Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
Well, that was one of the most bad ass things I have ever seen...
Jun 5, 2015 2:55 PM
Nov 2014
Reuental is a fucking boss, that's all I can say for this episode.
Jun 22, 2015 10:07 AM

May 2012
Very nice episode, it's good that he didn't die (yet) as Wakamoto Norio has to keep living till the end!
Jul 28, 2015 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
Happy that Grillpanzy got the treatment he deserved.

Poor Reuental. Massive respect to him for being able to continue to lead what little remain of his troops!
Jul 28, 2015 11:47 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Reinhard lost another great Admiral.
Jan 3, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
naikou said:
Reuental... what an awesome guy. It's too bad the narrator has told us like...19 times that he's going to die.

Agree, it was too obvious, he lost too much blood and received a severe wound. Another tragedy i guess, and I assume more will die and Julian will be the only major character left.
Jan 30, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2012
Wow when Reuenthal was impaled I let out a quick shriek. Hope no one heard that. That was rather short lived. It's actually more depressing that Reuenthal went through all of those leaps and bounds to suffer imminent defeat so quickly. In that sense, his true capabilities as a tactician weren't done justice since he was easily on par with Mittermeyer.

I can't help but feel sad for Grillpalzer as well. As Mecklinger mentioned, it seemed like he had a very bright future but was blinded by short term greed and the inability to read Reinhard's desires.
Jun 24, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2014
Should had executed Grillparzer's ass on the spot... fuck that snake!

Reuenthal is one tough SOB, I'll tell you that much.
Nov 10, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
Mittermeyer is so good, never expected that lol.
Great episode, but i must say this battle feels bad because i liked their friendship.
Jan 16, 2017 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
Some people say Reuental is just using soldier's life for his own good, which is not entirely true in my opinion.

Firstly, the soldiers are given choice to whether he want to join the "mission" or not, it's already been shown that Reuental spared those who don't want to participate the uprising. Which is why it's safe to say, the soldier who follow Obersteins to this usurpation have made up their mind, they choose him because they admire, respect the guy, proving that Reuental is just as "shining" as Reinhard is (well maybe a bit less).

Secondly, there are many other factors that make the siuation so messed up : the damn Terrarists plan, Reuental's ambition (he knows what Reinhard want and that is also what he wants as well), the doubt with Obersteins, etc. Together they've drawn Reuental to a corner where he is left with no alternative but to stand up and fight, for his pride, his ambition, and for his Kaiser as well. He's just too prideful to defend for himself, much like Obersteins who doesn't give 1 F about his surrounding, what's done is done, you can't talk over it anymore. This is how LoGH rolls, it's about men with great talent, will, ambition and filled with tragedy and bloodshed.
Sep 7, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Reuental just gained the title of badass. Its a shame he was outplayed by some conspiracy like this. Also I doubt that Reinhard would be happy to hear from Mecklinger that both he and Reuental where tricked by the terraists.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 31, 2017 7:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reuental couldn´t die in battle :/
Feb 13, 2018 5:30 PM
Dec 2014
The scene were they show all those amazing characters deaths was very painful yo watch.
Feb 27, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2016
That damnned Grillpatzer.
May 21, 2018 2:09 AM
Apr 2018
RIP Reuen....wait what?! Reuental is truly a badass. Freaking legend! Gets impaled and then just sits back in the chair shirtless. Amazing.

I don't get how you can hate Reuental and not hate Reinhard. Reinhard is an even worse warmonger and killed millions out of greed and boredom. Reuental gave his men a choice.

Grillpalzer needs to be executed. I correctly guessed that he planned the whole thing for a promotion. Arsehole.

Mecklinger has to tell right? How would the narrator know otherwise what happened? If he doesn't I'll be pissed.

I laughed so much when Bittenfelf asked Wahlen if he would fight him under the Kaiser's orders and Wahlen answered yes without even thinking.

Reuental's last mission is surely just to die right?

Power rankings:
1) Empire
2) Julian
3) Rubinski
4) Earth Cult. Now Mecklinger knows the truth the Kaiser will hate them even more if he finds out.
5) Goldenbaums
6) Reuental.

MVP: Reuental. Obviousy!
Nov 12, 2018 2:46 PM

Feb 2017
Bittenfeld was getting a little poetic there. Those trips to the arts have been paying off for him!
Nov 28, 2019 6:03 AM

Oct 2012
Damn Reuntal, he lost is so fast
He shouldn't pull the object from his body, because that thing was the only thing stopping the bleed
Or well he should try the surgery, at least to be able fight Reinhard before he die

I'm starting to understand Reuental
It seems the empire's soldiers didn't know anything about the previous betrayals
All of them ended up the same, miserable

I wish they sat down and drink together for the last time
There are so many things can be solved by just speaking to each other
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 4:20 PM

Nov 2016
That was pretty much Final Destination-esque, but damn, Reuenthal was GAR as hell. Easily one of my favs. Next episode will be tough..

And I agree with some other posters that Mecklinger is a character that should've gotten more screen time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 13, 2020 2:54 AM

Jan 2016
I'm sorry I hate Reunenthal. He killed millions upon millions of his own volk comrades just because he was too proud to apologize to Reinhard. He doesn't know the first thing about pride or being a man. His ego is so fragile that he feels like his reputation and life is over if he has to kiss the ring. He is the definition of an aristocratic egomaniac. Fuck him
Mar 12, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
Now it is the epic final moment of Reuental.

Even the greatest strategist can't win a war with an insecure army. Maybe Reuental knew it, but like it was said in the last episode: "Military are people with no salvation."

This war was meaningless from the begining and just helped the terraists with their plan. However, Reuental had the fun he wanted. No fear of the death, no regret of his decision. He will go to Valhalla happy and the empire will destruct itself from the inside.

And everything started because Reuental didn't choose the right soldiers to put in Urvasi.
SaydMar 12, 2020 10:29 PM
May 31, 2020 9:59 PM

Jul 2019
Reuental's an insecure little shit and Rubinski's puppet. He's an idiot who deserves no praise, just pity.

Aug 26, 2020 6:20 PM
Feb 2019
Reuental claimed to be so smart is such a moron from becoming a traitor, killing millions of innocent allies and friends, to simply taking the advice of a medical professional is beyond stupid. Maybe the doctor should have just medically induced a coma to end the rebellion and save his life.
Dec 31, 2020 11:22 PM
Jun 2017
I didn't expect the Reuental's Revolt to be so... short. Though of course, it couldn't have been in any other way. One decisive battle was the only way. Indeed, this was the most useless civil war.

I must concede that Reuental really shined in this episode as a character. I had never seen such a composed man on the brink of death. Even so, that isn't enough to exculpate him for his crimes. High treason, vanity, pride. Even if the rebellion started due to a Terraism scheme and was worsened by Grillpalzer's actions, that doesn't remove the weight of guilt from Reuental's shoulders. His actions still did kill millions of soldiers and weakened the Empire.

I don't understand how could he be the third most liked character of the series, according to this website. His vanity led him to his ultimate demise, along of that of numerous men and the general stability of the Empire, either by his own will or even worse, by being a piece in someone else's chess board.

Julian made the right decision. Even so, I'm starting to see the republicans just as a petty side story. The balance between democracy and autocracy in terms of screen time has been lost in favour to the Empire.
Apr 21, 2021 3:26 PM

Jul 2020
Well things don't look too great for Reuental now, he's been tough these past few episodes
Aug 8, 2021 11:48 AM

Jun 2020
finally showin em moving @ warp speed
Sep 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Dec 2018
never pull out anything that's impaled you idiot
Feb 21, 2022 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
Amirul5Ft0 said:
Reuental is a fucking boss, that's all I can say for this episode.

Such a badass. Wish he had the chance to go against Kaiser.
Jun 29, 2022 4:53 PM

Dec 2007
lol at reuntal's soldiers blaming grilpaltzer on being traitor. they are traitor of the empire themself, aren't they?

reunthal's chair dropping on reunthal himself. LOGTH and it's metaphors lol. just showing that his pride is what killing him.
never the less, it's actually what makes him a true fighter, and why people in LOGTH universe are admiring him. it was clear in this episode that he's man of his values.

so, mecklinger revealed the truth that was revealed already?
honestly, though grilpaltzer betrayal was interesting plot device, he really don't know reinhard.
"the mouse can't be friend of the lion"
damn mecklinger and his lines lol.

i'm glad that the narrator spoiled us reuntthal gonna be alive for another whole day lol.
i will be glad more if in the next 13 episodes reinhard gonna flat the earth cult and rubinsky down.

damn, thinking that there's only 13 episodes left makes my eyes tear :'(
i'm glad i'm having the gaiden series. if not i would probably stopped watching the series and watch it monthly lol. i'm so addicted to this.
Aug 3, 2022 8:31 PM
Jun 2022
RIP Reuental. Despite not considering him top 5 material, he was one of the most memorable characters in this show. His progression felt natural, but his demise did not. Perhaps the biggest flaw of this season is rushing his inevitable rebellion in a way that didn’t feel earned at all. Even without Grillpalzer’s evidence, this whole situation could’ve been avoided. Shame Reinhard x Reuental ended up being a festival of lazy writing.

Anyway, badass way to go, Oskar. You’ll be missed.

PS: Mecklinger is underrated. Wished he saw more of him.
Dec 21, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2018
And that's why you don't take the object out if you've been stabbed... also Reuntal is now too proud to have surgery??! Damn
Feb 21, 2023 5:35 AM

Aug 2018
Battle is advancing towards the end faster than expected.

To see such a great display of commandership while being injured really made Reuntal even more impressive character than he currently was. Can't believe hes prretty much sacrificing his lifespan and refusing to be hospitalised just to minimize the damage that has been done to the fleet.

Grillpalzer decided a terrible timing for the betrayl and Meclinger finaly got time to shine and show his really likable personality and philosophy of military.

Next episode might just hit harder than I want it to
Oct 2, 2023 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusOct 2, 2023 4:41 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.