Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 10, 2012 10:49 AM

Mar 2012
coldwave said:
Candor said:
Let's say someone attacked someone, I think it's logical to say that the guy who was attacked will go back to get revenge from the guy who attacked him,

You'd bet your life on the vague assumption like this? Are we talking about the smartest of the main characters in the show here? If Kurapika understood that Uvo wil fight him fair and square one-on-one, why didn't he just challenge him right in front of the other Troupe members instead of capturing him? I mean, why not? Fuck common sense.

While he knows Uvo would fight him alone, he can't risk everyone coming after him afterward....

Not everyone in the Troupe is like Uvo especially not HIM, assume that Kurapika wins...what's next? PT will start a manhunt and chase down kurapika's ass.

As for him assuming Uvo would come alone...you said it, he's reckless...

Assume that all 13 of them came..he can sense that you know..and so starts plan B aka GTFO

and since his buddies checked into another room while not checking out of this one..they'd be safe most likely.
End Zionazism
Sep 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2012
Once the 2011 anime gets to GI ....... The 1999 anime is the last thing people are gonna resort to as some sort of source material. Especially when the ant arc comes everyone is gonna be licking HxH ball hairs...the 1999 nostalgia poopheads will quiet down. Than pigs will actually start flying when that day comes.....

Anyways besides that....

I don't know if you noticed but nen users can sense other nen useres from certain distances. I'm sure Uvo wasn't using zetsu...So it's pretty obvious to who was coming after him...
Sep 10, 2012 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
Unhappy the fight didnt happen this week, oh well

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 10, 2012 12:58 PM
Jul 2012
wasn't Greed Island well done in the old anime?
Sep 10, 2012 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
Lolack said:

Yeah, but some people dislike it compared to the original adaptation since it didn't have production that was as good
End Zionazism
Sep 10, 2012 1:22 PM
Jul 2012
Mikasa said:
Lolack said:

Yeah, but some people dislike it compared to the original adaptation since it didn't have production that was as good

really? I thought it looked way better and followed the manga more. I'm curious to see just how different the new adaptation will be from it.
Sep 10, 2012 1:24 PM

Oct 2009
Mikasa said:

Assume that all 13 of them came..he can sense that you know..and so starts plan B aka GTFO

Sense? I though it was possible to detect cocnealed objects or people by using Zetsu( not sure). But does that work through walls and ceilings? I thought it required line-of-sight. That makes the whole "I'll run if there are many of them" pointless. It's a bittle too late when whole Phantom Troupe is entering the room. And what if some of them decided to enter through windows? Why not?

My suspension of disbelief is not limitless. The best thing I can come up to justify the whole deal is that Kurapika really wanted to fight whoever entered that door, to the point of casting self-preservation aside completely. however if it was a result of calm planning... no, that doensn't make sense at all to me.
Sep 10, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
coldwave said:
Mikasa said:

Sense? I though it was possible to detect cocnealed objects or people by using Zetsu( not sure). But does that work through walls and ceilings? I thought it required line-of-sight. That makes the whole "I'll run if there are many of them" pointless. It's a bittle too late when whole Phantom Troupe is entering the room. And what if some of them decided to enter through windows? Why not?

My suspension of disbelief is not limitless. The best thing I can come up to justify the whole deal is that Kurapika really wanted to fight whoever entered that door, to the point of casting self-preservation aside completely. however if it was a result of calm planning... no, that doensn't make sense at all to me.

No what's the point of sensing if it can only used within your vision range? He has eyes for that.

If someone decides to enter through windows...as I said, he'd have already sensed them and knew how many there are of them.

It's not calm planning, but there was a plan in there...his assumption of Uvogin, since he saw how he acted...that's what he based his plan on...He didn't think the whole more members thing through, but if they come he can still sense them and spontaneously get out (or stay if he's THAT stupid but future events prove otherwise) and save his life.
End Zionazism
Sep 10, 2012 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
Celastias said:
the new main character will be light yagami with his death note 2.0

ugh no, not him
Sep 10, 2012 3:03 PM
Oct 2011
coldwave said:
Candor said:
Let's say someone attacked someone, I think it's logical to say that the guy who was attacked will go back to get revenge from the guy who attacked him,

You'd bet your life on the vague assumption like this? Are we talking about the smartest of the main characters in the show here? If Kurapika understood that Uvo will fight him fair and square one-on-one, why didn't he just challenge him right in front of the other Troupe members instead of capturing him? I mean, why not? Fuck common sense, Ima in the shonen manga.
It's something called pride. It might not happen irl that often nowadays but it does in movies, TV-shows, and in manga & anime. In HxH's case this goes to Uvo, I don't think Kurapika cares about these stuff, but I think he's smart enough to realize that a guy like Uvogin has pride and he'd come for revenge, that's Uvo's character after-all, he don't like losing battles.
Sep 10, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
coldwave said:

Remember how Kastro sensed Killua when he just entered his floor? Killua used Zetsu too late to cloak his presence.
Sep 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
I hope the next episode (fight) will be banging ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2012 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
edungeon said:
coldwave said:

Remember how Kastro sensed Killua when he just entered his floor? Killua used Zetsu too late to cloak his presence.

Even if they use zetsu soon enough, he still has his human senses. Also Uvogin isn't the type who would.
End Zionazism
Sep 10, 2012 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
noonealive said:
Once the 2011 anime gets to GI ....... The 1999 anime is the last thing people are gonna resort to as some sort of source material. Especially when the ant arc comes everyone is gonna be licking HxH ball hairs...the 1999 nostalgia poopheads will quiet down. Than pigs will actually start flying when that day comes.....

Anyways besides that....

I don't know if you noticed but nen users can sense other nen useres from certain distances. I'm sure Uvo wasn't using zetsu...So it's pretty obvious to who was coming after him...

as far as I could read noone was making a comparison with the old tv series, they were comparing the scenes with the manga. So no you won't ever get rid of people comparing the manga with the show, unless they start to make up their own story.
Sep 10, 2012 8:51 PM

Jan 2012
Mephz said:
noonealive said:

Anyways besides that....

as far as I could read noone was making a comparison with the old tv series, they were comparing the scenes with the manga. So no you won't ever get rid of people comparing the manga with the show, unless they start to make up their own story.

I never said people were comparing the series with the old one. I'm saying most of the complainers are the ones that watched the older version. So the 1999 anime isn't gonna be a source material for the complaints..some people think most of what happened in that anime was cannon..I don't mind people comparing the show to the manga but people comparing it to the older anime is pretty retarded.. =[]
Sep 10, 2012 11:25 PM

Oct 2009
Mikasa said:
No what's the point of sensing if it can only used within your vision range?

Ok, can you at least point me to a certain chapter in the manga where this "sense" is explained?
Sep 11, 2012 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
coldwave said:
Mikasa said:
No what's the point of sensing if it can only used within your vision range?

Ok, can you at least point me to a certain chapter in the manga where this "sense" is explained?

End Zionazism
Sep 11, 2012 4:58 AM
May 2007
I find this arc boring sometimes! However Uvo kissing Shalnark, I always love seeing that. Shalnark is still a cutie despite his feminine voice now. I'm all interested in a Hisoka vs Chrollo fight, two hotties fighting together and I'm sure there will be more views of Chrollo's naked chest to appreciate! Also how Gon will get Greed Island. The promised place where Kurapika is meeting Hisoka, that's some Silent Hill for me.
Sep 11, 2012 7:38 PM
Aug 2012
The next episode will define the entire anime, I would put all my budget to make an epic battle like the original version.

And I'm in doubt if Greed Island will be OVA style like original version, otherwise they should just remaster it to HD.
Sep 12, 2012 6:06 AM

Jul 2011
j0x said:
i like the Cameo Appearance of Pu from Yu Yu Hakusho

and dang i thought this episode will be about action but we have to wait next week for that

LMAO and I just rewatched yuyu yesterday, nice reference!

Good episode but I can't wait to see the next!
Sep 12, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
jirico said:
The next episode will define the entire anime, I would put all my budget to make an epic battle like the original version.

And I'm in doubt if Greed Island will be OVA style like original version, otherwise they should just remaster it to HD.

I think it'd be sad if an entire anime (and one that's going to be (presumably? lol, I hope ;_;) longrunning) was majorly defined by a single episode.
And I don't see why the GI arc would be stuck as OVAs again.
Sep 12, 2012 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
Why does everyone notice Puu from YYH but not that one-eyed creature who's also from YYH -_-
End Zionazism
Sep 12, 2012 1:42 PM
Jul 2012
Mikasa said:
Why does everyone notice Puu from YYH but not that one-eyed creature who's also from YYH -_-

and that other thing, whatever it is
beside ugly puu was there since the introduction of neon, it's nothing new
Sep 12, 2012 1:44 PM

Mar 2012
Lolack said:
Mikasa said:

and that other thing, whatever it is
beside ugly puu was there since the introduction of neon, it's nothing new

I am waiting for the Non-togashi/takeuchi references in later arcs...those will be awesome if animated :P
End Zionazism
Sep 13, 2012 3:01 AM

Dec 2010
why didn't they show Leorio's arm wrestling event?
this guy is always taken for granted :(
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Sep 13, 2012 3:19 AM
Dec 2011

hunter x hunter has some many gay couples.

I love u ! Don't u dare cheat on me !

Worried....

cheated.

weird part is the barbaric guy kissed him but the sissy looking guy seems gayer.
wigglejellySep 13, 2012 3:23 AM
Sep 13, 2012 5:09 AM

Mar 2012
^ WTF
End Zionazism
Sep 13, 2012 2:05 PM
Aug 2011
Mikasa said:

I was thinking about this all along
it was from the 4 saint beasts arc, nice.
Sep 13, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2011
Kurapika should switch off his phone >.>
Sep 13, 2012 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
^ Stupid iphones don't have offline mode...a man needs to use his apps
Sep 14, 2012 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
Comparing this episode with original version/manga:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.
LunaSep 16, 2012 2:09 AM
Sep 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Dec 2007
Sep 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
The pacing of this arc has been brilliant so far, there's not a second wasted or stretched out. The next episode is going to blow my mind, I can't wait!
Dec 17, 2012 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
Aside from a few musical choices, I'd say this is much better than the first adaptation. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
Dat last line. Someone's definitely going to be screaming next episode.
Aug 1, 2013 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
j0x said:

and dang i thought this episode will be about action but we have to wait next week for that

lol, I saw the winnie the pooh egor toy.

Pretty great episode.
Weird that the white man has awkward altre.
Can't wait for this fight to start. Going to be pretty awesome.
5/5
Jan 3, 2014 2:49 AM

Jul 2013
great episode!! definitely Uvo vs. Kurapika next!
Feb 12, 2014 10:38 PM
Aug 2013
badass. really awesome at the end kurapika is not scared at all!
May 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2011
well its not like I expected them to fight on this ep anyways
Jun 1, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Mostly just a build up episode to the confrontation that is coming next episode. Gon and killua are becoming more aware of the situation happening at yorknew and what kurapica is doing.

Uvokin and kurapica's battle is bout to start, should be intense.

Jun 21, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2012
Lol)) Uvogin is so cute~~~
Jun 26, 2014 7:08 PM

Nov 2011
Leorio was pretty smart in getting them in the big stakes arm wrestling. Too bad that didn't pan out. At least Gon and co. are finally getting clued in to the Phantom Troupe situation.

Kurapika vs Uvogin. This should be interesting.
Jun 26, 2014 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
It's all over for Kurapika. He really was too young to die.
Sep 7, 2014 9:02 PM

Apr 2013
Finally it's time for Kurapika to exact revenge upon one of the Phantom troupe's. Can't wait to see the battle.
Dec 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
So excited for this battle! Kurapika has to win. I've got a feeling Kurapika is going to capture the Troupe members and let Gon and Killua use them to win the prize money, so that they can buy Greed Island. This has definitely been the best arc so far!
Dec 22, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
Hooou, Kurapika has got his cool one-liner dictionary in hand as I see. May he wreck his ball upon him.

I loved the transition between Kurapika and co. urgent situation to Gon, Killua and Leorio trying to earn money through stupid ways x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2015 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
Gon, Killua and Leorio going to join the fight?
Apr 21, 2015 10:56 AM
Mar 2013
This episode was rather boring: almost nothing happened..
Apr 21, 2015 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
those are some nice short shorts that Uwo is wearing.

Sep 5, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
Wolfiexe said:
This ED always come in at the perfect times. It's a killer though, knowing it's gonna be another week to see what happens next. Should be an awesome episode.

oh i know how you feel. the song is so awesome and everything but when it starts i always go like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" DDDDDDDD:

coldwave said:

You'd bet your life on the vague assumption like this? Are we talking about the smartest of the main characters in the show here? If Kurapika understood that Uvo will fight him fair and square one-on-one, why didn't he just challenge him right in front of the other Troupe members instead of capturing him? I mean, why not? Fuck common sense, Ima in the shonen manga.

you must remember, pika has very, very, very extreme rage within him, as the past like 5-6 episodes have repeatedly said. with that into account you have to understand that pika would take ANY chance to take uvo on, whether it be a hunch or not. plus he's top class at perceiving. i'm sure he was betting uvo'd come back because he didn't seem like the forgive and forget (or shrug and forget) type of guy. dude should make his own detective agency charging at 2 million jenny per case after the completes his revenge (like he needs more money since he's a hunter but you know what i mean).

Shadow-Chan said:
I find this arc boring sometimes! However Uvo kissing Shalnark, I always love seeing that. Shalnark is still a cutie despite his feminine voice now. I'm all interested in a Hisoka vs Chrollo fight, two hotties fighting together and I'm sure there will be more views of Chrollo's naked chest to appreciate! Also how Gon will get Greed Island. The promised place where Kurapika is meeting Hisoka, that's some Silent Hill for me.

forget pika, it's shalnark that looks and sounds like a girl! >.<

ainky said:
j0x said:

LMAO and I just rewatched yuyu yesterday, nice reference!

i have seen a few eps of it and that blue penguin was itching at my mind for so long. THAT'S where it came from!

-Sayuri- said:
Lol)) Uvogin is so cute~~~

freaking ew....
-----
the episode was great but everyone could just see it's M/H creating the hype. let's go!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.