Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 4, 2013 5:44 AM

Mar 2013
Jim_Heart said:
I wanted to cry while I was seeing that conversation of Reuenthal and Mittermeyer.. So sad those friends must have a duel..
I have a bad feeling that Reuenthal will not have a chance to face Kaiser because he will lose to Mittermeyer in the end maybe..

The best shippiest-ship ship ever, literally... Reuenthal and Mittermeyer. (;A;)
Aug 7, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
This is so intense, I'm getting pumped even if it's just talking right now. I'm feeling both side's desire.
Oct 1, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . Few funny things happened in this episode. Though the biggest point for me (oddly enough) is what is going to happen to Reinhard's child? I wonder if he will ever even learn it existed or if their will be a miscarriage/abortion before he gets back . . . Anyways that whole mess with Hilda is getting worse.

Anyways, I wonder if Reuenthal will take out Mittenmeyer, that would suck, to lose both Fleet Admirals in one go. Would certainly lower the Empire's military power . . . Although with no enemy force (terrorists / Iserlohn don't count) their really is no need for one.
May 1, 2014 3:50 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. Some serious shit is about to go down in next few episodes.
Aug 12, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2013
;___; Ugh, I hate this whole conflict. The one arc of the series so far that I'm not really buying into.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 16, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
Dam this whole situation really sucks. Two great characters and friends are going to have to fight each other just because of some scheming bastards plotting in the shadows. This is almost, if not as bad, as if we would've had to watch Kircheis and Reinhard fight each other :(
Dec 17, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
I'm kind of sick of Reinhard and Julian mourning over Kircheis and Wenli every episode.
Mar 14, 2015 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
It's sad to see Reuntal and Mittermeyer's relationship fall apart like that.
Jun 5, 2015 10:58 AM
Nov 2014
This is getting so good... I really don't want Reuental to fight against his bro but I guess he got no choice. Oh well, I'm excited for this battle already.
Jun 21, 2015 4:52 PM

May 2012
Very impressive development but I sure didn't expect that ending between Reuntal and Mittermeyer! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 15, 2015 11:52 AM
Mar 2015
Vexper said:
;___; Ugh, I hate this whole conflict. The one arc of the series so far that I'm not really buying into.

This
Jul 28, 2015 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
Reuental's death seems imminent at this point. I'm feeling bad for Mittermeyer :(
Jul 28, 2015 11:42 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Probably one of the most valiant deaths ever.
Jun 24, 2016 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
I really wished that these two didn't have to fight :/

I can't believe there's still Imperial soldiers that doesn't get that the Kaiser doesn't take too well to traitors, regardless of what side they are on. Grillparzer and Knappstein are in for a rude awakening.
Oct 24, 2016 2:47 PM

Nov 2010
The Reuenthal rebellion was very painful for me to watch several years ago. It still resonates with me, nothing has changed since then.

The conversation of two friends was one of the best moments of this episode.
Reuenthal is my favourite character from the LoGH (slightly above Yang) but iin this situation I can relate to Mittermeyer's feelings.
It was very difficult for him.
If I were in his place, I would try to do the same - to convince Reuenthal to sober up. :P
Oh yes, I think that Reuenthal behaves like an idiot here.
It's hard for me to understand Oskar's voluntary submission to Oberstein's & Lang's schemes and his harsh words towards Wolfie.
I enjoyed Mittermeyer's line: "We all must wake up from our dreams sometime. After we wake up, what happens then?". So true!
Although Reuenthal's answer was also good. And "the Senior and Junior Emperor" made me smile. So absurd, it's almost cute.
Dec 31, 2017 3:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Julian´s decision was the best!!!
May 21, 2018 12:53 AM
Apr 2018
Yeah so Reinhard and Reuental continue to be two arseholes while Mittermeyer and Muller are just the best.

Grillparzer is a twat too. He knows Reuental didn't do anything wrong for a fact but is keeping it to himself in order to get a promotion. Jerk.

Julian made the right choice, sadly. Hopefully the Empire completely implodes.

Power rankings:

1) Empire. They will win this battle but likely will lose a couple of admirals including Mittermeyer.
2) Julian. Yeah, they made the right choice.
3) Reuental. Any chance they have now is over thanks to Julian.
4) Phezzan
5) Earth Cult- This plot is going to have to be resolved soon....
5) Goldenbaums. They got another mention.

MVP: Muller. He tried, but Reinhard is just a war hungry tyrant that he won't listen.
Nov 12, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2017
I know several characters said it was strategically and politically unwise for Julian to join with Reuenthal, but I still really wanted to see the outcome of those two on the same team. Julian already respects Reuenthal quite a bit just from analyzing his decisions.
Jan 17, 2019 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
JohnWoo said:
Yeah so Reinhard and Reuental continue to be two arseholes while Mittermeyer and Muller are just the best.

Grillparzer is a twat too. He knows Reuental didn't do anything wrong for a fact but is keeping it to himself in order to get a promotion. Jerk.

Julian made the right choice, sadly. Hopefully the Empire completely implodes.

Power rankings:

1) Empire. They will win this battle but likely will lose a couple of admirals including Mittermeyer.
2) Julian. Yeah, they made the right choice.
3) Reuental. Any chance they have now is over thanks to Julian.
4) Phezzan
5) Earth Cult- This plot is going to have to be resolved soon....
5) Goldenbaums. They got another mention.

MVP: Muller. He tried, but Reinhard is just a war hungry tyrant that he won't listen.

I don't think you understand the definition of the word "tyrant".

While there's definitely a lack of communication between Reuenthal and the Kaiser, Reuenthal is undoubtedly in the wrong here. Upon being setup, he was too prideful to try and clear his name. However, there's also the mutual element of desiring a worthy opponent - I feel he's trying to fulfill the Kaiser's wishes just as much as his own. The Kaiser has had the deaths of both Friedrich von Goldenbaum and Yang Wenli taken from him, so his feelings are understandable. He's a little too fiery for his own good, but he's far from bloodthirsty or a tyrant (so far).
Aug 20, 2019 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
why does reuntal have to act like a 15 yo

Nov 27, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2012
It's just impossible Reuntal.. it's just not possible for you to win this
I can't understand Reuntal's way of thinking.. he challenged Reinhard just to "entertain" him in a way
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Very intriguing episode again, but I don't want to see this, it's just so fucked up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 12, 2020 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
This episode is so underrated while being absolutely fantastic. I wish this show was more of this drama and tenseness and less meanginelss conversations.
The dual victory motivations is great too. Reinhard is fighting to prevent the collapse of the empire and Reunenthal is fighting against corruption. The soldiers also have reason to side with Reuenthal over the kaiser too because it is very likely that Reinhard will die of his illness therefore the empire will fall into the hands of (((subversive))) outside figures. Both sides are just in their war.
DhaarokFeb 12, 2020 9:41 PM
May 7, 2020 10:40 AM
Sep 2017
ThePuisiitis said:
Eh, all these 90-95 episodes i've been thinking about this ... what about the millions of soldiers etc that are going to die in this pointless war, just because of some peoples pride. I'd say Reuental etc are nothing more than dirt.
Comrades fighting between themselves, millions of wives, children and parents suffering for this, war trauma.

Yeah same, do they really not consider those things at all >< Can Reuentahl really ignore the losses just because of his pride and desire to give meaning for his existence? Was he that foul he was ready to sacrifice people in this war just for such things.. his character seemed wiser until now! Meddeling with women maybe yes, but not trashing soldiers into death for these kind of reasons...

Sad said:

Again, same.. I do like the conversations between the characters, but I cannot fully enjoy all this, it just seems a forced conflict to begin with, and unnecessary as well. There could have been other things to fill the story with, more corrupt or treacherous people, but the admirals fighting amongst each other: it's hard to believe in. I'm losing a lot of interest in these episodes.. I hope it picks up soon.

Mittermeyer is one of my favourite characters though, I really hope he makes it alive !
Aug 25, 2020 5:45 PM
Feb 2019
Abandon all logic ye who enter here!

One month millions of soldiers fight to die for Lohengramm. The next month millions of the same soldiers fight to die for Reuenthal without protest, abandonment, or rebellion.

It would be acceptable if there was a reason, a real strong reason to motivate millions of soldiers to change face. Alas, there is not.

With a heavy heart, LOGH has dropped to an 8/10 for me.
ModelacrossiAug 25, 2020 5:50 PM
Dec 30, 2020 9:55 PM
Jun 2017
Julian so far has taken the road I predicted as the best. He has already turned down Reuental, so now he only has to deal with him as a potential enemy. Now the issue is if he will side with Reinhard (and gain some leverage by making the Empire owing them one) or turn him down too, which would make their position even more isolated. Both militarily and politically, siding with Reinhard is the best option.

Reuental is indeed fighting for pride. He is fighting for a dream. In a way, he reminds me of Griffith.

I can't really say who is Grillpalzer loyal to. In any way, I raised a red flag for Oberstein. As I have said, there have been no shows of him actually trying to monopolize the government, but he is pretty much universally hated.

My, my, Karin is a fully fledged tsundere.

I share the opinion of many here when it comes to saying this is an unnecessary conflict. Yes, everyone hates Oberstein, but is that hate so strong as to make millions of soldiers to rise in arms? Even though they are strictly following Reuental, would they really be so eager to fight against Mittermeyer and the Kaiser himself?

Also, it's irresponsible from Reuental to waste so many lives and resources. I'm glad they stripped him from his rank and position due to his senseless pride. Reuental easily made a name for himself in history. He already was a Fleet Admiral, the Chief of High Command and also the Governor-General of Neue Land. That alone would have made him shine with a distinctive light from the Kaiser's in the universe of History, but he chose to go down due to his useless pride, in the shameful way of the traitor.

If only he had reassured his loyalty to the Kaiser (even more knowing that Reinhard would heartfeltedly pardon him, given the past false accusation), none of this would be happening. Even so, Reinhard is to blame, too. His past statement really gave foot to Reinhard to revolt.

Ah, if only they had all followed Oberstein advice of not letting anyone grow so strong... Oberstein knew this would happen from the beginning. If not, he wouldn't have objected to Reuental being given the Consulship, and wouldn't have advocated for Lennenkampt instead. Oberstein knows!
PaulotronatorDec 30, 2020 10:05 PM
Jun 15, 2021 4:55 AM

Nov 2018
Reuenthal > Emperor Of Arrogance , too bad his hair is not blond and shiny
I hate everyone equally
Aug 7, 2021 6:00 PM

Jun 2020
respect 4 reuenthal jus went
📉📉📉📉📉📉📉📉📉
Sep 4, 2021 5:10 PM

Dec 2018
first off i've been meaning to say this but the opening for this season has been absolute garbage
grillparzer was lying, i'm not sure if he got roped into the earth cult since he failed to uncover the findings, if so then he's not really loyal to either side and was just saying that crap to get his friend to join
julian did alright, even if i don't really like him. he has the charisma of wet cardboard. i don't like anyone but like three people in that whole team either. never have.
show's almost over and no one has even bothered to entertain the thought that a third party is causing all of this chaos. frustrating.
Feb 12, 2022 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
Ezekiel said:
Why did Poplan hide when he saw Murai? I don't remember what happened between them.

NOthing really happened. Murai was just a grinch when he was there who ripped into Poplan all the time.
Mar 12, 2022 10:35 AM

Dec 2021
bnp said:
why does reuntal have to act like a 15 yo

that profile pic is disturbing

and i dont even fuck with MHA lol
Mar 12, 2022 10:37 AM

Dec 2021
StateofOhayo said:
first off i've been meaning to say this but the opening for this season has been absolute garbage
grillparzer was lying, i'm not sure if he got roped into the earth cult since he failed to uncover the findings, if so then he's not really loyal to either side and was just saying that crap to get his friend to join
julian did alright, even if i don't really like him. he has the charisma of wet cardboard. i don't like anyone but like three people in that whole team either. never have.
show's almost over and no one has even bothered to entertain the thought that a third party is causing all of this chaos. frustrating.

i feel like you only leave comments on this show when its something to hate on .... shame

get that hate out your heart
Mar 12, 2022 8:02 PM

Dec 2018
kushmonatl said:
StateofOhayo said:

i feel like you only leave comments on this show when its something to hate on .... shame

appreciate the stalking but yeah something i've been ruminating upon recently
i like you
give me your adress so i can send some preparation h for your butthurt

but seriously it's not a bad observation just stop lurking my shit
Mar 12, 2022 8:35 PM

Dec 2021
StateofOhayo said:
kushmonatl said:

i like you

calm down douche maybe we can be friends :)

i only peeped because im currently rewatching LOGH and everyone is having a grand in the comment sections except you :P ;)
Mar 13, 2022 12:31 PM

Dec 2018
kushmonatl said:
StateofOhayo said:

i like you

i only peeped because im currently rewatching LOGH and everyone is having a grand in the comment sections except you :P ;)

okay i'll take the friends thing
i'm a crotchety bastard from time to time and well aware i need a little more positivity
LOGH is a great show that suffers here and there with lazy animation and questionable writing so it can be frustrating to watch if you end up having too high of expectations.

cheers bro
Mar 16, 2022 9:43 PM

Dec 2021
StateofOhayo said:
kushmonatl said:

okay i'll take the friends thing
i'm a crotchety bastard from time to time and well aware i need a little more positivity
LOGH is a great show that suffers here and there with lazy animation and questionable writing so it can be frustrating to watch if you end up having too high of expectations.

cheers bro

cheers , i was just poking fun lol happy anime hunting !
Jun 27, 2022 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
it was quite expected for reunthal to ask myrtmyer to join his rebellion. though i honestly cannot understand how he's wiser than myrtmyer here. he really just lost his head over this "pride". almost as the author of the story is forcing him to make it. it's true that he had rebellion intentions before, but even in my imagination seeing him rebelling i haven't seeing him going head to head vs myrtmyer.
that conversation was harsh. seems their friendship had officially ended.

i dunno if i'm glad julian haven't took that "route" to support reunthal. on the responsibility side, he's good leader. plot wise, it would be much interesting and could lead to their next stage rather than hiding in isserlohn for the next war. basically it's just making the whole isserlohn party boring and unneeded to the current plot.
it was hilarious to see poplan running away from murai though LOL.

reinhard have his own thinking about reunthal reason to fight him - the fact the he is the one causing reunthal to rebel. lol
Aug 3, 2022 7:19 AM
Jun 2022
I can’t shake off the feeling that this whole situation is too forced. Reuental is going to sacrifice thousands of lives just so he can proudly stand up to Reinhard. C’mon guys, even Lang’s out of the picture, there’s no real reason to fight. Fuck Grillpalzer

Nice seeing sharp-looking Murai back. Glad Julian made the right call and denied his proposal. He’s really growing as a leader.

Sad to see Oskar x Wolf. They shouldn’t be forced to battle each other. Let’s see how it all goes.

3/5.
Dec 20, 2022 4:14 PM

May 2018
Good thing Julian didn't fall for the bait. Iserlohn would have fallen without Yang
Feb 20, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2018
Intense and very important decision episode,

Great seeing Murai appear again even if its for a brief meet with Julian, but the whole decision seems to be at a Reunthal's dissadvantage.

The Mittermeyer and Reunthal conversation was very well constructed, really making us feel that neither one them has a super strong and absolutely correct argument agains't each other.

In the end, next episode is probably gonna be big clash itself

Jun 27, 2023 2:21 PM
Mar 2020
that friggin heterochromic theater kid makes me wanna smash my screen too, even if its very much well written but ARGH
Sep 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.