Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 20, 2012 8:33 PM
Apr 2012
This episode made me really want to slap both Satou and his senpai. Also, I don't understand why people think of Misaki as selfish or annoying. I feel sorry for her, Satou treated her really badly.
Aug 27, 2012 12:24 AM
Mar 2012
fueledbyana said:
This episode made me really want to slap both Satou and his senpai. Also, I don't understand why people think of Misaki as selfish or annoying. I feel sorry for her, Satou treated her really badly.

I don't hate Misaki at all. She's pretty good at being 'selfish', it helps other people like Satou unlike his Senpai who has done nothing but influence him about conspiracies and shit.

I like all the characters nonetheless, even the former class representative of Satou's class in High School. She has a reason why she continues being part of the MLM.

It feels like every major/supporting character in this series is unstable and has their own mental illnesses.
Nov 13, 2012 2:27 PM

May 2012
Sad episode, why did Satou didn't say anything to her? I hope this won't end to bad it was such a great Anime already I don't want it to end bad :(

And damn didn't expect to see twice the fanservice!
RafaelDeJonghNov 13, 2012 2:41 PM
Nov 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Satou is a dick. Leaving off with Hitomi and not giving a single fuck about Misaki, who's trying to do all that shit to help him out of being a hikikomori.
Also, Hitomi is so unstable and mentally insane, she is a really bad influence on Satou imo.
Poor Misaki, she is getting more and more depressed, even to the point of becoming somewhat crazy herself. I really hope she won't do any harm to herself or Satou (I still don't want him getting killed or anything even though I'm liking him less and less).

I'm still waiting for the explanations about Misaki's past.
Nov 16, 2012 6:23 AM

Aug 2012
It would've been such a plot twist to see the affair come true. Hell, I would've loved to see their horrible affair spiral into despair and have their mental illnesses regress back to their original state.

But alas, we get Misaki.
Feb 12, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Goshh this show would so much better if Satou wasn't such a useless main charecter. I mean first he treats her like crap, and at the end when he sees Misaki crying he doesn't hold, hug or atleast try to make her feel better
Apr 5, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
BEST EPISODE loved the relationship between Hitomi and Satou.LOL at his thoughts,it fooled me twice. I was like you gon regret itttt..ALSO YES to Satou not knowing how to deal with situations that made me twitch like when I though he would do something about his Senpai committing suicide and also when Misaki flinches and cries to what I was HOPING HIM NOT TO BE RAISING A FIST AT MY MISAKING which made me get disheartened at his character for cracking a girl in the head for what? There was also the New Years failure at cheering Misaki up and all the other times he would just watch.
kUshPandA_ENJOiApr 5, 2013 2:23 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jun 15, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2012
well I know hitomi will bring some misunderstand in this episode -_-
but thanks to her I see some fan service lol XD damn there is something like this in this anime XD

I'm kinda feeling sad seeing misaki like that.. :/
Jul 27, 2013 2:43 PM
May 2012
I don't want to have this feeling before I sleep!

Why can't I marathon an anime like I used to?? there are always disturbance.

I hope things will get better!!

Time to sleep so see you tomorrow last 2 episodes be a good boy.
Aug 17, 2013 6:28 PM
Feb 2013
Misaki-Satou relation sucks! I really don't understand both of them...
Satou is the worst, though.
Aug 21, 2013 6:35 PM
Jul 2013
SATOOO get a clue
Aug 31, 2013 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
The farewells between Sato and Hitomi were touching, the moment they were at the station felt so distant and surreal.

It felt like the growing feelings between Misaki and Sato went cold and stopped in their tracks for like 10 episodes. Good to see it coming back along. Although it really seems like the relationship has become more one sided. Misaki's psychological dependency on Sato seems very condescending and looks down on Sato, acting like he absolutely needs her and can't live otherwise.
Nov 18, 2013 7:56 PM
Jun 2013
You would think Hitomis husband would keep a closer eye on her after the whole suicide thing. Maybe dont blow off big holidays with a wife that tried to kill herself before cause you didint pay attention to her. I give it to sato mainly cause even though he wanted to bed Hitomi he said her happynes is more important then him getting laid.Though he was stupid for not telling misaki the truth.
Nov 28, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2012
screambloodygore said:
Damn, why did misaki turn emo?

^ thiz

Well, the episode was bittersweet... probably it was considered as necessary for the final resution of the plot, but that was a bit forced. The misunderstanding, expecially, looked unoriginal. The cat's death is a better device, probably. But I find totally unrealistic, even if Satou is a hikikomori and stuff, that he doesn't even try to cheer Misaki up, even with cliché words. One just not watches a girl crying and sits there and does nothing.

Anyway I expect a great closure because the series has been great. Probably heading to a final 8/10, not getting the 9 because of the MMORPG arc and some little errors (imho) in the psychology paths (e.g. Satou looked in love with Misaki during ep. 4 and he TOTALLY FORGOT AND HE IGNORES MISAKI COMPLETELY EVEN IS SHE FEEDS HIM AND HELPS HIM EVERYDAY, THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR ME).
Jan 12, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
The episode are really rough lately. This show is getting more and more depressing. Arff, I hope everyone make it alright in the end.

Satou and all his phantasm on his sempai xD
I really though they were about to do it, but he did good to refuse, it would only have left him with regrets. And what the fuck, sempai wanting an adventure while being pregnant?!?

Glad to hear that Yamazaki love his new position.

Now, to talk about the depressing stuff. Things with Misaki are really getting out of control. This anime started with Misaki trying to help Satou, but I think that in the end, the one that really need help is Misaki.

With the flashback she had, it's now pretty much confirmed that she was abused. She maybe was an unwanted child and her parents treated like she was worthless. That's she need someone who depends on her, because if not, she would be worthless, in her opinion.

The way she was describing God and the event during life was really depressing. God, I hope this end well.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 30, 2014 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
I felt this was the best episode as of yet. So sad. Everyone got hurt.
This anime really turned very depressing in those last few episodes.
I just hope Misaki will be fine.

I finally understood why she was trying to help Satou, trying so hard to be something to someone, so that her existence really would mean something. I feel really sorry for her. Those last words of her though seems like she's about to go too far with this. I really wish this wouldn't turn really bad for her.

Her thoughts about god was something i really didn't want to hear, only cause I think the same as she does. I don't think god exists and if he does he really is a bad person. I just wished people would realize it's our actions and people around us that make us what we are and that we or them are at fault, not god. And Misaki doesn't seem to realize that.
If there's a tiny chance he exists he really doesn't deserve to be recognized as the reason people do things.

Loved the life chart Misaki made, it was all true.

IvanAipom93 said:

I find totally unrealistic, even if Satou is a hikikomori and stuff, that he doesn't even try to cheer Misaki up, even with cliché words. One just not watches a girl crying and sits there and does nothing.

He doesn't see any sense in his own life, he lost it long ago, and now his friends went away which made him even more miserable. How could he cheer her up with anything when the things she said were the things he probably though himself by then? I may be a pessimist but i agree with the situation and think that if he cheered her up back then it would be really unrealistic given what they went through.
removed-userJan 30, 2014 6:29 PM
Feb 27, 2014 1:15 AM
Feb 2014
"I'm not doing that"
"Then I'll do it"
"Then I'll do it too!"
"NO I'LL DO IT!"
"Well you're a dumba--"

It really strikes me how large a roll self satisfaction plays for all of the characters. And Misake's naivity. She always seems to fail to understand the weight of the responsibility she's trying to take on. All the while though I still find myself rooting for her and Sato.
Mar 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
It took this many episodes to understand Satou's fixation with Hitomi, I once let go of a nice girl because I had an ideal girlfriend in mind that would never work, though the nice girl and I weren't nearly as close as Satou and Misaki... still though nothing justifies his treatment of Misaki, not even comforting her!

Hitomi is such a raging bitch, pregnant, drinking and asking for an affair? Are you kidding me?! I hope she dies in the last two episodes so her poor husband can have a better life, geez!

Satou, you fucking idiot! Even though you made the right decision to say no to Hitomi and show her that good men exist - fantasies are fantasies after all, it's only human - you still ruin Misaki's new year so terribly. What an asshole, this guy really deserves a beating. What a horrible turn of events, like a cosmic conspiracy against love or something. Well this shit happens in real life too, sometimes I feel cursed myself.

Really wonder how this is gonna turn out now. I really hope Misaki gets a happy ending.
Mar 17, 2014 11:57 AM
Feb 2014
My god... This anime supresses me more and more... I'm starting to understand, that my life is pointless and boring...
Mar 28, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, the love hotel delusion...
I wasn't sure if that was a delusion or not at the time.

Oh and Misaki can be really creepy at times O.o

lol, also it was really laugh when Satou said "You could have at least left the lunch box"

Woah woah woah... just saw the ending...
Holy shit, Misaki is actually really creepy xD

Now I know why people who have read the manga commented on how they hated Misaki MORE in the anime than in the manga series.
duderusMar 28, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 5, 2014 2:32 AM

Nov 2013
AzureBlues said:
Complicated said:
Dissent said:
AironicallyHuman said:

When Satou refused to have an affair, you could tell that Hitomi saw that he was a true friend - valuing her happiness above lust. Even though he was tempted enough to get distracted with his fantasies, he still refused to pull her into despair with him.

I thought that was just Satou day-dreaming again? I could be wrong though.

No it wasn't

It's all in Satou's head. Hitomi has no interest in him, beyond being just friends

No Hitomi definitely has feelings for him she has been hinting at it the whole series and she really did ask Satou if he they should have an affair. after she asked that was when Satou had his day dream.
Apr 20, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Aww. There's such a depressing atmosphere. There's no more of that excitement from Yamazaki and the game and all that stuff. There's just really nothing left. It's so sad.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 3, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
man misaki going down the wrong path
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 20, 2014 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
I guess I was the only one thinking "Yes Satou-kun! Fuck that sempai!"
Jul 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting but depressing episode

So Misaki is doing the whole counseling thing for HER own sake right? hmmm~ so -apparently- it was never about Sato

"You could have at least left the lunch box" lmao mte
Jul 29, 2014 2:43 AM

Nov 2013
Angst

Aug 4, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
Satou has his moments.. can't expect him to make the wrong choice all the time.
Though what is his head brewing !? Trying to fool me with his fantasies. LOL.
Again another dear person leave his side.. too much hardship for a single man to face.
I kinda laugh when Hitomi senpai said sh'e gonna be a mum.. looking at his reaction. He's nice to her until the bitter end.
Misaka hiding in the corner was quite sad.. but her trauma and crazy thoughts are creepy. Selfish. Ignorant.
She has been like that since the beginning.. that's the reason why her goody act didn't pull me in.
Satou has his humans right little girl.. I'll see what she'll do next.
Aug 11, 2014 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always, though i did hate seeing Misaki so sad and i thought the sex dreams were unnecessary.
Aug 21, 2014 1:26 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Even though more stuff was shown regarding Misaki, she was a bit annoying.

Sato seems to have learned to keep his apartment clean so that's a step forward, but he just needs to find a job. I get that Misaki wants to help him, but it's just lecture.

Yamazaki makes a brief appearance. Drunk lol

Sep 15, 2014 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
that was a dream rigth with them and the hotel >.>
poor Misaki I really liked her now i feel bad for her 2 more episode to hopefully clear things up
man that girl finds her way into satou life and makes it more of a mess then it already is it seems
[/quote]
Oct 3, 2014 12:20 AM

Apr 2012
Satou did the right thing by turning her down. Hitomi is easily the character I hate the most.
Oct 10, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, such a sad episode. I cried for the first time in like 5 years. Seems like their roles are reversed now, Misaki is the one that needs help..
I just wanna hug her.
Oct 28, 2014 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Lmao. Satou's imagination in the beginning.
INBOU EVERYWHERE
Satou u prick.
Nov 18, 2014 1:04 AM

May 2011
Since when did this turn into a romcom misunderstanding? Asides from the questionable religious questioning, this episode had significant development; which I hope makes Misaki realise that not everything in life goes according to plan. For Satou, he had to realise that the world continues to revolve and life has to go on, even if that is without him. The peaceful life can never remain forever, Satou has to act in order to make sure that the "10% happiness" in life acts in favour and overshadow the remaining "90% pain".
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Nov 22, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 2013
Damn those imagination scenes. The second one really got me into believing it was real. But then someone shouts "Happy New Year!". FUCK!
Jan 13, 2015 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO UNGODLY DEPRESSING

Maaaaaaan... I didn't know it was possible to have a stronger love/hate relationship with a (female) character as I had with Sakura Matou, but Misaki is coming dangerously close at overthrowing Sakura as the reigning champion in that category. Misaki is such a disturbed, selfish person, but her psychological instability makes her such an interesting and loveable character. I really hope we find out what happened to her to make her feel so desperate to be "needed" and make her think she's so "worthless," as if she's responsible for all the world's problems. And, more importantly, why she's so desperate to find someone more "useless" than her to compensate.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 2, 2015 6:11 PM

Sep 2014
Seems like Misaki (and nto Satou) needs counseling at this point.

AND NO NOT THE CAT WHY
Feb 14, 2015 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
LOLOLOL. I'd like to know more about Misaki's past,
but I don't think that's what made her the way she is.
She was probably born kinda weird. Which is cool xĐ
Feb 18, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
The Senpai suffers from chronic depression (Dysthymia) and what looks to be bouts of major depressive disorder, which is often initiated and made worse by the dysthymia. She is in a situation where she should be happy, she knows she should, but just isn't. At the same time, things that normally provide enjoyment or satisfaction, don't have the same impact on her. She blames it on conspiracy, or whatever, which is actually a type of coping mechanism. It prevents her from blaming herself for her unhappiness, which is more painful. That type of condition, however, requires lifetime treatment. Antidepressants pretty much for life, and occasional courses of psychotherapy.

Misaki obviously has had childhood abuse, and based on her current living situation (out at all hours of the night, nearly ignored by her aunt, etc.) it seems she is coping with feelings of meaningless. She feels unimportant to anyone, and wants her life to have value. While a bit twisted, she has been placing value in her life by saying sato needs her. Unfortunately this motivation isn't exactly compatible with "curing" Sato.

Sato himself isn't too bad off. The anime is using strange dreams and talking furnature to illustrate what he's thinking, but I don't think he's actually schizophrenic. He does have rather bad social anxiety though, which is well displayed by the laughing faces in public, and the social paranoia. He may or may not have an underlying mood disorder, but it's hard to tell based on his current state. If so I'd lean towards bipolar, based on his regular shifts from hopeful and active to depressed and inactive.

Mental disorders overall aren't treated very well in Japan, most asian countries still have a very strong stigma. Even the west still has considerable stigma, which makes it quite difficult to actually receive treatment.
Mar 29, 2015 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
I don't get the direction this series gets, it's sure good, but any other point than "let's fuck everyone up and then see what happens?" ?

Or is this story not meant to end in 24 episodes? If so, I'd be sad.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Apr 4, 2015 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Aw man, I thought that they'd really do it ... this episode fooled me TWICE with those scenes >_< I really like Senpai ... she's awesome. Aw man, so she's going to be a mother? I guess that's good for her ... I kinda feel bad for her still, seeing as how she's not really sure about her new life ... aw man, not gonna lie it would've been nice to see her get with Satou lol :P
Second half of this episode made me feel pretty uneasy. I mean Misaki's clearly got something wrong with her ... I mean her life pretty much revolves Satou which is kind of bad D: Not to mention her whole issue with God being evil ... yep, all I'm gonna say is her pushing her "beliefs" onto Satou made me really dislike her this episode >_< I guess we'll see how they resolve this with both Yamazaki and Senpai gone like Satou said ... we're nearing the end now!
Jun 4, 2015 7:22 AM

Sep 2014
What's wrong with Satou. I mean is he really retarded or something? Until now I thought Mizaki just deserved someone better than that idiot but after the last scene I just hope they both end up realising how much of an idiot they both have been all this time.
Jul 6, 2015 8:00 PM

May 2012
poor misaki dude, the cat was just rubbing salt in the wound
Jul 16, 2015 1:33 PM

May 2014
Feel bad for Misaki :( It seems like she's snapping though I wonder what she's gonna do next :O
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jul 22, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
Hated this episode... poor neko :,( And Sato was an idiot like always...
Oct 16, 2015 1:35 PM
Dec 2014
dumb episode, pointless double imagination of senpai and satou having sex, satous just a dickhead in general to misaki.
Oct 26, 2015 1:15 AM
Nov 2014
What is it with the nudity ? Misaki is really fucked up in the head, blaming God won't do her no good.
Oct 28, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2012
I feel sorry for Misaki. Satou is a dickhead

Oct 29, 2015 4:25 AM
May 2015
So was Satou daydreaming when Hitomi proposed to have an affair or did i really happen? It the answer to this even clear? Please someone clear things out cause if Hitomi was indeed about to cheat her husband while pregnant with their baby this is way too fucked up. Or maybe she just spitted that out because she was drunk without thinking about it or meaning it and it wouldnt have happened either way? Please tell me your thoughts cause i liked Hitomi up till then, but if she was indeed serious i guess she had no morals in the first place.

Also, what had happened in the light novel with the whole affair thing?
TheBuddahmanOct 29, 2015 4:53 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

123 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:23 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

215 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.