Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2012 8:55 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I JUST GOT TROLLFACED IN THE END. xDDDD
Woah. I wonder what he means. Maybe there's some kind of tracking device. I did feel like things ended too well (except for Killua obviously).

But besides that troll, amazing episode. I really felt like there was a fresh new beginning. Really nice to watch. And I just realized that Hisoka reminds me a lot of Orochimaru O.o

Gon, you're so awesome!!! :DD I can't wait 'til you save Killua. But I love how the whole show still carries a light feel to it, even though all that stuff happened. Maybe others don't like that, but I enjoy it a lot. :)

5/5 - Great episode.

<3
Mar 3, 2012 10:14 PM
Jan 2012
Random: That courtyard looks amazing!

I'm still not used to Illumi's voice, It's kind of off but I'm sure I'll get over it in the future.

Another one of Hisoka's creepy faces LOL.

And Kurapika with his new scar EPIC!

Episode was great and uplifting, 5/5!
Mar 3, 2012 10:47 PM

Jul 2010
yep, the real exam has yet to start.

also DAT face of hisoka when he was thinking about fruits...someone plz make a screenpic of it, lol

next episode, going to killua's house.

Mar 4, 2012 12:13 AM
Jun 2010
Alright episode I guess. Not much happened besides Gon injuring Illumi's arm and Hisoka's creeper face.

fishergirl16 said:

But besides that troll, amazing episode. I really felt like there was a fresh new beginning. Really nice to watch. And I just realized that Hisoka reminds me a lot of Orochimaru O.o

Well that's probably because Naruto was heavily influence by Hunter x Hunter. As you continue watching the series you'll see many similarities.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Mar 4, 2012 12:16 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode!
Still nothing compared to the next arc...Zoldycks! :D

The exam isn't over yet, the awesome part is yet to come.

ROLL OVER DOGGIE!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 12:26 AM

Feb 2012
Whaaaat!? :O
I thought the exam was over! :O I guess i was wrong XD
* not reading the manga or watched the old series*
Mar 4, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2011
supermegasonic said:
yep, the real exam has yet to start.

also DAT face of hisoka when he was thinking about fruits...someone plz make a screenpic of it, lol

http://im9.gulfup.com/2012-03-04/1330844163691.png

Damn Hisoka is a Fuckin Pedo....
Mar 4, 2012 12:59 AM

Dec 2011
Summed it up nicely.

Now that they got their licenses, only thing left is
Mar 4, 2012 2:12 AM

Feb 2010
Hisoka's rape face was priceless!
Mar 4, 2012 2:14 AM

Mar 2007
Not much happened but oh well. It was an okay episode.
Mar 4, 2012 3:54 AM

Feb 2012
I am not exactly sure why they cut out a lot of scenes from the original hunter x hunter but whatever :P I can't wait till the next arc!
Mar 4, 2012 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
nothing much happen but good episode still, that Hisoka is sure a maniac
Mar 4, 2012 6:50 AM

Feb 2012
basabeo said:
I am not exactly sure why they cut out a lot of scenes from the original hunter x hunter but whatever :P I can't wait till the next arc!

Because this series is not a remake of the original series, but rather they're adapting the source material - manga. To a lot of readers, manga is the true canon. What you think is a 'cut a lot of scenes' were actually fillers from the old series that were never in the manga. This series follow a lot closer to how the author had it in the manga.

The running to airport part at the end is an added on by the new series which I thought was a nice little touch (and closure) to the 1st exam arc.
Mar 4, 2012 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
Decent episode excluding the flashback, the filler at the end and mess around with the converstations, some were supposed to happen before other later. That converstation about Gon's father was for example used in the manga to get Gon to take the card from Satoshi, here it was almost meaningless.
Mar 4, 2012 8:05 AM
Dec 2011
bskbob said:
Hisoka's rape face was priceless!

Yeah,,,I Think So too
Mar 4, 2012 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was alright for a transition episode. I can't wait for the next episode! It's one of my favorite arcs.

Lol, Hisoka rape face... Run, Gon, run!
Mar 4, 2012 9:52 AM

Jul 2011
andreyue said:
Summed it up nicely.

Now that they got their licenses, only thing left is
Mar 4, 2012 11:10 AM
May 2007
ssjathena said:

Unf ♥
Mar 4, 2012 11:47 AM

Feb 2012
It seems like Kurapika design won't change for the next chapter. His costume is the same as always in the preview.

Come on Madhouse, don't be lazy, we have enough with Togashi's lazyness -.-
Mar 4, 2012 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
Shadow-Chan said:
ssjathena said:

epic~
Awesome episode.....Can't wait till they rescue Killua and meet Hisoka again!
Mar 4, 2012 3:00 PM
Mar 2012
So now can we expect a new opening and ending song?
Mar 4, 2012 3:09 PM
Jan 2008
I like how when Hisoka does that face, Illumi just casually walks away, like he knows Hisoka is going crazy again, haha.
Mar 4, 2012 3:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
fishergirl16 said:

Woah. I wonder what he means. Maybe there's some kind of tracking device.

Hmm.. yes, tracking device.
When I was in college my father gave me a gas station credit card to pay for gas - when I landed a part time job off campus I offered to take over the card and start paying for the bills -- he said "No, that's Okay. I get a kick out of seeing where you wander off to during the weekends."

I got my own card not long after.
Mar 4, 2012 4:20 PM
Dec 2007
This really feels like a 20 episodes prologue now that I remember it and some of what will happen next. Every episode of the series that I watch is like a recollection of my past honestly, I hadn't read/seen any HxH in the last 5 or 6 years maybe and this part of the manga was published in my country like 10 or 11 years ago so I always feel very nostalgic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 4, 2012 4:32 PM

Feb 2011
Loved the Togashi-Doggie in the taxi.
Rest was ok, I guess.

@ Salce
What the duck? Why should they change it? It doesn't have anything to do with "lazyness". They just went directly to Kukuroo Mountain, without any sideseeing or shopping. His outfit will change soon enough.
Mar 4, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Kuchenlight said:
@ Salce
What the duck? Why should they change it? It doesn't have anything to do with "lazyness". They just went directly to Kukuroo Mountain, without any sideseeing or shopping. His outfit will change soon enough.

He changes his outfit in the manga.
Probably Madhouse didn't change it because this way they avoided making another clothe design.
BennyDelonMar 4, 2012 5:59 PM
Mar 4, 2012 6:33 PM

Oct 2007
Kuchenlight said:
Loved the Togashi-Doggie in the taxi.

So glad I'm not the only one who caught that! I've still been keeping my eyes out for the little things Togashi threw into the 1998 anime and manga - the Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon dolls in Milluki's computer room should be coming up. I really hope they include it again.

It's a wrap-up episode and not a lot of movement plot-wise happened, but I still enjoyed this episode a bunch. It set up a lot of what's to come and gave us more of that first taste of Hisoka and Illumi's relationship.

I would like if Kurapika's outfit changed in the next episode. If it doesn't, it's definitely the animation company being lazy. I kinda take offense to that being compared to Togashi "being lazy," though. The guy's been sick, overworked and has at least two kids. Give him a break, feebas.
Mar 4, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
AriSky said:
I would like if Kurapika's outfit changed in the next episode. If it doesn't, it's definitely the animation company being lazy. I kinda take offense to that being compared to Togashi "being lazy," though. The guy's been sick, overworked and has at least two kids. Give him a break, feebas.[/color]

Yeah, I was kinda joking.
I mean, is clear that Togashi isn't a workaholic as others mangakas, but I don't think bad of him. His bad weekly drawings and hiatus doesn't really bother me that much. After all, he is more than 40 years old, and the job of a mangaka is pretty hard. I myself wouldn't be able to keep a routine of sleeping just 4 hours every night.
Mar 5, 2012 1:49 AM

Feb 2011
Ah, right. I forgot, he wore that chinese-like top, when going after Killiua, sorry. Probably because it wasn't much of a difference, from the first outfit.

Can't wait for the black and yellow outfit later. That looks pretty damn awesome.
Mar 5, 2012 2:00 AM

Oct 2011
Yea I'd like it if they gave him the cool red jacket thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2010
For some reason Gon's angry face in the first half lacks something. Take out the good voice acting and the expression doesn't work for me. Other than that it was a nice episode. And nice little addition of Togashi self-portrait lol.

I'm kinda expecting them to change Kurapika's outfit, too. If they can't do that then at least change the OP next week for them to not be labeled completely lazy. They're slowly doing a good job in the bgms already.
Mar 5, 2012 6:59 AM

Feb 2012
stormgoddess said:
If they can't do that then at least change the OP next week for them to not be labeled completely lazy.

I'm pretty sure that the opening is going to be be changed in episode 25, when the spring season starts. Also Heavens Arena arc will start in that episode.
Mar 5, 2012 9:18 AM

Oct 2011
Yea that's more like it
Mar 5, 2012 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode. When I first started watching I wasn't sure I would like HxH, but now I can't wait for the next episode >.<
Mar 5, 2012 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Hisoka personification is very delightful in this anime, I must say.

Nice episode. :)
Mar 5, 2012 3:09 PM

Sep 2008
Cratex said:
fishergirl16 said:

When I was in college my father gave me a gas station credit card to pay for gas - when I landed a part time job off campus I offered to take over the card and start paying for the bills -- he said "No, that's Okay. I get a kick out of seeing where you wander off to during the weekends."

That is hilarious.

And WTF They have email?? And internet?? And modern cities?? I thought it was just a fantasy world, devoid of our modern technology. Mind. Blown.
Mar 5, 2012 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
Well they did fly in blimps to certain locations of the Hunter Exam... lol
Mar 5, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2011
PoisonMoon said:

And WTF They have email?? And internet?? And modern cities?? I thought it was just a fantasy world, devoid of our modern technology. Mind. Blown.

Back when this happened in the manga, Gon too was totally new to these things and they had to explain everything to him.
It seemed more simple and don't AS advanced, obviously because, that was about 12-13 years ago.
I guess it would've been kinda weird, to explain things like the "e-page" and stuff nowadays.
Mar 7, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
So what did they mean with 'the real exam is just starting', do they refer to the
Mar 7, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2011
PoisonMoon said:
Cratex said:
fishergirl16 said:

That is hilarious.

lol they have iPads
Mar 7, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked the pacing - the exams over with already and am looking forward to the 'Bring Killua back' storyline in motion.

Hisoka always raises questions - even though he speaks about Gon (and co.) 'growing' into something special and we're aware this is an adventure combat series; he still comes across as child perve' material.

exabyte said:
I like how when Hisoka does that face, Illumi just casually walks away, like he knows Hisoka is going crazy again, haha.

Mar 7, 2012 7:51 PM

Feb 2011
arnxx said:
So what did they mean with 'the real exam is just starting', do they refer to the

They meant...
Mar 7, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2011
the ending of the hunter arc :D i hope they keep on going and going past the ova's and 1999 version
Mar 8, 2012 9:00 PM
Feb 2012
I think perhaps the reason Kurapica's outfit does not change is because the arc will be only like 3 or 4 episodes long and then he never wears the red outfit again.

They did the same sorta thing with Leorio's glasses. Leorio was supposed to lose them while fighting Hisoka. He somehow gains them back in the final exam. He does not
lose them in the 2011 series.
May 17, 2012 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
A nice conclusion to the Hunter exam arc. I hope they go through the Killua part faster than they did in the 1999 version because after that is when this series really starts to become amazing.
Jul 8, 2012 1:08 PM

Jan 2012
taka finally dropped it. a lot of catching up to do for me...

the REAL exam... it so fcking cliche!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 13, 2012 5:57 AM

Jun 2009
Great opening arc. I am so fucking addicted to this series now. Too bad Kurapika isn't donning the red clothes this time around. I like how in this version there was no hesitation at all for him and Leorio to join Gon, I think in the 1999 version they were going to split up but ended up going with him.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 10, 2012 9:47 AM

Mar 2007
You people are posting spoilers.

Hiyonin said:
This episode was alright for a transition episode. I can't wait for the next episode! It's one of my favorite arcs.

Lol, Hisoka rape face... Run, Gon, run!

Just for that this episode gets a 5/5. *lol*
Mar 25, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2008
I am so thoroughly convinced that either Naruto directly ripped off every single bit of plot from Hunter x Hunter or vice versa. I've lost count of the similarities in the events. The only differences I see between the 2 anime are that Hunter x Hunter has less fights, no shit humour and the whole main cast doesn't suck.
Mar 25, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
5layer said:
I am so thoroughly convinced that either Naruto directly ripped off every single bit of plot from Hunter x Hunter or vice versa. I've lost count of the similarities in the events. The only differences I see between the 2 anime are that Hunter x Hunter has less fights, no shit humour and the whole main cast doesn't suck.

Hunter x Hunter came first.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.