Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion


#1
Apr 19, 2012 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another amazing episode. One of the most amazing parts is the following,

along with how they showed Rea in the spoiler
in regards to her father. The rape was shown totally gloriously fine. I am surprised by it. It was shocking and RAGING to see such a visual violation of the father. Most impressive DEEN! You mind surprise me to say the least.

About the beginning, it was nice to see Rea on the bike and thinking back to it. I did like Rea’s face here and of course her face blushing here. That is until shit got serious and so was the job with her serious facet here but lovely face of Rea again.

About Ranko’s fan service, I put some stuff of it on my BLOG (NSFW):

Mainly loads of panties shots. And why not, after all Ranko is a virgin so it makes it nice to stare at her there.

About Chihiro’s family, they made the grandpa in the spoiler
instant win! Mero is looking good here. And here light splendor here. The more of her splendor the better.

About Rea’s confrontation with her father in the mountains, it was well done and the best part is in the spoiler
father trying to grasp Rea’s hand and she rejects with pure Holy light was a nice setup. It was obvious that Rea was well shown depressed here. Chihiro was pretty shocked here. However Rea’s father here had such a douche bag face along with his assistant here. Obviously Rea was surprised that he would catch up. I do think that Rea’s exhaustion in the spoiler
was shown rather well. Much more than the manga.
I liked the setting with Chihiro and the hydrangeas here. It shows the final place of death of Rea. Oh that RAGE at the father in the spoiler
right after he took that picture of Rea, he glances at it with that face.

About Rea’s confrontation with her father take 2, well I wanted to mention in the spoiler
that the father in reacting to the cat proves some point and that Rea’s blushing wee good there. It is to mention it was a good part done well again from the other part already mentioned of this.

About Rea at school, Loved seeing Rea’s blushed face in the spoiler
and this guy was hilarious.

About Rea’s death,REA! Rea………OMG in the following,

Holy shit! That body in the spoiler
………………………………………………………..that blood in the spoiler
GOSH it’s so win and done well yet shocking as ever. Seeing the father shocked here was a relief in his reactions. Too bad for him.

So in thee end her fall in the spoiler
along with her death there, the blood, the BGM and Babu’s reaction. All perfect IMO. No flaws. Here is the Manga version in the spoiler
not really much censored
and on the contrary they added more shit in the episode with blood and guts./ Most likely uncensored à la Blood-C style on the DVD.

About the preview, OH SHIT! Chihiro x Rea here since she is a zombie now. That Rea smile as a zombie will be good to see. Oh shit! Mero will be doing operations on Rea? Sound nice to see. My favorite is in the spoiler
Rea will be seen naked and while being zombie. Don’t you find her attractive? For skin of a Zombie? I ROFL so bad at the father in the spoiler
POOR FUCKER! LOST HIS DAUGHTER! Serves him right with that face. Nice setup of Rea with the hydrangeas here.

Sadly I am still shocked and in tears of how they handles Rea's suicide. The BGM totally broke me down as in it was dead silence, rather good choice despite being kind of dead, which is what was coming up anyway. Might edit later. Rea OMG!

BTW GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=430147
Pretty much what I got time for.

Image Stitches done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/04/sankarea-episode-3-discussion.html
Some of Rea.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 26, 2012 11:11 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#2
Apr 19, 2012 10:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 460
Fucking censoring.

Yumekichi11 said:
Sadly I am still shocked and in tears of how they handles Rea's suicide. The BGM totally broke me down.

Suicide?
 
#3
Apr 19, 2012 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27698
I cannot believe what her father is going to do with Furuya (first time learning the word...
) Father is sickly, but mother cares about her pride too much (probably more normal than father? She also has pressure over wanting to be look perfect that she drink and not wearing formal pants)

Wow, father is afraid of cat (that's one happy thing)!
Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 19, 2012 10:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#4
Apr 19, 2012 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5533
It wasn't rape...
 
#5
Apr 19, 2012 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27698
Onii said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Sadly I am still shocked and in tears of how they handles Rea's suicide. The BGM totally broke me down.

Suicide?
dfsafsaf said:
It wasn't rape...


It was an accident for the father wanting to save Sae from the black cat, and accidentally fell down the cliff (not suicide, unless that's how it is in the manga), and like dfsafsaf said at that "rape" part, it was just father punishing her for going out late at night.
Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 19, 2012 12:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#6
Apr 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Onii said:
Fucking censoring.

Yumekichi11 said:
Sadly I am still shocked and in tears of how they handles Rea's suicide. The BGM totally broke me down.

Suicide?
YES! Why else would she kill herself than out of her own will? I mean surely she could have done better in avoiding all this. I find her lack of efforts in terms of survival to be responsible of why I think like this.
tsubasalover said:
I cannot believe what her father is going to do with Furuya (first time learning the word...
) Father is sickly, but mother cares about her pride too much (probably more normal than father? She also has pressure over wanting to be look perfect that she drink and not wearing formal pants)
Yes the father is sick and does not want Rea to have any guy less he approves of him. That means he needs to be an inspiring image of him for him to accept him.
tsubasalover said:
Onii said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Sadly I am still shocked and in tears of how they handles Rea's suicide. The BGM totally broke me down.

Suicide?
dfsafsaf said:
It wasn't rape...


It was an accident for the father wanting to save Sae from the black cat, and accidentally fell down the cliff (not suicide, unless that's how it is in the manga), and like dfsafsaf said at that "rape" par, itt was just father punishing her for going out late at night.
You are wrong. It's suicide. It was perhaps not shown the way they do but Rea killed herself cause she was sick of the shit and after learning more of it, she SNAPPED! Did you not see how she was after the pic? During school? During the father confrontation in the mountain? Did you not think she killed herself in that situation?
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 19, 2012 6:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#7
Apr 19, 2012 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2134
So begins the moe zombie girl! The anime upped the gore compared to the manga although the broadcast was censored.
 
#8
Apr 19, 2012 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27698
@ Yumekichi11:

Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 19, 2012 12:20 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#9
Apr 19, 2012 12:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1328
Sankarea's death was so hard to watch ..(i wish her father die in more painly way than this)
Chihiro's dream to get Zombie Girl is fulfilled xD 5/5 one of the most intresting anime this season
Modified by aiueowave, Apr 19, 2012 12:18 PM
 
Apr 19, 2012 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 25427
With Rea dead and zombified by the accident, this series will get very good.

Her death wasn't hard to watch because I knew she'll come back to life despite being a gore fest.


 
Apr 19, 2012 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
tsubasalover said:
@ Yumekichi11:

I meant the suicide as in she gave up on life already and wanted to die as to be reborn as something else or someone else. That was clearly said by her last episode and that involves suicidal thoughts. The potion was just the beginning of an end to her mental state of suicide.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2675
dfsafsaf said:
It wasn't rape...


This, people should get clear about that; the father is a piece of crap no doubt; but no rape occurred; that scene was him punishing her for going out late; gotta say tho this has been a good adaption so far; true to the manga.
 
Apr 19, 2012 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 258
This episode was great. When Ranko stucked in the canal I thought I gonna die, so funny it was XD Scene of Rea's resurection was marvelously done. I'm going to rewatch this episode right now!
5/5
 
Apr 19, 2012 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114543


Is this the end of Rea? :O





Also, judging by the preview of the next episode, Rea Sanka might live @ Furuya's place? Oh my and that attempted kiss in the preview?

Inb4 love triangle, misunderstandings, and zombie kiss



Modified by Stark700, Apr 20, 2012 8:55 AM
 
Apr 19, 2012 2:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 930
Few things to note here:

Rea was never raped, her father is just extremely protective.


Whether or not she attempted suicide is not defined. In the manga it's generally believed that she fell off accidentally, though she was nonetheless not bothered by the fact that she could have/did die there.

There's still no valid source that cites the anime as a 13 episode series, but if that's the case and the current pace continues we should be finishing somewhere near the point that


Hopefully we get some closure, especially on the festival events and the hotel scene.
 
Apr 19, 2012 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1368
as promised, will you take responsability?
eh..ah... yes
congratulations! you got your zombie girldfriend and revived your cat! what a happy life!!
Hoppy said:
With Rea dead and zombified by the accident, this series will get very good.

Her death wasn't hard to watch because I knew she'll come back to life despite being a gore fest.
i know, but still, FREAKING AWSOME!!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
 
Apr 19, 2012 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
TO CLARIFY! I see where all got their thoughts from my rape means raping the naked body. the pic clearly shows that. Rape can mean also force prying yourself on someone's sexuality and it does not have to be physical to cause harm as one may see from Rea's mental state. Rea's father is essentially a voyeur rapist. One that forces constantly his looks at the nude. I don't see that sexuality but it does tend to lean on it when he does not allow her to be with another boy. Think of the Movie Scarface and how Tony was towards his sister.

Essentially mind rape if you want to see it that way "Rape = to a more vague meaning" and suicide as in suicidal of what the father did and the state of mind of Rea not to mention I am sure she was like that as soon as she saw Babu. In fact if you take in the spoiler
the last person she looked at was Chihiro.
DrRatekkusu said:
Few things to note here:

Rea was never raped, her father is just extremely protective.
The spoiler says the truth and I can confirm it as being the sole reasons he is FUCKED UP as people say. Still LAME excuse if you ask me.
DrRatekkusu said:
Whether or not she attempted suicide is not defined. In the manga it's generally believed that she fell off accidentally, though she was nonetheless not bothered by the fact that she could have/did die there.

It'c clearly outlined if not defined and clearly the outline is told by me. There is no denying that one there.
DrRatekkusu said:
There's still no valid source that cites the anime as a 13 episode series, but if that's the case and the current pace continues we should be finishing somewhere near the point that
I would think so too and that would be around the chapters of 12 and 13 or further? Regardless it would be good they stop there and introduce that new girl that is key to move the plot.
DrRatekkusu said:
Hopefully we get some closure, especially on the festival events and the hotel scene.
NO WAY! That would mean to include that girl. Not happening. OVA maybe.

That would be good cause it would transition into a S2. Furthermore they should MOVE THEIR ASSES in in this series business wise. Let's see.........Fall + Halloween + perfect time for horror would = to maximal profits. Might not happen but who knows.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 19, 2012 6:05 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 258
Yumekichi11 said:
NO WAY! That would mean to include that girl. Not happening. OVA maybe.

That would be good cause it would transition into a S2. Furthermore they should MOVE THEIR ASSES in in this series business wise. Let's see.........Fall + Halloween + perfect time for horror would = to maximal profits. Might not happen but who knows.


Yeah, but following chapters are shorter than first three. So plot would be progressing really slowly. And the events with Rea's father ends on chapter 9. What is more, anime was announced along with chapter 21, so exactly after events with festival. Possibility isn't small.
And I would love to see Darin (don't call her "that girl" please) in anime. Sexy Dr Frankenstein :D

p.s. OAV gonna be hot-spring-episode
 
Apr 19, 2012 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
CanisTomek said:
Yumekichi11 said:
NO WAY! That would mean to include that girl. Not happening. OVA maybe.

That would be good cause it would transition into a S2. Furthermore they should MOVE THEIR ASSES in in this series business wise. Let's see.........Fall + Halloween + perfect time for horror would = to maximal profits. Might not happen but who knows.


Yeah, but following chapters are shorter than first three. So plot would be progressing really slowly. And the events with Rea's father ends on chapter 9. What is more, anime was announced along with chapter 21, so exactly after events with festival. Possibility isn't small.
And I would love to see Darin (don't call her "that girl" please) in anime. Sexy Dr Frankenstein :D

p.s. OAV gonna be hot-spring-episode
I prefer be totally spoiler free. Yeah her and yeah maybe in the last episode. OP does not show her nor does ED so for that matter they are going to focus on all before she gets in the show.
Onii said:
Fucking censoring.
As response to is in the spoielr
we all are fools if you cannot guess that those are intestines there hanging out.

I even proved in in the spoiler
that thing that swings even censored. Uh hu right. I know what that is. So I guess we are getting the Blood-C treatment. I am also sorry if I sound vague towards the terms rape and suicide. They are not to be tough as the meaning in their concrete
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 19, 2012 6:11 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27698
InfiniteDestiny said:
dfsafsaf said:
It wasn't rape...


This, people should get clear about that; the father is a piece of crap no doubt; but no rape occurred; that scene was him punishing her for going out late; gotta say tho this has been a good adaption so far; true to the manga.

This. I did mention and agree that it wasn't rape.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Apr 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2714
So they had him say (remember) it in the beginning of this episode - the most important line in the story; "...it was the last chance I had to save her".

This was a tremendous adaptation of the manga. Everything worked out so well.

BTW - for those folks who haven't seen this scene in the manga - the manga page doesn't show any more detail of Rea's wound than the anime does.

I'm ready to start ordering the Blurays for this anime - when will they be announced?!
 
Apr 19, 2012 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
dbaranyi said:
I'm ready to start ordering the Blurays for this anime - when will they be announced?!
Your best bet for that would be their official web site. My estimations based on other animes are around that it shall the 6th month where BDs will be available.

Hope it helps.

That line was nice they adapted and I agree with you on that one. I don't understand why people cannot assume rape occurred at least on a mental level.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 19, 2012 8:22 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 8:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 208
They need to hurry up and SUB this...
 
Apr 19, 2012 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2714
Yumekichi11 said:
dbaranyi said:
I'm ready to start ordering the Blurays for this anime - when will they be announced?!
Your best bet for that would be their official web site. My estimations based on other animes are around that it shall the 6th month where BDs will be available.

Hope it helps.

That line was nice they adapted and I agree with you on that one. I don't understand why people cannot assume rape occurred at least on a mental level.


I usually buy my Japanese Blurays from CD Japan. I've been able to pre-order for Nazo no Kanojou X and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, but for some reason Sankarea hasn't shown up yet. I guess that it is a matter of time.
 
Apr 19, 2012 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
dbaranyi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dbaranyi said:
I'm ready to start ordering the Blurays for this anime - when will they be announced?!
Your best bet for that would be their official web site. My estimations based on other animes are around that it shall the 6th month where BDs will be available.

Hope it helps.

That line was nice they adapted and I agree with you on that one. I don't understand why people cannot assume rape occurred at least on a mental level.


I usually buy my Japanese Blurays from CD Japan. I've been able to pre-order for Nazo no Kanojou X and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, but for some reason Sankarea hasn't shown up yet. I guess that it is a matter of time.
Indeed, that's it but the sources I suggested are good. Merchandise wise that is.

As of this episode it will remain to see how well will they deliver the gore. So far Blood-C has done a good job, will this do also?

And does the studio have a good experience in their gore?

Let the rankings of the sales I say show up and then we shall see. I hope a OVER 10 000 order. I want my S2.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
RandyW88 said:
They need to hurry up and SUB this...

forreal! The 2nd episode got me hooked... need subs!
 
Apr 19, 2012 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 87
Strictly speaking, Rea's father didn't rape her; however, for her whole life, she was sexually abused by her father. Keeping her locked in the house, photographing child pornography (regardless of intent)--basically nurturing an image of fragility and purity in his child--all are considered forms of child sexual abuse, not actions of an overprotective father. No wonder Rea is delusional and seeks to end her life (already evidenced by her taking of the poison). She might have 'slipped' off the cliff to her death, but the fact she was willing to defend Babu from her father at such a dangerous location shows her blatant disregard for her current life. She was essentially committing suicide, though strictly speaking, her falling is an accident. It's similar to committing suicide by lying on railway tracks. Strictly speaking, the train happened to pass by while our poor soul was lying on the tracks, but our poor soul's intent was suicide, so the entire incident would be considered suicide as is Rea's death.
 
Apr 19, 2012 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27698
BD DVD Vol.1 Info. (it will be released on June 29, 2012)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Apr 19, 2012 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 527
InfiniteDestiny said:
dfsafsaf said:
It wasn't rape...


This, people should get clear about that; the father is a piece of crap no doubt; but no rape occurred; that scene was him punishing her for going out late; gotta say tho this has been a good adaption so far; true to the manga.


For the 10th time I'm telling to people that it wasn't rape ........ and yes its following the manga >=) thank god
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
 
Apr 19, 2012 10:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
s2012k1993 said:
Strictly speaking, Rea's father didn't rape her; however, for her whole life, she was sexually abused by her father. Keeping her locked in the house, photographing child pornography (regardless of intent)--basically nurturing an image of fragility and purity in his child--all are considered forms of child sexual abuse, not actions of an overprotective father. No wonder Rea is delusional and seeks to end her life (already evidenced by her taking of the poison). She might have 'slipped' off the cliff to her death, but the fact she was willing to defend Babu from her father at such a dangerous location shows her blatant disregard for her current life. She was essentially committing suicide, though strictly speaking, her falling is an accident. It's similar to committing suicide by lying on railway tracks. Strictly speaking, the train happened to pass by while our poor soul was lying on the tracks, but our poor soul's intent was suicide, so the entire incident would be considered suicide as is Rea's death.
Thank you sir for simplifying my thinking. It was exactly as I though with some minor self IMOs.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 119
This is the greatest anime of 2012 in my opinion, just put Rea in my favourite characters.

5/5, and I'm feeling this anime might even replace Bakemonogatari as my all time favourite.
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 744
I love how well this adaptation has been done.

We'll either see the father-arc finish within 12 episodes, or we'll see the zombie-arc (where the doctor woman shows up) in 25.

I'm hoping they cover as much as they can...
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
All of these feelings ;_;
This may very well be among my favorite animes.
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 480
Favorite show of the season other than fate/zero. I love how interesting it is, even though watching Rea die was shocking, it wasn't as bad since we all knew she was coming back. Can't wait for next episode!
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
Not sure why Yumekichi *coughslayer545cough* is trying to classify this as "rape". The father clearly did not participate in any form of physical sexual assault. Nobody calls it a "voyeur rapist." He is a voyeur. Simple as that. He is a child abuser. Simple as that. He sexually abused her indirectly; NOT raped. Simple as that. He is a sick freak. Simple as that. Not a rapist, as big of a mentally impaired person he is. There is no penis getting all up on that cooch as far as we can tell.

And all that rain for that one scene was pretty terrible. How forced can that even get?
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2675
Said before but after seeing the subs i figure i would say it again; its a really good adaption so far; true to the manga; and if it keeps up then its only gonna get better, my only worry at this point is that if it is 12-13 episode is that it won't reach chapter 20 like i hoped it would.

Wasabi said:
Not sure why Yumekichi *coughslayer545cough* is trying to classify this as "rape". The father clearly did not participate in any form of physical sexual assault. Nobody calls it a "voyeur rapist." He is a voyeur. Simple as that. He is a child abuser. Simple as that. He sexually abused her indirectly; NOT raped. Simple as that. He is a sick freak. Simple as that. Not a rapist, as big of a mentally impaired person he is. There is no penis getting all up on that cooch as far as we can tell.


Well said; hopefully people will drop the idea if they ever had it, because the manga made it clear and the anime didn't do a bad job about it either; that she was abused psychologically through his sick photos; but definitely no rape.
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 570
It may have been portrayed different in the manga than in the anime, but def not a suicide. Stating that her standing between her father and Babu is akin to laying on railroad tracks is a poor comparison. She has an attachment to Babu, as something precious shared between her Furuya, whom she obviously developed feelings for. Her intervention between her father and Babu from an unforeseen attack was an instanteous reaction to protect that special bond, not a premeditated attempt at suicide.

It could be considered closer to murder than suicide, using your logic, though. Her father, knowing she was in between him and the cat in a precarious location, still chose to attack with the whip using a forehand swing. If he had any concern for his daughter's life, even a backhand swing would have thrown her towards the mountain, instead of off the side.
Is there another word for synonym?
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1686
I think this adaptation is great so far.
I was waiting for her to raise her head and smile at the end.
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Wasabi said:
Not sure why Yumekichi *coughslayer545cough* is trying to classify this as "rape". The father clearly did not participate in any form of physical sexual assault. Nobody calls it a "voyeur rapist." He is a voyeur. Simple as that. He is a child abuser. Simple as that. He sexually abused her indirectly; NOT raped. Simple as that. He is a sick freak. Simple as that. Not a rapist, as big of a mentally impaired person he is. There is no penis getting all up on that cooch as far as we can tell.
OK fine I will accept it like that however my IMO still stands as mind rape. Like you mention indirect of abuse, mind rape can be exactly that. Fine let's leave it at that.
InfiniteDestiny said:
That she was abused psychologically through his sick photos; but definitely no rape.
That's exactly it except that since the abuse got so bad, I think its force itself can be as much as one rapes you. Thus mental abuse, I just consider that abuse at the same level as rape, which is really what the episode showed in a artistic way. Is that not right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 19, 2012 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
omggg all these posts about whether it was/wasn't rape. stop. haha.

Great episode. amazing. I loved Baabu this episode... such a cute zombie kitty<3

The pacing was on point! Such a unique and wonderfully strange show.

Looking forward to more of this.
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Not sure why Yumekichi *coughslayer545cough* is trying to classify this as "rape". The father clearly did not participate in any form of physical sexual assault. Nobody calls it a "voyeur rapist." He is a voyeur. Simple as that. He is a child abuser. Simple as that. He sexually abused her indirectly; NOT raped. Simple as that. He is a sick freak. Simple as that. Not a rapist, as big of a mentally impaired person he is. There is no penis getting all up on that cooch as far as we can tell.
OK fine I will accept it like that however my IMO still stands as mind rape. Like you mention indirect of abuse, mind rape can be exactly that. Fine let's leave it at that.
InfiniteDestiny said:
That she was abused psychologically through his sick photos; but definitely no rape.
That's exactly it except that since the abuse got so bad, I think its force itself can be as much as one rapes you. Thus mental abuse, I just consider that abuse at the same level as rape, which is really what the episode showed in a artistic way. Is that not right?

Not really, no. Mental abuse can come in all kinds of forms, and rape is certainly not the worst of them. The "artistic way" that the show portrays is a building psychological trauma. If he was raping her in any way then it would have been more cohesive(and in the case of Rea, more blatantly traumatic for her - do note that she never thought her father's obsession and nude images of her were wrong until she was told otherwise). Negative sexual connotations are not a duplication of rape, and it sounds more like you're just clinging to your view while attempting to poke holes in what proves it wrong.
Modified by Skelington, Apr 20, 2012 12:08 AM
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
holy.
shit.
that is all

btw did her eyes turn red or was it just me??


 
Apr 20, 2012 12:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
supermegasonic said:

btw did her eyes turn red or was it just me??


Yeah, they totally did. She looks awesome with red eyes.
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Skelington said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Not sure why Yumekichi *coughslayer545cough* is trying to classify this as "rape". The father clearly did not participate in any form of physical sexual assault. Nobody calls it a "voyeur rapist." He is a voyeur. Simple as that. He is a child abuser. Simple as that. He sexually abused her indirectly; NOT raped. Simple as that. He is a sick freak. Simple as that. Not a rapist, as big of a mentally impaired person he is. There is no penis getting all up on that cooch as far as we can tell.
OK fine I will accept it like that however my IMO still stands as mind rape. Like you mention indirect of abuse, mind rape can be exactly that. Fine let's leave it at that.
InfiniteDestiny said:
That she was abused psychologically through his sick photos; but definitely no rape.
That's exactly it except that since the abuse got so bad, I think its force itself can be as much as one rapes you. Thus mental abuse, I just consider that abuse at the same level as rape, which is really what the episode showed in a artistic way. Is that not right?

Not really, no. Mental abuse can come in all kinds of forms, and rape is certainly not the worst of them. The "artistic way" that the show portrays is a building psychological trauma. If he was raping her in any way then it would have been more cohesive(and in the case of Rea, more blatantly traumatic for her - do note that she never thought her father's obsession and nude images of her were wrong until she was told otherwise). Negative sexual connotations are not a duplication of rape, and it sounds more like you're just clinging to your view while attempting to poke holes in what proves it wrong.
OK fine perhaps I do think this differently and as you say but do know I think she realized it was wrong from the time she matured to a certain age of her having a judgement. I think it's around 12. Notice the more mature version was less showing signs of being happy then the younger versions.

I did find something to give me grounds though: Some countries such as Germany are now using more inclusive definitions which do not require penetration and the 1998 International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda defines it as "a physical invasion of a sexual nature committed on a person under circumstances which are coercive".[17] In some jurisdictions, the term "rape" has been phased out of legal use in favor of terms such as "sexual assault" or "criminal sexual conduct".[22]
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape
therefore what the father many people here would think at the least as criminal sexual conduct. Taking pictures and a testimony of Rea that she did not want to, would indict him.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Apr 20, 2012 12:38 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
Serve that right! I fucking hate Rea's father sooo much!!

SSo Rea has turn into zombie. The real story begins now.
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
supermegasonic said:
holy.
shit.
that is all

btw did her eyes turn red or was it just me??


Yes, it did turn red.
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 235
I must have said, "S*** just got real" at least 4 times throughout the episode.

My god. Can't wait for next weeks!
 
Apr 20, 2012 12:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8400
That censorship ruined the ressurection scene. Destroyed the impact it had. Damn japanese censoring late night anime.
 
Apr 20, 2012 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 828
BTW, anyone think Furuya is an asshole for abandoning his cousin, Ranko, in the drainage pipe?

Also, is everyone else hoping to god she got out before that downpour started?

I know the plot device was to get Furuya alone in the hyacinths before Rea fell. But still, that's a shitty way to go about it. It also takes Furuya's character down a peg in my book.

As for the Rea suicide or pushed thing. I think Rea was starting to become sick from the potion she took and was becoming weak. She was staggering around the cliffside. I would equate her condition to someone who was weak from flu like symptoms or buzzed from alcohol. I think stiff breeze would have been enough to push her off the cliff. It just happened that her asshole retard father swatting at her and the cat was what did the trick.
 
Apr 20, 2012 1:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 207
Show continues to impress me. Picked it up on a whim, but really enjoying it.

5/5 for the episode
 
Top
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store