Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2012
I haven't watched enough of it yet to really make a a fair judgement of how I'll end up feeling about it, but I'm not really feeling Guilty Crown so far...
Feb 15, 2013 2:51 AM

Nov 2010
EpicKayful said:
Sakurasou because things cannot move on.....

for gods sake man... it's not even finished!

ot:
not realy a disapointment but Ao no Exorcist... started it because 1) started a lot of shows that season and 2) son of satan? how can this turn out to be bad?

well it kind of did :s the "son of satan" imo was just a whining idiot :s allthough (a few) badass moments halfway somewhere i just gave up on trying to like him. and then the serie on it's own... you would expect with the synopsis the show would be packed to the brim with action and monsters from the deepest parts of hell and what not... we got a school SOL anime -_-

but hey, people liked it so let's just say it wasn't my cup'a tea
kickthebucketFeb 15, 2013 2:57 AM
Feb 15, 2013 2:56 AM
Jan 2013
Code Geass:

Not expecting much, but I'll check it out

--then--

Hey, it's ok....addictive...

--then--

I hate it and I'm dropping it enough is enough I hate Lelouch
Feb 15, 2013 6:10 AM

Apr 2008
The last 4 episodes of Terra E...ruined what had been perfection up to that point
Feb 15, 2013 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
Seeing how amazing the animation is in 11eyes, and then realizing everyone on MAL hates it.

Generally when everyone hates it, AND the rating is low, it probably sucks. :(
Feb 15, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
Daitrombe said:
Every ending in the Steins;Gate novel aside from the true end, my god mediocrity at its finest.

Kinda expected but the DmC remake as well.

The game?

Whaaaat? The new DMC game is awesome. They fixed the retarded controls from DMC 4 and made Dante more of a real person.

He looks stupid, but at least more of the game makes sense now.

And my god, the music. Nosia making metal music is something special.
Feb 15, 2013 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
Get your tomatoes ready, ladies and gents. *takes a deep breath*

I nearly fell asleep reading the first chapter of Berserk.
Feb 15, 2013 7:46 AM

May 2011
Solvite said:
The game?

Whaaaat? The new DMC game is awesome. They fixed the retarded controls from DMC 4 and made Dante more of a real person.

Awesome? Forced color coded enemies and ridiculous amounts of platforming are not what I look for in a Devil May Cry game, the uninspired weapons didn't help at all either, not to mention the stupidly lazy and disappointing Devil Trigger.

Also the last boss was a complete joke, easier than the first boss in the game.

I won't even get into a discussion on the story or characters, they are just so bad it's not worth wasting breath over them.
Feb 15, 2013 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
Daitrombe said:
Solvite said:
The game?

Awesome? Forced color coded enemies and ridiculous amounts of platforming are not what I look for in a Devil May Cry game, the uninspired weapons didn't help at all either, not to mention the stupidly lazy and disappointing Devil Trigger.

Also the last boss was a complete joke, easier than the first boss in the game.

I won't even get into a discussion on the story or characters, they are just so bad it's not worth wasting breath over them.

I agree with the Devil Trigger point.
Feb 15, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2010
TheJareBox said:
Get your tomatoes ready, ladies and gents. *takes a deep breath*

I nearly fell asleep reading the first chapter of Berserk.

Berserk doesn't even start until volume 4.

The first 3 volumes aren't well done, nor do they contain anything that they go back to (other than the discovery of Puck). They're meant to show you a sign of what is to come, but it doesn't really do a good job with that.
Feb 21, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
Berserk, the last 5 eps were decent though
Feb 21, 2013 6:08 PM

Mar 2012
Guilty Crown is my most recent 'biggest' disappointment. It's sad really. It's one of those shows I really want to like, but the pacing is the worst I've ever seen for its' content matter. That and the characters have no personality.
Feb 21, 2013 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
HaruHaru304 said:
Guilty Crown is my most recent 'biggest' disappointment. It's sad really. It's one of those shows I really want to like, but the pacing is the worst I've ever seen for its' content matter. That and the characters have no personality.

Greatest trainwreck ever. It's completely inconsistent, riddled with plot holes, and the characters have the complexity of a piece of wood.

Watching it with /a/ was some of my fondest memories.
removed-userFeb 21, 2013 6:26 PM
Feb 22, 2013 12:37 AM

Feb 2013
the first season of fate/zero.well,it not really a disappointment but i expected much more.The series started veeeery good the 40 minutes introductory chapter was great for the ones that are not familiar with the fate series. It then follows an interesting path and in the third and fourth chapters there is some mesmerizing action going on.

The thing i want to complain about is that after chapter 6 there is just to much small talk going on between the characters. come on, i love deep characters that show up their emotions and past but (in chapter 11 or 12 i think it was) the servants who are supposed to kill each other fiercely, just gather in a place and spent the whole chapter just talking about nonsense for instance. At the begining it was nice but it irriitated me afterwards

Having loved fate /state night i hoped this season to be focused more on action given that most of the people that watch the show have already watched its sequel.its not really diappointment is just that i was expecting something different xD.
anyway i still have to watch season 2 so i still have time to change my mind

Feb 22, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2012
quik05 said:
the first season of fate/zero.well,it not really a disappointment but i expected much more....

The thing i want to complain about is that after chapter 6 there is just to much small talk going on between the characters. come on, i love deep characters that show up their emotions and past but (in chapter 11 or 12 i think it was) the servants who are supposed to kill each other fiercely, just gather in a place and spent the whole chapter just talking about nonsense for instance. At the begining it was nice but it irriitated me afterwards
I dropped that series right then and there.

One servant goes, "I have the awesomest power and can easily defeat everyone, but I'd rather alert everyone to my presence while I brag rather than win the game, which I could have done already if I had employed some strategy instead of going on this pretentious rant just so this anime could last another season."

Another servant goes, "I must not let the other servants kill each other even though that's the goal of the game because of honor! This game is so important for the sake of peace in the universe, but my ego and character development is more important than winning. Ha ha ha!"

Third servant is like, "I'm an assassin that hides in the shadows waiting for the perfect opportunity to attack my prey, except once I jump out, I will go on a half-episode rant, completely defeating the purpose of hiding in the shadows to begin with, but then I'll act really crazy and it will give me street cred."
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 22, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
Rawrol said:
Fuzzhx said:
Gundam 00 Movie

Agreed. The ending was terrible.

I thought 00 was a lackluster Gundam show but the movie was just horrific, horrific!

My latest disappointment was the ending of Terra E - which had been one of the best shows ever made up until it screwed up at the end bringing in an endless barrage of cliches and diverting from the manga.
Feb 22, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
2nd half of Zetsuen no Tempest. I thought the light-mood would end in a few episodes, but no.
Feb 22, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2011
Senran Kagura was very entertaining ... in a way. But that entertainment value was easily diminished by Hibari's (the pink-haired chick) uselessness and pointlessness to the story. She's just there to even up the numbers. And Yagyuu as well. Annoying as fuck. I never thought I'd find a pair I'd find more annoying than the Sakuras (from Naruto and Code;Breaker), but this one did it for me.
Feb 22, 2013 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Xam'd lost memories - show with huge potential, had lots of interesting characters but got dragged down in second half by stupid characters, drama and lack of development.
Feb 22, 2013 4:27 PM
Feb 2013
Mirai Nikki
Feb 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Jan 2012
Mayouu Maou Yuusha

You'd think the people associated with S&W would do a better job :C
Feb 22, 2013 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
Clannad AS
Maybe because Clannad was already so good and I loved it so much; and many people say it's so awesome and it's ranked in the top 5 here. But the first half of AS was so damn slow and slice of life. Of course it was still good later on, but it did not meet my expectations.

Also: SAO
My most anticipated show of summer 2012; but dropped it after a few eps already
Feb 22, 2013 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

If the whole series was in the same style as the first 2 episodes then it could have been a great anime with a kickass female MC along with all the gore, political machinations, profound moral lessons, mecha action, suspense & despair.

But nooooo, they just had to turn it into a shallow fan-service-filled harem anime (complete with obligatory oblivious male MC) which just happened to have mechs & some superficial moral lessons almost as an afterthought.

The relationships between the characters felt forced and it was just so irritating to watch. Wanted to see giant space bugs get splattered by mechs - not some confused woman who blushes all the time and can't get her act together as if this was some sort of second-rate high school romance.

I'm not even one of those people who are allergic to fan-service/harems. I've seen a whole bunch of them and enjoyed the majority of those but it completely ruined this anime.

There was a lot more wrong with Muv-Luv but i'm too lazy to type it all up.

Very disappointed.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Feb 22, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2012
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10213/Maji_de_Watashi_ni_Koi_Shinasai!

(Note: I watched this before reading what was translated in the VN.)

I was looking for a random harem show with a good chunk of action thinking this would satisfy my request. I watched the first episode and I liked it. It threw everything at me at once, but I didn't care because I wanted to see some swords clash, some punches thrown, some bodies flying, and one guy (the protagonist) have a battle harem fight for him while he did all the planning, thinking, and strategics.

Needless to say, the filler that immediately followed wasn't worth shit. The action picked up waaaay later, but nothing made sense.

I started reading the VN. Then I realized that the show was a horrible adaptation. The show would have been much better as a slice-of-life/comedy with emphasis on the relationship among the members of the "Kazama Family," which starts out with 7 people but later grows to 9 by the time the protagonist gets to choose a heroine.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 22, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2009
Snax-chan said:
Mayouu Maou Yuusha

You'd think the people associated with S&W would do a better job :C

Indeed, I really liked that Walrus episode, but the follow-up was terrible.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 22, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2008
Nabari no Ou.

The characters...the development...Jeez. Awful.
Feb 23, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
Without a doubt, Fate/Stay Night

It's so fun bashing on this show LOL
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 23, 2013 4:41 AM

Mar 2012
Sekirei
Feb 23, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Angel Beats!
Most people said that it was very sad and funny at the same time and also that it was a very good series. However, for some reason I did not find anything very sad in it(might have been a result of watching Anohana right before it). It wasn't a complete disappointment, but I definitely did not find it to be as good as I expected either.
Feb 23, 2013 5:29 AM

Dec 2012
SAM10795 said:
Angel Beats!
Most people said that it was very sad and funny at the same time and also that it was a very good series. However, for some reason I did not find anything very sad in it(might have been a result of watching Anohana right before it). It wasn't a complete disappointment, but I definitely did not find it to be as good as I expected either.

You found ano hana sadder than angel beats!!!?
yea because melodramtic moments with teenagers who are crying about thier childhood ( which they remember clear as day for whatever reason ) is waaaay sadder than
Yea bro ano hana is way sadder /extreme sarcasm
Feb 23, 2013 5:37 AM

Feb 2013
SAO could have been much better.

You go from a real threat of dieing and a tense story to pixies with respawns. The video game element seemed to disappear and i didn't care much for the love story which that is saying something. I still enjoyed it but it had a lot more potential.
Feb 23, 2013 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
yea because melodramtic moments with teenagers who are crying about thier childhood ( which they remember clear as day for whatever reason ) is waaaay sadder than

Angel Beats may have more shock value in this regard, but all in all the introspective into loss and feelings of guilt that is AnoHana had more impact on me. I really liked Angel Beats but in terms of sadness it fails to me.

Just accept it bro, there are no rights or wrongs in terms of emotions created by anime. It's completely personal and to criticize someone for having other emotions than you is plainly stupid.

Back to topic:
My latest disappointment is Sasami-San@Ganbaranai. While it looks gorgeous, it's writing seems so incredibly lazy compared to other SHAFT shows which are mostly masterpieces in terms of writing.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Feb 23, 2013 1:38 PM
Dec 2012
Sword Art Online. what a crappy cast of characters

Elfen Lied. really expected something deep but the random fan service scenes really pulled it down, along with the Kouta's boring, cliche character.
Feb 23, 2013 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Rosario + Vampire
I've expected much from this anime. The first reason it's the lack of a true story. There are also the fact that the characters doesn't really evolve during these 13 episodes (mainly Tsukune ><).
And one more thing, too much... panties ><
Feb 23, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
SAM10795 said:
Angel Beats!

You were disappointed in the series since you didn't think it was sad enough? Or I didn't really get it :/
tsudecimo said:

So umm, didn't you guys find the train incident with Yuzuru sad at all? It topped all the sad AB + Ano Hana moments for me :/

Last show I was really disappointed in was SAO, I had really high expectations for this series but then they all went downhill >__> even if the characters were pretty boring to begin with I still thought the series was cool, but after ep 8 or so, I just couldn't keep my hopes up anymore. Heard the second season was even worse too :/

Another anime I'm disappointed in atm would be Magi, It's painful to watch all that potential which you see in the manga go down the drain while they apply changes in the anime :<
Feb 23, 2013 3:19 PM
Feb 2010
little busters
Feb 23, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
The 08th MS Team - I actually liked this one. But if it was supposed to be a gritty war drama (with Gundams), the writers should have spent a lot more time developing the characters. There were some good character moments, but the lack of development definitely affected both the main romance and any general sense of camaraderie.
Feb 23, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
ElevenCD said:
Rosario + Vampire
I've expected much from this anime. The first reason it's the lack of a true story. There are also the fact that the characters doesn't really evolve during these 13 episodes (mainly Tsukune ><).
And one more thing, too much... panties ><
Read the manga and you will see the difference.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 27, 2013 9:20 PM
Jul 2012
fate/zero (particularly the 2nd season)

Just about every character can be partitioned into 2 categories: the emos and the egos.

Also the story is haphazardly developed and awkwardly paced. Also hearing rants about PRIDE, HONOR, and CHIVALRY to describe/justify everything gets annoying after a while. Guess it wasn't my cup of tea.
Feb 27, 2013 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
Little Busters! - Komari's arc was sooooooooooooo awful. Comedy was bleh, baseball theme felt random, and that stupid Key supernatural junk they like to throw in.

Amnesia - The plot looked so interesting. :c Even after I saw the lulzy clothing styles of the characters, I watched it. And then after 4 episodes, I couldn't take it. Some reverse harem that failed to do anything with its storyline.

Plus every other winter show I watched besides Mondaji and possibly Kotoura san.
Feb 27, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2009
Chihayafuru- Tried it again, after dropping it awhile ago. Just couldn't get into it, too much melodrama, yeah they have sad pasts, doesn't mean you can cry like every episode.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 27, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
I just watched 3.33, which I was eagerly anticipating after enjoying 2.22 quite a bit. Boy was I surprised, I thought Anno would have got it right after two tries... Hopefully the final movie will bring things together in a spectacular way.

Feb 27, 2013 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Taku33 said:
Little Busters! - Komari's arc was sooooooooooooo awful. Comedy was bleh, baseball theme felt random, and that stupid Key supernatural junk they like to throw in.

Amnesia - The plot looked so interesting. :c Even after I saw the lulzy clothing styles of the characters, I watched it. And then after 4 episodes, I couldn't take it. Some reverse harem that failed to do anything with its storyline.

Plus every other winter show I watched besides Mondaji and possibly Kotoura san.
Gotta agree with Amnesia, ugh. I tried so hard to like it but the protag just ruined it for me. How a harem can start with such a dull protag is beyond my comprehension.
Feb 27, 2013 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
Higurashi because I already read too much spoiler.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 27, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2012
Ending of Pandora hearts.

Feb 27, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
Looterz said:
Ending of Pandora hearts.

Agreed 100%, Square Enix shouldn't be allowed to do anime original endings (Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist).

OT: Amnesia, the female MC is boring to say the least and makes the entire show irritating to watch.

Also Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru and Little Busters
Feb 28, 2013 10:03 PM

Aug 2011
minami-ke okawari

minami-ke was such a lighthearted and funny anime with lighthearted characters with good character designs

then there goes minami-ke... tries to be lighthearted, tries to be funny, but... it's not. the characters personalities changed too

(yeah i know the studio changed but i only found out about this after i torrented it)
Feb 28, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Toaru Majutsu no Index

Well I watched Railgun first and many people were saying that it still couldn't compare to Index.I personally enjoyed Railgun more, but I've only seen a little bit of Index, so maybe it will get better :P

No it won't.
Feb 28, 2013 10:35 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Forgetfulness said:
Toaru Majutsu no Index

Well I watched Railgun first and many people were saying that it still couldn't compare to Index.I personally enjoyed Railgun more, but I've only seen a little bit of Index, so maybe it will get better :P
No it won't.
+1
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Pages (58) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - Apr 24

20 by Jackof-allspades »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Apr 27

51 by lilyungmane »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the term “weeb” offensive?

kusairo - Yesterday

31 by ReaperCreeper »»
16 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

20 by ProGoddess »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - Yesterday

29 by ProGoddess »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.