Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 18, 2011 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
I really liked this episode.
Kyubey looking into Madoka's soul windows (eyes) to see how she would look if she were a magical girl?
Idk, random observations that don't mean shit.
I love the art so much though, along with the interesting camera angles.
I still hate the red haired tsundere chick.
I hate tsunderes with my all heart.
Dec 20, 2011 3:50 PM
Sep 2009
"That won't be necessary"

Homurs-nyan is the biggest cockblock of all time, hands off QB!
Feb 20, 2012 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
Now here's a good episode.

The fight was beautiful and awesome.

5/5 easily.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 19, 2012 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
seems as if Akemi is Madoka's guardian angel.
in this world, being a mahou shoujo is no cute nyan nyan laughing matter. <:3

i'm actually not complaining that Madoka isn't a mahou shoujol yet.
i'm glad Akemi stepped in so Madoka wouldn't become a mahou shoujo for a stupid reason. i mean, i like Sayaka and all, but i wouldn't want Madoka to be a mahou shoujol for this fight alone.

and that Kyubey REALLY wants Madoka to be a mahou shoujo. keeps on getting her to be that way but luckily cute Akemi steps in.

i wonder how this show will go. o wo

i'm really shocked they hadn't brought Mami back. i wonder if they will at all?
Mar 20, 2012 10:52 PM
Mar 2010
So she's still not a magical girl...so far the series is pretty good
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Mar 22, 2012 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
The first 4 episodes were simply good, and I thought the series suffered from overhype. This episode however, was awesome.
Mar 26, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
There were some real grating shots in that café scene. I sure it was intended to be jarring but I feel the effect did not contribute much to the episode. When you think about it, all those magic girls would have been better off if they would just listen to Akemi. She may be heartless but she has a better hold on the situation than the other magic girls. If Mami would have listen to her she would still be alive.

I will say I’m really enjoying the show, but there is so much you can do with a wish. You can stop wars, end world hunger, receive immortality, determine the future, there is so much you can wish for. I know that they’re only little girls but suspect that some magic girl must have come up with a grand wish at some point.
Apr 12, 2012 6:19 AM

Apr 2012
Why is this shaking me up lololol--

I was so scared Sayaka would die in that! I hope she doesn't die... and I hope her wish doesn't backfire. o-o I can see it happening though. Didn't Mami say that a girl wished for someone else before and it didn't end well?

KYUBE STOP TRYING TO MAKE MADOKA A MAHOU SHOUJO ashdjsk that thing's so evil... *twitch* I'm glad Homura turned up in time. =w= When Madoka finally does change... it'll be serious. o-o
Apr 16, 2012 9:10 PM

Mar 2011
This is getting a little more interesting, but I still don't see why so many people call this a masterpiece. I guess I will have to wait and find out.
TowardsTheStarsApr 16, 2012 9:32 PM
Apr 17, 2012 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
TowardsTheStars said:
This is getting a little more interesting, but I still don't see why so many people call this a masterpiece. I guess I will have to wait and find out.

This.
Apr 25, 2012 7:37 PM
Mar 2012
Pretty good episode. The selfishness of that Kyouko girl is astounding. Mahou Shoujo as the top predator in a supernatural Darwinian universe? Jesus Christ! LOL

That Kyubei thing is no good. I wish Akemi would kill it already.

4/5
May 13, 2012 9:56 PM

Dec 2009
Madoka still hasn't decided what she's gonna do, huh... it was a nice episode.
May 16, 2012 1:37 PM
May 2012
stevewiess01 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just as the new episode starts, Kyubei is officially confirmed to be not only an evil furry, but also a freaking pervert sticking his ears into Sayaka's chest... Anyway, as her wish is granted, she raises an imminent death flag with the tear-inducing violin scene.

Con*om-chan, Aipon Sakura makes the first major appearance and keeps on eating and eating... Anyway, jokes aside, the fight scene between Sayaka and Sakura was pretty damn impressive.

I didn't like the how the episode ended so abruptly with a cliffhanger, though. Hopefully, the fight will continue right in the beginning of the next episode.

Some screenshots.

P.S: It's episode five and we're almost through the half of the season, so I wonder when Madoka will finally decide to become a magical girl.

I don't really feel that Kyube is evil. He seems (forgive the dnd refrence) almost chaotic neutral.
May 16, 2012 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
it's getting better and better.
i'm going along with the hypothesis that what you wish for gives you powers based on that, and that's just, amazing.
Jun 23, 2012 3:00 PM

May 2012
Sayaka has superhuman regenerative powers... AWESOME!

Jun 23, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2012
byeol said:
i'm going along with the hypothesis that what you wish for gives you powers based on that, and that's just, amazing.

Me too.

Jul 16, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
I love the fact that Sayaka got super regenerative powers because of what she wished for. I'll bet that'll make Madoka think a lot more carefully about her wish. I'm wondering when she will actually sign the contract, I thought it was going to happen to stop the fight but Homura just had to step in.
Aug 1, 2012 3:18 PM

May 2012
The fight scene was very awesome and the soundtrack is just great, im really enjoying this anime.
Aug 20, 2012 11:34 AM

Feb 2012
It's a mahou shoujo and it's fucking awesome because it's dead serious.
Aug 27, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
I really thought that Madoka's about to become a mahou shoujo... well... I hope she's gonna do it soon.
Also. The fight between Kyoko and Sayaka = pure epicness ^^
Aug 31, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, so Kyousuke's fully healed ... yep. Nice for him.
Thought Madoka would take the contract to break up the fight between Sayaka and Kyouko. So she doesn't think there's any point in chasing down familiars since they don't drop Grief Seeds ... only focused on helping herself. Luckily Homura's there to break them up. I wonder what's up with her? I mean, even Kyubey didn't confirm that she formed a contract with him ... she's an "irregularity"? What he heck is that supposed to mean?!
Sep 7, 2012 4:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Kyubei is one manipulative little fur ball. Whispering into Madoka's ear to make a contract in order to save Sayaka is downright evil. No wonder Homura wanted to kill it in ep.1. Homura is despite her hostility, actually pretty hones about the Mahou Shoujo business.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 9, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2012
BECOME A MAGICAL GIRL ALREADY! ._. They've dragged this out way too long now. Also why can't she just wish for mami back? :\
Oct 15, 2012 12:45 PM

May 2012
Decent episode, let's look who'll win the battle!
Oct 28, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode, but not as good as I expected.
I guess the real stuff still has to happen, but this is only the fifth episode.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 31, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
She needs to stop crying and make a wish its so annoying there's only twelve episodes she should have transformed at like freaking episode 3
Jan 2, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
Jaylez said:
BECOME A MAGICAL GIRL ALREADY! ._. They've dragged this out way too long now. Also why can't she just wish for mami back? :
That probably will happen i think.
Besides this anime misses a main boss or a better plot.
Just keeping other people from harm isn't good enough for me.
Doesn't mean i don't like it tough( i like the action parts and the art),but it could be a lot better.
Feb 3, 2013 2:55 AM

Sep 2012
5/5 for me . Liking this anime a lot. Nice fight.
Mar 20, 2013 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
ahhahahaha and again, she didnt did the contrat damn it
Mar 29, 2013 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
I hope Sayaka won't die... T___T
Apr 1, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
Kyouku is a bitch, great job of making a very hateable character
Apr 6, 2013 12:15 AM
Aug 2012
honestly, kyuubey is such a dick. doesnt even let sayaka know shes about to get trampled. and whats with the constant prodding of madoka to be a magical girl? its like hes a used car salesman, "Yo madoka, you should really take this magical girl thing for a spin" "well, actually im not sure." "nah, dude trust me, you want to" "kyuubey..." "lemme know when you want to. you want to yet? cmon. cmon! CMON!" hes definitely got some kind of game plan, i dont trust him
Apr 19, 2013 1:29 AM

Aug 2007
I wonder what Kyubey gains if a girl makes a contract with him, since he obviously has an ulterior motive...

But oh gosh, this cliff hanger! That fight between the two girls was intense, I have to watch the next one @.@

Apr 26, 2013 3:36 AM

Jan 2012
Homura came in a flash!!! Of course she did
Jul 9, 2013 3:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ryanxwonbin said:
Good episode overall, although really, Madoka playing the super sweet and nice innocent girl is really getting to me. There had to be a limit on how naive you can be.

Homura gained some points for me as well. She's the most realistic out of all the characters so far, not a greedy power hungry girl like Kyouko but at the same time not a naive justice girl like Sayaka and Madoka.

Seriously right? She cries a lot, tries to get Homura to babysit Sayaka, and then wants to go with Sayaka to a witch hunt despite knowing that she won't be able to do anything. I know it's a tough decision for her to become a mahou shoujo, but if she really can't turn a blind eye to Sayaka becoming a mahou shoujo and keeps getting involved, then the obvious choice is that she becomes one herself. Well we all know she will become one, but the question is when and for what reason she will make a contract.

I'm glad everything turned out fine with Kyousuke, that he can finally return to playing his violin and also that he realized he was mean to Sayaka. The violin scene was really pretty. And it's interesting that whatever people wish for, their special ability is something related to that.
Jul 18, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
Epic save by Homura.

Ofc, the episode ends as soon as it got good. >_>
Though, the violin scene was touching.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 19, 2013 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
Madoka... how about becoming a Mahou Shoujo soon? We're just about halfway though the series...
Aug 6, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
kyouko is really annoying seriously.. homura kill her -_-
btw.. Shaft is really awesome.. its just looks like bake XD those animation XD awesome I love it... XD
Sep 7, 2013 3:06 AM
Jul 2018

That new magical girl is awesome.
I don't like her attitude though.
Dec 1, 2013 4:06 AM

Nov 2013
It took a few episodes but I think I'm finally getting into this animé. I'm enjoying the action scenes and I'm interested to see whether Homura is gonna kick Sakura's ass, not to mention what it's going to take for Madoka to finally contract with Kyubey and become a Magical Girl (she remained indecisive even when Sayaka was about to be defeated, but then again with what Homura told her and everything else, it's a huge decision to make).

It's hard not to be cynical about Kyubey, though. The very idea that these contracts can be made and he has no control over the Magical Girls' behaviour...that just doesn't sit right. :P
"Get chance and luck!"
Dec 17, 2013 10:28 AM
Dec 2013
This is the episode where the show really takes off. Syaka doesn't seem as stupid this episode and is likeable as a superhero. Kyubei is deliciously manipulative. Homura grows more and more interesting, and her conversations with Madoka continue to be a highlight. Kyoko is a good antagonist. The fight scene is epic, and the cliffhanger promises more epicness.

Also, 'Homura is an anomaly' that Kyubei doesn't know is the most interesting part of the 'mystery of Homiura' yet.
Jan 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2011
THANK YOU HOMURA! <3
AND FUCK YOU KYUBEI >:( he want madoka to make a wish and become magical girl sooo bad!!!!!!!
also FUCK the new stupid bitch... she's annoying as fuck... SAYAKA ftw!
4/5
Jan 5, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
things getting creepier since ep 3, though this is not really my style.... madoka was really naive and annoying...

Jan 15, 2014 2:54 PM
May 2013
While the series is awesome, it's starting to feel like a Greek tragedy, which is both good and bad in the sense that seemingly it's very predictable how it will end. But in this kind of storytelling it's not about the destination but the journey.
Feb 10, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
Getting darker and darker each episode I see. That was great.
Mar 2, 2014 10:01 AM

Feb 2013
(3rd time watching)

There is so much in that conversation between Madoka and Homura... understanding why Homura responds like that.
Mar 9, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
This is getting gud. *v*
Apr 3, 2014 6:18 PM

Apr 2013
Haha, I hate how Sayaka acts like everything's fine and pretends like nothing ever happened so easily. Since the series had already built up the whole idea of sacrifice and the act of carrying a heavy burden. They built up such a dark theme and this girl basically decides on a small whim, that everything will be fine and dandy. But because of that, i got excited at the thought that she might regret her decision... *smiles again* oh yeah... I can't wait already.

Oh and it's so ironic how the cat thing keeps saying how he can't convince Madoka to become a magical girl because it wouldn't be fair or something

But he takes advantage of her with EVERY opportunity he gets and it's happened in EVERY episode so far...
duderusApr 3, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 5, 2014 9:41 AM
Jun 2013
Man madoka sure does cry alot and for any little thing. Pretty badass fight though seems strange how sayaka just knows how to fight.If the wish gives you an ability depending on what wish was I wonder what was mamis.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1544 by Zorzalillo »»
Yesterday, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

628 by GuhTheJado »»
May 12, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.