Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion


#1
Feb 3, 2011 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 573
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just as the new episode starts, Kyubei is officially confirmed to be not only an evil furry, but also a freaking pervert sticking his ears into Sayaka's chest... Anyway, as her wish is granted, she raises an imminent death flag with the tear-inducing violin scene.

Con*om-chan, Aipon Sakura makes the first major appearance and keeps on eating and eating... Anyway, jokes aside, the fight scene between Sayaka and Sakura was pretty damn impressive.

I didn't like the how the episode ended so abruptly with a cliffhanger, though. Hopefully, the fight will continue right in the beginning of the next episode.


Some screenshots.


P.S: It's episode five and we're almost through the half of the season, so I wonder when Madoka will finally decide to become a magical girl.
Modified by kuroshiroi, Feb 3, 2011 4:22 PM

 
#2
Feb 3, 2011 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 121
stevewiess01 said:
P.S: It's episode five and we're almost through the half of the season, so I wonder when Madoka will finally decide to become a magical girl.

It's not a question of when, but why. Or, what the flags that must be triggered to finally get us down the madoka-the-mahou-shoujo route are.
 
#3
Feb 3, 2011 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 252
For a moment I thought Madoka would make the contract to stop the fight (even if it doesn't make sense). Maybe she finds a desire in the next episode.

Awesome scene fight, but I feel sorry for Sayaka, for having your fun spoiled by Kyouko.
But liked Kyouko's ability, her attacks were more massive as those of Mami were.
Modified by nishimari, Feb 3, 2011 9:43 AM
 
#4
Feb 3, 2011 10:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 100
I was wrong about Sayaka dying, but Kyouko DOES have a spear.

Also, why is Homura so awesome?
 
#5
Feb 3, 2011 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 22673
I'm glad Homura stopped the fight, having Sayaka die right now would be unbearable.


 
#6
Feb 3, 2011 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 295
Urgh kinda getting fed up the anime is great but will she just please become a magical girl soon!! nearly half the anime is gone she hasnt done anything! :/ but appart from that great episode ^^ glad homaru broke up the fight :p its kinda werid if everyone ended up dying its like.. Um..


My Badges
 
#7
Feb 3, 2011 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3314
I almost though Madoka will become a mahou shoujo >.<
 
#8
Feb 3, 2011 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 100
Madoka will not become a Mahou Shoujo yet. This isn't to Kanade, but to everyone else getting fed up with her not making a wish, pay attention to the damn show.

Also, can Homura stop/slow time?:

 
#9
Feb 3, 2011 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1608
I'm liking the time it is taking Madoka to come to a decision. Unlike two episodes ago, I actually could understand the "choice" as being constructed to be the actual climax of the season/series now.

Also, about Kyouko's spell:
 
Feb 3, 2011 3:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 100
The labyrinth was movie/script themed.
 
Feb 3, 2011 3:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
I thought that it was also important that your abilities as a puella magi depend on the wish that you make.

Also, did anyone notice that Kyouko loves the SHAFT pose?



 
Feb 3, 2011 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 718
This episode greatly improved my opinion of this show.

Throughout the beginning half with Sayaka and Kyosuke I kept thinking something was going to go wrong. I thought her wish might have some sort of backlash. I suppose that could still happen, but I hope it doesn't.

Then the witch, or shall I say familiar, entered the scene. I was prepared for another so-so battle with color crayon drawn monsters. Thank God that mix was broken up. I loved that fight with the two girls battling each other.

The characters are all pretty fun, too. Madoka does annoy me here and there, though. I wish she'd quit crying about everything. Sayaka is our typical justice fighter, so she's cool. The new girl is also a wonderful villain. Homura, Akemi is still my favorite. Everything about is just awesome. I love her appearance, her take on things, the way she carries herself, and her outlook on Magical Girls.

Maybe they covered this and I missed it, but I'd like to know where witches come from and why they do what they do.

Ah, and I thought Kyubey's information was interesting, too. Sayaka's powers reflect her wish, eh? I wonder what Akemi and the new girl wished for and how it reflects their abilities.
 
Feb 3, 2011 3:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 481
Pretty nice fight between Sayaka and Kyouko. Interesting that she is a staff fighter and not a fist fighter.

"wishes can influence the magical girl abilities" which really adds to what was Homura's and Mami's wish that gave them their powers. Does Mami have more abilities than just summoning guns? What connection does Homura's explosion attacks have to her wish?

This also adds to what Madoka's wish is that Homura strongly wants to stop.
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 21
5th ep and Madoka is still normal girl... :/
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2019
Go tsundere fang girl! Kill Sayaka!

 
Feb 3, 2011 4:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 78
The way this is going, Madoka will become a magic girl with maybe 5 minutes left in the entire anime, WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME! I'd love to see them continue down the path they are on with this, it's getting better by the episode!
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 257
So familiars become witches when they kill people. I wonder if this rules out that witches are fallen magical girls? Well I guess not really as we still don't know exactly where witches come from and familiars are just left over witches...och my brain hurts now. I guess this might explains that humans are kind of like the witches power source perhaps? This was another good episode. Ever since episode 2 this show has been nothing but good times after good times. It seems that soul gems are literally a magical girls soul.

DAT KYOUKO. She is just as cool as Homura and Mami. Sayaka seems to have been influenced by Mami seems she can summon a bunch of swords.
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4301
i really wonder whats going to happen Sayaka seeing how her wish came true and she doesn't have any regrets and also Homura has given up on her i really think she might die at some point soon :(
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 100
Homura has a shield (and also some time manipulating power I guess?), possibly meaning she wished to protect Madoka and go back in time or whatever.

Mami's style just looked like she was full of life. Flowers, brightly shining magic and whatnot. Not much else to add about that.

Madoka's probably going to make a wish that is really important and big, causing her to be the most overpowered thing ever.

Just my 2 cents again.
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 473
I liked the Kyubey shadow imagery in the beginning.

Also, in before Kyubey ear 34
Iisan-kun said:
A Mahou Shoujo anime going the whole time without the main character becoming a Mahou Shoujo. Now what would be hilarious.

Well, I think she will closer to the end... and the moment that happens is when things start going horribly wrong.


Well yeah, the whole point of everything is that she MUST NOT become one. Once she does, everyone is fucked. The story lies in why, and what it's going to take to push her over the edge. Not even Kyubey seems to know exactly what's up with homura. And if he does, he isn't letting anyone know.

edit: merged posts
Modified by desolato, Feb 7, 2011 9:16 AM
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 62
woonie said:
It's not a question of when, but why. Or, what the flags that must be triggered to finally get us down the madoka-the-mahou-shoujo route are.
i bet Madoka wont become a mahou shoujo
Modified by desolato, Feb 7, 2011 9:16 AM
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:43 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 7409
Each episode confirms more and more that Kyubey is actually pretty evil, i am just wondering about his ulterior motives.
Just what does he gain from those mahou shoujo's and what does he gain of they kill eachother?
What's his reason for going after Madoka why is he almost forcing her to become a mahou shoujo?
When he was sitting on that arch to make Sayaka a mahou shoujo the flower behind it made kyubey look like a nine tailed fox a demonic creature in Japanese folklore.
This also proves never to trust a cute furry creature you never know what there up to!

When Kamijou started playing that violin i was thinking that one of the strings would snap either killing him or hurting him badly in the process.
I just have a feeling something bad will become him, mainly because my distrust in Kyubey and his wishes.

It seems to me that Kyouko is just after power or wealth judging from her words and actions.
Like waiting till a witch has matured before she kills it so she the gain is higher.
During that speech it also became obvious that Kyubey doesn't care what mahou shoujo's really do.
Whether there actions is killing other mahou shoujo's waiting for a witch to mature or what ever there intentions may be.

Homura is also a bit of a mystery it's clear that she regrets becoming a mahou shoujo from her talk with Madoka.
But how and why did she became one?
What are her reasons for preventing others of becoming the same fate as her and does she know more about Kyubey and his intentions then she let's on?
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 72
Two things that I have to mention about this episode are

What Homura said "It's as fruitless as trying to raise the dead" does this mean there is indeed a limit to Kyubeys powers? Or does it mean that is what she wished for? Im starting to think Homura is actually Madoka going back in time to stop herself from becoming a Mahou Shojo and critically fucking up her/everyone around her's life

Also, if your wish reflects the kind of ability you receive... what does having a metric fuckton of muskets and flowers have to do with saving yourself after a car crash?
Modified by PervySan, Feb 3, 2011 4:51 PM
 
Feb 3, 2011 4:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1909
Sakura = bitch.

Unlimited blade works from Sayaka hope I'll see some more of that.




 
Feb 3, 2011 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 473
PervySan said:
Two things that I have to mention about this episode are

What Homura said "It's as fruitless as trying to raise the dead" does this mean there is indeed a limit to Kyubeys powers? Or does it mean that is what she wished for? Im starting to think Homura is actually Madoka going back in time to stop herself from becoming a Mahou Shojo and critically fucking up her/everyone around her's life

Also, if your wish reflects the kind of ability you receive... what does having a metric fuckton of muskets and flowers have to do with saving yourself after a car crash?


I don't think the weapons have to do with your wish, just your special powers.

Sayaka is wolverine, Homura can manipulate time, Mami was eaten by a clownapillar. Alright we don't know her power. Maybe maximum BFF capacity.

EDIT: Mami could make spider web things... maybe her power is to keep things/people close? Shrug.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
Pretty good episode, especially short reactions to Sayaka in the class, conversation between Madoka/Sayaka, conversation between Homura/Madoka whom was more profound due to the OST background once again, Sayaka's reactions on Kamijo's violin playing, witches world and the finally fight between Sayaka and Kyoko. Kyoko is way too powerful for Sayaka most likely because she did no training and no knowledge gains at all. Kyoko therefore is a true demon mahou shoujo not to mess around as being portrayed,

that being said her weapon reminded me of Lancer from Fate/Night Stay. More to come. I am analyzing a few things of this. There is a lot of black/white colors that mean things in different ways.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Lesse...this series is supposed to have 13 (something close to that episodes)....it's episode 5 and Madoka is STILL not a magic girl.
Maybe the promotional picutres are all lies too, just like the slice-of-life, happy-go-lucky genre trick. I mean, at this rate, it looks like our main character isn't going to be a magic girl at all.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 473
FAErieWINGS said:
Lesse...this series is supposed to have 13 (something close to that episodes)....it's episode 5 and Madoka is STILL not a magic girl.
Maybe the promotional picutres are all lies too, just like the slice-of-life, happy-go-lucky genre trick. I mean, at this rate, it looks like our main character isn't going to be a magic girl at all.


Missing the point.

I heard Nanoha becomes a magical girl in like episode 1 if you're interested in that.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7650
So Sayaka can summon blades the same way Mami summons her guns.....

I wonder what "Unlimited Insert Weapon Here Works." powers Madoka will have when/(if) she becomes a magical girl.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 57
Iri said:
I'm also wondering if this could be considered circumstantial evidence that the Puella Magi magic is somehow connected to the Witches' magic since both sides apparently use that rune set, perhaps implying a shared origin.


I think it was already confirmed they have a common origin in episode 2:
"If magical girls are born from wishes, then witches are born from curses"(read malicious wishes, wishes against something, evil wishes).
I wonder if a person can switch from magic girl to witch and back.
Maybe draining the soul gem til empty will cause a magic girl to turn into a witch.

Anyway there must be someone(read cute but evil furry or cute but evil furry and his evil looking but still evil twin) granting these wishes for some reason(self entertainment?), whether or not they are good or evil or neutral(read not evil, therefore also good) like cake(The cake is a lie).

Add to this:
1. the display of the evil furry buying a soul and snatching it from the body of the original owner, with resulting pain.
2. Meta knowledge gained from other shows like Jigoku shoujo (sell your soul to kill your enemy-- sounds like this shows witches to me)
3. The preview of the climax in the first episodes beginning.

And from all this we can already predict a possible ending:
Sayaka is safe for now but eventually dies in a attempt to protect character/s (Madoka, Hitomi, or Kyousuke) from a witch.
While not enough to turn Madoka into a magic girl it leaves Homura as her single friend.
Homura eventually tries to go against a big bad and all Madoka can do is watch(as we saw in the first episodes beginning).
She is offered to become a magic girl so she can protect Homura.
And she wishes for something big like: reset everything to the beginning or eliminate the entire witch/magic girl system, etc.
The End.


PervySan said:

Im starting to think Homura is actually Madoka going back in time to stop herself from becoming a Mahou Shojo and critically fucking up her/everyone around her's life


Yes. Like that.But this would be easy, because it's the easiest prediction.
I hope this show surprises me. I want it to surprise me.
Modified by alexvoda, Feb 3, 2011 5:30 PM
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Madoka not making the contract yet isn't really a flaw of the show, and obviously there's a good reason for it since Homura is so against it and basically saves Sayaka (even after telling Madoka she wouldn't) JUST to stop her. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another few episode just for her to make the contract, or maybe she won't even make it until the last episode.

I love the fight scenes in this show, they're so much better then the lame fights in shounen series. (of the ones I've seen.) Plus, with everyone saying "Sayaka is going to die" I was really on the edge of my seat during the fight, hoping it wasn't her time. (yet?)
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 479
Coming from the guy who wrote Saya no Uta, I'm expecting some pretty messed up things in this, much like episode 3. This episode was good, but it wasn't as awesome as I hoped. Even with the action, it seemed more like a set-up. Like they're building up to the main point of "Sayaka's arc"?

Lots of things hinted at here too. I really, really like alexvoda's theory about a drained soul gem turning one into a witch, because in a way it makes sense. Why try so hard to get grief seeds to replenish magic? What happens if your soul gem does empty? Why would people go to the point of letting a familiar mature into a witch purely for the grief seed if replenishing your magic wasn't important? There has to be something to that.

Still expecting bad things to happen to Sayaka's crush. The peaceful way things are now and how happy he is will probably have some kind of backlash if/when it all comes crumbling down. With all the warnings against making a wish for others, something's gotta give.

I know there are also a lot of people frustrated that Madoka isn't a magical girl yet, but would anyone want to after seeing their friend beheaded and eaten alive before their eyes? I wouldn't put it past the show to have her never become a magical girl, and I would be fine with that. It would almost be like a theme of resisting temptation. Honestly, I am hoping Madoka doesn't become a magical girl. It would be an awesome troll for the series, but it makes things interesting too. Either that or, like other people have said, at the climax. This show is a deconstruction of the magical girl genre, so it's likely not going to follow the format of main character becomes magical girl and fights bad guys.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
There is indeed a sudden interest from towards the ritual itself as the first thing. I wanted to see what that ritual is and now I can de-mystify it completely.
About the ritual of becoming a magical girl, now I don't know if it has to do with a time specifically but it looks to me that the beginning had a rather dark tone with a sunsetting most likely to show evil is being drawn upon someone again, that being Sayaka. The circle itself looks to me like Aztec/Mayan origin, at the very least it looks interesting to take a look at and determine its meanings but I am sure I saw them in other animes. Now here is the freaky part, this is only as I view it but it can be seen completely different. If you look at the spoiler
Kyuubei does not touch the chest but enters it with those ears.

What does get me weirded up is this and it looks like he is stimulating Sayaka's breasts? I mean I have seen this in some strip clubs or other porn promotions and looks like exactly as it is, a form of breast depiction in more awkward art depiction and yes I studied ero in art. I was thinking about the stimulation as being a form of energy production within the body to combine afterwards into what comes as the soul gem but that's just a IMO. So it looks to me after the soul gem goes out Sayaka loses conscious for some time. Comes step 2, Controlling someone in that state by any magical being is the easiest, which Sayaka's expression looks like it was quite possible and that magical being can implant something in magical girls that was suggested can revert them into witches.

This further suggest that Kyuubey is evil you can easily see how the situation plays out with that dark veil on his face. it certainly shows a evil looming around, which is him really. The final blow for his evil proofing, is when the ritual is over and Sayaka falls down. Whereas there were light orbs before now it's all leaves that crumbled into a darkness far darker than it was shown before that part. It goes back to ED analyzing of the light being a illusion and the real is the dark for it confirms that you always fought evil it's just you were though to be good to fight it. Conclusion to the ritual? Kyuubei is getting more accusations of being evil and so my % keeps going more towards the 100%. This is just start. This anime is so analyzable.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 62
hellfiredragon said:
The way this is going, Madoka will become a magic girl with maybe 5 minutes left in the entire anime


Remember the very first scene of the first episode. Kyubey wants to get Madoka to become a Puella Magi to save Homura in what looks like a big final fight.

But if she doesn't become one at all that'd be cool as well. Would really change the genre stereotypes even further.
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5157
its too early to tell about this one. there is really no guarantee that she really is the evil furry thing that we all think he might be. there really hasn't been any lies in the things he has said thus far. maybe well know by episode 7
 
Feb 3, 2011 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
endtime said:
Madoka will not become a Mahou Shoujo yet. This isn't to Kanade, but to everyone else getting fed up with her not making a wish, pay attention to the damn show.Also, can Homura stop/slow time?:
I believe she can do that indeed but not stop it. Slow it down or slow it down for smeone, it does not look like it worked well in the end of Madoka's dream in the begiining so maybe a witch that is too strong for Homura will not be affected by it.
metalsnakezero said:
Does Mami have more abilities than just summoning guns?
She showed it a little in episode 3 at one point that she could summon cannons of some kind to just blast. I think she can summon anything to do with projectiles being the era of muskets. So cannons are easy but as to why it's like that is yet to be known.
metalsnakezero said:
What connection does Homura's explosion attacks have to her wish?
That's a interesting question but I think it's MAD "Mutual Assured Destruction" and that is not surprise considering she does not want Kyuubei to contract any other girls it would be easiest to blow up everything to put a end to all this.
Nana-chii said:
So familiars become witches when they kill people. I wonder if this rules out that witches are fallen magical girls?

If I though it was explained rather not directly by Mami that because Soul Gem need to be replenished it was assumed that those who are not become Grief seeds and thus those with them since now it has been insinuated that the soul gem indeed comes out from the soul of the person.
Nana-chii said:
familiars are just left over witches...och my brain hurts now.
Yeah they are basically their pets to command but it may be created from a part of the witch be it whatever that may be.
Nana-chii said:
It seems that soul gems are literally a magical girls soul.
That bother though, because it really does go back to Faust and selling your soul to the devil and since Kyuubei perform the ritual it most likely that the soul belongs to him since it is transfered in to a gem that may also be part of him.
Nana-chii said:
Sayaka seems to have been influenced by Mami seems she can summon a bunch of swords.
Yes very much she is influenced with her fighting although I think she needs to polish up and gain experience. Without fighting familiars or witches I can only see gym and books for her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 392
Well this episode was nice, in my opinion.
Well in this episode, Madoka is still normal (Make up your mind already!!!! be a magical girl, or not!)
Homura seems to start to win my heart more, she's the type of magical girl that just says "deal with it.. its how magical girl life is.." (xD;; )
as for Sayaka, I thought she was going to be beaten up and stuff, but she wasn't (yay?), and for some reason, I couldn't help but see that she has the same technique as Mami with the muskets, somehow I'm annoyed with Sayaka, why didn't she turn into a magical girl to save Mami, but then again, if she had, then there wouldn't be this epicness between Kyouko and Sayaka.. so in a small way its good (love the musket scenes.. oh so epic but then, oh well..) as for Kyubey, I think he does this for some odd reason, IT knows that girls will die, yet he always seems to get contracts.. evil furry, evil furry...
random but I couldn't help it
Dat Fang (LOL) Kyouko ,her fang, and her food
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 103
i'v got the feeling modoka will become a MS but not through a contract, triggered by *something*.

Enjoying the series so far though.
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
Aversa said:
Each episode confirms more and more that Kyubey is actually pretty evil, i am just wondering about his ulterior motives.
Just what does he gain from those mahou shoujo's and what does he gain of they kill eachother?
That is interesting to ask but certainly he must gain a certain satisfaction of seeing bloody battles and blood being spilled, demons and evil alike love that shit.
Aversa said:
When he was sitting on that arch to make Sayaka a mahou shoujo the flower behind it made kyubey look like a nine tailed fox a demonic creature in Japanese folklore. This also proves never to trust a cute furry creature you never know what there up to!
I fully confirm that although it was a little fuzzy the way it was represented it does indeed prove taht animals in folklores are dangerous just as much a snake can be nice to you by suggesting you things that may be you do good only to find out they were wrong in the end. Natsume Yuujinchou showed that quite well.
Aversa said:
It seems to me that Kyouko is just after power or wealth judging from her words and actions.
Like waiting till a witch has matured before she kills it so she the gain is higher.
Perhaps it was something that she lacked to make her life better and so wanted to selfishly improve it. I think waiting for any witch or familiar to mature as means to use human lives to be consumed for that kind of end of having a higher gain is stupid and ridiculous. Kyokop valuing human lives this may is motherfucks of all selfishness ever. Of course any demon or evil would love that in you, thus why Kyubei might be more with Kyoko than Sayaka on that one.
Aversa said:
During that speech it also became obvious that Kyubey doesn't care what mahou shoujo's really do.
Of course not, since freedom is paramount in with evil as long as it's nothing against them like Homura trying to kill Kyubei.
Aversa said:
Homura is also a bit of a mystery it's clear that she regrets becoming a mahou shoujo from her talk with Madoka.
But how and why did she became one?
That I would like to know but clearly Homura has a deep regret and knowing it requires patience that make me itchy to know.
Aversa said:
What are her reasons for preventing others of becoming the same fate as her and does she know more about Kyubey and his intentions then she let's on?
I think she does know more than she says and that is exactly why she wants Kyubei dead and wants to prevent anymore Mahou Shoujo's to be born.
kisami said:
its too early to tell about this one. there is really no guarantee that she really is the evil furry thing that we all think he might be. there really hasn't been any lies in the things he has said thus far. maybe well know by episode 7
Demons tend to lie and deceive you so much, people that think like that are exactly why they smile with of course that is behind that smile lying a evilness that is horrendous.
staticphrase said:
Lots of things hinted at here too. I really, really like alexvoda's theory about a drained soul gem turning one into a witch, because in a way it makes sense. Why try so hard to get grief seeds to replenish magic?
Exactly if the curse of it is yo becoming one of them, I suspect Homura knows this and why she is stopping magical girls from happening, that is because the cycle would then end.
staticphrase said:
What happens if your soul gem does empty?
It was assumed that indeed you change into a witch and your soul gem is now a Grief Seed.
staticphrase said:
Why would people go to the point of letting a familiar mature into a witch purely for the grief seed if replenishing your magic wasn't important? There has to be something to that.
The meaning I see with that is the Grief seed being strong enough to have maybe 3 or 4 charges at most but it has to do most likely that the more powerful the Witch the more the Grief seed can be used to remove the taint on the Soul Gem.
Botagar said:
i'v got the feeling modoka will become a MS but not through a contract, triggered by *something*.

^This says it all! Imagine A Angel or God coming to reverse everything and make Madoka a true Mahou Shoujo that blasts Kyuubei and that last monster from the dream away. Imagine all ending in harmony and light, now that would certain make everyone go O_O if done properly and suddenly exactly like someone said in the "Last 5 minutes" except I would say the last episode. Make that shit happen in the episode before or 2 episodes before the last one. I for one would like to have a extra episode explaining this sudden good power that comes to change things around. Damn right I want too someone like a Angel or God make Madoka change into a Mahou Shoujo instead of Kyuubei.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1429
This was a great episode. I love Homura as always. :]
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 257
Yumekichi11 said:
Nana-chii said:
So familiars become witches when they kill people. I wonder if this rules out that witches are fallen magical girls?

If I though it was explained rather not directly by Mami that because Soul Gem need to be replenished it was assumed that those who are not become Grief seeds and thus those with them since now it has been insinuated that the soul gem indeed comes out from the soul of the person.
Well that's why I said not really in my first post for that reason we don't know what witches are yet for 100% certainty. We have had hints and stuff but there has not been anyone who has come out or nothing show that says yes witches are fallen magical girls thus grief seeds are what soul gems are to magical girls. I knew of the theory though I thought it was also possible that witches/grief seeds are born/created from the despair of humans, that's why they are usually found around suicide spots, fight scenes and hospitals. Thus it would have made it twisted that magical girls are living off the grief of other people.

Oh there is an interesting thought! Perhaps that is true that easier witches are born from the regular humans, and the most powerful witches come from magical girls!

Yumekichi11 said:
Yes very much she is influenced with her fighting although I think she needs to polish up and gain experience. Without fighting familiars or witches I can only see gym and books for her.


I agree she needs to polish up, she isn't very used to fighting as it is shown she got handed by Kyouko.

Yumekichi11 said:
What does get me weirded up is this and it looks like he is stimulating Sayaka's breasts? I mean I have seen this in some strip clubs or other porn promotions and looks like exactly as it is, a form of breast depiction in more awkward art depiction and yes I studied ero in art. I was thinking about the stimulation as being a form of energy production within the body to combine afterwards into what comes as the soul gem but that's just a IMO.


This was something interesting I noticed as well. I would not be surprised at all if it was done intentionally. I think literally what happened was he was digging in Sayaka's soul. Though thinking of it as a stimulation in her soul to build up a soul gem is an interesting way to look at it. I think the image that was placed can perhaps be taken having multiple meanings, the vague imagery of him feeling her up could be some kind of reference to how he was stealing her innocence away, as once they become a magical girl's they are no longer able to go back to their normal carefree innocent lives. Even if you don't believe that witches are actually magical girls they still have blood on their hands cause if they fail to kill a familiar or a witch, assuming they don't die someone else who was completely innocent will die by the witch because they didn't stop them. (well assuming this how it really works....)

Sorry if I am not making a whole lot of sense here but I am kind of tired and that is not good for speculating :P
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:41 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 685
魔法少女まどか★マギカ
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Mahou Shoujo, Madoka X Magica
Mahou Shoujo, Madoka Dont Have Magic ka?

XD

Btw, I wonder what does the mark on each Mahou Shoujo's nail mean. It seems that this episode they intensionally showing all of them to us....
.
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2252
great episode. kyube is pissing me off. i was waiting for homura to show up and stop the fight and what an awesome entrance. she need to give her some slaps in next episode.
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 531
This episode was ******* amazing. It's bad that I couldn't choose being happy (that things about Sayaka's wish came true -hopefully to the end) yet Madoka still reminds the danger and the possible sorrow that might/will come. My brain was like
"a;lsjf;asfal;sdkjfa08upoua" but yeah. GJ, definitely a turning point. Also

And for all those Kyubey haters: I think he/it's analogous to Master Yoda!! :D
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 423
God, I just want to kick Kyubey. In every single episode, he's been pressuring Madoka to make a contract with him and it's getting really annoying. It makes me wonder, why does he want Madoka to become a magical girl so badly? Is it because her soul is so powerful and he wants it? What does Kyubey want from all of this? We may never know.

He seemed so unimpressed with Sayaka's contract IMO but now that Sayaka has become a magical girl, Madoka will never be able to escape his presence, which is probably what he wanted in the first place. But god, if it weren't for Homura, Madoka would have already been a magical girl. But again, that makes me wonder why Kyubey hasn't tried to get rid of her. Probably because he can't and he's got both Sayaka and Kyouko to protect him.

Homura wins my heart, but I want Mami back so badly! It's kinda sad to think that she probably won't come back. All in all, it was a great episode (it's just gonna be annoying waiting for the next one. I'm so impatient.) XD
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 845
For some reason, I'm absolutely fine with the fact that Madoka hasn't become a magical yet. The reveal of the nature of being a magical girl to me seems more than interesting enough. I love how unlike most other magical girls, I don't have a sure feeling any characters who go into a fight will survive. I was on the edge of my seat since the battle began until the credits.
 
Feb 3, 2011 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4304
Am I the only one getting irritated by Madoka's typical mahou shoujo attitude? "I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO BE NICE AND HUG EACH OTHER COOKIES AND CREAM LA LA LA LA~" It's like she sees everything in a constant pink flowery color.
 
Feb 3, 2011 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 257
Wasabi said:
It's like she sees everything in a constant pink flowery color.


Well her eyes are pink.....
lol.
 
Feb 3, 2011 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
Nana-chii said:

I think it has more to do that has Soul Gems are being polluted the grief it grows consumes it to a point where it being a Grief seed makes whoever was a Magical Girl grow on the despair of another person to get stronger. Whereas Soul Gems are born out of hope of what the wish a Magical Girl chooses makes them fight. The screwed up thing is that why was it not shown that it grows when Kyoko pulled hers out it clearly showed no growth at all compared to Mami's and on top of that it could be that just certain things on it change. That would require extensive comparing to see.
Nana-chii said:
Oh there is an interesting thought! Perhaps that is true that easier witches are born from the regular humans, and the most powerful witches come from magical girls!
Agree with that, most likely is the case but I think more along the lines that familiars become witches property and are born from humans which are part of the ones the witch snuffed out their lives.
Yumekichi11 said:
What does get me weirder up is this and it looks like he is stimulating Sayaka's breasts? I mean I have seen this in some strip clubs or other porn promotions and looks like exactly as it is, a form of breast depiction in more awkward art depiction and yes I studied ero in art. I was thinking about the stimulation as being a form of energy production within the body to combine afterwards into what comes as the soul gem but that's just a IMO.
Nana-chii said:
This was something interesting I noticed as well. I would not be surprised at all if it was done intentionally. I think literally what happened was he was digging in Sayaka's soul. Though thinking of it as a stimulation in her soul to build up a soul gem is an interesting way to look at it.
Nana-chii said:
I think the image that was placed can perhaps be taken having multiple meanings, the vague imagery of him feeling her up could be some kind of reference to how he was stealing her innocence away, as once they become a magical girl's they are no longer able to go back to their normal carefree innocent lives.
Indeed and also goes back to him being a pervert. No surprise evil and demons alike are if not for most than for some.
Nana-chii said:
Even if you don't believe that witches are actually magical girls they still have blood on their hands cause if they fail to kill a familiar or a witch, assuming they don't die someone else who was completely innocent will die by the witch because they didn't stop them. (well assuming this how it really works....)

It's true feeling a burden is a major complexion that can arise because of all this burden and as such I feel Sayaka's responsibility in how she proceed to express to Kyoko. Kyoko should have just killed off that familiar first before declaring a fight towards Sayaka.
Nana-chii said:
Sorry if I am not making a whole lot of sense here but I am kind of tired and that is not good for speculating :P
Nah it's OK, I myself missed some stuff in episodes due to being tired.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Feb 3, 2011 7:15 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Feb 3, 2011 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7063
Kuze plays the violin better than that bratty loser kid.

"It's as fruitless as trying to raise the dead."
Someome get me a trollface.jpg for Homura
 
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »