Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2010 9:09 PM
Sep 2009
they kissed! ;) (Y)
Jun 22, 2010 1:31 PM
Jun 2010
I thought this episode was ok, but a bit random at the end with them both crying, and then randomly kissing with no buildup, kinda ruined it a bit, but meh.

My tier would be

Mia > Nayuki > Sayuri > Makoto > Shiori > Ayu

Meh bleh
Aug 20, 2010 8:14 PM
Jul 2010
I hate how you guys (*glares at kei-clone, etc.*) keep spoiling the Kanon (2002) differences all the time. I'm actually considering watching that one after this one...

Could you please make comparisons to the original in separate threads or at least clearly marked with spoiler tags? Thank you.
Sep 19, 2010 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Dec 2, 2010 4:38 AM

Nov 2010
OtherGuyX said:
I thought this episode was ok, but a bit random at the end with them both crying, and then randomly kissing with no buildup, kinda ruined it a bit, but meh.

IMO, this whole series was a build up for this???
Mar 13, 2011 12:36 PM

Sep 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...well the canon pairing has begun. Did not like the kiss...it was so random. He should end up with either shiori or nayuki, thats why i prefer amagami ss lol.
May 17, 2011 3:13 PM

Nov 2009
THEY KISSED?! awesome! haha that was random... i hope they remember more... i wonder what Ayu is! and why wont Nayuki tell him? oh yeah and she did really well at the meet! anyway good epi
Aug 17, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2011
I really love Ayu with Yuuchi.

Ayu>Makoto>Mai(she's awesome)>Shiori>Nayuki
I really think that Nayuki is nice, just boring. Plus EW INCEST. That's just wrong.
If Yuuchi ends up with Nayuki I will immediately downgrade this anime to a 9 instead of a 10. That's how much he really doesn't fit with her.
Sep 27, 2011 6:08 AM

May 2010
Not much of a Yuuichi x Ayu shipper, I'm a Yuuichi x Nayuki fan personally. Ayu acts and looks like a grade school girl. Congrats to Nayuki for winning her track team race. Yuuichi is also quite dense in not realizing the guy Nayuki was referring to was him. Also, just because Nayuki is in love with her cousin shouldn't be a reason to label her in a negative way, she couldn't help falling in love with him.

My tier

Nayuki=Mai>Akiko>Sayuri>Makoto>Ayu>Shiori
kanon-chanSep 27, 2011 8:18 AM
Nov 24, 2011 2:33 PM

Jul 2011
Faust721 said:

My tier...
Sayuri > Mai and Ayu and Shiori > Makoto and Nayuki > everyone else

I can't choose between Mai / Nayuki / Ayu / Shiori so I wont! mmmmmh.

Anyways nice episode, still confused about some lines / parts.

Nayuki loves Yuuichi in a romantic way even though they are family?
Yuuichi fell for Ayu and Ayu fell for Yuuichi and now they kiss after 7 years?

And Shiori ain't dead, hooray!

I'll just keep watching this and find out!
Nov 24, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
blackblue40 said:
Faust721 said:

My tier...
Sayuri > Mai and Ayu and Shiori > Makoto and Nayuki > everyone else

I can't choose between Mai / Nayuki / Ayu / Shiori so I wont! mmmmmh.

Anyways nice episode, still confused about some lines / parts.

Nayuki loves Yuuichi in a romantic way even though they are family?
Yuuichi fell for Ayu and Ayu fell for Yuuichi and now they kiss after 7 years?

And Shiori ain't dead, hooray!

I'll just keep watching this and find out!
wait this is the episode where ayu and yuichi kiss.......oh god some really depressing stuff happens in the next few episodes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2011 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
YES! I liked Ayu (Shiori comes second) the most of all, and now they kissed? O-M-F-G... SO UNEXPECTED! I usually dont bother to comment on anime episodes so this is obviously my favorite episode so far. I hope nothing to happen in the end and Ayu and Yuuichi to be together. *__*
Jan 19, 2012 5:04 AM

Dec 2011
finally a kiss!
Yuuichi > makoto and mai > the others girls
Feb 12, 2012 2:31 PM
Nov 2011
The kiss was a bit akward, but understandable. I feel for Nayuki, I do think as cousins they can still carry a torch for each other, just no ta romantic one IMO. Ayu's grown on me but I'm still a Mei Fan I think I liked Mei > Shiori > Sekuri > Ayu > Mikoto before this episode, but Ayu just moved up a slot for me.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 16, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was pretty nice. The kiss did come out of the blue a little, I think. Still, it was done rather well.

It looks as though Ayu fell from the tree. That's what I got from that set of flashbacks at least.
Feb 22, 2012 4:34 AM

Dec 2011
Well, who cried in this episode? I cried during the conversation about losing someone importing right infront of you, when I saw the images of Makoto, Mai, and Shiori...

Ayu<Nayuki<Mai<Makoto<Shiori For me :D
uhh...
Mar 1, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2011
:/ Was hoping that Nayuki would get stuffed. Seems this pussy warts don't like to show real action.
Mar 25, 2012 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
What?! They kissed?!
May 3, 2012 11:36 PM

Feb 2011
Faust721 said:

My tier...
Sayuri > Mai and Shiori>Nayuki> Makoto > =everyone else

This guy knows what he is talking about. Sayuri obviously being the best girl. Except Ayu, she is at the lower end of my spectrum. She went down at an exponential rate because of this episode. I didn't like it at all. I didn't feel there was much development between the two (or I just didn't notice) and Nayuki being sad like that made me mad as hell. When they kissed I "wut" like a motherfucker. Pretty sure Nayuki had more screen time too (or I didn't notice), and sometimes Ayu didn't appear at all in some episodes.

At least Clannad had Nagisa constantly intereacting/developing with Tomoya. I don't care if they met 7 years ago, for the first time in my life I wouldn't have minded if this were a harem endin- wait what the fuck, of course I would mind.

Sayuri kurata is best, no doubt
May 30, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
Yuuichi: "Can I get you anything for winning the marathon?"

Nayuki: "Oh...not much...just YOUR PENIS >:D"

But really. Obvious implications on Nayuki's behalf were obvious. It's starting to get more interesting now though. Transition into the kiss was kind of awkward, but it was still sort of surprising. Good episode overall.

My armpits smell atrocious right now.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jul 3, 2012 2:38 AM

Nov 2011
Well that kiss came out of nowhere...
The focus on the teardrop and then the pan out was really neat though.
AzureBluesJul 3, 2012 4:47 PM
Aug 10, 2012 12:00 PM
May 2012
So Nayuki liked Yuuichi?AYU and him kissed?
Quite alot for one episode

Aug 13, 2012 7:35 AM

May 2012
The marathon was really something nice to the story here you see Nayuki's true strength! The dinner afterwards was also quite funny where she was talking about Yuuichi and he didn't noticed she was talking about him! The red marble that Yuuichi gifted was something nice, perhaps it comes back later on or so it wasn't shown in the 2002 Version!

The rest with Ayu having a lil back story about their days 7 years ago was also quite nice though I directly began to cry when I saw the big three!

Where instead of having Nayuki coming back from the marathon with train where she sees Ayu and Yuuichi kissing here it seems she didn't or might she have, let's find out in the next episode!
Aug 17, 2012 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
I knew the Loli had the upper hand! I KNEW IT~!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 8, 2012 10:55 PM

Nov 2009
I do like the fact that the main heroine is now undoubtedly Ayu however that kiss scene came out of nowhere... I guess its more realistic however you would think their would be more buildup in an anime like this. Also I'm gonna guess that the precious item Ayu lost was the angel... that would make sense since it would seem to be one of those items someone would treasure.
Nov 7, 2012 8:16 AM

Sep 2011

Though it really was a bit rushed, a little more build up would have been welcome.
Still, I've waited for this moment all this time, so all I'm gonna say is FUCK YES!

I'm gonna join the tier listings:
Ayu > Nayuki > Sayuri > Mai > Shiori > Makoto
I'm sorry, but I'm also not a fan of Makoto. She was fine until her arc came.

So now comes the depressing stuff right. I really don't think I'm prepaired :(
I hope we won't lose either of the girls :(
Dec 19, 2012 5:12 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Boinggggggg Love the end :333 5/5 Finally the best for last. I like Ayu :P
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 19, 2012 5:13 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
DaruniaM said:
YES! I liked Ayu (Shiori comes second) the most of all, and now they kissed? O-M-F-G... SO UNEXPECTED! I usually dont bother to comment on anime episodes so this is obviously my favorite episode so far. I hope nothing to happen in the end and Ayu and Yuuichi to be together. *__*
This^
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 23, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2013
For those of you complaining about Nayuki being in love with Yuichi, you have to remember that this originated in Japan, where it's legal for first cousins to have a relationship. Besides that, there are a lot of anime where this takes place; not just in Kanon. Granted, it's not legal in America, which is where I'm from as well, so I can understand why people are confused by this.

Now onto the other thing. Was Yuichi's kiss with Ayu rushed? In my opinion, maybe a little bit, but Ayu is the main heroine of Kanon, so don't tell me that you didn't see this coming.

And since everyone else is doing this, here's my arc...

Ayu>Shiori>Makoto>Nayuki>Mai (No clue why some of you are putting Sayuri in here. She's not even one of the main female roles.)
Jun 18, 2013 6:14 PM

May 2013
Thank god I was beginning to worry Yuuichi was only becoming the master of bating and the king of the friend zone with his only actually romantic interest being a forest creature o.O?!
Jun 23, 2013 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
Because everyone is doing it, and I don't have the constitution to keep myself from moving on to the next episode

Mai>Mai>Mai>Mai>Mai>Shiori>Shiori>Shiori>Nayuki.....were there other people in this anime?

I was totally caught off guard by the kiss, maybe I am hoping Yuuichi ends up with someone else too much.... (It was kinda sweet though, and better than ending up with his cousin I guess)
Aug 2, 2013 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, and holy crap, they kissed?! :D lol
Dec 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
I can't believe they kissed, I was expecting it to happen in the end, now I'm wondering what will happen next. I'm sure Ayu's is a ghost or something!!
Jan 7, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, Yuuichi failed to maintain two promises xD
The one were he had to remember her and that he had to come back the next year :P

Ok, a few thing I figured out. I'm pretty much sure of what happened in that dream of Ayu. We saw Ayu climb on that tree, but I remember that she said that she was afraid of height. If you make 1+2, it's pretty obvious what heppened, she falled of the tree. She hurt herself pretty badly but somehow survided. The thing that I don't understand is what is that thing she's looking for and why lie to Yuuichi about her school and her family. Do she have some kind of ''contract'' like Makoto where she will disappear or something like this? Ehhh, I hope not.

About the episode, it was great, cleared up a lot of thing. First, about Nayuki love, I think it's obvious that it's Yuuichi. The way she described the guy was exactly what we saw out of him since the beginning. Also, when she said that he forgot about her, she maybe meant that forgot the time he passed with her at that moment. The fact that we saw Hitagaki so often in the last preview maybe mean that he secretly love her.

About Ayu, I think the situation now is clear. The kiss was really cute :3
I like when show aren't scared to show kiss, it's like the most normal thing in a love relationship. I heard that it's because of the japanese culture, but still... But now I'm fucking scared, that kind of thing always happen at the end of an anime or something like this. What twisted fate the writer have prepared for her? :S
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 12, 2014 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
The kiss between Yuuichi and Ayu was kinda unexpected, it's really nice to see the two of them together , that final scene was definitely tear-jerking anyway prior to that..

Did Naiyuki have feelings for Yuuichi?
Was she really referring to him when they were talking?
count_demonicus6Apr 12, 2014 9:36 AM
Apr 20, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
this is much like clannad really, but really a lot worse... it makes sense, giving that clannad came after so it was kinda kanon 2.0 (or 3.0, wtv)
i just wish this show had more comedy, because i think they got the drama part all wrong imo, i just don't buy the past thing like... was he with every girl in that town 7 years ago?
Jul 2, 2014 7:06 PM

Oct 2013
kei-clone said:
Arite a number of thoughts on this episode:

yay, at least KyoAni this time makes Nayuki's inevitable loss much more bearable. Toei made it so horrible last time, to have her still love Yuuichi AND witness Ayu and Yuuichi's first kiss.

o_o
That... sounds a lot better than how it happened here.

Anyway, I guess it's pretty clear who Yuuichi ends up with at this point. I like Ayu pretty well, and I assume I'll like her more as her arc continues, but... I dunno. I would've picked any of the girls from the three previous arcs ahead of her for a relationship, at the moment.

Also, the lack of love for Makoto in this thread upsets me. None of the arcs were as tragic as hers. Mai's was ultimately a happy ending, Jun said Shiori's condition is stabilizing (I suppose we've yet to see how that ends, though), so Makoto's is the only one truly tragic.

Makoto > Mai > Shiori > Sayuri > Ayu > Nayuki

I do still like Nayuki, in fact. Just seems like she was kind of sidelined through pretty much the entire series, not given any room for development, etc. But Kanon has a great female cast.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 25, 2014 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
itainteazy said:
Booo!!

Makoto>Ayu>Mai>Shiori>forget everyone else

Why doesn't anyone like Makoto??

I totally agree bro... Your rank is so well maded
Dec 29, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
The Kiss~!!! you gotta love The Kiss!!! i love it!
I also enjoyed the sporty nayuki!! i loved everything on this episode
Dec 30, 2014 10:04 PM

May 2011
I guess it is time for the very end, the final conclusion. Watching the 2002 version before this really enhances my experience with this KyoAni version. The kiss was a lot greater than the original one in my opinion, in the sense that they were actually talking about something extremely sorrowful and melancholic, making the kiss feel like a warm, comforting aura behind it. It is also getting apparent that Yuuichi is slowly remembering his past with Ayu, the past he (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KANON)

I am really anticipating what KyoAni can do to bring out the giant tree event, which I believe was only decent in Toei's version and was highly abrupt. Despite its abruptness, it was still highly emotional for me; I think KyoAni can only make it even better and I seriously feel that I can bawl in this version. The red hairband...I guess it was mentioned, but not symbolic as compared to 2002.
5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 30, 2014 10:10 PM

May 2011
Zadion said:
kei-clone said:
Arite a number of thoughts on this episode:

yay, at least KyoAni this time makes Nayuki's inevitable loss much more bearable. Toei made it so horrible last time, to have her still love Yuuichi AND witness Ayu and Yuuichi's first kiss.

o_o
That... sounds a lot better than how it happened here.

Sigh...I can't believe kei-clone made a huge spoiler without concealing it. In fact, I believe that Toei, by doing this, actually made the scene even better than KyoAni in this situation, and the part which Nayuki kicked the snow rabbit was really, really significant for me. Toei managed to effectively emphasise the love triangle and the unrequited love in that scenario, unlike KyoAni. Hence I would disagree with kei-clone as horrible - it is in fact, better IMO. Although one have to admit that the 2002 version was plague with plotholes and severe lack of characterisation/development. Watch the 2002 if possible, even though it is slightly disappointing that you chose this version first. In no way is the 2002 version horrible.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 16, 2016 3:59 PM
Dec 2014
Feel nothing for the romance between ay and yuuichi, arc romances are bad theres no development i mean yuuichi got married like 10 episodes ago
Jun 29, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
^
OH HELL NO
WHAT HAPPENED TO SHIORI AND EVERY OTHER GIRL U TWO-TIMING SCUM
I love it when people in relationships don't look the same age and when incest is hinted at :)
Why did this happen I'm so mad plz delete it from my memories
RIP Kanon, a beautiful 18 episode show
Jul 19, 2016 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
Mai > Shiori > Sayuri > Nayuki > Ayu > Makoto

i think yuichi would suit being with older girl such as mai or sayuri, but i also wouldnt mind shiori since shes got a mature and feminine character
Jan 29, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
So they kissed, I'm sure some people in the streets were doubting the age of Ayu considering she looks like a 12year old.
So apparently Shiori is doing fine according to Kitagawa, I know she wouldn't die or at least not in the previous episode.
Apr 9, 2017 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
Hmm... so Shiori arc ended? What about Kaori? I was thinking that the real person he should help is Kaori and not Shiori, as Kaori will need to live on the guilt of ignoring her sister and that "she's my sister" single sentence doesn't feel like it is enough to solve this.

Kaori had been ignoring the hardship that Mai was talking about not Shiori, Shiori fought all to the end...

about this episode... I liked the first part with the marathon and maybe the memories with Ayu, but dating with that small kid.. and a kiss? I was like:
"oh they kissed, yeah whatever"

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 28, 2018 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
What the eff. That kiss came out of no where...
They never had any romantic teasing before and Yuuichi said he does not remember, so why did he kiss her? He had more chemistry with Shiori and Mai.
That kiss made no sense. I feel like this show is going downhill now

Oct 12, 2019 8:20 PM
Jan 2017
My tiers
Shiori > Mai and Ayu > Nayuki and Sayuri > Shitty Fox
Dec 28, 2019 6:47 PM

Apr 2019
Ayu's surprise kiss ...
Apr 3, 2020 8:11 PM

Mar 2018
Totally unexpected kiss.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.