Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2012 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find it pretty nicely done as of this episode the whole tank ordeal. Now I wonder if more can be found and restored around? That being said I am surprised at the following,

Going up against that in older tanks will be a challenge especially since it has radar. Remains to see what of it but that tanks if it has armour plates it can withstand a lot of shells from the old tanks. Cause the new shells need to hit it twice to have a effect. Rockets don’t work on them and hellfire might not if the HE is not high enough or powerful. It also has advanced radar sensors.

About the fan service, as the tank cleaning occurs so does some nice service in the spoiler
and upon seeing it, it reminded me:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3464/Kemeko_DX
Of its style a little.

That being said I find the following,

Girl quite energetic and positive in this episode. Her MOE is quite high and appreciated.

In general quite a good episode to show the tanks that are going to be used and for more of the interactions that the girls showed. Might edit later.
Yumekichi11Oct 15, 2012 11:01 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 15, 2012 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
Reminds me of a scene when I played GTA: Vice City with the tank going on a freaking massacre in the game.
Oct 15, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
That is clearly not driven by the students, right? Perhaps by the Self-Defense Force?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 15, 2012 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
That is clearly not driven by the students, right? Perhaps by the Self-Defense Force?
The lady in uniform seems to suggest so.

Oct 15, 2012 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
Those tanks the girls have are salvaged Metal Max style, I approve of reusing old tanks for their battles

Now how do these salvaged tanks go against an M1A, first of all Japan doesn't have M1s they have T-90's of course they could salvage one from the US Army easy for SDF use and that armor is much stronger than what the older tanks they have can damage that's going to be a challenge and a half, of course since there is a parts shop similar to a regular automotive parts shop, they could be upgraded like in Metal Max or similar to a car for a real life example.

Yukari joins Miho's team and my she's excited for battle.

It seems that a 5th teammate is coming next episode if she doesn't get ran over.

Oct 15, 2012 4:39 PM

Apr 2011
lol. That was nice. lol. How did Mako get there?
Oct 15, 2012 9:44 PM

Mar 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOO A SECRET PACT! :<
Oct 15, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2009
the artworks are great, but I wonder if they're wasted in this though ...
the episode was enjoyable except for the final moment ._." what the heck was that girl doing in a battle field?
Oct 15, 2012 11:20 PM
Sep 2012
Ahh! The German subs are back. At least it wasn't as bad as the last episode.
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I find it pretty nicely done as of this episode the whole tank ordeal. Now I wonder if more can be found and restored around? That being said I am surprised at the following,

Going up against that in older tanks will be a challenge especially since it has radar. Remains to see what of it but that tanks if it has armour plates it can withstand a lot of shells from the old tanks. Cause the new shells need to hit it twice to have a effect. Rockets don’t work on them and hellfire might not if the HE is not high enough or powerful. It also has advanced radar sensors.
I think that they'll get some new tanks later on to go up against those kinds of tanks. It'll be utter suicide to fight modern tanks with WW2 era tanks.

BTW, I wonder what was the instructor's tank. I think it's a Tiger 2 but I could be wrong.
Hoppy said:
Those tanks the girls have are salvaged Metal Max style, I approve of reusing old tanks for their battles

Now how do these salvaged tanks go against an M1A, first of all Japan doesn't have M1s they have T-90's of course they could salvage one from the US Army easy for SDF use and that armor is much stronger than what the older tanks they have can damage that's going to be a challenge and a half, of course since there is a parts shop similar to a regular automotive parts shop, they could be upgraded like in Metal Max or similar to a car for a real life example.

Yukari joins Miho's team and my she's excited for battle.

It seems that a 5th teammate is coming next episode if she doesn't get ran over.
My guess would ambushes and lots of running away. Also, they probably don't need to borrow an M1 since JSDF has the new Type 10 tank.
IconicOct 15, 2012 11:30 PM
Oct 16, 2012 12:13 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
That being said I find the following,

Girl quite energetic and positive in this episode. Her MOE is quite high and appreciated.

I lol'd! Nice one! I really really love the moe-ness (is that even a word?) in this show. The episode started to get very interesting when the girls hopped aboard their respective military tanks. Cute girls riding tanks and cute things are already happening.

I was wondering where Mako went but she was just sleeping out there, haha! Better wake up or else you'll get ran over!
Oct 16, 2012 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
Ah, much better than last week. It's finally starting to develop a plot.
The subtitles also are easier to read. Maybe a bit less funny. xD
Reading "Alter Schwede" was unexpected though...
Oct 16, 2012 12:21 AM

Apr 2011
lol. It was funny that Saori had to kick Hana's shoulder hard to give directions.

We got some nice tank action there. It was pretty cute how the girls are slowly starting to learn how to operate one and had fun firing the cannons.
Oct 16, 2012 12:59 AM

Aug 2009
How the hell did they cram a cliff, a cave and a lake on an aircraft carrier? The carrier doesn't seem THAT big. Or did the girls disembark when they went searching for tanks? Highly unlikely.
And that fight in the end. Improbable and dumb (like the whole premise of the show), but funny.
Oh, well, whatever, I'm watching this anime for laughs and tanks anyway. And Commie subs.

Btw, was that a Ferrari F40 the tank ran over? xD
Oct 16, 2012 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Now how do these salvaged tanks go against an M1A, first of all Japan doesn't have M1s they have T-90's of course they could salvage one from the US Army easy for SDF use and that armor is much stronger than what the older tanks they have can damage that's going to be a challenge.
I was thinking it was more of a T-80 or Leopard 2 since the Japanese use them IMO. They used to with M1A but only due to the USA giving them some.
metamorphius said:
YES! Which makes things that much more hilarious really.

Oct 16, 2012 1:08 AM

Apr 2011
So it seems that there are modern tanks here. So far, I think the WWII are for Senshado while the modern ones are for the military.
Oct 16, 2012 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
metamorphius said:
YES! Which makes things that much more hilarious really.

Tnx for confirming. And yeah, it was hilarious.
The show has some interesting instances of humour, like this car scene.
Or those forum answers to the 'how to drive a tank' question (-go google it. -first take your clothes off.) as those are actual answers you are likely to get on an internet forum.
metamorphiusOct 16, 2012 1:24 AM
Oct 16, 2012 2:09 AM

Mar 2012
Girls riding tanks at that age...God..the boys at that place must feel jealous..I mean,isn't it supposed to be the other way round?Guys using tanks are much better..but it is too mainstream..

Good episode btw..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Oct 16, 2012 2:23 AM
Sep 2008
yay
Oct 16, 2012 2:34 AM
Oct 2012
Id say the teachers tank is more like the Type 10. Its a japanese tank and looks a lot like it
Oct 16, 2012 3:15 AM

May 2010
Square moustache dude is informed that Panzer vor means Panzer vor.
Oct 16, 2012 3:56 AM

Jul 2008
Oops. I thought it was a Panzer III in the previous ep, it was actually a 38(t). And I thought it was a Type 95, it was actually a Type 89. The rest, I got right (M3 Lee, StuG III, Panzer IV).
Oct 16, 2012 4:04 AM

Oct 2011
Tipsynaruto said:
Id say the teachers tank is more like the Type 10. Its a japanese tank and looks a lot like it
Looking at the turret it's Type 10

And one more nice episode, finally some "educational" part starts - it was fine so far.
Bit weird to put StuG there - especially with things like Type 89 (but ok they had to show something from Japan :P )

But OP gives notion that T-34 may appear and it would be adorable :) not for girls inside it, as this was really horrible.
Dalek-bakaOct 16, 2012 4:12 AM
Oct 16, 2012 4:36 AM
Jun 2008
well get more to develop sure found more tanks & now clean-up.

oh here come instructor yea cue with tank smashing a car oh somebody call insurance for car got pwn'd by a tank.

well now tank battle work-out with student trying to drive a tank well go next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 16, 2012 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
Its never a good sign if the best character on the show is a background character.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 16, 2012 4:57 AM

Apr 2010
In the manga the instructor landed on a Mercedes-Benz G class in here in the Anime she drives over a Ferrari F40 both of these cars are exceptional cars which are loved by car enthusiasts around the world.
And it was a painful moment to watch.
Tho it makes me wonder what kind of salary the principle has since in both cases the cars where his.
Speaking of cars why would you need a car on a ship?
I mean the biggest ships in the world are about 500 meters long and seeing this one is based on a flight carrier which are usually about 200 meters i don't see a function for cars at all.
How ever going by those sizes it's also a question of how can the have mountain ridges a forest and a training field for tanks on it.
It must suggest that the size of this ship is immense.

Also about the tanks i can understand that they can end up in a forest bottom of a pond and chicken cage but how can a tank end up in a crack in a mountain ridge?
Anyway logics aside.
The episode was pretty funny and i like that the course is different from the manga.
Reizei walking half asleep to school looked pretty funny and for her to be late 245 days in a row is just impressive she certainly likes sleeping.
It also seems she was skipping since she was sleeping on the training field for the tanks.

It seems Nishizumi got addressed by her sister in that interview it seems that her family doesn't like the fact that she was trying to avoid the family tradition.
Which makes me wonder how they will react that she is taking part in the family tradition at her new school, she might get yelled at by her sister.

And then there is Akiyama who is a total tank fanatic her knowledge might help out with the game.
Oct 16, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
The ferrari... Nooooooooooooo
Oct 16, 2012 8:01 AM
Feb 2012

Lol! It's not a tank. It's a Tank destroyer or TD. ;P
Oct 16, 2012 8:58 AM

Oct 2011
Juffe said:
Lol! It's not a tank. It's a Tank destroyer or TD. ;P
It's not tank destroyer. It's an assault cannon.

And Continuation War rather - as they got them in 1943. But they were effective :)
Oct 16, 2012 9:21 AM
Feb 2012
Dalek-baka said:
]It's not tank destroyer. It's an assault cannon.

Well if you wanna get really picky with the terms. Stug III was Assault gun used as a Tank destroyer.

Dalek-baka said:
And Continuation War rather - as they got them in 1943. But they were effective :)

I know.....I'm Finnish..........
Oct 16, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
Erm...so...if somebody fires at another tank, wont the people inside....i dont know....DIE!!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 16, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2009
Zee530 said:
Erm...so...if somebody fires at another tank, wont the people inside....i dont know....DIE!!

No, they won't, the shield of moe will protect them.

Obviously, logic goes out the window with this anime.
Otherwise I'd still be trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we have GIRLS without a day of EXPERIENCE driving a TANK which they found in a decrepit state in a CAVE on an AIRPLANE CARRIER.
Oct 16, 2012 10:28 AM
Jan 2011

Whoa, I've heard of bikini car wash, but this is the first time to see (in anime) bikini tank wash.

Yep the awesome tank we're seeing is indeed a JSDF's TYPE 10.

Versus :

This WW2 relic.
Oct 16, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
Juffe said:
Dalek-baka said:
It's not tank destroyer. It's an assault cannon.

Well if you wanna get really picky with the terms. Stug III was Assault gun used as a Tank destroyer.

yup
Oct 16, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Hope who ever owned that Ferrari had insurance that covered tank damage.
Oct 16, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
Elite60 said:
Hope who ever owned that Ferrari had insurance that covered tank damage.

lol

So it's a Type 10, it looks like an M1A and it's new only been deployed like 9 months ago according to the wikipedia article on it.

Oct 16, 2012 4:54 PM
Oct 2010
fantastic ep. it cant be that easy in RL can it? lol
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 16, 2012 5:03 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I told myself I'd never watch this, but I've been a tank freak since I was old enough to push around toy tanks. It's so inanely ridiculous, but I want to see how much they get right and wrong.

What I found most interesting about this episode was that while they were in the one girl's apartment Akiyama, the girl pulling stuff out of her back-back, was humming the tune to "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye" or "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" - they share the same tune, though they have different lyrics.

Here's my biggest gripe, mostly because they're focusing so much on WWII era AFV. While not unique in this regard, the thing Germany brought to the table so much more so than any other nation in the late 1930s was tank to tank and inter-tank communications. Besides every German AFV having a radio (which was NOT the norm in any other army at the start of the war in Europe), the commander of the Mk III and Mk IV most certainly DID NOT use kick signals to tell the driver what to do. In particular, when they overran Czechoslovakia and took the 35(t) and 38(t) one of the first things they did was replace the "light signal" on those tanks with an intercom.

On another note, the Soviets received a lot of the M3 medium tank as "lend lease" - the Soviet crews took to calling them "a coffin for seven brothers." Also, I've read in several places that the US forces using the M4/75 Sherman (not known in Europe for having a powerful gun) fighting the Japanese found that it was better to use HE rather than AP when engaging Japanese armor such as the Type 89 because the AP round just blew through the other side without stopping - usually much of the damage done by AP was internal splay and bouncing around maiming/killing crew members or causing sparks to ignite ammo.
CratexOct 16, 2012 5:06 PM
Oct 16, 2012 5:14 PM

Jan 2011
if you look pass all the silliness it has some pretty lols moments,just gonna leave it to anime logic on how they learned to control those if this was *girls and Planez* they would be stuck there for hours just trying to turn it on :P.
Oct 16, 2012 5:46 PM

Oct 2010
AiCon said:
Ahh! The German subs are back. At least it wasn't as bad as the last episode.
Yumekichi11 said:

I think that they'll get some new tanks later on to go up against those kinds of tanks. It'll be utter suicide to fight modern tanks with WW2 era tanks.

BTW, I wonder what was the instructor's tank. I think it's a Tiger 2 but I could be wrong.
The instructor's tank on the TV is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_1
as the Tiger's 2 turret was bigger.

Oct 16, 2012 6:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
The instructor's tank on the TV is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_1
as the Tiger's 2 turret was bigger.
Well, more than that, it was both bigger and the entire shape came from a different design philosophy - it as well as the Panther had their designs inspired by the Soviet T-34, which made excellent use of sloping surfaces to deflect AP shot.
Oct 16, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Not-so-bad ep.
Oct 16, 2012 7:39 PM

Jun 2010
The principal's car. XD

Oct 16, 2012 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, does anyone remember playing this game before during their childhood?

Good times, good times.
Oct 16, 2012 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, this episode was much more interesting than the first!! Still pretty silly, but I'm enjoying it.

And lol at the Principal's car! Imagine his face when he sees that!
Oct 16, 2012 11:12 PM

Aug 2008
Put mahjong in tank's place and we get Saki.
Oct 16, 2012 11:20 PM
Jun 2012
KaitoDash said:
Put mahjong in tank's place and we get Saki.

Now why does that make me think there will be a side story for some reason?

Well, at least we have a "Saki" and a "Teru"... Oh wait... Not same VA...

......... Wait did you just said mahjong?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19114149

Herre you go. *Tornado Cannon'd*

ONOOOOOOOOOOORREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *Tank explodes*

The "Toki" is spotted in this episode... "Living is painful."
00_RaiserOct 16, 2012 11:29 PM
Oct 17, 2012 2:59 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode much better than the first episode. very funny and the tanks were awesome

I love this Girl already XD.
kimukun23Oct 28, 2012 7:04 PM
Oct 17, 2012 3:20 AM

Aug 2010
Oh God, I shouldn't be enjoying this show as much as I do 5/5.

There is a forest nearby where I live, I think I'm gonna go and salvage me some tanks! I want to know how could a tank end up in a crack in the middle of a high mountain, reminded me of the Black Lagoon boat vs helicopter scene. So, the main character's elder sister does the same as she, is quite famous and has a grudge against her sister? Nishizumi-san, let's get married I mean go the nationals! Reizei quickly became my second favorite character, had me at "living is painful", we would get along just fine I reckon. Loved the entrance scene of the instructor. Saori sure got used to kicking Hana (I can already see the S/M doujins). Speaking of S/M, the student council members seem to know where they stand (or kneel). The ED is cute as hell. I don't think there was a scene I didn't like. Looking forward to the next episode, it can't come soon enough!

Tankwondo is tanoshii!
Mogami-kunOct 17, 2012 3:27 AM
Oct 17, 2012 4:42 AM

Apr 2008
Seems like Nogami managed to slip a product placement (4'08") :D

The history buff teams seems fun. Now, if they also have many reference about ancient and modern war tactics...

Aversa said:
I mean the biggest ships in the world are about 500 meters long and seeing this one is based on a flight carrier which are usually about 200 meters i don't see a function for cars at all.
How ever going by those sizes it's also a question of how can the have mountain ridges a forest and a training field for tanks on it.
It must suggest that the size of this ship is immense.
The two relative size shown is at the end of the opening and when we have a bird eye view of the ship.

The school has what seems like two tennis court (10.97 M long).
The width of the civilian platform seems like 10x that while the length is probably more than 15x the width

Might be wrong though, but there's also picture of the tank warehouse and the size could be predicted from relative size to the tank and then compare the size of the ship with that building.

If the ship is sailing around the world, the students seems to do well adapting to the changing timezone and school hours don't they
nseikaOct 17, 2012 5:09 AM
Oct 17, 2012 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
The placing of tanks around the area must be the Prez's doing.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.