Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 19, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sawa’s arc continues to impress me. First of all despite all the hospital drama, her father going totally wild cause of the accident and her current situation she still is wild over her horse riding sports. Rather insane but an ultimate proof of having a passion. Not just a fuck it it’s too much for me. No no. Totally dedicated Sawa is to her passion. That is nice to show it. One of those factors is the following,

No normal person would go all wild to bring their horse as a bike around town in modern times. As a result loads of attraction to one self. However the ending result became comedic in the spoiler
horse as a bike among bikes but it’s not what it appears to be so loads of people are WTF at it along with the social crowd of the town as in WTF is she doing with that when she can have other means. Truly they failed to comprehend, that only a passionate can go to such lengths in using their sports partner less they would not have such high passion.

About Sawa in the hospital, continuing from last episode the start was a heart saddening epilogue in the spoiler
poor Sawa :( in that machine being scanned and with results at the end of it.
Quite pleased the results do not show major brain damage or any critical for that matter.

About Sawa back at home, it happens that Sawa even at home is pretty angry at herself however the warmth her mother shows in the spoiler
really gave out good feelings. However I am angry at Sawa’s attitude towards her father. The F girl? You throw that mag at your father’s face AFTER all the stuff he did before in the hospital and all. The F seriously? Sawa needs to make up with her father ASAP. The situation with him is bad and stenches.

About Sawa being back at school, there are 2 parts of interest to me during that part. First of all it’s nice to see Sawa filling up that form in the spoiler
but I am not so sure she even knows what to write in it. However it’s good to see her back at school and recovered.

Things got a little wild in the spoiler
following closely by the outburst of Sawa towards that girl with not much hair, it rather became apparent Sawa has lingering vexing feelings of being irritated rather easily. That was quite the blow out.

About Sawa at Wien’s place, now Konatsu is a SWEETHEART again! Look at how amazing she quickly reacts to Sawa’s outburst immediately tending to her in the spoiler
by making her come to Wien’s place and of all things on the train plays around with Sawa to keep her calm and not out-bursting. Quite a feature of most pleasant proportions IMO.

Konatsu does not stop there. She continues to play with Sawa in the spoiler
with yellow Ranger figurine essentially trying to constantly subdue the negative feelings of Sawa despite making Wien pissed off at playing with his figurine. Whom most likely means a lot to him as an object.

That being said it is to remark in the spoiler
WIEN IS RICH! To have a Piano like that and a mansion like that? WOW! RICH! I tell you! Anyone know the typical cost for this in Japan? Must be in the 1 000 000 of $$$ or more.

Finally when Sakai cried in the spoiler
I DID TOO! Damn girl tried so hard still at Sawa’s problem. You can see despite that Sawa was still frustrated and gloomy. I hope Sakai’s feelings reached her out somehow along with Konatsu’s efforts themselves at this stage of the episode.

About the aftermath of Wien’s place, guess it takes a break around this part from Sawa a little. Despite showing her caring very much for her horse in the spoiler
I kind of liked the night time presentation of the events in that part.

However it goes past that into Konatsu/Sakai parts in the spoiler
whom flesh out of Konatsu’s seriousness in the singing elements. The fleshing out of her committed feelings towards singing was quite spectacular. That is not what amazed me most. What really boasted out was the spoiler
the light! The miracle of memories and their feelings! AH!
Indeed Sakai’s mother Mahiru being young along with Naoko! That really impressed a lot. Konatsu impressed a lot during that part with her determination and expressions to back it up.

About back at Sawa’s place, I am probably the only one but Sawa’s body in the following,

Along with the spoiler
showed quite a sexy streak there of her. Particularly the way she was shown. That hair down and sexy form. It’s rather strange that such a powerful feeling of attraction comes to her from me at that particular part but that’s how I felt. I also felt that the father in the spoiler
got wild aright. Actually he looks to have blownout.

I did love a lot the super sudden PEP up in the spoiler
everyone just calling Sawa and singing in the phone. WOW! Quite amazing for a situation TBH. I really found it inspiring there.

About thee end, the PEP up worked so well with Sawa that she goes all out with her passion of horse riding in the spoiler
going all over town and impressing loads of people in her passion. A sight to see considering all is captured from a horse riding point, it’s quite unique and never the same like a bike/car.

During all that Wien was quite insane in the spoiler
for wanting to ring that alarm itself. That was rather drastic of him.

Sawa made it and AMAZING HIGH FIVE in the spoiler
YO! That was so cool for a end with the competition coming at hand. All that goes in my mind WIN THIS! WIN IT! YEAH! So much cheers will be needed next episode.

About the preview, looks like next episode Sawa’s mother will go wild in the spoiler
with cheering moves? Looks like it and what are those things on the person’s head? Konatsu looks to be full of energy so I hope it means they win. That being said, another good episode and next episode COMPETITION TIME BABY! YEAH!

BTW Custom Art for all in the spoiler
of Sawa and Konatsu! Really nice!
Yumekichi11Aug 19, 2012 1:10 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2012 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
I sort of like Sawa in a way now than originally before the beginning of the series.

And oh, I would love to ride my horse to school rather than driving a car. It would take a bit longer but more fun and eco friendly.
Aug 19, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
Sawa literally got right back on the horse after being knocked off.
Aug 19, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I really got into an emotional roller coaster in this episode. At the beginning I was cursing her father so bad, up until I saw him called the school on the phone ... He seems like he *really* loves his daughter. Wow, my heart felt warm.

Sawa galloping Sabure to the school was epic, didn't expect that at all. I thought her father would drive a car for her after I realized that she left her bike at school, so that was better than I expected.

The live music at the middle of this episode really reminds me how I love this show. Yeah, their voice are really awesome, especially Wakana's VA and Konatsu's VA.

I was expecting that we would hear they sing the live version of "Shiokaze no Harmony" at the end of the episode though. Too bad that didn't happen, but just cut into the ED. Oh well, I guess I was asking too much from the show.

---

Anyway, so now seems like Sawa's arc is done. I really hope she could get into the riding school! Next up, from the preview, is definitely Wein. In this EP, we heard something about his 'red' masked ranger, so I think we would hear more about that in the next EP. I'm happy for you guys who were waiting for guys' story :)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 19, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
BTW, Wein's house is so epic and huge. The size of Piano's room is very large as well, so his parents must have been very rich before they moved away. Now I wonder why he had to moved back ...

Also, I like that Wakana told the Vice Principal something that her mother was told her before. That really show how internally they're almost the same, and Wakana is really a cheerful girl. :3

---

However, based on [Doki] subs, during the conversation between Sawa and Wakana, it seems like Wakana said that she would be happily drop the music if her mother is still alive, but now she can't because her mother isn't here anymore. I don't understand her intention on that. Am I missing something here?
sikachuuuAug 19, 2012 2:21 PM

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 19, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2008
Wakana!! You've grown up so good. Daddy is so proud of you. //sob sob

Oh dear. Great episode.

Wakana is the mvp this time.
She kept cool-headed. She convinced the vice. She supported Sawa. She bought the team enough time.
Really, she did about everything.

Sawa rode Sabure to school was priceless.

I might've said this so many times, but, Epic Wien is epic.
His house too is epic.
Aug 19, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
"If this isn't an emergency, what is?!" LOL.

Wakana is awesome. Best girl.

Also OMG I hope it's Wein's arc next week. PLEAAAAAAASE!
Aug 19, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2012
I like this anime very much. Very sweet indeed.

Now, thoughts.

Sawa's dad's voice is rather amusing. Sawa shouldn't be riding horses on roads. The vice-principal is clearly God, and finally, it always surprises me at how much common sense many students lack in anime.

Auch, Wien ist der Beste! (Also, Wien is the greatest!)
Aug 19, 2012 4:16 PM

Aug 2010
GAHHH!!! every time I see wakana's face it reminds me of a lost puppy ._.

Anyways waiting for vice principal arc.(if there is one.)
Aug 19, 2012 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
She mosly fall down becuase of trying to lose weight.

Elite60 said:

Can someone tell me why they have a weight limit for the horse archer?

The vice president (music teacher) seem to be worry about Wakana future thought and that's remind her of Wakana mother.
Sawa recovering in this episode, well I can guess they did well at the stage . :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 19, 2012 4:44 PM
Oct 2010
probably the same reason jockeys do.

great ep. anyone mention how hot sawas mom is? fuckin milf status
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 19, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2012
Nice episode! And it was so cute when they all sing for Sawa to cheer her up. Sawa's dad is sooo sweet too!
Aug 19, 2012 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
Very nice ep :)

Why the heck is Sawa riding a horse without a helmet though?!

Aug 19, 2012 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
Best episode so far?

Nice ep. My heart was touched when Sawa's father is fighting the horse archery school!

Seriously, Wien, too hilarous. His song and "If this isn't an emergency, what is?" I died loling.

I agree, Wakana is the MVP of this episode. Wakana ftw!
Aug 19, 2012 5:15 PM

Oct 2011
Wakana and Wien made this episode enjoyable for me. As for Sawa, I thought she was a bit annoying last week but this week she redeemed herself. Great show overall, I'm liking this way more than Hanasaku Iroha.

Aug 19, 2012 6:24 PM

May 2012
LOST LOVE!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 19, 2012 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
Lol Sawa's dad XD and how she takes her horse O_O
Aug 19, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2010
Wien and Wakana were awesome this episode. Wien continues to be the cool and nice dude. I think he just wanted to show everyone his house, lol
Aug 19, 2012 6:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"You're dealing with a monk here! I'll send you straight to hell! Bam!" - Seiichi Okita

Everyone was surprised to see the horse on the city streets and at the school. I wonder what the horse thought?
CratexAug 19, 2012 6:49 PM
Aug 19, 2012 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Shirubaasouru said:
LOST LOVE!
Aug 19, 2012 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
love it was a bit Drama heavy in the start wasn't ready for more after yesterday's kokoro connect lol but i lost it when she said Lost Love! and Wein's emergency plan just give this man his own arc already!
Aug 19, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2011
Going to watch now the subbed version . Didn't understand anything watching it raw lol
Aug 19, 2012 7:32 PM

Nov 2011
To Sawa:

Jackie Chan said:
When life knocks you down, you can choose to get back up.

Stark700Aug 19, 2012 7:39 PM
Aug 19, 2012 9:19 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode.Sawa's dad just made me smile like crazy.After all he's a father who loves his daughter :D
Wien is just too hilarious XD:
''Someday the light of hope will shine.WHY?! BECAUSE YOU'RE A HERO!'' - lmaoo
Pressing emergency button was great too xD.

5/5 one of best episodes, if not best.
Aug 19, 2012 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Blackbird said:

Elite60 said:

The vice president (music teacher) seem to be worry about Wakana future thought and that's remind her of Wakana mother.
Sawa recovering in this episode, well I can guess they did well at the stage . :D

There are a weigh and height limits for jockeys. Very strict ones(cause it could affect the speed on derby). And Sawa wants to be one. There are some for horse archers too but not so strict.
Nachtwandler_21Aug 19, 2012 9:32 PM
Aug 19, 2012 9:33 PM
May 2011
Blackbird said:

Elite60 said:

coz it's race horse jockey, the horse will run faster if the jockey is less heavy...
Aug 19, 2012 9:34 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect her recovery would be this fast.

Also, I didn't expect Wien's house to be that big! Unfortunately, the piano is not working.

And they will finally get to sing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 9:45 PM

Sep 2011
Finally get to sing, but the preview doesn't show any of it?
Aug 19, 2012 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
Probably the best episode yet. I actually got pretty emotional during the phone call.
Aug 19, 2012 10:15 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
with cheering moves? Looks like it and what are those things on the person’s head? Konatsu looks to be full of energy so I hope it means they win. That being said, another good episode and next episode COMPETITION TIME BABY! YEAH!

I'm pretty sure those are some sort of "power ranger" thing on Wien's head?
Yumekichi11 said:
BTW Custom Art for all in the spoiler
of Sawa and Konatsu! Really nice!

Nice, but a little bit too eechi for the series!

sikandsak said:
BTW, Wein's house is so epic and huge. The size of Piano's room is very large as well, so his parents must have been very rich before they moved away. Now I wonder why he had to moved back ...

He said that the house used to be his grandfather's, but his grandfather gave it to the company and his family is renting it because they had to move back to Japan suddenly. I don't know that they are necessarily that rich, but obviously his grandfather was, so they are probably well off. However, his parents do not own that house...

sikandsak said:
However, based on [Doki] subs, during the conversation between Sawa and Wakana, it seems like Wakana said that she would be happily drop the music if her mother is still alive, but now she can't because her mother isn't here anymore. I don't understand her intention on that. Am I missing something here?

She didn't say that she would gladly drop music if her mother was still alive, she said that she would gladly drop music if she could see her mother one more time. It is a fairly common sentiment when you have lost someone you love, to be willing to give up something important to you if you could only have more time with that person...
-MgZ_ said:
Best episode so far?

Nice ep. My heart was touched when Sawa's father is fighting the horse archery school!

Seriously, Wien, too hilarous. His song and "If this isn't an emergency, what is?" I died loling.

I agree, Wakana is the MVP of this episode. Wakana ftw!

Blackbird said:

Elite60 said:

Didn't we go through this last week! She doesn't want to become a professional horse archer! She wants to become a JOCKEY

I explained a lot of this in last weeks thread here.

But, to help clear things up more, remember this scene from the badminton tournament?

That was when Sawa told Taichi about her dream of becoming a jockey and racing horses professionally. Then there is this:

That isn't an archer on the envelope that she got that told her about the weight requirements!

So, for future episodes, can we please stop having questions about horse archery? (Sorry, but I just don't understand how people miss that she wants to be a jockey, not a horse archer. I doubt that there even is such a thing as professional horse archery!

Tyrel said:
Finally get to sing, but the preview doesn't show any of it?

I doubt that we will see that audition. They will save it for the performance.

Looks like next week we get to the Wien arc!
Aug 19, 2012 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
zensunni said:
sikandsak said:

He said that the house used to be his grandfather's, but his grandfather gave it to the company and his family is renting it because they had to move back to Japan suddenly. I don't know that they are necessarily that rich, but obviously his grandfather was, so they are probably well off. However, his parents do not own that house...
Whoops, you caught me on that. Yes, I can recalled now that they said they their parents didn't own the house. Still, I wonder (a) Why they move to Vienna (b) Why they had to move back so suddenly.

I guessed I'd have all of those answers in Wien's arc, but I just want to shout it out loud.

zensunni said:
sikandsak said:

She didn't say that she would gladly drop music if her mother was still alive, she said that she would gladly drop music if she could see her mother one more time. It is a fairly common sentiment when you have lost someone you love, to be willing to give up something important to you if you could only have more time with that person...
Wow, thanks for this explanation. Now I'm feeling like a douche, because when I read the script the first time, what you said is literally what she meant.

Doki said:
Sawa...
Yeah. I'm glad I could go back to music.
I made a promise to write a song with my mother.
I'm still connected to her through music.
But if I had the chance to see her one more time,
I'd happily give up music.
But I'll never have that chance.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 19, 2012 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
Sorry guys, I was planned not to posted any screengrab anymore to not annoy you guys, but I can't ... It just too damn good.

-----

Oh, since no one mention this yet:

LMAO at Wakana. Yeah, I guess you're worse at this than a cat. :P

However, your interruption plan by keep calling the vice principal's cell phone is too damn good, so I forgive you.

-----

Love how clueless they were regarding Sawa's problem, hahaha.

-----

*Poke Poke*

-----

Group photo.

-----

Random Konatsu shots - because she's still kawaii <3

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 20, 2012 1:18 AM

Mar 2011
Wien is so hilarious, that song >.<
Glad Sawa was able to overcome the problem and her father is sure not able to express his feeling
Wakana really grow in me more and more from each episode
Great episode
Aug 20, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
ah excellent XD Sawa is fine again :D
Now we can have a chill out episode with singing:D
Probably Konatsu's arc next time...I'm not so sure that they can cover all five of them in 13 episodes :/
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Aug 20, 2012 1:54 AM

May 2010
Wakana with that stall tech haha, Sawa finally snap out of it about time and yup parents do care. Ride like the wind Bulleye!!!
Aug 20, 2012 2:28 AM
Oct 2010
The horse tethered beside the bikes really killed me XD

... Seems like the guys are really just support instead of MCs by themselves, I can't see them getting an arc for themselves.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 20, 2012 2:41 AM

May 2012
Man that bit with her dad calling the school up got to me, couldn't help but let out a few tears
Aug 20, 2012 3:42 AM
May 2009
tears. again. that is all.
Aug 20, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2010
Another epic episode.... Wakana is awesome in this episode....

Glad to see Sawa recovered.
Aug 20, 2012 3:43 AM
Jul 2009
RinM said:
Probably Konatsu's arc next time...I'm not so sure that they can cover all five of them in 13 episodes :/

Konatsu's arc were the first 3 episodes though. I don't think she needs more individual development now. She doesn't seem to have any personal problems either.

I think now is time for the boys to get some attention. There's already some foreshadowing regarding Wien, for instance. The next few episodes will probably focus on him.

The final episodes will probably have the whole choir club singing Wakana's song, which will be the central piece for the climax of the series.
Aug 20, 2012 4:24 AM

Jan 2011
Why are there male characters in this show at all? Cose they need male voices for the singing? Im starting to really hate how even random girls boss them around and how they never hold the initiative. Score down to 7/10. Sadly this anime is turning to a soup opera, literally :(
AlexGKAug 20, 2012 4:28 AM
Aug 20, 2012 4:59 AM

Jul 2011
Damn right!

Show that evil vice-pres what you can really do <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 20, 2012 5:00 AM

Feb 2012
Come on, why didn't they show us the the audition?!

There were some funny moments (especially at the end with Wien and Konatsu), a whole lot of drama that I liked, the vice prinicpal is still a bitch and looks like Wiens gets finally some development.
Aug 20, 2012 5:04 AM
Dec 2008
Indeed, the male cast continues to get shafted. It's like they don't know what to do with them. Remove them from the show and things is still pretty much the same, plot wise. Why bother making them main characters when you're just gonna keep them on the side-lines?

I really hope this build up on Wien will lead to something.
Aug 20, 2012 6:35 AM

Dec 2009
They should've had the audition instead of the ending <_<''

It seems Wien might get some time in the spotlight next episode, luckily.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 20, 2012 6:59 AM
Aug 2011
Some nice lines in this one.

If we had 100 people in the choir, that'd be like losing 20 of them.

If this isn't an emergency, what is.

Bitch please. Don't mess with me. I'll cast you into the fires of hell. (Couldn't resist the "Bitch please")

5/5 - But! Where's my weekly Sawa fanservice?
Aug 20, 2012 9:11 AM

May 2011
The guys are hilarious. Singing scales in the background while all the drama is going down. Nice arc so far.
Aug 20, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2011
Nice episode. Good to know that sawas dad is caring for his daughter.
Wakana calling out the vice-principal was hilarious :D
Aug 20, 2012 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
Someone ridding a horse down the street isn't something you see everyday and it was pretty interesting seeing the reactions of everyone that saw it.
I wonder how the rest of the group would react when the learn that Sawa came racing on her horse.
Guess she cares for her friends allot.

Guess the vice principal had a mother like daughter moment when Wakana told her idea about music to her she even had a flashback.
Wakana is allot like her mother after all and in a way it does seem like she gets special treatment from the vice principal because of that.
And it seemed like Wakana's mother and the vice principal had a good relationship with each other.
Aug 20, 2012 10:32 AM
Feb 2009
Sawa <3 My love for her grows more and more~
I got tears on my eyes when I watch Sawa's father calling the school and everyone sang for her.
Well, in reality, sometimes we are forced to give up on my dream, but if we keep on going, who knows that we'll get it someday, right? :'D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

124 by Allycattt »»
Feb 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

115 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.