Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Aug 2009
Thund3r1 said:
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:
Another epic episode.

Was Kariya just clouded with rage or is he really that stupid to keep sending the bugs straight forward which was of course pointless... He looked so stupid from Kirei's point of view that it was just sad :/

Saber's Excalibur was awesome. The animation of the yellow orbs of light and the attack itself was wonderful :D

Was that a cover of Sword of Promised Victory by Kajiura? Omg. I liked it in F/SN, but man, here it was just so amazing. Expected nothing less from her :D

Expecting clear thinking from Kariya at this point is....

Poor Kariya. His actions were probably a result of both moderate intelligence, rage and a few other factors. After all the physical torture he's been underhis mental state is probably compromised. In general he seems like a rather emotional character, and one very desperate to protect that girl.

Oh you can be sure of that.
Whatever was left of his intelligence/sanity after his "training" was significantly lost after Berserker's summoning.Especially after his first fight.
Apr 13, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
Dunno why but i can't hate Caster. This ep was glorious (that "chivalry" conversation between Lancer and Saber was kinda annoying though). And Ruler made a brief appearance in this episode <3

That Excalibur scene was pure eyegasmic.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 18, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2013
Saber = episness this episode. EXCALIBUR!!!
May 8, 2014 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
1. Lancer has lot of guts to lift saber's curse

2. Great fight scenes. About time they took down caster.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 24, 2014 10:39 PM
Jun 2013
Burning like that does not seem fun.I find it odd iri doesint know how to use a phone since kiritsugu gave it to her you would figure he would teach her.Scene was cute though.Ummm saber people are going to die i think hurting your pride is less important.Kirei getting off on others pain.What a pretty finishing blow.
May 24, 2014 11:10 PM

Sep 2013
souledge94 said:
Burning like that does not seem fun.I find it odd iri doesint know how to use a phone since kiritsugu gave it to her you would figure he would teach her.Scene was cute though.Ummm saber people are going to die i think hurting your pride is less important.Kirei getting off on others pain.What a pretty finishing blow.

Her mobile phone. It was something she received from Kiritsugu in case of emergencies. Obviously, there was no need to guess who the caller was. Nevertheless, as a situation where they would use this to converse was considered impossible, due to the urgency, Irisviel temporarily forgot the method of usage she was supposed to have remembered.

Magi and technology...
May 25, 2014 1:55 AM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
souledge94 said:

Her mobile phone. It was something she received from Kiritsugu in case of emergencies. Obviously, there was no need to guess who the caller was. Nevertheless, as a situation where they would use this to converse was considered impossible, due to the urgency, Irisviel temporarily forgot the method of usage she was supposed to have remembered.

Magi and technology...

Truth.

Its a well known fact that a magus and technology goes hilariously wrong every single time
May 25, 2014 8:22 AM
Jun 2013
Fai said:
C-Core said:
souledge94 said:

Magi and technology...

Truth.

Its a well known fact that a magus and technology goes hilariously wrong every single time

Its always funny when people who can make fire come out their hand cant use a blu ray player.I would love it if carnical phantasm got dubbed.
Jul 28, 2014 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Is it wrong that I have the urge to compare the Fate/Zero Gilgamesh with the Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy?

Anyways, Gilgamesh totally wants Saber. :p
Aug 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2012
Somehow one have to think that with almost every Servant having its pride, that could be exploited pretty easily to end this War pretty quickly if one master had what it takes to act clever and dirty. In this light, even Kiritsugu seems to be doing not everything he can to obtain the victory.

Not to mention Iri and Waver who are almost always in the open, right where one bullet can end their life. Well, I guess they all know they'll need Iri in the end but for Waver to survive this long that's something I simply cannot understand.

But those CG fights are really not my cup of tea, espically those with plane, Berserker and Archer.
And for Berserker to turn its attention to Saber just when she revealed her sword - now I think its finally pretty obvious who he is.

Kotomine healing Kariya just to see him going after Tokiomi was great scene and it's great to see he actually finds pleasure in watching others suffer.

I was also pleasantly surprised that Lancer broke one of his weapons, for servant to destroy its own Noble Phantasm that's something I never saw in other Fate works.

But wasn't subsequent use of Excalibur a bit underwhelming? Maybe it was due to the fact that ultimate weapon as this should be only used in the end (but noone says she can't use it again, right). And maybe it was because of Caster who really wasn't good antagonist, just annoying preaching madman. There were almost no feels for me in that scene, almost like they intentionally dehonested Saber's action with Archer's speech afterwards.

At least we got one shot on famous Joan of Arc, hero of Apocrypha.

The ED showing first Drama CD that's about Iri and Kiritsugu and their meeting and getting to know each in their past life - I realized that just now - seeing them like this that's something that should be animated too to clearly understand Kiritsugu's motivation but at least we got this sad song.

Next time Saber x Lancer, finally their duel comes to an end. I just wonder if Sola Ui actually does anything or if she stays low to the end.
Aug 18, 2014 8:36 PM

Nov 2012
Lancer is such a good guy though I feel that breaking one of his noble phantasm is going to cost him his life in the end.
Aug 18, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
Mich666 said:
Somehow one have to think that with almost every Servant having its pride, that could be exploited pretty easily to end this War pretty quickly if one master had what it takes to act clever and dirty. In this light, even Kiritsugu seems to be doing not everything he can to obtain the victory.

Kiritsugu is primarily focused on eliminating the masters. He mostly just lets the servants take care of each other unless he has an opportunity.

Mich666 said:
Not to mention Iri and Waver who are almost always in the open, right where one bullet can end their life. Well, I guess they all know they'll need Iri in the end but for Waver to survive this long that's something I simply cannot understand.

Only 1 person in this war is using bullets, and he's smart enough to know it won't be that simple when he's never more than 2 feet away from Rider.

...except in this episode, but it should be obvious why he didn't eliminate Waver then.

Mich666 said:
But wasn't subsequent use of Excalibur a bit underwhelming? Maybe it was due to the fact that ultimate weapon as this should be only used in the end (but noone says she can't use it again, right). And maybe it was because of Caster who really wasn't good antagonist, just annoying preaching madman. There were almost no feels for me in that scene, almost like they intentionally dehonested Saber's action with Archer's speech afterwards.

The music didn't do it for you?

Oh well, plenty more trump cards where that came from.
Aug 19, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2012
fst said:
The music didn't do it for you?

As much as I like Yuki Kajiura, I find her OST for F/Z pretty lackluster or rather undeveloped when I compare to her other works. Yes, it is doing its job in terms of overall atmosphere and there are some nice pieces like Tragedy and Fate or The Legend but they are few in number and repeats all the time.
The Sword of Promised Victory is a great theme in the game when it is playing in the background but its translation to anime didn't go well. Yes, it's still pretty nice piece but its rhytm fit actual animation pretty poorly.
Aug 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
[b]EXsuCALIBUUUUUUUUR!!!!!!!!!![/b] Saber <333! Man this just makes me wish ufotable would adapt Fate route instead of UBW in the remake. She deserves it :(
AozureAug 24, 2014 10:42 AM
Aug 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
Saber was badass this episode. That "Exalibur" looked amazing O.o
Gilgamesh is boss. He is my favorite character in this series so far.
I dont know why, But i'm pretty sad with Caster now... "What... I have... (done?)"...

Yuki Kajiura strikes again. But FZ isn't her best work IMO.
Aug 25, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
I dont know why, But i'm pretty sad with Caster now... "What... I have... (done?)"...

Well that's based Ufotable for ya.
Feeling sad for Caster? You might have a screw or two loose o.o

No it isn't, her Madoka OST is better.
Aug 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Well that's based Ufotable for ya.
Feeling sad for Caster? You might have a screw or two loose o.o

No it isn't, her Madoka OST is better.
Well you can feel sad for the man Caster was before he totally lost it.
Aug 26, 2014 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
Also, This Excalibur stuff reminds me Genki-dama from dbz, lol.
TapuTapuuAug 26, 2014 6:55 AM
Sep 5, 2014 12:31 AM

Jan 2014
Kirei begins his betrayal. That was the flashiest attack of the bunch. Excaribuuurrr!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2010
This was one epic episode. I could have barely asked for more.

I'm so grateful to Kotomine for saving Kariya. It's nothing else, other than the fact that old fucker fucked him big time with these bugs, he practically just killed him without giving him any power of worth.
Loved how Berserker screwed Gilgamesh though.
Nov 15, 2014 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
Haha, reading the first page and seeing all these people who saw it at Sakuracon brings back memories. I knew it was happening at the time, but I hadn't started on the series yet, so I was busy doing other things at the con. It's a shame that I'm only just now getting into this series, but maybe this year's Sakuracon will have something just as entertaining.
Nov 15, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
hawk222 said:
Haha, reading the first page and seeing all these people who saw it at Sakuracon brings back memories. I knew it was happening at the time, but I hadn't started on the series yet, so I was busy doing other things at the con. It's a shame that I'm only just now getting into this series, but maybe this year's Sakuracon will have something just as entertaining.

With Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works having premiered this season and Kalafina returning to sing its first ending song, I'm really anticipating something Fate related at Sakuracon. One can hope at least.
Dec 31, 2014 9:54 AM

Oct 2013
I love how Kiritsugu's tactics have been the foundation for most of these victories so far, but I'm still waiting for him to actually become the main character.

GETTING REALLY TIRED OF GILGAMESH AND HIS OBSESSION WITH THE WORD "MONGREL."

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode very good as regards the plot.
Narration eventful exciting.
Drawings eanimazioni very beautiful and wonderful to see.
Jan 5, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Zadion said:
I love how Kiritsugu's tactics have been the foundation for most of these victories so far, but I'm still waiting for him to actually become the main character.

GETTING REALLY TIRED OF GILGAMESH AND HIS OBSESSION WITH THE WORD "MONGREL."

U wot mongrel?
Jan 27, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
Ooooooh! I just had an epiphany!
Berserker KNOWS Saber. Personally.
I thought when B first attacked Arturia after Gilgamesh vanished was because she went... well berserk. Or maybe she disliked blonde people. But she attacked Saber again when she revealed Excalibur, and that made me receive the aforementioned epiphany. That meant she is from Arthurian Mythology, and was an enemy of Arturia. And even if I've no idea who it is, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for at least figuring this out. ^_^

Looks like it's time out for Lancer next episode. I'm not surprised, without his second lance he's half his fighting ability. And Kirei has started on a 'sinful' path.
Jan 27, 2015 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
Why assume it's a she?
Jan 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
First season ED.

But the fact that you're not refuting me, seems to confirm my theory.
:)))))

All hail R2!!!
Jan 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
R2 said:
First season ED.

But the fact that you're not refuting me, seems to confirm my theory.
:)))))

All hail R2-sama!!!

You'll find out, I suppose.
That said just because s/he has long hair doesn't mean s/he's a girl XD

oh. well, I'll find out I suppose.

edit:
hey, wait!
medieval times + long hair = FEMALE
Jan 27, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
R2 said:
Insertanamehere said:

edit:
hey, wait!

Caster disagrees.
Jan 27, 2015 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
R2 said:

edit:
hey, wait!

Caster disagrees.
Well, this has taken an interesting turn @_@
Jan 28, 2015 2:49 AM

Aug 2014
R2 said:
Insertanamehere said:

edit:
hey, wait!

If anything long hair in medieval times for men would be more common than today, I'd think.
Jan 28, 2015 4:47 AM

Jul 2007
Did you know guyse? FSN Zerker is obvs a female because long hair 8)
Jan 28, 2015 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
alright, alright!
my last assumption was a wrong one, no need to take it any further.
Mar 29, 2015 8:25 AM
May 2013
I wish Lancer didn't have to snap his spear to lift the curse.... Excalibur is awesome though!
May 11, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
That Excalibur attack was beautiful, probably the best episode so far.
Jun 7, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2013
Is the priest (the one with the blades between his fingers) healing berserker master? or what is he doing?
Jun 7, 2015 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
olha2 said:
Is the priest (the one with the blades between his fingers) healing berserker master? or what is he doing?

Yes, he is. His reasons will become clearer later on.
Jun 7, 2015 3:08 AM

Jan 2013
Lollo36 said:
olha2 said:

Yes, he is. His reasons will become clearer later on.

Thank You
Jul 26, 2015 12:22 AM

Mar 2014
Saber's Noble Phantasm is seriously neat, although of course, since it's an anti-fortress type, it won't serve much use in a duel.

At the end, I honestly can't tell if Archer meant that he will be the one to kill Saber, or just stating his interest in her. I'm sure it went both ways. This could be a very interesting development.
Sep 13, 2015 3:10 AM

Nov 2009
Dat Excalibur though, Glad this fight is over though since I found it pretty dull.
Jan 13, 2016 2:57 AM
Nov 2015
As usual its always the black guy that gets picked on.
Feb 1, 2016 10:56 PM
Jan 2016
That chat between Archer and Rider was pretty funny. Archer never called the King of conquerors a mongrel that time.
Apr 22, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2016
To be honest, this was probably the high point of the series... or at least one of them. My jaw only dropped in sheer awe twice in my life. Once in the final battle of Kingdom Hearts 2, and again during the Excalibur scene. It was just... Magical. The music that accompanied it, and the heavenly animation for the Excalibur blast was just absolute perfection . Not to mention other stuff like Broskandar using his Noble Phantasm to stall for time. But that SCENE! For give my gushing, but if you didn't at least smirk during that scene, I don't know what's up with you...
Apr 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Oh! More epicness!! How can anybody say this is not a fantastic series/episode?
Music, animation, dialogs.

Alexander's point of view of Arthuria and Gilgamesh's point of view of her... both are somehow different...No, they are different.
You really need to think about it to discern the differences and the common ground.

Arthuria had a noble goal, to save her country, and be the best king...but she obsessed with that and became an existence that was not perceived as a human, a king that does not care about the others. Maybe her dream was too much for her, maybe she lost her way... It was a tragic story indeed, but noble till the end.

Ok, as a side comment, this episode has 3 beauties!!
  • Irisviel Von Einzbern!

• Arthuria Pendragon!

• Jeanne D'Arc!

This episode was awesome, and more awesome episodes are around the corner!
Jul 29, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2016
Excaliber, was it? too OP for Caster!
Aug 27, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
Meh episode. Can't answer mobile phone, so not even Saber takes the call, but Rider's master does. Lancer wastes his phantasm. Excalibur destroys everything. Lancer can teleport on top of Berserker. Not even that, he waits forever until he decides to do it when Saber is being chased for minutes obviously.

Eh.
Oct 22, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm it seems like The gold king wants to bone saber.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 22, 2016 7:42 PM

Sep 2014
Rasco said:
Hmm it seems like The gold king wants to bone saber.
hehe "seems like"
Oct 28, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2009
Godlike!!! Seeing Excalibur in BD is goodness!!!!!!

I really want to see Jeanne in the Anime, but it will be a long time till that happens. Would like a Fate Grand Order Anime someday!
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.