Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2008 11:07 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some action from Aramaki. Using his brains to get out of a sticky situation. Fake bomb was lol XD
Oct 22, 2008 8:35 AM

Apr 2008
I have a question. What's the song on the background at the end of the episode?
(when they say farewell)

The only thing the singer says is "na na na na", lol.
Does anyone know?
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Jul 1, 2009 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
That was a very good episode, Aramaki's the man great to see an episode dedicated to him as well and that ending was just awesome.
Jul 27, 2009 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
That was a brilliant episode, with those practical smarts you can see how Aramaki made his way to the top
Jul 29, 2009 1:41 AM

May 2008
Have to agree that this was a brilliant episode. I loved how they showed the Chief's tactical competency, his ability to improvise and being cool under pressure!

I liked the little details that they showed like the Bobby's uniforms, BBC news vans, the architecture of London etc. Very well made episode. Another thing worth mentioning is that Aramaki-san is a chick magnet. His hard-to-get stance is quite effective with the ladies, don't you think?
"We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials, for example, to create a vacuum, then we fill that vacuum. As popular war advances, peace is closer"
Aug 5, 2009 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
the chief is really good, not only did he foil a bank robbery, but also got rid of some mob related people laundering the money; not bad considering hes on vacation (of sorts)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 20, 2009 2:19 PM
Apr 2008
Elrondp said:
(when they say farewell)

Does anyone know?

I wanna know too.

Leibstandarte said:
Have to agree that this was a brilliant episode. I loved how they showed the Chief's tactical competency, his ability to improvise and being cool under pressure!

I liked the little details that they showed like the Bobby's uniforms, BBC news vans, the architecture of London etc. Very well made episode. Another thing worth mentioning is that Aramaki-san is a chick magnet. His hard-to-get stance is quite effective with the ladies, don't you think?

I liked the details, especially because I live there

5* ep. Kept me interested and helped me like Aramaki a little more, which is a good thing.
Nov 17, 2009 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
Excellent episode. We got a chance to see the chief display some of his expertise in the field. I wonder how old that woman was that wanted him to stay. It just doesn't seem to match up to me.
Jan 18, 2010 7:31 PM

Jul 2009
Drgentile777 said:
Excellent episode. We got a chance to see the chief display some of his expertise in the field. I wonder how old that woman was that wanted him to stay. It just doesn't seem to match up to me.

she was probably a cyborg given all the hints and even her job
Feb 24, 2010 4:18 PM

Sep 2009
ImLoopee said:
Elrondp said:
(when they say farewell)

Does anyone know?

I wanna know too.

Leibstandarte said:

I liked the details, especially because I live there

5* ep. Kept me interested and helped me like Aramaki a little more, which is a good thing.

Found the title of the song after 30 mins. of searching. It is in the "Be Human" OST, the title is "Cream" by Yoko Kanno.
Apr 26, 2010 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode... Loved the interaction between the girls and Aramaki the boss... I also liked how he managed to get out of the box and manage all the mess that he was tangled into and save his own butt and the others one too!!! I'm really surprised that the Chief actually deduces all those kinds of things.... That's the reason why's the Boss of the Section 9!

A Wine Bank huh? I like that idea... Reminds me of some awesome drinks... cups... and a pair or two pairs of awesome dinners..... Wines are a difficult business... since they come from natural resources like mostly grapes along with soil and water and sunlight, Wine is a thing that should be enjoyed by everyone or simply hated by the other ones.... And I loved the twist the production made to the business.. all the high tech... converging with the wines.. the beverage... WOW!! XD Oh Aramaki is such a cutie.... waiting to see her again.. Awwww... and Motoko... She was awesome pulling out all those moves avoiding the police and everything :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2010 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
The art seemed very different in this episode. Our main character had darker hair and a much narrower face. It was pretty, but definitely different from the what we normally see
Oct 20, 2010 6:20 PM

May 2010
NEVER underestimate the ability of an old man...

I like how even the Major acknowledges Aramaki and that punch was awesome.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 21, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
So, is it just me that found it odd that the criminals exited through the front door?
Shouldn't there have been police or something there?

A man of few words.
Nov 8, 2010 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
Ullus said:
So, is it just me that found it odd that the criminals exited through the front door?

That was several hours or maybe even a day after the operation. Notice how Motoko says "sorry I took so long." Using that it is only logical to think it is much later when she finds them.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2010 10:43 AM

Mar 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
ARAMAKI HAS A GIRL~ FRIEND

He really needed the attention from this episode, and more.
What he did with the bombs was hilarious.
Mar 26, 2011 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
Leibstandarte said:

Yeah, the chief really surprised me with how well thought out his plan was and the fact he was able to come up with it in that situation.
May 5, 2011 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
Aramaki finally has a chance to shine. We need more of him.
Jun 6, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
Aramaki was such a badass in this episode! So many awesome moments.
"Sound human relationships just like fine wine need time to mature."
Whatever, chief. :)
Jun 6, 2011 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
Sweet episode. Wish I had wine to drink with it lol.
Such junk...
Aug 29, 2011 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
damn Aramaki using his brain for improvise. really really smart :)

and yeah the manhole full of wine is actually a genius move. to keep your temperature stable :)

kudos to Major as well for deducing that as well. lol at the police being tricked for a clock bomb and that grenade thing at the entrance to further delay their opening :P

aww Aramaki has actually a girl of interest.

and wow Major giving some fanservice in that solider boy :P

the two were lucky Aramaki had let him go. as they say "it's out of our jurisdiction" :P

and lol at the Wine and Human Relationship comment. Classic =)
SomaHeirAug 29, 2011 3:24 AM
Nov 17, 2011 3:16 PM

Feb 2009
Crazy old man wants to be cool as well!
Dec 8, 2011 7:19 PM

Jun 2009
Veethorn said:
Crazy old man wants to be cool as well!

I think he pulled it off, personally.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2012
It has been said many times already, but that is one badass baboon! The way he carries himself shows how much class he has. Glad to see him work the field for once.
Jul 23, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 2012
Meh. Another episode that could have been from an average American crime series. It wasn't bad, it's just that this type of thing has been done to death in live action tv. I'm starting to think this series gets praise largely because the style is close to Western tv but since it's anime it's suddenly original and exotic and awesome.
Oct 6, 2012 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
It was interesting, i saw this episode on TV once already =P. I want them to get back to the laughing man case already!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 10, 2012 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
Aramaki is a boss.
Oct 24, 2012 2:03 AM

May 2012
"Just like wine, human relationship needs time to mature"... like it!!! Way to go Chief!!! And that fake bomb was so damn hilarious!
Dec 22, 2012 11:46 AM

May 2012
Good episode actually, it's nice to see Aramaki as the main character of the episode!
Dec 23, 2012 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
Aramaki was pretty awesome this time. It was nice to see him in action.

Jan 1, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
Dat police business. Some pretty good action at that bar imo.
May 29, 2013 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
Aramaki is a very intelligent man. No wonder he is in charge of section 9. Need some complex episodes. Starting to miss the Laughing Man.
May 31, 2013 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
Feorg said:
Meh. Another episode that could have been from an average American crime series. It wasn't bad, it's just that this type of thing has been done to death in live action tv. I'm starting to think this series gets praise largely because the style is close to Western tv but since it's anime it's suddenly original and exotic and awesome.

Sounds like you don't appreciate crime shows in general then... :/

From your criticisms almost every episode, seems like this is not your kind of show to begin with.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jun 5, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
Amazing episode. Aramaki is a pretty badass guy. Showed no fear against the robbers. Very nice. Major's seduction method worked nicely as well.
Jun 17, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

An episode that highlights the quality of Aramaki and make us understand why he is the head of section 9, alone certainly will not be enough, we need to dell'aòtro now gave a good impression. In 2030 even the Mafia will be there to pollute the world? Damn criminals hoped they disappear! Design is not bad, there is a soft spot for Aramaki by the Major? XD
Aug 18, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
Excellent episode. Loved how the commanding police officer got duped by the fake bombs. I lol'd pretty hard from his reactions.
Sep 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ep. haha, Chief being the main character and being super awesome ^^.

2013 and still watching :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 19, 2013 3:54 AM

Jun 2010
Aramaki is great. So cool under pressure. What a pro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
chaindrop said:
Found the title of the song after 30 mins. of searching. It is in the "Be Human" OST, the title is "Cream" by Yoko Kanno.

Thank you man, I searched it all over the albums.
Dec 13, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2011
"In vino veritas", the truth is in the wine. Loved this episode. Just like how Aramaki deal with the sticky situation that can risk affecting Anglo-Japanese relations, and even with his life at stake, he is able to remain so calm and collected. Corruption really goes to no end, huh? Even the police want to earn such dirty money from the mafioso. Sigh...
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 20, 2013 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
It was nice to change the setting like this.

Our Major is a master of disguise... and seduction :P

Daisuke is quite a sly fox. He owned them all.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2014 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Damn I love this series.
Jun 11, 2014 4:13 AM

Nov 2011
Episode quite interesting. Aramaki is a great strategist and in this episode it is his time to shine.
It also has a lot of charm with women, I wonder if you also like to Major! LOL
Drawings and animations of high level.
Aug 16, 2014 1:21 PM
Sep 2013
Ullus said:

There was a police at the door but the major disguised and replaced him.

Itwas a cute episode heh.
Sep 27, 2014 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
kage-bunshin said:
the chief is really good, not only did he foil a bank robbery, but also got rid of some mob related people laundering the money; not bad considering hes on vacation (of sorts)

haha Yeah, he rocks! XD

Section 9 kicks ass, even in England :D

minouneetzoe said:
Our Major is a master of disguise... and seduction :P

I loved that scene lol The Major is so sexy xD

Great episode as always!
Nov 24, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
What a fuckin boss. In one episode he fools the police, brings justice. leaves grown men fleeing in fear, and capture the heart of a mature lady.
Feb 4, 2015 4:31 AM

Nov 2013
Great episode. I found it kinda weird how they went out of their way to resemble the setting (England, with how the police looked and the architecture and such) but then had every random British dude speaking Japanese lol. Better than engrish I guess.

Chief sure knows how to work the field, this episode brings to light just a little of why he's top dog :3
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 12, 2015 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
Aramaki has mostly been a one dimensional character up until now, so it's nice to learn more about him. His calmness under pressure and quick thinking are praiseworthy.

The change in setting was mildly interesting.
Apr 17, 2015 10:13 AM
Nov 2014
Aramaki being a baws for the first time, huge success.
Apr 24, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2013
Banker lady was thirsty for more then just wine ;)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

153 by MineFord_gurme »»
Apr 5, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 8, 2008

84 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 28, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

88 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

50 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

77 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.