Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2012 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Those cakes. I want them. It's tank shaped and looks delicious. This episode also had a live action battle. Fire them tanks! Nice shot, girls.

Can't wait to see how this match concludes. I'm hoping for a big surprise.

Stark700Nov 5, 2012 9:44 AM
Nov 5, 2012 9:40 AM

Sep 2012
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ???!?!!??!??!?!

Next week there will be NO Episode SIX !!!! It will be just Episode 5.5 !!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ( ;_;) (T_T)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2012 9:42 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:

Next week there will be NO Episode SIX !!!! I will be just Episode 5.5 !!!!

Apparently someone on the production team screwed up big time. So much so that the final episode is likely to be delayed. Since slots for TV episodes in Japan are run so tightly though, there's a possibility that the final episode may not even air on TV in this current run. Really sad, especially with how incredble episode 5 was. Now we'll need to wait two weeks before we get the continuation to the Sherman battle.
Nov 5, 2012 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
So, is episode 5.5 some sort of recap next week? And wow..that's not pleasant to hear :<
Nov 5, 2012 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Probably a recap.... oh well......

Anyway, some highlights from Ep.5 - another wonderful episode !

Forget Gundam Cafe (there is one in Akihabara). The times belong to TANK CAFE !

And Miho bumped into the dreaded oneechan Maho !

Hey you the tank expert, dream of a room like Akiyama's?

To go to the tournament, of course we need brand-new uniforms! OK, 82, 56, ...

Saunder is inspired by America, right? How can you go without the cheerleaders?

We even have observers to the match...

The battle is about to begin and Miho looks cool.. but is something happening behind the scene?!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2012 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
SayuriUliana said:
symbv said:

Next week there will be NO Episode SIX !!!! I will be just Episode 5.5 !!!!

Apparently someone on the production team screwed up big time. So much so that the final episode is likely to be delayed. Since slots for TV episodes in Japan are run so tightly though, there's a possibility that the final episode may not even air on TV in this current run. Really sad, especially with how incredble episode 5 was. Now we'll need to wait two weeks before we get the continuation to the Sherman battle.

Where did you read that?

Anyway, watching the new episode made me feel refresh. I think I know why Darjeelin said the Saunders are vulgar people back in episode 03.

I really can hear Aya Hirano's voice from Arisa, the one who's also listening to the radio. Apparently, Kei doesn't know her team is using vulgar tactics against them. The girls look cool in their new uniforms, the other tank's are re-painted. Thought I would honestly say that I miss their colorful paint jobs and decorations.

During the encounter with the Maho in the tank cafe, Mako said something that offended the gray haired girl who's with Maho. I wonder what she said?

It's just me, but I think this episode felt a bit rush.

Time to go to sleep, I'll watch the raws again, then watch Commie's sub, then Hiryuu subs, than watch Hiryuu again for most of the week. lol

Those tank cakes doesn't look like cakes, more like ice cream sundaes.
Nov 5, 2012 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
Where did you read that?
You mean the ep.5.5 or someone in the production team screwing up? If it is the former, it is on the official site: http://girls-und-panzer.at.webry.info/201211/article_2.html The notice at the end of this episode also said ep. 5.5 will be aired next week.

Nov 5, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2012
Even the extras like the cheerleaders are so moe;

BTW, just learned it from the official twitter that Director Mizushima did not just write the music for the infamous Anko Dance but designed the choreography too !! Apparently he even danced it himself so that the animators knew what to draw LOL LOL LOL

Nov 5, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
During the encounter with the Maho in the tank cafe, Mako said something that offended the gray haired girl who's with Maho. I wonder what she said?
Erica said that it was an unwritten rule that those school which brought the image of senshado down (hinting Miho's team) should not participate in the tournament. Mako retorted that the fact that a strong school (Maho/Erica's team) would lose under "unwritten rules" that favor them is even more shameful.

And before that Akiyama tried to defend Miho's performance when she was still in Maho's team (apparently Akiyama is such a tank otaku that she remembers all the matches). Erica blamed Miho for getting the team to lose, and Akiyama tried to defend Miho (saying it was not her fault) but she was told to keep her mouth shut.

Nov 5, 2012 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Even the extras like the cheerleaders are so moe;

BTW, just learned it from the official twitter that Director Mizushima did not just write the music for the infamous Anko Dance but designed the choreography too !! Apparently he even danced it himself so that the animators knew what to draw LOL LOL LOL

That's one hilarious fact. Don't tell me he did the cheerleader dance too. lol

symbv said:
Magito said:

Erica said that it was an unwritten rule that those school which brought the image of senshado down (hinting Miho's team) should not participate in the tournament. Mako retorted that the fact that a strong school (Maho/Erica's team) would lose under "unwritten rules" that favor them is even more shameful.

And before that Akiyama tried to defend Miho's performance when she was still in Maho's team (apparently Akiyama is such a tank otaku that she remembers all the matches). Erica blamed Miho for getting the team to lose, and Akiyama tried to defend Miho (saying it was not her fault) but she was told to keep her mouth shut.

Ah I see it now. Thank you. I like how she countered back to her. I'm a little annoyed by Yukari, because she sometimes runs her mouth without thinking causing trouble for her and the team
MagitoNov 5, 2012 5:57 PM
Nov 5, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2008
We knew already that her Onee-chan personality would be like that, it always turn something like that in when they are part of elites.
Miho Nishizumi was 2nd commander no wonder why she is so good, some accident did happend in the past for something to her to hate tanks.

About episode 5.5 it's even said so in preview so it's 2 weeks, episode 5.5 don't have to be a recap it could also be a side story episode.
They only at episode 5, isn't that too early to get a recap? O_o

About the practice match it was definitly not Miho fault, they all were inexperiences.
Miho's tank team actually did really good in the run away strategy lol.

The uniforms looks really good, love it.
They clean off the painting they made before, guess the rules you can't redesign your own tanks.

The tanks battle was nice!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 5, 2012 8:28 PM

Sep 2010
this anime..... THIS MOTHER****ING ANIME!!!!

i would have never guessed it would shape as such a cool thing, classic example of the "book by its cover" thing. most pleasant surprise of 2012 along with Mouretsu Pirates
Nov 5, 2012 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
Blackbird said:
We knew already that her Onee-chan personality would be like that, it always turn something like that in when they are part of elites.
Miho Nishizumi was 2nd commander no wonder why she is so good, some accident did happend in the past for something to her to hate tanks.
Maho is cold but at least she is not mean-spirited like Erica. From what limited thing she said in this episode, she seems to be unhappy more about Miho's running away than her losing the match in the last tournament.
Blackbird said:

About episode 5.5 it's even said so in preview so it's 2 weeks, episode 5.5 don't have to be a recap it could also be a side story episode.
If they are forced to do a filler, then it does not matter it is a recap at ep.5 or even 3 or 4, right?

The reason to think it is a recap is that the title of ep.5.5 is called "Let's have an introduction!" 紹介しましょう!
Blackbird said:

About the practice match it was definitly not Miho fault, they all were inexperiences.
Miho's tank team actually did really good in the run away strategy lol.
I wonder what exactly happened, but given Maho's school had won the tournament NINE YEARS IN A ROW and then lost in the last tournament breaking the chain of victory, it is not hard to imagine why feelings ran high....

Blackbird said:

They clean off the painting they made before, guess the rules you can't redesign your own tanks.
I also have a feeling that the war paint is indeed more suitable for a tournament environment. I cannot imagine the Stug III with all those banners hoisted on top of it going into the battle match...

Nov 5, 2012 8:34 PM

Apr 2011
Blackbird said:

Hope it's not a recap otherwise, it would be a waste of time and resources. I'm hoping a good conversational story between the characters of some sort since other characters like historians and volleyball team don't have much screentime to get to know them well.
Nov 5, 2012 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
Hope it's not a recap otherwise, it would be a waste of time and resources.
But it will be a saving of time and resource from the production side... If they need to come up with some live program they would need to consume resource and time on their side, right? At the end, this ep 5.5 is to buy time to come up with the new episode. It is more important that they get ep.6 and the rest of the series in good quality, I think...

Nov 5, 2012 10:44 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode. Too bad we get a recap instead of episode 6 next week. I wonder who screwed things up?
Nov 5, 2012 11:00 PM
Sep 2012
DELAY DELAY MISSSSSIOOOOON~~
Nov 5, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2012
Watching for the third time now...

So the schools really have a funny national stereotypes of the country that inspires them:

St. Gloriana - British - Tea drinking, quoting British idiom, "gentlemanly", dry humor, British Grenadier

Sauders - America - Rich, massive resource, free-going and casual, Battle Hymn of the Republic, hack even the interior of the school looks like an American high school (but I cannot explain the radio interception bit ;-) )

Kuromorihachi - Germany - Serious, cold, discipline
symbvNov 6, 2012 1:31 AM

Nov 5, 2012 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
Random thoughts:

- Really wonder what will happen if Miho's team fails... Ooarai school will shut down?

- Still very funny to see Akiyama's parents: While they are barbers her mom clearly needs a haircut (ok, I understand it may be because of the natural curly hair in the genes ;-) ) And her dad's reaction when he heard that Akiyama has friends is hilarious

- The uniform Akiyama wore to sneak into Sauder's is a uniform worn by staff from the convenience store chain SunKus. The interesting thing is that the uniform is presented in its exact image as in real life (check below), not a parody as usually seen in anime. This indicates there must be some collaboration deal agreed between the anime production and the convenience store chain:

symbvNov 6, 2012 12:21 AM

Nov 5, 2012 11:47 PM

Jul 2008
It's the current ep's "it's the small things" LOL scene: 1125p!!! LOLOLOLOL
Nov 6, 2012 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Random thoughts 2

- In Akiyama's room, Mako stared at the family photo of Akiyama and her parents. Is it a hint that one or two parents of Mako are no longer around? She's mentioned only her grandmother so far...

- Does Ooarai School own that Daimler Armoured Car ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_Armoured_Car ) that Anzu rode just before the match started?

- For the "flag tank", the part where it is revealed in the Saunder was not shown. I wonder why? Conventional wisdom would have the strongest tank (Firefly) to be the "flag tank" ... We got to see Saunder's flag tank later in the tournament. Are we able to tell from the image whether it is the Firefly, M4 76mm or the more common M4 75mm?

- LOL Anzu becomes Angie LOL

- "Okay Okay, Oh KEY!" LOL

- "Oddball"... I did not know about this reference until I researched after watching this episode. It seems to be a character of a Sherman tank commander in an oddball comedy film "Kelly's Heroes" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly%27s_Heroes ) starring Clint Eastwood (with Donald Sutherland being "Oddball")

- Saw StugIII hiding behind the bush in a hull-down position with its gun pointing right at you -- JESUS !! (Boom!)
symbvNov 6, 2012 4:09 AM

Nov 6, 2012 12:29 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
Random thoughts 2

- Also note that the "flag tank" of Saunders is never revealed. Conventional wisdom would have the strongest tank (Firefly) to be the "flag tank" but I guess it will not be the case...

Actually, the flag tank is shown to be the M4A1(76)W, which is shown fly the blue triangle flag during the initial Sherman launch scene.
Nov 6, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2012
SayuriUliana said:
Actually, the flag tank is shown to be the M4A1(76)W, which is shown fly the blue triangle flag during the initial Sherman launch scene.
I saw the blue flag too but how could I tell from the image that it is a tank carrying the 76mm gun not the more common type that has 75mm gun?

Nov 6, 2012 1:26 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
SayuriUliana said:
I saw the blue flag too but how could I tell from the image that it is a tank carrying the 76mm gun not the more common type that has 75mm gun?

Because the gun it has is longer? =P The tank also has the smooth, rounded edges of the A1 instead of the sharp corners of the tanks beside it.
Nov 6, 2012 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
^ I just wonder if there is any telltale sign shown in the anime that tells us that the tank with the flag is a 76mm model (the Saunders team has one such tank in it) not a 75mm model (which the Saunders team has 8). Still trying to learn how to identify variants of a tank visually...

So I guess the longer gun of the tank when all the tanks are lined up is the best indication that it is 76mm model...
symbvNov 6, 2012 3:35 AM

Nov 6, 2012 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
The show is getting impressive, too bad we have to wait 2 weeks

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 6, 2012 2:34 AM

Oct 2011
That line-up was so sad :D
against Shermans with all that antique stuff - honestly StuG is one decent tank here: version of Panzer IV they are using is weak (couldn't they upgrade it to Ausf. H or even Ausf. F2) and M3 is just M3.

But let's get over it and bring on T-34 and some heavier things like JS or even KV. This will be fun to watch.
Before this there is some Italian or French armada to go if I recall from that tourament ladder.

And next episode... if they would do some techno-porn about tanks I would be happy.
Dalek-bakaNov 6, 2012 2:59 AM
Nov 6, 2012 2:35 AM

Aug 2012
Great ep, too bad we will have to wait two weeks until the next one
Nov 6, 2012 2:35 AM

Apr 2011
Finally watched the sub version. Well, commies sub that is.

I'm surprise that Miho was a former second commander back then. We slowly get to know Miho's past bit by bit. It shows why she's very competent commander and really knows a lot.

Good thing Mako retorted back at that bitch.

Love the part where the freshmen are getting chased and panic. Calling they're enemies "stalkers", and "perverts". Aw...So adorable.

I don't get Darjeelin's story:

An American president said, "Our country has everything."
Then the reporter asked, even a hotline from hell?"

Miho proves her worth by quickyl figuring out the radio interception balloon. Instead of filing a protest, she used Saunder's dirty tactic against them, and communicate using cellphones instead. The good things of modern technology. Nice one girl!

Also, Yukiho sucked at espionage. She blew her cover by asking so many questions. Good thing, Kei was nice, except for the other two bitches with her. She may have got information from Saunders, but if they're smart enough they could change their plan.

I had a bad feeling about Anjie pressuring Miho to win. Why can't they say what will happen if they lose? Why hide it from Miho? Will the team do naked pole dancing next time?

With next week's episode gonna be a filler, I'm sure a lot of fans are disappointed and wants to see the other half of the fight. Waiting for 2 weeks will be a pain.
MagitoNov 6, 2012 5:31 AM
Nov 6, 2012 3:36 AM
Jun 2008
well yea trying for tank tournament 5 girl crew having some tank cake & cafe tank area til miho's sister appear with her sidekick saying you will fail.

wonder to ready for next match yukari go like sneak in to other school to get info sure got some then run sgt. oddball cause there on to you so after practice, training, re-design tanks, Measuring Day, etc now battle begins.

10 vs 5 tanks give to chase attack bunny tank til see sherman had spy radio balloon (must be payback for sgt. oddball spying) so new plan cellphone & boom goes a sherman.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 6, 2012 3:54 AM

Sep 2012
Some more trivia.

The armor car which is behind seated Maho and Erica seems to be a sdkfz.223 (or 222)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leichter_Panzersp%C3%A4hwagen

There is a poster of HAPPY TIGER, a manga by Motofumi Kobayashi, in the first scene in the Tank Cafe. I have already covered that in ep.4 thread here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=510851&show=140#msg18124461

In Akiyama's room later, we see another poster of Motofumi Kobayashi's manga. This time it is Kurokishi Monogatari (Tales of Black Knight), a manga written back in 1985, about a group of German in the Eastern Front from1943 till after the war. The eye-patched guy in the poster is Ernst von Bauer, who lost his right eye in the middle of the story, and is a major supporting character in the manga. Here is what the real poster would look like:

Here are some snapshots of the manga:

http://masudaqe.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_973/masudaqe/R0030802-91029.jpg
http://masudaqe.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_973/masudaqe/R0030803-fb8ae.jpg
http://masudaqe.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_973/masudaqe/R0030804-73d2f.jpg

http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-1.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-2.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-3.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-4.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-5.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-6.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-7.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-8.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-9.jpg
http://schutzgeist.sakura.ne.jp/images/dsr/3-10.jpg
symbvNov 6, 2012 4:21 AM

Nov 6, 2012 4:34 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Probably a recap.... oh well......

Anyway, some highlights from Ep.5 - another wonderful episode !

Hey you the tank expert, dream of a room like Akiyama's?

Few things about the anime...

First up, right after Strike Witches, Girls und Panzers seems to be another extremely well researched anime. Kudos to the production team!

Now back to Akiyama's room...

First up, just like in episode 2, there's sublimal or BLATANT product advertisment. Just the boxes itself I see Italeri (A Pz 38(t) top box art with a DML for the sides of the cover... Funny), Tamiya and possibly Trumpter or Eastern Express (the red box and it's a KV II)

On the shelf, he have the following in 1/35 scale...
Top - Cromwell, Archilles, not sure which German armoured car and Pz II
Bottom - Tristar's Panzerbefehlswagen I, Italeri's Gepard and Strumpanzer Iv

The curtains on the door looks like Panther tracks... Tank shells galore... FuG radio set on her study table...Reference books... THEM REFRENCE BOOKS on tanks and possibly modelling....

Ah.... That's my kind of room.

From the looks of it, she models as well! Akiyama... Be my WIFE!

Oh and the Panzer Cafe.... The staff looks so hot in those German panzer uniforms and I don't mind having my food being delivered on a 1/35 Dragon Wagon.

Seriously speaking... With all these not-so-subtle product advertisement, I would forsee model companies see an increase in sales. If only the production team truly made deals with the various model companies... It'll be BLATANT advertisement throughout the whole show

P.S. And if you're wondering... Yes I am a modeller as well
cruiser2710Nov 6, 2012 4:46 AM
Nov 6, 2012 5:23 AM

Apr 2011
Yukari as Sgt. Oddball?

That name actually fits her. lol

"Sgt. Yukari "Oddball" Akiyama, reporting for duty, SIR!" XD
Nov 6, 2012 6:34 AM

Apr 2010
Saunders school is American to the core basically how we non Americans see America and there commander is the way how Japanese see American girls kind loud and outgoing.
However the enthusiasm of there commender was reflected by the rest of the student body they all seemed happy and replied nicely to Akiyama they didn't even question where she came from the only ones that noticed where the two students next to the commander.
Those two seem like that ones that don't fit the picture mocking Oarai for there inexperience and trying to provoke the student council they also didn't seem to happy about there commander knowing the student council president.
Not to mention that intercepting the radio of Oarai seems to be on there account as well, it seemed to commander was unaware of this.

Miho's sister didn't seem to happy about seeing her little sister commanding a tank again and also talking down on her however Miho seemed reluctant to speak to her and didn't say much.
However it got worse when the girl walking with Miho's sister started talking and said some pretty arrogant and provoking things which angered the rest of the group.

Akiyama's infiltration was nice and funny she even got the information she needed directly from the one leading the group.
It got even more funny when they figured out she was a spy and the nicest thing was that she was invited to come back sometime by the commander.
Nov 6, 2012 6:35 AM
Jun 2009

I wonder who are those girls, they seem to be older than Miho, maybe as old as Miho's sister.
Nov 6, 2012 6:45 AM

Sep 2012
^ The animal on the blackboard behind the girls looks like a Tapir. Guess we can call them the Tapir Team. And they are wearing the same school uniform as Miho.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayan_tapir

Nov 6, 2012 6:59 AM

Apr 2011
^So they'll be the sixth team to join Miho? Hope so.

Something about the picture of Yukari’s family seems to bother Mako. I wonder what it could be?
Nov 6, 2012 7:00 AM
Jun 2009
Yeah, I know it is a Tapir. I guess those girls will come a new tank as reinforcement together with the dark skin mechanic crew.
Nov 6, 2012 7:03 AM

Sep 2012
soluuloi said:
Yeah, I know it is a Tapir.
It is good that so many people know this lovely animal. Apparently only the Malaysian Tapir has this clear-cut black and white region of fur.

The central girl wears a peach eye-patch. I wonder if it has anything to do with Momotaro. The right girl as cat-ear (or fox-ear?). Got me wonder if they are linked by some characters from Japanese fable stories.

Nov 6, 2012 7:18 AM
Jun 2009
Magito said:
^So they'll be the sixth team to join Miho? Hope so.

Something about the picture of Yukari’s family seems to bother Mako. I wonder what it could be?

Let me guess, Reizei's parents are dead. We know that Reizei's grandma is a strict woman, but nobody say anything about her parents, right?

Now that I think about it, that animal does look like an Anteater.
Nov 6, 2012 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
Magito said:
Maybe because they look like a happy family in that picture and they went together with there daughter to the entrance ceremony where that picture was taken.
We know Miho tried to avoid Panzerkraft by going to Aorai which both her mother and sister where against.
Yet Akiyama's parents going along to the entrance ceremony and welcoming there daughters friends in suggests there very supportive to there daughter.
Which is the opposite from Miho's situation.
I think she was probably thinking that it would be nice if her family would support her like that.
Nov 6, 2012 8:31 AM
Nov 2012
Aversa said:
Maybe because they look like a happy family in that picture and they went together with there daughter to the entrance ceremony where that picture was taken.
We know Miho tried to avoid Panzerkraft by going to Aorai which both her mother and sister where against.
Yet Akiyama's parents going along to the entrance ceremony and welcoming there daughters friends in suggests there very supportive to there daughter.
I think she was probably thinking that it would be nice if her family would support her like that.

You're confusing Mako (the dark haired one) with Miho (the brunette MC) there.

Mako is the one whose parental situation is unknown. All we know is that Mako only has her grandmother, so it's likely that she either has a bad situation with her parents, or they're already dead, thus the melancholic look on her face at seeing the picture in Yukari's room.
Nov 6, 2012 8:59 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, dear it's gonna be along wait for the next ep, or is there something to expect?

Btw, I wonder why those girls operating the M3 medium tank didn't bother using their 75mm hull gun which can be used as a tank killer and rely on the 37mm turret gun instead ?
Nasty001Nov 6, 2012 9:40 AM
Nov 6, 2012 10:27 AM
Nov 2012
Nasty001 said:

Btw, I wonder why those girls operating the M3 medium tank didn't bother using their 75mm hull gun which can be used as a tank killer and rely on the 37mm turret gun instead ?

1. The image you provided is that of the Grant variant, which is the British version. The girls are using the Lee, aka the US version.

2. They do use the 75mm hull gun. It's fired during the previous episode, and this episode as well during the ambush. It's just that the 37mm is usable in more situations due to being turreted like when they use it to fire backwards this episode, not to mention it's the only one that has both a gunner and loader as opposed to the one-girl gunner/loader on the 75mm (due to the fact that the girls aren't dual-tasking the commander).
SayuriUlianaNov 6, 2012 1:07 PM
Nov 6, 2012 11:07 AM

Oct 2011
Nasty001 said:
Because in order to aim with this bigger cannon you need to move the entire tank - and since M3 wasn't exactly quick it's not so practical.
They also can't do what StuG crew was able to - hide behind some fence or in bushes as M3 is rather high. 3 m if I recall, while StuG is somewhere around 2.
Nov 6, 2012 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
Like the pace that the series is taking. Everything is moving very quickly and providing plenty of action. I wasn't expecting much character development from this series so I am pleased with how it is. Looking forward to seeing more.
Nov 6, 2012 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
Oh, that was unexpectedly good.
Nov 6, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Nov 6, 2012 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
They painted the pink tank khaki.
Why.
I demand the Nuremberg Trials of war criminals responsible.
Nov 6, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
SayuriUliana said:
Aversa said:

You're confusing Mako (the dark haired one) with Miho (the brunette MC) there.

Mako is the one whose parental situation is unknown. All we know is that Mako only has her grandmother, so it's likely that she either has a bad situation with her parents, or they're already dead, thus the melancholic look on her face at seeing the picture in Yukari's room.
Sorry didn't pay enough attention when i typed that.
However judging from her reactions i agree with you she might have been abandoned by her parents which might explain why her grandmother is so strict.
Or maybe her grandmother received guardianship over her because of bad circumstances caused by her parents.
SayuriUliana said:

1. The image you provided is that of the Grant variant, which is the British version. The girls are using the Lee, aka the US version.
Those names are ironic considering the people they where named after.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.