Dec 2012
I am surprised the MC has even made it this far. I almost face palmed when he said "Oh, we have to learn to trust people!" bs. Doesn't he know the phrase, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"? He's so naive it's almost agonizing to watch. The MC should have learned to not trust people by now. If a little kid could become a psychopath why wouldn't he think the same of a doctor? so annoying. This episode was O.K, but Sakamoto's stupidity is hard to handle sometimes.
Dec 7, 2012 12:14 AM

Dec 2008
I hope there will be a second season of this.
Dec 7, 2012 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
I hope they finish everything this season but i dont think that likely.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 7, 2012 1:28 AM

Jun 2010
Laurux said:
I hope there will be a second season of this.

I think the chances of a second season is poor. They skipped a chapter. Sakamoto chasing and getting in a fight with Kira again is not really important but Sakamoto learned the way to search for a bomb in an area of effect from Kira in that chapter they skipped. Madhouse skipped it knowing that it's relevant. I am pretty sure Madhouse won't make any original content to make Sakamoto learn that certain technique ( although it's impossible ). Btooom! is good but the adaptation isn't really going well. I mean they did a good job adapting the manga but the budget they poured on this series is quite low. It's just a hunch but I think Madhouse skipped that chapter because they won't be making a second season anyways.

But IMO, this series needs a second season. Nothing is gonna end with just 12 episodes.
Dec 7, 2012 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode.
Dec 7, 2012 1:41 AM

May 2012
I never expected Sakamoto and Oda would have history with one another! And Oda snaking Sakamoto's crush like that was a major WTF moment! XD

Hopefully Dr. Douchebag gets a cracker shoved up his ass next week!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Dec 7, 2012 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
Ryota was smart to deceive Oda by making it look like he had picked up the trunk. Kousuke gets his BIMs back, aw shit. So cute to see Himiko hugging Ryota while blushing. xD

Oda and Ryota were good friends back in high school. Oda slept and did it with Aiko and ultimately betrayed Ryota's trust. Loved it when Ryota kept punching Oda. He totally deserved that.

Date hands the trunk over to Ryota and Himiko comes running over yelling to Ryota that there's a BIM in the trunk. Great way to end the episode. Date finally reveals his true douchebag-self lmao.
Next episode is gonna be awesome. :DD
Dec 7, 2012 3:10 AM

Dec 2010
Ryota constantly fluctuates between dumb and smart and Himiko flutuates between being a victim to almost kicking ass but still young weak willed girl at heart.
Dec 7, 2012 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
can't wait for next week, some epicness is coming!
Dec 7, 2012 3:56 AM
Jun 2008
evil fat host & others are watching ryota match rocker guy seeing how ryota survive til a moment wait two realize have they met before?

after exhaust bombing with kira appear take back his bomb & himiko checking on ryota give seeing rocker person remind a person from his school time.

during know a guy used to be a pal til he steal a girl from ryota cue beatdown & notice it same person while speaking of rocker he stuck with lizard lady.

& yea himiko still don't trust the doctor person so ryota being huh yea so try get medicine til yep the doctor is LIE cue boom on ryota?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 7, 2012 3:56 AM

Feb 2011
NO ! THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN ! HE'S OK , THAT'S WHY THE NEXT EP'S NAME IS REVIVAL . IT'S ALLRIGHT !

Dem cliffhanger .
Dec 7, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
That was a pretty smart way to avoid Oda's trap, but in the end the result was he lost BIMs cause he can't kill anyone. Also little plot-hole, how did Oda use the radar the see if Ryouta was alive when he was still?

We are left with another cliffhanger but I'm sure Sakamoto is alive.
Overall good episode, excited for next week.
Dec 7, 2012 5:15 AM

May 2010
I don't know what to say about sakamoto's naivety.I mean he didn't even listened to what Himiko said & went on his lecture about how we should trust others..
Dec 7, 2012 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
I don't know what to say about sakamoto's naivety.I mean he didn't even listened to what Himiko said & went on his lecture about how we should trust others..

so your saying he's naive because he didnt TRUST himeko when she told him not to TRUST date? lol why are you ok with him trusting himeko when she pretty much tried to kill him. date shared his food and hasnt used any bims.

makes more sense to ditch himeko and trust date from his point of view
Dec 7, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2012
Man what Oda did back in the day was wrong, but I hope he and Sakamoto will clear this out, and team up later on, I like that dude, he's bad ass + he's pro when it comes to Btooom.

Anyway by the preview looks like the next episode is the last one of that doctor, can't wait to see him die.
Dec 7, 2012 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
WrathSC said:

Again...

lol
Dec 7, 2012 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
That was a nice episode, but they started to change things, i hope they don't make an original ending, i want chapter 50 =(.
Dec 7, 2012 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
That bomb inside the suitcase was pretty predictable to me ^_^
Dec 7, 2012 6:35 AM

Aug 2012
What's with the fight between Sakamoto and Oda?
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen.
On the whole the episode was okay I guess.
Dec 7, 2012 6:37 AM

Jun 2011
I wonder if Sakamoto survives... that would be a big and unpredictable surprise!
Dec 7, 2012 7:02 AM

May 2011
They made it look like Sakamoto really died in the next ep preview... though I really doubt he actually did, it would be kind of awesome (but weird) if he really died. o:
Dec 7, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
Damn. Why did they skip the fight with Kira?!

Dec 7, 2012 8:13 AM
Jan 2011

Whoa, ho,ho,ho, now that another way to use big boobs.
Dec 7, 2012 8:30 AM

Jan 2012
Nice last scene; Way to spice things up!!! :D

Dec 7, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Yvese said:
Sakamoto is far too gullible. He's lucky he's the MC otherwise he'd be dead already.

Judging by this pace the anime is on track to finish the anime at the end of chapter 50 which is the perfect spot to end it at. Atleast I hope so.. it would be a shame if they did an anime-original ending.

Lol I always wanted to say that. He is lucky he is the MC
Dec 7, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2012
I can't decide who is the more pathetic MC this season, Ryouta or Medaka.

Just kill him off already and maybe this series could be salvageable.
Dec 7, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2010
There is all kind of lession to be learn from this.
Dec 7, 2012 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
-Adam- said:
WrathSC said:

Again...

lol

This is really the problem with using a lethal weapon for a battle series. Even with the next episode preview pretending, I just can't feel worried about Ryouta. He's not going to die, and they've pulled the miraculously ineffective bomb in the face cliffhanger way too many times.

I like the show overall, but the fights themselves are pretty crippled by how contrived a near miss has to be. The Oda fight was a nice breath of fresh air by focusing on strategies and actual measures to win, but it was too short.
Dec 7, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2012
damn that cliffhanger
I want the next episode
Dec 7, 2012 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
Sakamoto should have known that guy couldn't be trusted, the girl knew that last episode.
Dec 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Feb 2012
Yay for flash backs but this is one case where knowing the history between the two of them is helpful, and like many hopefully mister "i'm a doctor" takes his exit from the show soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.