Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2009
Hagane_no_neko said:
Spacebar said:
cspi said:
Good episode , better than the filler about Wanko. The next ep sure will be serious (so think i LOL)

Next episode wont be serious.....its another filler....about Mero .....

Whaaaaaaaat!!!!! And here I had my hopes up for nothing...

Mero is a far more interesting character than Wanko, though. Plus, if they actually take this from Mero's chapter, than it's not really a filler, just that it comes too soon in the anime. Then again, they could probably insert it at any time, so I assume that's why they're doing it now. Plus, Mero could use the exposure, as we know very little of her right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2012 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
Ah ah ah the scene with Rea pwning everyone was so funny xD

Anyway someone know the name of the song in the begining of this episode please ?
May 29, 2012 4:59 PM

Jan 2012
AO968 said:
Hagane_no_neko said:
Spacebar said:
cspi said:
Good episode , better than the filler about Wanko. The next ep sure will be serious (so think i LOL)

Next episode wont be serious.....its another filler....about Mero .....

Whaaaaaaaat!!!!! And here I had my hopes up for nothing...

Mero is a far more interesting character than Wanko, though. Plus, if they actually take this from Mero's chapter, than it's not really a filler, just that it comes too soon in the anime. Then again, they could probably insert it at any time, so I assume that's why they're doing it now. Plus, Mero could use the exposure, as we know very little of her right now.

One does not insert a random detail life about a side character when the story is in a real intense mode .
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 29, 2012 6:11 PM

May 2011
The two of them shopping together was cute to watch and Rea was being so moe. Wow she owned those guys like nothing, haha that was pretty funny. Oh shit wonder what the creepy hentai dad is going to do with Chihiro.

Chihiro's friend is really annoying. I hate him nearly as much as that pedo guy.
May 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
He's a comedy relief , don't hate him at all . He's annoying but I won't use the word ''hate''
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 30, 2012 10:28 PM

Jan 2012
That scene with Rea and the bench was awesome.
Furuya <3

I can't wait for the next episode but it seems to focus more on his sister, and not that i don't like his sister but I won't more Rea and Furuya.
May 31, 2012 9:46 AM

Nov 2009
I'm glad they dropped the weird zombie acts resulting in those uncomfortable things. I still don't like them using Ranko as a fanservice material though. Watching beautiful Rea shopping with Chihiro was nice, especially their interaction. I was sure that those kidnappers were going to face an obstacle but Yasutaka was a refreshing surprise. Too bad that they took Chihiro in the end.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 2, 2012 5:04 AM

Apr 2009
dchoy said:
glitchhunter said:
Vikopaulum said:
glitchhunter said:
Eh. Does anyone know if this anime is going to get serious? If not, I'm gonna drop it.

Only reason I'm still watching is because of a particular scene in the manga. Besides that, I found this episode really boring. Cihiro's friend is just some kind of freaking jerk/perv, and I must say that Rea's screaming voice was quite annoying.
And shameless bathing fanservice was never really my thing if not for some kind of purpose. I just hope that scene I'm waiting for comes quickly, though it'll be at least another five episodes...

Thanks for the info, I'll drop it then :)

The manga gets pretty serious. Obviously we won't get too far into the manga since there are only 13 episodes this season. Hopefully Sankarea gets picked up for a second season down the road. A very interesting event will happen between Furuya and Rea's dad in episode 10 obviously. That only leaves about 3 episodes after. I assume the anime will probably introduce Darin or something along those lines.

I mean I see why you might want to drop it because if you haven't read the manga the pacing is a bit hard to follow. For someone who has read the manga everything makes sense and I enjoy seeing everything animated. Keep in mind though that each of the episodes has been pretty faithful to the manga except for episodes like Ranko's back story, Mero's back story, and some facts revolving around Rea's background. These are welcomed additions for me because it adds character depth. Also, the manga is labeled as ecchi, romance, drama, and comedy so it makes sense that you should see the same themes in the anime. Episodes like Furuya and Rea shopping are crucial to build the relationship between the two. People are under the assumption that Furuya only likes Rea because she's a zombie; this isn't actually true.

The reason why I love both the manga and the anime so much is because it's interesting observing how Furuya is going to approach the whole zombie situation. Later on in the manga Furuyu has to deal with things like the "hunger phase" which makes the relationship between Furuya and Rea much more complicated. Take it from a pretty big Sankarea fan that yes the situation gets much more serious. Also if you are already 8 episodes in, you should just finish it because I am sure episode 10 will be a lot more serious and I am sure the show will end on a high note. Hopefully it won't end on too much of a cliffhanger. It is like the 4th most popular anime out of the Spring lineup though.

Exactly, the manga has this scene in which Rea enters that "hunger phase". I didn't really want to talk about that because I didn't want to spoil stuff, but there was one particular moment of that I wanted to see before dropping this, because I also feel like the manga isn't going anywhere. It had some potential, but it was wasted in my opinion.

Jun 2, 2012 3:41 PM

Sep 2010
But we still don't know what happened after the end of the 6th episode. >_>
Jun 4, 2012 9:14 AM

Mar 2011
I'm worried for Chihiro.
Jun 26, 2012 3:32 AM

Jun 2007
You almost got to laugh when Rea is swinging around the concrete/stone bench.

Yasutaka is a useless fool as advertised.

The confrontation with the obsessed father begins...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jul 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Jan 2012
was a tad disappointed that all we got is a shopping trip, I mean yeah Rea with the bench was pretty brutal and also amusing just totally owning the kidnappers but apart from that, it was just pure fan service, not that I don't mind it but usually it still focuses more on the plot and story, here there was nothing....
Jul 3, 2012 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
"save me!" xD
Jul 5, 2012 10:49 AM

Jan 2010
...poor Furuya =/
Nov 14, 2012 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
Chihiro's friend is one annoying bastard, and Chihiro is one smart guy as well. Why the fuck would you approach someone that just tried to kidnap your girl?
Dec 26, 2012 2:42 PM

May 2012
Was actually quite a soft episode, although quite nice to see a zombie do some normal stuff although the ending was quite fucked but funny with the bench... I wonder what that pedo will do with Furuya.
Apr 17, 2013 1:25 PM

Apr 2012
"Thanks for rescuing me"...That was pretty funny...

Psycho dad must have some nasty stuff planned for them.
Oct 26, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
What the hell is with his forehead? It's so weird.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 11, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Father's moustache is the thing that annoys me the most about his character, which makes me feel weird since he is abusing his daughter........

Yasutaka is the real saviour here, even though I don't really understand why he reallllly had to take Rea outside at that time.

Also, the abductors, they just plan to get away when they kidnap someone in broad daylight? I thought the show was a bit more sensible when they attempt to deal with the practical problem of Rea's body rotting, and then turn a blind eye to a public kidnapping.

Might be getting a free neko today :D
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 16, 2014 11:11 PM

Feb 2014
Yasutaka turned from just a harmless pervert to an annoying pain in the ass.
Dec 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
I'm confused. It all trurned into comedy?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 15, 2015 12:36 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Chihiro and his camera were beginning to border on Rea's pedo dad and his fixation. Time to mellow out on that a bit.
Jun 17, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
Rea's dad makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 15, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Oh god, don't tell me the drama's starting now. This was a good show so far, please just continue like this and don't end this with some cliche drama scenes :/
Oct 20, 2015 11:58 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was so dumb, there were so many things they could've done to avoid this but that's anime I guess.
Jan 22, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2010
tsubasalover said:
Ghost girl can enjoy time with the family now without hiding!! While filming!! Seeing the ghost cat getting what it ate out, he wants to see her get something out!

I wonder why you call them ghosts, since they aren't.

But the episode was great. Lot of action and Rea was great with the bench. :D
Yasutaka is more than pathetic, he should hurry up and die. And so should Renka.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2016 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
That was a good episode.
May 1, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
Prepare your testicles to be removed Furuya-san.
May 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
Hope he keep his balls..............
May 28, 2016 4:02 AM
Feb 2016
this episode frustates me. rea is just so dumb as fuck!! what the hell u just let that fucking yasutaka drag you around?! and u totally didnt notice that ur so strong and u can fight those bastard and save furuya?! she let that fucking asshole grab her feet!!! fuck!
Apr 2, 2017 8:22 AM
Jun 2016
Imagine how creepy it would be if it zoomed away from the dad and he was practicing fencing one of those dummies but with Furuya's face on it

One of the stores in the background of the shopping mall was legit called "hydrangea"

How can she blush if her blood doesn't circulate

Anyways, please don't castrate Furuya
Dec 11, 2018 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
Chihiro should tell Rea's father all the conditions to keep her from decomposing/becoming mindless that he's busting his ass to provide. Wonder if he'd still want her then.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 13, 2020 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
No need to worry about Rea I guess xD

But shit, now I wonder if Sanka-san will make his threat/order come true.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2020 6:00 AM

Jun 2020
the fanservice is getting annoyingly extra, i'm sorry but i don't really care for wanko :(

chihiro and rea going shopping is so cute! LOL @ him getting abducted instead

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 20, 2021 11:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rea's father and his minions are so annoying, it's frustrating
Oct 20, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2019
Interesting turn of events, but damn Yasutaka is so annoying, I want to punch him. I expected them to easily take Rea away but then she would become "unconscious" again since she's hungry and wasn't able to eat a leaf but I still expect that to be a part of the next episode.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2021 11:01 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder how they're gonna abduct Rea, since she should be stronger than everyone else.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 6, 2022 1:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Put the f*cking camcorder down Chihiro, holy sh*t

And it looks like they'll be pursuing the love-triangle full throttle. Sh*t. Perhaps they'll keep it mostly separate and just show the occasional scene of Ranko thirsting after Chihiro and not have any drama beyond that. That would be fine I guess.

Also what is this dumb sh*t? Chihiro likes "zombies and horror", but can't handle a haunted house (horror), because it's "different". The fuck?

At least we do get some noteworthy development this episode in that we have not Rea getting kidnapped, but Chihiro instead, who will now be going face to face with Rea's dad. This confrontation about to be dark knight joker level intense. Although from the looks of the preview, it seems like we're going to be pumping the brakes again and instead focus on another character for the time being. That character being Mero. And I don't mind it at all, I actually wanted to see more of her as I deadass think that low-key she's the best character in the whole show.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 16, 2023 5:31 AM

Mar 2014
MusashiRose said:

I have to say this show has gone downhill for me. I can mostly put up with ecchi and lolishit, but it's hard when the show started so edgy with it's "occult" vibe and the dark past of Rea. I was expecting the overall feel of the beginning to continue...

I'm not going to drop it (yet) because I'm invested in the characters. The "tit-licking" shit a few eps ago put me over the EDGE (This is a fucking zombie anime....right?), and it's been going downhill since. We shall see...

(i know i’m quoting something from 2012 don’t mind me lmao) Ugh yess this is exactly how i feel!! I thought episode 1 and 2 were really well done and i was invested, but episode 3 and beyond i started to like it less and less..at times i even felt bored. Pretty disappointing because i feel like it had a lot of great potential.
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Jun 22, 2023 5:28 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Jul 1, 2023 3:46 AM
May 2023
yayyyy mc diculik tamat!!!!!
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Dec 2022
I'm not sure why Chihiro is afraid of haunted houses. Someone accustomed to zombies and horror movies wouldn't cower at the sight of a bunch of animatronic props in a lively public environment, surely.

Rea owning the attempted kidnappers was very funny. I doubt they expected her to be ripping benches out of the ground and swinging them around like they're weightless. This anime definitely plays with the concept of hysterical strength.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.