Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2012 9:28 PM

Jan 2010
LordSenate said:
I just marathon because I don't want to get to the point where I want to finish the anime and I can't because it isnt finished yet!
Sep 5, 2012 11:19 PM

Nov 2007
my attention span is far too short from me to remember the details of an episode from a week ago, much less 2 months ago, so I pretty much just watch completed series
Sep 5, 2012 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
I prefer to watch ongoing anime.
Sep 6, 2012 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
I'd rather watch completed series :)

Sep 6, 2012 5:04 AM

Jan 2012
Marathon.

It's very rewarding to get to the end of an episode and be able to see what happens next immediately.

I also don't have any sort of predictable schedule that I can make time to keep up with ongoing stuff.
I download them during the season and watch them when they're done.
Sep 6, 2012 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
I don't mind watching airing anime, its probably better to marathon >_> but what can I say I'm impatiant.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 18, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2011
Marathon because I can't damn wait if it's still airing. The only disadvantage in marathon is the SPOILERS.

Sep 18, 2012 6:03 AM

Apr 2011
Marathoning is much more fun! I'll still watch currently airing stuff though.
Sep 18, 2012 6:22 AM

Apr 2010
Marathoning all the way!

Just because I don't like waiting 1 week for an episode. I'd rather wait till it's completed.
Sep 18, 2012 6:26 AM
Oct 2011
shmirkies said:
if your watching aired anime every week there will be a time that you'll have to rewatch the whole thing again.
I actually prefer this way, watch anime while it's airing and if the show is awesome I'll re-watch it.
Sep 18, 2012 6:30 AM

Jul 2011
I don't really like waiting and since I usually watch a majority of my anime in the summer when I have more free-time, I just end up marathoning whatever series needs to be watched then.
Sep 18, 2012 7:19 AM
Feb 2012
I'm only gonna begin the marathoning once these new ones from the Fall finish. But hell, it's gonna suck when peeps are gonna spoil stuff for you.
Sep 18, 2012 8:06 AM

Jul 2010
i generally wait until a week before a show ends and start watching it. best case scenario i'll marathon it slow enough where i won't have to wait for the last episode. doesn't work out too well half of the time unless i wait for the show to finish airing then marathon. =/

Sep 18, 2012 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
I like both. However, If I marathon shows, I'm just going to get addicted and end up staying up all night trying to watch every single episode, then I don't remember anything because I was dead tired watching half of it. Watching 100 different shows brings great variety, and it's exiting when a new episode of my favourite show appears. I find it easy enough to remember what's going on in shows from week to week.
Sep 18, 2012 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
I like marathoning but those currently airing shows make me curious so I end up with 8 of them on my list LOL
Sep 18, 2012 8:43 PM

Dec 2011
I do both but recently I rather watching currently airing anime for the only reason that since I can't watch the next episode, I don,t get sucked in, so it's easier for me to leave and do the things I want to do, whereas if I marathon I'll want to know what happens next, but the difference is I CAN know what happens next, so it's much harder to stop and go do thigns I have / want to do
Sep 18, 2012 8:46 PM

Jun 2011
0_0 Can I say BOTH?

I mean, I marathoned Steins;Gate and Tsubasa Chronicles recently... Working on Eden of the East when I'm NOT doing homework.

And I finished up:
-Hyouka
-Natsuyuki Rendezvous
-Arcana Famiglia

Currently watching:
-Tari Tari
-Kuroko no Basket
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 20, 2012 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
Most definitely marathoning
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 20, 2012 4:11 PM
Apr 2010
Yes I prefer marathoning because I dislike waiting for each new episode every week. And yes I've lost interest a few times as well because I had to wait and then eventually forgot about the show I was watching. Another reason I don't like waiting on airing shows is that by the time a new episode is out I sometimes forget what happened in the previous ep already.
Feb 4, 2013 9:15 PM
Jun 2012
Definitely marathoning, both have their privileges, but im not planning on watching many more airing anime after the ones on my list are completed, since my memory is not good enough to remember something from a week ago T_T
Feb 4, 2013 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
Marathoning i hate waiting for a week 2 watch another episode
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Feb 4, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
I prefer marathoning over airing. It's much easier to keep up with the plot of any serialized show when there isn't a week or two between each episode (and being busy won't force me to sacrifice one.) This makes end-of-episode cliffhangers a lot more bearable.
Feb 4, 2013 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
90% of the time, I get into anime months/years after it's ended. So I have no choice but to marathon it.(´_`)

But when I get a chance to get into a series that's currently airing, I defiantly prefer it. Not only is it something to look forward to every week, but it's fun to sit around and gush about the newest episode with other fans who are just as excited as you are.

As much as I love watching an entire series in one sweep, it sucks when you finish a series and then find yourself alone in the show's barren forums.
Feb 4, 2013 11:05 PM
Feb 2012
I would rather wait a week for the next episode than wait months before I can even start watching. This also helps in regard to my policy of never dropping shows, so if I pick up a average/bad show, it's much easier to finish at one episode a week than attempting to marathon.
Feb 4, 2013 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
Used to be kinda episodic before.

Now, I marathon everything i feel like watching :P
Feb 4, 2013 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
i marathon everything when it is finished
RRRRRRRRRR
Feb 5, 2013 12:35 AM

Mar 2011
Marathon. I got sick of waiting for new episodes.
Feb 5, 2013 3:32 AM
Nov 2012
im way too impatient to wait every week for a new ep. even animes that i really want to watch, i'll wait until the season is over before marathoning it.
Feb 5, 2013 3:51 AM

Jan 2013
i like marathon better...
but for currently airing, i dont want to wait so dont have a choice, i watch it while ongoing
Feb 5, 2013 4:00 AM

Jan 2012
i have never watched an airing series upto yet, im dying to watch psycho pass but want to wait until its completed or at least until its near the end before I start watching... maybe because im just impatient and hate the thought of having to wait a week before each episode..... but then again, with work/friends/other hobbies/girlfriend its hard to watch anime anyway so i don't want to wait a week aha!
Feb 5, 2013 4:10 AM
Jan 2013
I like to do both.
Feb 5, 2013 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
I watch it as currently airing, since I wouldn't have the patience to wait for it to finish. Reasons are because my curiosity tingles me to the point that it kills me if I don't watch something right away :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 5, 2013 5:31 AM

Sep 2012
I used to think waiting a week for new episode was a terrible idea, but I've changed my mind. It's actually pretty interesting to discuss and theorize what's coming next.
Feb 5, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2012
''Marathoning'', I hate watching one episode per week. That's why I wait 'til Bakuman 3 is completed.
Feb 5, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2007
That depends.

For episodic anime, marathoning them bore me. So I watch weekly.

If the series is one of my most anticipated for the season, also weekly.

Sometimes, when I watch a weekly anime, when it gets to the good part that I can't wait for the next episode, I usually read the manga... then neglect to watch the remaining episodes weekly. So marathon them when I have time.
Feb 5, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
Depends. Some stuff is good for weekly episodes so then I can talk about them online.
Feb 5, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2012
natssuu said:
''Marathoning'', I hate watching one episode per week. That's why I wait 'til Bakuman 3 is completed.

This exactly. I don't want to wait weekly for something that is close to completion anyways (Bakuman 3).
Feb 5, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
Airing, actually. That way I don't get the crazy eyes and marathon my sleep schedule to hell if I run into good anime :P Also it's nice to have those little moments of "yay, I get to watch x tonight". I grew up watching regular tv broadcasts where they show one ep a week so nothing new to me.
Feb 5, 2013 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
i don't want to wait until shows like psycho-pass are completed because i know that i would see spoilers sooner or later and i really, really hate spoilers. so if i see that a good show is airing, i'll definitely watch it now.
but i actually prefer marathoning tbh because you have enough time to get into the show and to feel the atmosphere and it's not over after 20 minutes.
Feb 5, 2013 8:13 AM
Feb 2012
Most of the time you'll see me marathoning, I'm naturally impatient when it comes to getting to know facts one week later.
Feb 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
I guess it depends. Slice of life anime is something I'd probably watch as it airs while something like a thriller I'd probably just wait to marathon later.

While I might miss discussing it online week by week, I'm mostly too impatient to wait and would rather miss the discussions but get a chance to watch it all at once.
Feb 5, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
I usually watch while airing unless its already finished airing

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 5, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
I can't stand watching a lousy 20 minutes of an episode every single week, screw all that mess. I'm a marathon man through and through. Even for long running ongoing anime such as One Piece and Gintama I like to hoard episodes like a miser and blow my load all at once.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
LayedBack said:
I can't stand watching a lousy 20 minutes of an episode every single week, screw all that mess. I'm a marathon man through and through. Even for long running ongoing anime such as One Piece and Gintama I like to hoard episodes like a miser and blow my load all at once.
That is the sexiest way to put it.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 5, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
LayedBack said:

Hell yes, I laughed hard at that.

It really depends on the show for me. When I'm really into a show, I'll wait and grind it out. When a show is meh, or episodic, then one episode per week is the best way to watch it IMO.

If the show is absolutely addicting, I regrettably cannot restrain myself and follow every episode the millisecond it releases. (Currently Space Brothers and Shinsekai Yori)
Feb 5, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
idk. I like both, but when something is already completed I can watch it over the course of a few days if I want, and that sometimes makes it a better experience because everything is fresh in your mind and you can quickly pick up on any reiteration and what not.

But having to wait a week between episodes is fine...for the most part
Feb 5, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Depends on the anime, for example Code Geass is an anime you must marathon, but some others aren't..
Feb 6, 2013 1:06 AM
Jun 2009
Always marathoning - I started watching FMAB when it was only half way through and I still haven't finished it, but if I started when it was all out, I would have finished it within a few weeks.
Feb 6, 2013 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
Only marathoning - i like to set the tempo of watching myself. If there are quality anime or tv shows i think i would like that are finished and i didnt watch i always start with them. If its not finished i wait until the current season is over.

But i do admit that when i watched tv series Lost i enjoyed going to the forum every week and share observations/theories and opinions. And i hate when i unintenitionaly read a big spoiler of someting i want to watch.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Are there Anime Industry People you hate like Voice Actor, Director, etc?

Dragevard - Apr 28

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

123 by armob »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance

Jackson_rajkumar - 6 hours ago

36 by armob »»
9 minutes ago

» What are some shows that are commonly credited to change someone's life?

APolygons2 - 58 minutes ago

14 by armob »»
12 minutes ago

» Why do veteran weebs hate "casuals"?

Clovis - Yesterday

46 by BirdyTheMighty »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.