3It was OK
3.3%
2Disliked it
1.0%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.8
917 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2011 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone's feeling revealed. Nice revelations.

Menma didn't go, though, even after firework was lit.
tsubasaloverJun 16, 2011 9:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 16, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
D: Next ep , Tsuruko's spec was taken out and rhere are drips of tears on it. D': I wonder what happened.. Anyways a great ep .~:D hahas...
HaruchinJun 16, 2011 9:49 AM
Jun 16, 2011 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
I...eh...sorry...I....I..think....Episode...

forget it, my mind is full of fuck.
Jun 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
So much crying in this ep :( I was a bit mad when Menma was still there after the fireworks. I can't wait for the next ep, I wonder what's wrong with Tsuruko.
Oh ya, the ED changed a bit~
Jun 16, 2011 12:03 PM
Jan 2010
I think... I don't like Tsuruko with short hair...

Unless there's a time skip or something I don't think Naruko and/or Tsuruko will have their "happy" ending.
meme-chanJun 16, 2011 12:07 PM
Jun 16, 2011 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
I'm not following the series at the moment but still follow the discussions at various places...and...I had to LOL hard when I learned that even Poppo is Menma-sexual.

Tsuruko and Anaru are clearly caught in the wrong series. Wish I could turn on my yuri goggles out of pity for those two, but it doesn't look like anything will ever come out of it.
viMALJun 16, 2011 12:27 PM
Jun 16, 2011 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
I KNEW IT WASNT HER WISH!!!
I had a feeling it wasnt! I felt her wish has to be somthing really meaningful and spontaneous, so just fireworks? I never really thought that was her wish...

Anaru is so cute crying....I love Anaru and Tsuruko's relationship!

And WTH Yukiatsu, I thought you stopped being a creep! HES JUST THE SAME BITCHY-CREEPY GUY! *VOMITS*

The reunion of Menma and her brother was so sweet!
Of course she would cry! ;__;

AND ISNT THE LAST EPISODE NEXT WEEK! T___T
I CANT DO THIS!!! T____T

I CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW ON EARTH IT WILL END!!!

What I want to happen next episode is:

cheesy, but it could happen! XDD
Jun 16, 2011 12:44 PM

Mar 2009
Err, I think Poppo is broken... X'D
I still love the guy though <3

;__; I can't wait for the subs. This episode seems really good.
Jun 16, 2011 1:07 PM
May 2009
Let Anaru cut her hair next, please. <3

So, as far as I understand Japanese (not much), Menma's wish was something about Jintan, huh (since she called the gang to do something for Jintan)? And it must've been a request from Jintan's mom. Can't wait to see what it actually was.
Poppo wasn't broken, he just did the same thing he did "that day". Just with a bit less of enthusiasm. :)
Menma and Jintan's talk after the confession was cute, that wife stuff, I mean. ^^ and Menma said she wants to "attain Nirvana" to be reincarnated and be able to talk with everyone, not just Jinta? That's cute again.
But Yukiatsu never dissapoints me, sniffing his "Menma"'s hair again^^ and saying "lets attain Nirvana" lol.
I felt really sorry for Tsuruko when she said that Yukiatsu will never choose her, because even if Menma dissapears, he'll choose Anaru who doesn't want him. Even though I ship Yukiatsu/Anaru. :P though that haircut basically tells me that, unlike Anaru, she moves on (standard anime symbol).
Also, big b'awww at Jintan thinking "I'm sorry, Menma, but at that time I thought I'm happy you didn't dissapear".
About preview, I think Tsuruko's crying about something related to Menma (well duh, it'll be the last episode of the anime basically dedicated to Menma), as it's shown that Jintan tells something to everyone, then Tsuruko's crying, Poppo's clenching his hand...
QashqaiJun 16, 2011 1:35 PM
Jun 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
meme-chan said:
Unless there's a time skip or something I don't think Naruko and/or Tsuruko will have their "happy" ending.
I don't like the sound of that at all. Unless Naruko/Tsuruko move their game up, it shall not work out at all indeed.
geezer said:
I had to LOL hard when I learned that even Poppo is Menma-sexual.
I think Poppo can get plenty of sex while traveling. You would be surprised at how easy it is to do with a girl in one country and then another in another country and repeat the cycle. Just a TBH IMO thing.
Qashqai said:
Menma and Jintan's talk after the confession was cute, that wife stuff, I mean. ^^ and Menma said she wants to "attain Nirvana" to be reincarnated and be able to talk with everyone, not just Jinta? That's cute again.
But Yukiatsu never dissapoints me, sniffing his "Menma"'s hair again^^ and saying "lets attain Nirvana" lol.
That sounds creepy cause it made me thinkg of suicide groups. That exists a lot in Japan and I would not be surprised if it may happen. Got to ask yourself, what do these kids got to lose by doing that? The answer is nothing but being with Menma and attaining Nirvana with her all together. This could be Menma's wish but if that's what it is then clearly she lost her mind. Can't blame her in regards to that because she is a airhead. Getting scary thoughts so I will stop there but I do guarantee if all suicide next episode, it shall be a crazy end indeed. Never saw something like in anime except in one or 2 series and some Japanese movies like Suicide Club. Rings a bell?
Qashqai said:
I felt really sorry for Tsuruko when she said that Yukiatsu will never choose her, because even if Menma dissapears, he'll choose Anaru who doesn't want him.
I say fuck you Yukiatsu and stop being a shit to Tsuruko. D:

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 16, 2011 2:27 PM
Sep 2009
I do not see how suicide of the characters would happen. Since suicide rates is at a very high rate in Japan, why would this anime promote suicide as an answer to relieve people from their problems. I just think this anime would just send a wrong message if suicide does occur.
Jun 16, 2011 2:38 PM

May 2010
Dat Dead Girl's Harem.

Tsuruko finally gave the show a tear, I waited 10 long episodes & it pretty much satisfied me. Even Yukiatsu was in shock,lol.. I enjoy Tsuruko not overly dwelling about Menma like everyone else has.. At this point I don't even care for the shippings anymore. I just want to see the last episode contain or at least give off the feeling that Tsuruko&Anaru are best friends again, could care less for the boys maintaining the friendship right now..The realistic situation the girls are are in, is completely relate-able, at least I can relate to it.. Which leads me to care more about Tsuru&Anaru, Yuki/Jin just make them both feel like shit ... As for Tsuru cutting her hair - I'm not digging it even though it means she's over the past.. Hope Anaru gets over Jinta/past without cutting anything, lol.

So, Jintan became pathetic to me again...Anaru's words about Menma leaving "again" struck home to the extent that he didn't want her to go.. All I thought in the last scene was, him being selfish with Menma, even though he apologized in his mind - I thought his reaction to what he wanted to happen was way too soft compared to others, in their situations..It's no wonder that Yukiatsu gets frustrated with him at times..

Blah popo wasn't broken just repeating what he said "that" day. mehh. Still want him to cry, lol.

Yukiatsu still sniffing Menma related stuff, he doesn't even realize the last two or three episodes he's basically been like this:

I stopped investigating Menma's wish long time ago, even though I knew this firework idea wasn't going to work. Seeing as it's the last episode next week, might as well predict. Probably related to Jinta's mother(as some people said already). Menma having reoccurring thoughts about her is assuring me it's something to do with her. If no that.. I'm completely clueless: Finding a flower for her after all this would be incredibly stupid(so i threw that idea out of the window), getting the gang back together has been done & hearing Jinta's feelings for her didn't do anything but made everyone besides the two sadder.

Preview Clips for the last episode has the least emotional character(Tsuruko) breaking down in tears, it should be a great episode.. More than likely going to be a complete Menma filled episode with people crying about her leaving or w/e & possibly seeing her 1 last time.. && now I wait for subs -.-
RealScreamerJun 16, 2011 3:59 PM
Jun 16, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2008
Well I still hope for a Jinta Anaru bit in the future ..

I dont think Poppo is 'broken' but .. ya

And Yukiatsu.. I still think you're a huge douche.. actually i've never thought otherwise.

And the preview with Tsuruko breaking down in tears...
Jun 16, 2011 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
Yukiatsu wants Anaru because. actually he wants Jintan to be alone when Menma disappear.
this all about Yukiatsu's jealousy toward Jintan

it was obvious firework not Menma's wish.
I think before died, Memma wanted to tell everyone about married and reincarnation...
before Jintan lost his mom, Menma heard from Jintan's mom about reincarnation thing.
maybe back then, Menma wanted to gather everyone at secret base for Jintan and Menma's "mini" wedding ceremony.
Because maybe Menma thought if She marry with Jintan they can have Jintan's mom as their child...
IZUMI64Jun 17, 2011 9:30 AM
Jun 16, 2011 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
I hate Jintan. Anaru deserves so much better. Just let the selfish bastard die alone, forever in love with a dead chick.
Jun 16, 2011 3:44 PM
Sep 2009
Damn, the emotion that anaru showed in this episode really got to me. I really want her to get her wish. Jintan just needs to move on.

Since menma said she will go to heaven and be reincarnated. I picture an ending where Jintan and anaru are married and have a baby named menma.
chinolalJun 16, 2011 3:47 PM
Jun 16, 2011 3:45 PM
Apr 2011
God dammit, Jintan, get your shit together.
Get your fucking shit together.
Jun 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty great episode. It really showed the emotions of all the characters well and displayed their individual reactions to Menma being there.

I'm glad that most all of her family showed up for the fireworks. Not sure if her dad was there, but eh. Probably. I think it was obvious that the fireworks wouldn't be her wish. It was something she wanted but you would never really come back for something like that. Derp, well maybe but eh.

I was under the impression that this would be 12 episodes though. xD I guess I just remembered it wrong, hope the finale is a good one.
Jun 16, 2011 4:00 PM

Jul 2010
I think something surprising will happen in next episode which make menma go to heaven.

i really want Naruko and Tsuroko to get happy ending.
Jun 16, 2011 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
I feel so bad for tsurumi! And I think she will really not end up with yukiatsu (he was freaking creepy in this episode)! And oh god, Anaru too...

I'm sure menma's wish is just a simple wish...
I guess...

I'm so going to cry in the next episode! :'(
Jun 16, 2011 4:12 PM

Nov 2008
LadyOrihime said:
I hate Jintan. Anaru deserves so much better. Just let the selfish bastard die alone, forever in love with a dead chick.

I hate stupid posts , like this ^

chinolal said:
Damn, the emotion that anaru showed in this episode really got to me. I really want her to get her wish. Jintan just needs to move on.

Since menma said she will go to heaven and be reincarnated. I picture an ending where Jintan and anaru are married and have a baby named menma.

While I don't know about the naming .. That is quite the Visual novel "Anaru true route" .. if this was a visual novel haha
Jun 16, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Jintan - just let menma go to heaven for christssake... >.<
Yukiatsu - you're still as creepy as ever, stop hugging/sniffing the wig...
Anaru - ahhh... poor girl, nakanaide
Tsuruko - i love your short hair but it looks thinner than when you were a kid
Poppo - alone forever? nah...
Menma - is what ive said before right?

chaelmi said:
ok, just a guess, i think menma is there because of what jintan's mom might have said to her. i think jintan's mom has a big part on menma being a ghost, maybe jinta's mom has a wish that menma is trying to accomplish. well, its too full of mysteries and i really like the drama on this series! >_<

ok, last episode next week, however it ends, this anime still deservess a 10

Don't Click

AnoHana FTW!
chaelmiiJun 16, 2011 4:53 PM
Jun 16, 2011 4:16 PM

Feb 2009
While I still really do not like the idea of Jintan/Menma as a pairing and found the last few episodes very annoying, this one had me tearing up throughout the entire thing.

Even if I highly dislike Menma, it was hard not to feel depressed at her wanting to go to heaven... the feeling that the show's almost over is settling in now.

Next episode should be very emotional.
Jun 16, 2011 4:18 PM

Oct 2009
The OP single has finally been released and I've been listening to it on repeat since I got it. Such a great song.

Yukiatsu and Tsuruko were wearing different uniforms...I'm guessing it's their prep school one or something? And she finally shows some emotion and cries...

"Please be my friends until the very end", I held out for 10 episodes, but Menma writing that in her notebook is what pushed me over the edge and made me cry... ;_;

Crap, I knew that Jinta was going to bring up how he wanted Menma to stay rather than leave...but I'm glad that Menma has already made up her mind.

I love Tsuruko's new haircut.

When the fireworks launched, I got serious chills. That scene was perfect. But Menma didn't disappear...I really want to know why and what they are going to do next. Only 1 episode left. D:
Jun 16, 2011 4:18 PM

May 2010
Jinta&Irene(Menmom) are quite similar characters...

Menma dies -
Irene: shut in, thinks nothing but Menma, selfish - ignoring her only child. etc
Jinta : shut in, thinks nothing but Menma, selfish - ignoring his friends feelings. etc

The Honma family scene was really good, Satoshi finally said something that triggered Irene & Manbu giving her the final blow~ Hopefully, last episode she cleans her shit up and doesn't look as depressed....

chinolal said:

I hope that kind of ending doesn't occur at all. How awkward would that be - Your first dead love's nickname/love rival's to be your daughter's nickname?lol Menma as stupid as it sounds could be reincarnated into that forget-me-not flower or w/e.
Jun 16, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2010
chinolal said:

I saw that type of ending in a manga. let see. it was ......
Jun 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, Anjou yet again proved to be one of the most emotional characters in anime out there. She feels... so real. Her feelings, her sadness, her tears, everything is as believable as never before. Second after she starts crying, I'm feeling sad too.

I was so relieved when she said that there is no way she would go out with Yukiatsu, even though the end of the last episode strongly implied the possibility. I mean, it would be wrong in so many ways - she would betray her true feelings, she would betray her friend (Tsuruko), and just add another unfortunate character (Tsuruko again) to the story which is sad enough as it is.

The ending I'm hoping for is Menma going to heaven and telling Jintan to move on and be happy also in her place. Anjou would then shout some sense into him too, and help him move on with her. Yukiatsu would finally realize Tsuruko's feelings and give it some thought at least.

And yes, I'm a sucker for truly good endings, we got enough of bad ones in real life.
Jun 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
Well this episode pushes the score up to 9 for me and the final episode will decide if it stays, goes down or goes up into the rare 10 spot.
Jun 16, 2011 4:26 PM

Nov 2008
Let the Jinta Bashing begi- hmm seems people jump right into that

How is he selfish though before all this? Hes a shut in as his life slowly seemingly circled down the drain. His best friend and first love dead, mother dead. Father .. doesnt even know what to do. Hes a mess with no real support.

Hes not 'ignoring' hes trying to push everything onto himself , and regret his actions and then blame himself some more - you can try and argue thats selfish.. but then again you can argue the sky is purple , it doesn't mean you're right.

and the group drifted apart because of EVERYONES actions not his alone. And you want selfish? Take a peep at the one everyone fangirls over Yuki- the hypocrite -atsu whos just a tad* twisted

Rudgald said:
Wow, Anjou yet again proved to be one of the most emotional characters in anime out there. She feels... so real. Her feelings, her sadness, her tears, everything is as believable as never before. Second after she starts crying, I'm feeling sad too.

I was so relieved when she said that there is no way she would go out with Yukiatsu, even though the end of the last episode strongly implied the possibility. I mean, it would be wrong in so many ways - she would betray her true feelings, she would betray her friend (Tsuruko), and just add another unfortunate character (Tsuruko again) to the story which is sad enough as it is.

The ending I'm hoping for is Menma going to heaven and telling Jintan to move on and be happy also in her place. Anjou would then shout some sense into him too, and help him move on with her. Yukiatsu would finally realize Tsuruko's feelings and give it some thought at least.

And yes, I'm a sucker for truly good endings, we got enough of bad ones in real life.

I would much like to see a good end too, I agree with you - we get enough "Bitter sweet" in reality.

And I agree with most of your post
sirwenceJun 16, 2011 4:29 PM
Jun 16, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2009
DUDES it's all about the FLOWER!

just look at the title of the series!
Jun 16, 2011 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
This episode did the following to me:
I shouted PLEASE STOP THIS and still went T_T over 10 times then I raged and I jaw dropped twice.
This episode was therefore the most depressing ever with a constant pace of that.

I will say quickly that it was a automatic T_T @ Anjou in the following,

mainly due to all Tsuruki saying Anjou is next after Menma for Yukiatsu and it's not like that. It's really heart wrenching this episode. More later.

Blaz said:
DUDES it's all about the FLOWER!

just look at the title of the series!

Not only that we also got our clue in the following spoiler
I would like therefore if anyone could find out the flower IRL what it is and its meaning.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 16, 2011 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
"There's something she wanted to do for Jintan."
Am I the only one who caught that int he past couple of episodes? I've a sneaky suspicion its something she wants to do/say for/to Jintan. That's all. Only 1 episode left.. I'll miss this when it's over.
Jun 16, 2011 4:45 PM

Apr 2009
*sees Yukiatsu patting his Menma wig*

...That's it. Yukiatsu's definitely a Menma-obsessed freak.

@the flower thing: It's DEFINITELY not a forget-me-not. Would have been fitting for the theme though.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jun 16, 2011 4:46 PM

Nov 2010
chinolal said:

Not a bad idea! XD

Wow. This show's been very consistant with the quality of each episode. The true feelings of Tsurumi have finally been revealed, which was what I was expecting to happen this episode.

Am I the only one that was in awe at the reenactment of "that" day? I was blown away at the very thought of reenacting the same scene all those years ago. I LOVED the very idea of it. The difference that was shown between, I thought, was well done, both Jintan's answer as well as the reaction of the group.

What I loved the most about this episode was definitely the final bit. Everyone gathered to launch the firework, and we were shown a really sweet scene with Menma and her brother. I'm not going to lie, I was on the verge of tears at this point. But what I really liked about this scene was both Jintan and Yukiatsu have different plans for the firework. And finally, the timing for the ED was just perfect IMO. It totally left an impact.

Very solid episode from an already solid series. With its final episode coming up, I am anxious to see how this will all play out. Yukiatsu is still creeping around... and I'm starting to dislike this character as of late. XD It's been a fun ride with this series, and I hope to see more anime originals like this. Truly one of the best I've watched so far.
Jun 16, 2011 4:50 PM
Jun 2010
Lulexiaa said:
I KNEW IT WASNT HER WISH!!!

it was quite obvious lol :P
Jun 16, 2011 4:54 PM

Sep 2010
One more episode left for redemption.
Jun 16, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2011
A lot of crying in this episode, felt kinda bad for Yadomi though, since he doesn't want Menma to leave him, even if she's just a spirit :c ...
well next episode seems good e3e
Jun 16, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
Now that the mother has finally been confronted by the family, she's on her way towards being normal.

I wonder what would be the trigger for Jintan. I predicted a few weeks ago that the hanami was a fakeut and that the real wish was to relay the message Jintan's mom got Menma to pass on. Prolly to do with reincarnation and for Jintan to stay strong when his mother passes on.

That's probably the final straw that will finally get through to him, since Menma made that meeting to cheer Jintan up about her death.

Jun 16, 2011 4:58 PM
May 2011
I'm going to be pretty sad to watch this show end, it's such a good show, even though it's pretty sad.

I really want Jintan and Naruko to get together, I'll be pretty upset if she doesn't just up and kiss him
ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Jun 16, 2011 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Not only that we also got our clue in the following spoiler
I would like therefore if anyone could find out the flower IRL what it is and its meaning.

im not sure if this is that but it looks like it
its called Marsh Marigold Wildflower

but wait maybe the meaning behind that picture is that the leaves represent the five of them that will be left cause menma will be able to go to heaven on the next and last episode!
chaelmiiJun 16, 2011 5:14 PM
Jun 16, 2011 5:05 PM

May 2010
sirwence said:
Let the Jinta Bashing begi- hmm seems people jump right into that

How is he selfish though before all this? Hes a shut in as his life slowly seemingly circled down the drain. His best friend and first love dead, mother dead. Father .. doesnt even know what to do. Hes a mess with no real support.

Hes not 'ignoring' hes trying to push everything onto himself , and regret his actions and then blame himself some more - you can try and argue thats selfish.. but then again you can argue the sky is purple , it doesn't mean you're right.

and the group drifted apart because of EVERYONES actions not his alone. And you want selfish? Take a peep at the one everyone fangirls over Yuki- the hypocrite -atsu whos just a tad* twisted

Presuming this was aimed at me:

Not "bashing" Jinta - more of a observation of his character the past 2 episodes & Irene's character till now.

Clearly I was talking about this episode in particular: The thought of wanting Menma to stay even though she's a ghost was terribly selfish, in my eyes. Keeping in mind not only Jinta loved/cared for Menma, the rest of the gang did too - He's the only one abled to interact with her. The rest have to see a floating diary so it's unfair to keep her around just for his needs, while everyone else can't move on because she's still floating around with him and being reminded what happen "that" day. So by him thinking of that & hoping she didn't go was ignoring the feelings of the others - while he knew 2episodes back I believe, that it wasn't fair that he was the only one able to see her. He also realized everyone is suffering like he is, This has nothing to do with him during past episodes were he was a complete shut in.

That is perfectly obvious. Jinta didn't not cause the rift in the group. Everything got incredibly awkward when Menma died and they all didn't want to be reminded so they went seperate ways. Who ever thought it was his fault only is incredibly stupid.

We all terribly know Yukiatsu is just a weirdass but he's still suffering like everyone else is. He's in the same type of situation as Chiriko/Naruko he's just more aggressive, gutsy, jealous towards his "love-rival" while having a grudge towards him because he felt inferior in the past.

I have yet to see a Yukiatsu fangirl that's horribly obsessed over defending his actions. From my point of you, the guy has been shit all over since episode 1 - yet a flaw about Jinta starting in the 10th episode of an 11 episode series is bashing? Just to clear things - I'm not a Yukiatsu "Fangirl" - I just don't see why we should all hate him all the time.
Jun 16, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
What I wanted to know is what the heck was all about the call from Menma 10 years ago before she died. Didn't she want to do something for Jintan at that time? Tsuruko and Yukiatsu have been mentioning that a lot but I have no clue what really that is.

EDIT: I was hoping for Menma not to disappear but for a different reason and not like Jintan's selfishness. Good thing my wish came true.

I was worried things will go back the way they were when Menma died. They all cut ties. They only brought back together again because of Menma. Hopefully the end should be they all remain friends forever, I suppose that's Menma's wish. It would be a satisfying ending for me if they will remain friends when Menma goes to heaven :'D
DenjaXJun 16, 2011 5:28 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 16, 2011 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
When those fireworks launched, I would've cried if they didn't start playing the music.

Jun 16, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
This episode was so rich in emotions, it's difficult to coherently express my own at the end of that mighty roller coster. It managed to break my defenses as I almost broke down during the last moments of the episode. It was, however, infuriating to see Menma still intact. I suppose that was because I was expecting her to leave... I WANT her to leave. If she doesn't by the end, it would be rather disappointing. That sort of ending would defy the purpose of the whole story, which, as I see it, is about a tightnit group of friends affected by a tragedy, and their subsequent ways of moving on with life.
Mine is better than yours.
Jun 16, 2011 5:34 PM

Nov 2007
Wow!

When Jinta turned around I was sure my heart skipped a beat! I don't know why but I don't want her to disappear on Jinta. Before I knew it, a tear drop rolled down my cheek. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 16, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
WDF I didn't feel emotional at all while watching episode 10.
What makes me sad is knowing that the series is about to end soon...
Jun 16, 2011 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Almost cried again before the fireworks launched. Next episode is the last episode. I'm definitely gonig to cry.
Jun 16, 2011 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but I was wondering about their last meeting together (just before Menma passes). If my memory serves me correctly, during the train journey where Tsuruko and Yukiatsu sit apart from each other, Tsuruko (I believe) mentions something about Jintan not knowing, or being kept in the dark...? The scene is extremely vague as I try to recall it, but perhaps that's what Menma wishes? For Jintan to know whatever she wanted to tell him, if that was indeed the reason for her to call everyone there that day?

Of course, correct me if I'm wrong. This is mere speculation based on dubious recollections.
Mine is better than yours.
Jun 16, 2011 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
D-GreatRuler said:
I suppose that was because I was expecting her to leave... I WANT her to leave. If she doesn't by the end, it would be rather disappointing.

That is what in fact is the saddest thing of all. We all know how it will end and we will be prepared with tissues. :'(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 16, 2011 5:59 PM

Apr 2011
This anime is ridiculous, and I mean in a good way.
It's made me cry practically every episode, especially Menma. I adore her so much.
Perhaps Menma's true wish was what she wanted to tell him?
Except Yukiatsu being a jerkass, he probably won't even remind her of it.
Also, Tsuruko's heartbreak haircut is just wonderful
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.