Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The summer festival New Years episode with Eru Chitanda in a kimono!

Looks like the duo of Chitanda and Oreki are in trouble though cause they get stuck alone. All cold and by themselves in a little room. You know the typical drill, warm each other by...

Good thing they got out though and Happy New Years LOL.
Stark700Sep 2, 2012 5:48 PM
Sep 2, 2012 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
New Year ep. and the two are trapped. Chitanda's kimono's pretty and she wanted to show it off to the guy. lol~ busy vs. relaxed day. Miko girl with glasses = Juumonji? And Childhood girl is also part-time miko? So that's why he got trapped later? He got bad luck. And he made mistake... lol @ his "tehepero".

His detective skill is used for how to get out of it this time. lol @ the ways to get out. Both of their friends don't see their messages, though. With her bag, his friend was able to understand it.

Valentine's day next ep.? (and probably final ep.?)

I thought so. The climax is the school festival arc, and the series is cooled down to reach the final episodes with random mysteries.
tsubasaloverSep 16, 2012 10:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
So cute. Its like a date :D

1 episode to go q.q or that was the last one?
Sep 2, 2012 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
Smart Houtarou. Why didn't he just obediently take Eru-chan's obi?
Sep 2, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2008
OMG! THIS EPISODE IS...

I CAN'T! THIS EPISODE IS SO PERFECT!
I don't know how I will handle the last Valentine episode!
Sep 2, 2012 4:13 PM

Aug 2011
i was hoping they'd make passionate love in the shed in an attempt to keep warm...
Sep 2, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2010
itsvero said:
i was hoping they'd make passionate love in the shed in an attempt to keep warm...

...but it did not happend...
Sep 2, 2012 4:25 PM
Feb 2012
Great episode, Mazui subs are already out.
Sad that there's just one more episode left... Wonder how they'll end the season? Valentine's day seems a good setting for getting Oreki and Chitanda to kiss :)

Also, Oreki should've just accepted Chitanda's obi :P
Sep 2, 2012 4:26 PM

May 2012
Man, when they both said they were cold, and that short moment of silence. I REALLY wanted oreki to be like, "Theres is a way for us to be warm, we can hug" man that would have been a nice scene.

Chitanda looked really nice in her Yukata, loved the bit when she said she wanted to show off. and the bit with the string

Next episode is valentines day, i really hope Chitanda and Oreki will start going out. That will end the series in such a awesome way =D
Sep 2, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
I think this episode is good. I don't really think I picked up anything much because I'm still stunned by Chitanda-chan in a Kimono in the spoiler:

They're so like couple :)

Oh, and don't forget about Mayaka in an unexpected Miku dress. So cute:

Oh, by the way, that joke about Obi ... Oreki should have take her Obi! :P

----

There's no way I can end this without posting this following photo ...
sikachuuuSep 2, 2012 4:39 PM

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Sep 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Oct 2008
Eru in that Kimino is simply gorgeous.

Shame Satoshi and Mayaka did not get more airtime in this episode though. I kinda want to see their development as well. (Well, I guess it's better than getting none at all like the last episode)

Also:
Sep 2, 2012 5:09 PM
Aug 2009
Oreki!...You let me down :(
Loved the kimono tho.
Sep 2, 2012 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
That kimono! Really too bad they didn't warm each other.

One episode left, a kiss would be nice for a satisfying ending.
ZhouSep 2, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 2, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2012
Great episode!

But... Y U NO HUG TO REMAIN WARM???!!!

Oh well. Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 2, 2012 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, it really doesn't feel like it's going to end next week.

Whenever they said Nobunaga, I read it as Nobuna. -.-
Sep 2, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2012
one of my favourite episodes! Anyone know if there will be a season two?
Sep 2, 2012 5:22 PM
Oct 2010
eru was so cute in her kimono <3

yuuichis characters seem to get locked in sheds often :o
happened in clannad too lol
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 2, 2012 5:24 PM
Jan 2010
aimedamiss said:

ah same! I kept thinking about Nobuna when they showed the Nobunaga scenes. xD
Sep 2, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
Omg one more episode T_T
Sep 2, 2012 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode :D Next episode is valentine's! We all know where this is going. :D

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 2, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2010
*DIES OF ERU CUTENESS* and lmaoo, i didnt know Oreki can be this hilarious XD:

10/5 God, how i love this freaking show ~.~ Why only 1 episode left...im sad now ;_;
Sep 2, 2012 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
There were a couple of ways to keep warm that they didn't think of. But this a family show.

These last two episodes seem to hint at a romantic development between those two, I just hope that it actually happens.

Kaho looks a lot better in that maid outfit, I would have liked to have seen more of her.

Looking forward to Valentine's next week!
Sep 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Dec 2011
lol was expecting to see a beautiful new year end festival episode with pretty Kimono's but we just got one big Chitanda x Oreki tease, not even a snuggle -_- With no mystery solving this time round, they could of at least finished it off with the all appearing fireworks Dx

iLostReason said:
*DIES OF ERU CUTENESS* and lmaoo, i didnt know Oreki can be this hilarious XD:

10/5 God, how i love this freaking show ~.~ Why only 1 episode left...im sad now ;_;

Laughed soo hard at that bit<3

(And Oreki-nee sans face still remains the biggest unsloved mystery...)
Sep 2, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
I love this series so much that I start laughing at every face face they make XD

OMG one episode left T__T oh, but it's ending with valentin's day! hohoho
Sep 2, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
It's not summer festival. It's New Year like you mentioned at the end, and it's kimono.

Got it now, thanks as I just re-watched the episode with subs.

Ah, I need to learn more Japanese these days.
Stark700Sep 2, 2012 6:07 PM
Sep 2, 2012 5:49 PM

May 2010
Mayaka and Satoshi are dense but at least Satoshi finally got it after all that time

Eru looked to good in that Kimono.
Sep 2, 2012 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe there is only 1 episode left!!! D: I'll really gonna miss this anime
Sep 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2010
Satoshi deserves some props or else they would still be stuck in that shed.
Sep 2, 2012 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
This was another excellent episode. The best element of these last several episodes is the manner in which the character and relationship development gradually evolves, which results in a thoroughly satisfying progression. The incredibly detailed background art remains, as always, one of the most impressive aspects of this show. The meticulously implemented visual cues used to portray how bitterly cold it was were fantastic here.

The shrine was a really nice change of scenery, providing a more romantic feel to the Oreki x Chitanda "date". They really have terrific chemistry together, and I greatly enjoy the small, but effective nods to their ever-growing relationship. I mean, they're practically a couple now. Next episode will very likely be amazing since it seems to take place on Valentines Day, providing a large possibility for greater romantic developments among the Oreki x Chitanda and Satoshi x Mayaka relationships.

All in all, Hyouka continues to impress with it's consistently incredible quality in basically every area. The direction, artistic composition, story, and character development are all brilliantly realized in nearly ever episode. I'm really going to miss Hyouka after the last episode, as it's easily one of the best anime of the year.
Sep 2, 2012 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
W-what i- i can't take in all the greatness which was this episode even if it was just about them being stuck in a shed! to many funny moments with Oreki,

but ive been wondering has the relationship between Satoshi and Mayaka always been ike that? i feel at one point she use to treat him how she treats Oreki now still lol

but another surprise for me was during the preview there was a clip of a old arcade mech game i used to play as a kid i wish i remembered the name though! :_;
Sep 2, 2012 6:36 PM

Apr 2011
katsu044 said:

but another surprise for me was during the preview there was a clip of a old arcade mech game i used to play as a kid i wish i remembered the name though! :_;

It's called Cyber Troopers Virtual-On or Virtual-On for short. I used to play that game too.

I hope they end up a couple in the last episode as it feels it headed that way.
MagitoSep 2, 2012 6:42 PM
Sep 2, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
Lelouch22 said:
This was another excellent episode. The best element of these last several episodes is the manner in which the character and relationship development gradually evolves, which results in a thoroughly satisfying progression. The incredibly detailed background art remains, as always, one of the most impressive aspects of this show. The meticulously implemented visual cues used to portray how bitterly cold it was were fantastic here.

The shrine was a really nice change of scenery, providing a more romantic feel to the Oreki x Chitanda "date". They really have terrific chemistry together, and I greatly enjoy the small, but effective nods to their ever-growing relationship. I mean, they're practically a couple now. Next episode will very likely be amazing since it seems to take place on Valentines Day, providing a large possibility for greater romantic developments among the Oreki x Chitanda and Satoshi x Mayaka relationships.

All in all, Hyouka continues to impress with it's consistently incredible quality in basically every area. The direction, artistic composition, story, and character development are all brilliantly realized in nearly ever episode. I'm really going to miss Hyouka after the last episode, as it's easily one of the best anime of the year.

They are an informal couple, and this was a date ;)

One day, they willl get to the next stage, but it will be natural for them.

But I love the conversation about the obi string. It was like if chitanda said "I don't mind if my obi fall like I've fallen for you"

(there is potential for wonderfull vanilla hentai doujinshi here :p)
Sep 2, 2012 6:44 PM
May 2012

Look at her! She totally wants to do it!
lj167Sep 2, 2012 6:51 PM
Sep 2, 2012 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Magito said:

It's called Cyber Troopers Virtual-On or Virtual-On for short. I used to play that game too.

I hope they end up a couple in the last episode as it feels it headed that way.
thanks for that glad to see i wasn't the only one who played it
Sep 2, 2012 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
Now I remember next week will be the last episode. Oh Lord.
Also, Satoshi confirmed for best MC bro. You can't deny it.
Sep 2, 2012 7:10 PM
Nov 2011
i was internally screaming this whole episode
Sep 2, 2012 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
1. NOOOO ONE EPISODE LEFT

2. He should've taken the obi string :). She was even willing to use it.

3. Soo many flags popping up xD
Sep 2, 2012 7:35 PM

May 2009
TehMelays said:
1. NOOOO ONE EPISODE LEFT

2. He should've taken the obi string :). She was even willing to use it.

3. Soo many flags popping up xD

1. Nope, two more.
3. Too bad nothing will happen ;_;
Sep 2, 2012 7:51 PM

Jul 2009
v3catsxanime said:
aimedamiss said:

ah same! I kept thinking about Nobuna when they showed the Nobunaga scenes. xD

I literally watched Nobuna right before this, so all I pictured was a pretty blonde, not an old man.
Sep 2, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2012
Eru in that kimono and tied up hair was so MOE and sexy.

They totally should have rubbed against each other to keep warm :P

Still, another great bonding ep for them both. Can't believe next week is the last ep, and it's a valentines ep no less!

I hope it ends with Oreki and Eru atleast somewhat confessing to each other or something close to it lol.
Sep 2, 2012 7:55 PM
Aug 2009
I really like this show overall, but this episode was shit plot-wise.

If Oreki is such a god at deducing stuff. How come he didn't just have chitanda hide in the darkness, yell to get ppl to open, walk out alone, come back 1 min later and help chitanda out?

With this banging in my head all the fucking time I couldn't really bring myself to enjoying anything.
Sep 2, 2012 8:06 PM
Jun 2010
This entire episode was just a set up for that awful pun at the end. (Not to say that I didn't enjoy it, but) Why would they waste an episode on such a long, tortured joke?

Edit: The "Sappy New Year" translation from Mazui is terrible, but I couldn't think of anything better. Perhaps something like "Trap-y New Year."
guavaSep 2, 2012 9:23 PM
Sep 2, 2012 8:10 PM

Nov 2009
Damn ...... THEY WERE TRAPPED, and still, nothing happened? Err, not that kind of happening, I mean there were still no progress on their relationship, damn u orei just make chitanda your lover already ...

Anyway, good episode, oreki always the man chitanda can rely on :D, oh and the drama saved his ass lol, can't wait for next week.

As I said, this show deserves more audiences ...

oh btw, beautiful amv

xD
Sep 2, 2012 8:36 PM

May 2012
ADgdhtjtgrthERHGGyyt7ju6rhtgrfe
If the last episode is half as great as this, I can die happy
Oreki's reaction to Chitandas kimono was perfect ^^
And their little alone time in the shed was incredibly cute, even if they didn't cuddle to keep warm like I had hoped

Best part:

Oreki, you kill me xD

Only one more episode though ;w;
fujoxinSep 2, 2012 8:39 PM
Sep 2, 2012 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
Chitanda in kimono!!!!!! So charming! Well, Mayaka is charming in miko outfit too.
I thought their going to cuddle together... but it didn't happen :(

I learned a new SOS message. This is the first time I have ever seen that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 9:01 PM

Apr 2012
OREKI WAS SO FREAKING CUUUUTEEE <3
oh man oh man hes just too adorable this episode was too much especially when they showed him living the life of a hermit crab c:
i dont want the last episode to be here already they better have a second season :c
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
Noooo it ended too fast :(
Sep 2, 2012 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Damn! That was such a big opportunity for Oreki! He could have increased their love level up. I honestly thought they would confess inside but I hope it ends with them together. So sad, one more episode! :(
Sep 2, 2012 9:28 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly was not aware the next episode was the last until I read the comments.
Sep 2, 2012 9:31 PM

Nov 2008
I know nothing much is really happening with the story, but just seeing Chitanda x Oreki together makes it worth watching. I really enjoyed this anime, and I just want something more to happen between these two. They already look so much like a couple..I just need it to become official.

Hopefully the Valentine's episode next week, will give something satisfying concerning these two lovely characters.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.