Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 19, 2011 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
I knew it. I felt that the situation was wrong for Menma to disappear. I was crying though xD.

Everyone's feelings were completely revealed :)

Such a beautiful episode.
I love Jin-tan more than anything.

5/5
Dec 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Aug 2011
i kinda had a feeling that it was going to work though i wanted it too i wonder what her wish is? it has to be something to do with jinta's mom. really sad with the whole relationship thing all this unrequited is sad :(

next is the last episode hopefully a happy ending :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
Very touching episode. Now for the last one..
Dec 17, 2011 10:02 AM

Dec 2007
It's always bittersweet to see something end. Jinta understands this, but is still living in the past. Not as much as yatsuhashi though because rubbing his face against a wig is just creepy.
Dec 28, 2011 4:53 AM

Dec 2010
It's like the whole thing can't get sadder. I guess she can't pass out until all of her friends are ready to let her go. I'm sure it's because of Jintan she's still here. But just one episode to finish everything... For a story drawing me this much in itself... I really get the feeling, that it will end within blink of an eye... just like what happens in our real lives...
Feb 12, 2012 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
Qashqai said:
So, as far as I understand Japanese (not much), Menma's wish was something about Jintan, huh (since she called the gang to do something for Jintan)? And it must've been a request from Jintan's mom. Can't wait to see what it actually was.

It does really seem like Menma's wish is related to something Jintan's mother may have said! I didn't think she'd leave after the fireworks - somehow, that would've been too simple... and left too many loose ends. (Even though creating the fireworks was anything but simple for the gang.)

Have to say, Menma's brother is a great character. Well, hard to say maybe because we haven't seen much of him, but he gives off good vibes.
Mar 18, 2012 2:37 PM
Mar 2010
WHY DO I KEEP CRYING?!

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
May 2, 2012 8:28 PM

Feb 2012
THIS ANIME........THIS ANIME...........made me CRY a little.
May 18, 2012 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Tsurumi... you made me tear. T^T
You are definitely my favorite character.

I knew she wouldn't pass on because of the firework because there's so much leading up to another thing.

Last episode will probably be sad...
Jun 21, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2011
As expected, it wasn't her wish. I have to admit that the firework scene moved me, no crying though :/
Jul 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
I've cried so many times because of this anime.. Well, now there's the last episode..
Jul 16, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
I really feel sad for everyone..

I guess Menma didnt leave because of her attachment to Jintan and also vice versa. If not, why would she appear in front of him in the first place?
Jul 24, 2012 6:34 AM

May 2012
Was sad but actually happy she didn't disappeared! I do wonder what the last episode will show us!
Aug 16, 2012 12:00 AM

Apr 2009
DAMNIT MENMA. Why are you still there D:
Sep 8, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
Emotions sure welled up when the firework was lit up...
Oct 4, 2012 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder what is Menma's wish.
Oct 10, 2012 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
This is getting extremely frustrating. I just wish Menma has vanished already.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Oct 18, 2012 10:58 PM

Feb 2012
Well, this already made me cry.

<3 this show.
Jan 4, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
such a sad episode :(

Jintan invited Menma's parents!

Menma's mother doesn't even know how tall Menma's brother is?

of course Menma's brother is suffering, it's not just you mother.

the party was pretty much only Poppo and Menma XD

wow they re-enacted the scene from where they were little!

Jintan finally admits he does like Menma.

Naruko crying makes my heart weep T____T

and wow Tsurumi does like Matsuyuki huh?

even she has to accept that Matsuyuki will forever love Menma, just like Naruko has to accept it :(

you can still go out with me Naruko!!!!

we get to see Menma and Yadomi's mother having a conversation :D

love Tsurumi's new look :D

ahaha she basically lied it's because of her new outlook in life XD

Menma's brother came and and her mother and father stayed in the car.

Poppo is definitely the one that can talk through all of this ^^

Jintan badly wants to stop this, but Matsuyki won't let him :P

for once i respect you Matsuyuki :P

when the rocket launched, my hair strands stand up :O

such an emotional scene.

so the rocket wasn't her wish, it's probably the reunion of everyone and not hold any grudge at each other.

last episode :(

still wished this was a 20+ episode series!

why does awesome anime like this only lasts a few episodes?!?!

Eden of the East, Canaan, Darker Than Black Ryusei no Gemini all needed more episodes to be honest.

last episode, her wish will be revealed and hopefully im right T___T
Jan 20, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
yeeees! she stills here! just 1 more episode D:
Jan 20, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
I finally cried T__T.Throughout the whole anime I was waiting for that one moment that would make me cry and I found it T__T.

The scene where they were about to shoot the firework.And then when Jintan keeping thinking about stopping the firework,but when tries to stop the firework it was already too late.Then the music starts at the perfect moment.We get to see everyone reactions to the firework launching.The firework display it self was boring but I was too busy crying to care.Then we hear Menma's voice and I felt happy yet upset and was crying at the same time because she didn't disappear.

Only one episode left hopefully I cry as much as I did this episode T__T.
VanishingKiraJan 20, 2013 7:39 PM
Mar 22, 2013 7:13 PM
Jul 2018

Menma was still around? So that means her wish is not to make a firework.
Mar 28, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
It's not Menma's wish?! o.o
May 23, 2013 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm. Seems like it wasn't her wish. Would fell awkward if it ended like that.
May 31, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
I can't say I'm not happy that Menma didn't disappear, but I wonder how will it end.

Jun 9, 2013 9:38 PM
Jan 2013
I came so close to crying when that rocket went up.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 21, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
what?? what are they gonna do for the last ep?
oh well
Jun 24, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
I had a feeling that wasn't Menma's wish!
Jul 6, 2013 1:11 AM

Jul 2011
I actually cried in this episode for some reason..when the firework launched I cried for a bit..and than menma appeared again and I was like "Oh.."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
I was actually anticipating Yadomi to try and stop the firework launch. It's not like he'd be able to anyway, but it'd cause more drama.
Aug 15, 2013 7:02 AM

Sep 2012
I want to see how will this end
Sep 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Oct 2009
Yukiatsu was creepy again :S
I really hope Anaru and Jintan get together, and Tsuroko with Yukiatsu even though i don't like him >.<
Maybe it was because Jintan wished she stayed??
Oct 5, 2013 2:19 PM

May 2013
This is getting intense..
screw you yuki kun
Dec 4, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2013
Jinta is such a selfish asshole: Do you really need others when I'm here?

This is one of the most depressing episodes so far, I'm loving it, also feel bad for Tsurumi.
Dec 15, 2013 7:19 PM
Feb 2013
I knew she wasn't going to disappear, there is something else, something bigger, I know it.
Dec 26, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was amusing to see, so emotional btw.

Now Anaru and Tsuruko revealed their true feelings from Jintan and Yukiatsu respectively.

Yukiatsu should stop being an idiot to Jintan from their past experience, at least have fun from the party.

Time to fulfill Menma's wish by launching a firework to the skies. I hope the last episode will bring tears to my eyes.

Jan 31, 2014 1:17 PM
Feb 2008
This girls have some bad taste! How can they pine over Jintan and Yukiasshole when the main man Popo is standing right before them?

I loved at how Tsuruko got a haircut to let some of the less attentive viewers know she just had a chunk of character development at admitting to her crush for that scumbug Yukiatsuo. I do feel legitmately bad for Anaru because it's so obvious that she likes him and Jintan can't move on from Menma and his mom's death. I think that's what it basically boils down too he can't deal with being alone and 2 very important women to him died.

Once he stops living in the past and accepts that they're gone Menma will finally be able to rest and he can move on.
Feb 5, 2014 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
Man, when the ED started to play at the end, I got goosebumps.

Tsuruko's new haircut makes her look very pretty ^__^

And, dammit, what could Menma's wish be?!!
Mar 23, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
Aaaaaand, I cried.
Damnit, you fucking tear jerker :(

Anyway, it was a great episode and yet, the preview made me even more sad...

When Jin-tan tried to stop it at the last second, that's where I started to cry. All his expression of despair was difficult to bear.

Yet, I'm just so fucking scared. You know, if she didn't dissapear, that mean that it wasn't her true wish. But we saw her in the beginning of the episode that she was starting to fade away. Does that mean that she about to dissapear and continue wandering as ghost forever? Or does that mean that her wish had been already fulfiled? I said it before, I think that her wish is that the group stay together forever.

I was so curious about what Jin-tan mother told to Menma. I'm a bit deceived by what it was, but it was still a good scene.

Tsuruko finally stopping being passive. Jin-tan also have been able to correct the shot from 5 years before. It was still a bit cruel what they did...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 16, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
only one more episode left, i guess we'll see what Menma's wish actually was and whether she will disappear or not.
May 15, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2012
I bet her wish is for Jinta to grow a pair.
May 16, 2014 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
I had a feeling that she might not disappear after the rocket launch, and it seems like I was right. I'm about to start watching the final episode and I wonder what kind of ending it will have, since things seemed to have been left at a quite awkward situation.
May 18, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2012
Well it was pretty obvious menma wasn't going to disappear.
May 25, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
The theme songs for this anime is just perfect.
Playing the ending theme right when the fireworks went off brought tears to my eyes, such a sad scene and such a beautiful song.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 26, 2014 12:48 AM

Nov 2013
dragonlight said:
Well it was pretty obvious menma wasn't going to disappear.

it was obvious but it still gave me the feels
Jun 20, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2011
Crap. I teared up at the end. ;-;

Chiriko's feelings have finally come out. Yukiatsu seems pretty dense.

Even though it's a little odd given the circumstances, I'm glad Jinta finally confessed. It was really cute hearing Menma speculate that they might have gotten married had she not died... cute, but sad. I think Jinta's suggestion that she stay around is asking a lot, though. I mean, yeah, who'd want to lose their friend like that. She died, though, so... Idk. It sucks.

Annnnnnd Yukiatsu is still really, really messed up.

I'm glad Menma's family showed up. The mom in particular really needs help letting go... The look on Menma's face when she saw her brother was priceless. I feel bad for Poppo, though. He seems really attached to her himself, yet I don't think it's in the way Jinta or Yukiatsu is.

Speaking of Menma, she really put on a brave face for everyone in trying to go to Heaven. The way she looked at herself after the fireworks went off... she's clueless as to why she's still around. I know we're feeling bad for the others, but Menma's situation sucks too.

Only one episode left? Nooooooo. ;-;

Edit: Wait, how does this end if Menma doesn't end up leaving? Hmm...
TripleSRankJun 20, 2014 10:37 PM
Jul 7, 2014 2:15 AM

Feb 2013
Cried....just cried.....like......I haven't cried like this....in a long time.....I can barely write this.....I cried like I couldn't cry anymore.....and I have another episode to watch??????????

Fuck me.....fuck me for having emotions..............I'm...........
Sep 1, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
It's actually quite obvious that Menma wouldn't disappear after the firework blasting. It's just too banal for a wish that'd let her rest in peace. The last episode would be a huge blast of feels, I'm sure of that. It's from the writer of Nagi No Asukara after all.

At least let it be a happy ending. If it ends with a sad note, I'd be bawling everytime I hear Secret Base.

Feels/10
HachiKirraSep 1, 2014 11:58 AM
Sep 10, 2014 12:40 AM

Nov 2013
HOORAY FOR PLOT ARMOR! OF COURSE MENMA DOESN'T DIE! GODDAMMIT I HATE THAT BITCH! If she doesn't die next episode, this anime is getting a 5/10 from me.

Sep 10, 2014 12:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I never hated her and you have to understand the feelings of every character.

Menma cannot die anymore, because she is already dead. She died there 10 years ago during an accident.

Ano Hana is centered around the characters, there development influenced by the death of one of their best friends in early childhood and also there feelings. Thats make the show a really great one. I cannot say it can go to the level from Clannad AS, but at least it is also very well done in my opinion.

You want that Menma disappeared ? Watch the final episode and understand the feelings of the characters, especially that one from Jintan.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.