Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 22, 2014 10:46 PM

Jan 2013
The villagers behaviour is unacceptable. I understand killing Shiki, but to kill normal humans for no apparent reason is worse.
And Seishin as a character is just plain disappointing. I can understand his reluctance to kill Shiki; but rather than hiding, he could've tried to change Toshio's mind. Being such a strong man of his principles, its disappointing to see him not able to do something to stop this gorefest..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 23, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
The villagers behaviour is unacceptable. I understand killing Shiki, but to kill normal humans for no apparent reason is worse.
And Seishin as a character is just plain disappointing. I can understand his reluctance to kill Shiki; but rather than hiding, he could've tried to change Toshio's mind. Being such a strong man of his principles, its disappointing to see him not able to do something to stop this gorefest..

You try and stop a man who is willing to experiment on his own wife to kill every single shiki. The doctor is determined to do what ever is necessary to kill the shiki he didn't even do crap about the killing of the temple people
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
May 19, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
Those women are something else; throwing vampire bodies, driving a stake through the heart and having tea breaks. XD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 12, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
So much blood...

Damn...

Now to watch the finale. I was hoping Sunako would awaken at the last second and save him.
Jul 5, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
As the last few episodes progress, the humans become more and more like monsters, and the Shiki become more of the victims.

Watching Miwako die for no reason was pretty shocking.

Seeing Ritsuko with a stake in her chest was sad too...
My Candies:
Sep 3, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
That show is depressing :(
May that village burn down to ashes and disappear forever.

No happy end for the shiki. No happy end for the humans. Only suffering.

What is Natsuno up to? Well, I understand that he took control of Seishirou, but what else is he doing?

I liked Tatsumi reason on why he would gladly give his life for Sunako. The purest loyalty there is.

Can't believe there is only one episode left. I really wonder how they'll end everything. Such a depressing show... sigh
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
Very brutal episode with the bipolar villagers killing everybody.They're totally paranoid about who could be in cahoots with the shiki so in a sense, you can't blame them.I too hope that Sunako won't survive.I was never a big fan of hers and she pretty much creeps me out.I'm not the least bit sorry for her.Just because she tries to justify killing doesn't mean she's the least bit innocent in this.It seems that Seishin might die of blood loss (that's a nasty wound).Well,I guess that's what you get for turning your back on humanity and siding with the shiki.
Incr3dibl3Sep 5, 2014 11:35 PM
Sep 11, 2014 10:09 AM
Aug 2014
This broke my heart. So many tears, so much death, so much hatred. I understand why villagers went and killed everyone and it's so realistic to what would happen.
Oct 19, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
Jesus Christ, the show was semi dark to begin with, nothing too over the top in terms of brutality, fairly normal for a vampire anime... then episodes 20-21 came up. The villagers have become full on psychopaths, and I'm feeling sorry for the Shiki...
Oct 25, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
fml
Tohru........ ugh. Fuck this is sad :-(
I wanted him to at least die alongside Natsuno, not the nurse

Seishirou(?) shooting that werewolf though. Did Natsuno control him? If a shiki bites another shiki, can they control them ???? shikiception??

I think Seishin helped Sunako and Tatsumi because he felt sorry for them. He saw them as "brothers" or "relatives" of the human race, and felt the obligation to help them.
... Which was weird. I was weirded out by his "the older brother and the younger brother were really one" story.

Incr3dibl3 said:
I too hope that Sunako won't survive.I was never a big fan of hers and she pretty much creeps me out.I'm not the least bit sorry for her.

You took the words right out my mouth.
Ugh I swear if Sunako survives while Tohru didn't, I'm done. I'll also be pissed off if Sunako survives and at the end of the series we see her killing new people in a new town. lmao
LOADOct 25, 2014 1:11 PM
Nov 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
Nov 11, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2012

Also I don't agree with the folks that are like "the villagers are the worst!" The shiki killed to survive now the villages are killing to survive. Only difference is that the villagers were the victim in the majority of the show and this is their retaliation. GO VILLAGERS WOOTWOOT~!
Shimapan-chanNov 11, 2014 9:28 PM
Nov 30, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2014
Shimapan-chan said:

Also I don't agree with the folks that are like "the villagers are the worst!" The shiki killed to survive now the villages are killing to survive. Only difference is that the villagers were the victim in the majority of the show and this is their retaliation. GO VILLAGERS WOOTWOOT~!

True. Also I don't get it why people like Sunako. She IS the root of all problem and she sacrifices her comrades for her safety. If only she weren't a little girl people would have been like "look at that pussy-ass villian running away to save his own ass" .The only reason people like Megumi and Sunako is because they are cute.
Dec 2, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
Cookiestroke said:
Shimapan-chan said:

True. Also I don't get it why people like Sunako. She IS the root of all problem and she sacrifices her comrades for her safety. If only she weren't a little girl people would have been like "look at that pussy-ass villian running away to save his own ass" .The only reason people like Megumi and Sunako is because they are cute.

wrong I like them because I can understand what there going though....but you seem to just let all te shit thee humans have done slide

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Dec 12, 2014 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Was rooting for the humans.
Now I'm not so sure. They can go f*** themselves for all I care.
Jan 12, 2015 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
The villagers are impulsed by fear, that's for sure, but they're worse than shiki now...
And I don't know if I love or hate the monk, I'm so confused! It's been a while since an anime made me feel like this.
I don't feel sorry for Sunako at all. Never liked her character, and I don't care what happened to her in her past, she's still a murderer. Damn. So frustrating!
Jan 16, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
Holy Shit what just happened you can't kill people that's bullshit
Are they going to survive by killing each other?
Jan 28, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2012
Cnon said:
Holy Shit what just happened you can't kill people that's bullshit
Are they going to survive by killing each other?

how does that work?

im a shiki supporter

Feb 1, 2015 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking bastards killed shrine people even though they had nothing to do with it
Feb 3, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
Holybum said:
Fucking bastards killed shrine people even though they had nothing to do with it
that's humans for you....

im a shiki supporter

Feb 6, 2015 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
Seishin please die painfully, I genuinely hate your existence.
Feb 7, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2012
blessofcurse said:
Seishin please die painfully, I genuinely hate your existence.

His better then that lapdog doctor

im a shiki supporter

Feb 7, 2015 9:47 AM
Jul 2013
Damn ..... I enjoyed this anime since it's my first one about Vampires and must say it has it's own climate and it sucked me very fast to watch it even tho it was progressing a bit slow time by time. There are many favorite characters which I like but the main one are Sunako and Megumi. Megumi because of her touching personality and I really doesn't know what I like about Sunako but she caught my eye. For example I never liked Natsuno Yuuki, he's just so cold and strange. Anyway I have enjoyed this anime a lot and wished that Megumi had survived this but well what can you do ?

P.S Do you guys think there might series 2 coming out ? The reason I'm saying it is that Muroi and Sunako managed to escape at the end.
Feb 7, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Tomasz-Sama said:
Damn ..... I enjoyed this anime since it's my first one about Vampires and must say it has it's own climate and it sucked me very fast to watch it even tho it was progressing a bit slow time by time. There are many favorite characters which I like but the main one are Sunako and Megumi. Megumi because of her touching personality and I really doesn't know what I like about Sunako but she caught my eye. For example I never liked Natsuno Yuuki, he's just so cold and strange. Anyway I have enjoyed this anime a lot and wished that Megumi had survived this but well what can you do ?

P.S Do you guys think there might series 2 coming out ? The reason I'm saying it is that Muroi and Sunako managed to escape at the end.

No there isn't.

The show is about how humans become more monster then the actual monsters

im a shiki supporter

Jun 16, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
Well damn the villagers have gone completely crazy, be throwing bodies around and having tea breaks like it ain't no bid deal. As well as killing people who could've been saved, wtf man. But I still feel no symphaty for the shiki, they don't deserve to live, they have to die.
Jun 27, 2015 3:17 AM

Jun 2011
Sorry but I cannot understand the way these humans think. I think they have all gone crazy. It isn't safe anymore to keep them alive.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 30, 2015 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
I shed the manliest tear when Tohru was seen dead next to the nurse. It would have been much more heartwarming to have seen him reconcile with Natsuno (not that it was really necessary, considering Natsuno never held a grudge against him, but my BL feels), but than again it would have deviated from the shows currently tense and dark atmosphere.

Ahhh Natsuno being our great MC again. Taking control of Seishirou like that. Ahh yiss.

Will Seishin win? Will Ozaki win? Shiki or human? Ahhh let's see next episode.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Aug 13, 2015 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
I like how the events of these last few episodes have driven a rift between the viewers in support of the humans, seeing the shiki as volatile creatures who still live off human life and the viewers in support of the shiki who see how barbaric, monstrous, and cruel the humans have become - more so than the shiki ever were. The rift is as deep as the rift between the humans and shiki in the actual series.

I don't know who I'm intended to support at this point, because the above observations all remain true. If the point of this series was to drop every single character in the show into a morally ambiguous gray area, it surely succeeded.

Ultimately, although I despise the depths of cruelty and remorselessness to which they have sunk, I am still in support of the humans. But is it too much for me to hope Seishin and Sunako survive, anyway? And Dr. Ozaki, of course, since he is by far the best character in this show.

The opening scene of this episode literally made me sick.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 18, 2015 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Wait how did Yasuyo escape that dog attack unscathed? She looked as if she were done. The mob mentality has really gotten to these folks. What was there to gain from killing Seishin's parents besides assuaging their paranoia?
Sep 1, 2015 2:53 PM

May 2010
Most of you don't even understand Muroi's character. He's different from others. He's got a more radical way of thinking (similar to Ozaki's, yet they differ at a point. Ozaki is more logical while Muroi is more imaginative) On top of it, the shiki he once could only think or write about, have come to life. As a result, he understands them better than anyone else, even Ozaki. He knows their pain, their suffering. That is why when he hears Sunako, he can't help but get curious. He empathizes with her. She understands him, they both do it actually. This is why he goes this far to protect her. I say he is an interesting character, not everyone has to be involved in action. There must be more, as I am saying this based on what I have watched so far, and I am looking forward to read it.

These villagers have gone insane, beyond salvageable. I say, a calamity hits this village and ends it all. Like what the heck? They are eating food and smiling among dead corpses... Also, they are killing innocent human beings in their fury. I don't care about such people. Only few of them are forgivable, rest are acting like the mobs they are. Pathetic. I am not taking Shiki's side, but humans aren't any better if not worse.

Ricchan was truly the noblest character of this anime, I liked her for her unwavering courage. Shame her friend couldn't return the favor (even if she tried, no one would have listened to her anyway. She did try to mention that they forgive her friend but nah, these villagers are too inhuman for that) R.I.P.
TragicRomanceSep 1, 2015 3:19 PM
Sep 7, 2015 4:21 PM
Oct 2013
bakuramariks said:
I came to like Seishin with this episode, I never hated him in the first place, but now i like him. He just don't want to kill anyone, because unlike Ozaki and the villagers, he realizes that even if shikis are dead, now they have a life, they are the same as what they were when they were alive, they are creatures a little different from humans, but have the right to live, like dogs, cats etc. People kill in order to feed themselves and live, but now, you see, shikis attacked humans, so they must die. Like always, humans think they are superior to any other being on Earth. Well, this episode shows that we aren't and sometimes we act more disgusting than any other creature.

Totally Agree.

Humans are the real "Devils/Demons"

Dec 14, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2015
No more humanity left. Most of the Shiki were once villagers. They were once family, the same people that the villagers grieved for when they died. Did you really have to brutally massacre the Shiki like they were monsters. Humans exposed for the selfish creatures that they are. Caring for no one, but themselves.
Feb 22, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
1 more episode left.
Mar 11, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2014
I find it weird they killed those people at the temple...
Seishin tries hard to do as much good as possible, yet he is in despair.
I support him and Ritsuko (RIP) the most. And Natsuno Yuuki, too.
I wonder where he is now lol xD
Apr 5, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2015
bakuramariks said:
YuliLake said:
If Sunako dies, i will cry!

Villagers are the worst.

I already cried ;_;

I hate the villagers. I loathe them! Please, at least let Sunako lives.

so she can kill more people?

i really do not get why people are defending these monsters. especially if you have seen 20.5, i have literally 0% of anything to defend them with. they singlehandedly destroyed that mother's life and her mind.

Ushitsune said:

And when I saw Tohru and Ritsuko... I couldn't believe it.

yeah, agreed. it was hard to sink in.

wakka9ca said:

No killing is "granted". Again, I'm not a big fan of using survival as an excuse for everything. The humans killing shiki is still ok but obviously they are going too far. Anyone who fails to see that are as lost in their obsession for revenge and bloodlust than the villagers in this series.

And I don't want to repeat myself again concerning all this Muroi-hating. I gave up. I'll lower my standards and not waste my time arguing over this. I just find it funny most people hate him. I would say the adaptation did a nice job portraying that character.

you obviously most likely do not understand the psychology work this has been putting on these guys. it IS granted. so many of these shiki have killed people they have loved and known for years so they ARE going to kill people with even a sniffing of suspicion. no-one is saying it's right. but it will happen and you can't blame them.

ariapokoteng said:

The thing is that vampires and people can coexist only if the latters hunt the formers.
You let shikis be - they multiply. Just like rats. Or locusts. More shikis - more blood required - even more shikis as the result. If no one hunts them - human race would just extinct in no time.
If Sunako & Co would have wanted just to live happily, they should have been keeping the shiki population on the very low levels. Say, just only Kirishikis themselves. No laying hands on the villagers. They attack people from the city - so they have enough food to survive. that way no one would give a damn about Kanemasa and they could live there as long as they please.
Yet Sunako decided to turn the whole village into shikis. They got what they deserved.

SO MUCH YES IN THIS POST.

i wouldn't say they deserved it more than its what was eventually going to happen. they had it coming more than they deserved it, which they do. but it's more an event that would happen anyway.

Fang-tan said:
Wow. Why does everyone hate Sunako? She wasn't selfish in her actions in anyway. Natsuno is the one who needs to be impaled ten times over.

sunako acts like she doesn't want to kill humans WHEN SHE DOES. if she feels that terrible about it she could at least try to raid blood donation places/events, and things like that. but she doesn't. she wants to kill humans and doesn't care. "Well, I need to eat." NO YOU DON'T. GO DIE IF YOU FEEL THAT BAD.

she's different from toru due to that toru feels that it's hopeless. he has a very big deference to the idea of being a shiki and hates himself for it and thus gives into the feelings even though he hates it. it's even possible he doesn't kill himself (not by starving but by staking himself) because he feels he deserves to live with the hatred and pain of him killing his friend.
sunako knows she is going to kill humans and doesn't care. tatsumi is all like "Oh, I like her because she is such a fighter" but she doesn't fight the urge to kill humans? yeah ok. sunako is the most evil of them all (thus her being the leader and thus tatsumi being greatly interested in her). think about it. if someone who is TRULY evil like tatsumi and mr. 'shiki are greatly interested in someone like sunako, shouldn't that give you a clue on what she really is?

nastuno hates all of them for taking away his best friend and trying to kill his other one (akira), and taking away his chance at leaving the village, and he deserves to have those feelings.

Xayoz said:
shadowii said:
1.What does Natsuno's stance mean to you?

It rather puzzles me.
So your best friend gets killed, yet comes back virtually unchanged.
You get turned into a awesome immortal with basically no rules or limitations.
What do you do?
'I'M GONNA KILL EVERYONE! (and hope to die myself as well)'

God, I'm really starting to hate misantropic people.

Or are you saying Natsuno fights against Shiki for he is a noble hero who has developed a deep love for the village (witch he openly claims to dislike) and all of it's inhabitants?
Pff.
To me he is just an angsty wuss who, out of some adolescent stubbornness, refuses to adapt.

shadowii said:
2.What does it mean to you that 90% of the shiki side were villagers prior to dieing?

It means that the 'living' villagers are not just killing some foreign horde, trying to drive them out of their homes but butchering their own friends and families.

"virtually unchanged"? HE'S DEAD AND HE KILLS PEOPLE. he's angry at the shiki for KILLING his friend. his friend is NOT alive. he's a creature abandoned by God (in this story, at least). and the shiki made him into that. how can you not understand this?

Hana-kei said:

He explained his real wish referring his story this week.
first, he felt sympathy for shikis who have become a monster without their intent, because, to him, shikis seemed to be completely equal to living people. People kill animals to live, shikis kill humans to live, because it's necessary for them. So, he couldn't accept to kill shikis.
And, he's born in a temple as head monk's son, he needed to be a good, kind, and nice man as villagers expect him to be. He was quite bored and tired of his life. He wanted to jettison his burden and become free. But there was no place for him to escape to. So he slashed his wrist and attempted to die. The young brother of the story is probably his self-projection. But he didn't die and so he become the young monk as people want him to be.
That’s why he said "If what Sunako said is true, perhaps I have some intent to kill against the village” on the end of epsode 19.

He is no better than dead mentally. So he's gone to the dead side. Because, he could felt more sympathy for shiki than for living people.
I thought of those kind of things about him. Well, it's just my conjecture though.

so by his "monk lifestyle" he was anything but. that at least helps me understand (but not justify) him more.

shadowii said:

you should read the manga
tohru and Natsuno met again there before Ritsuo even died the first time

PLEASE give the chapter. i can't find it anywhere.

vivichi said:

I think it's only natural that the shikis need to kill humans in order to live, it's just like us humans have to kill animals to feed ourselves.

LOL NO. vegan anyone?

i love animals, i even consider them better than humans, but to say that "Well, it's ok to feed yourself on humans since humans do it to animals" is wrong.

since humans are not animals. the end.

or else animals that eat humans can also go on trial and go to jail. you cannot make animals and humans the same thing. and like i said, humans can survive their whole lives not eating a single piece of animal meat.

the shiki have no leg to stand on when they use that excuse. they are filth that need to die.

Sunako is disgusting me. She is blabbering all the time about being scared of dying. How about thinking of the humans? They have to die because they are her meals. It's great that she talks about the stuff that she knows exactly how wrong it was for her to kill so many people but if it's about her dead, she's scared? Sunako are you kidding me? If you dare to kill, then you should also think about being killed in return, lol.

pretty much why i'm hating her.

ArtVandelay1 said:
How fucked up is your sense of justice and logic, guys?

Yeah, of course, the Shikis have the right to live. So what? They are eating normal people, and they therefore have the right to defend theirselves. If they have to kill the Shiki in order to survive, then that's perfectly fine.

The villagers killing the Young Monks parents was perfectly normal, too. This is a matter of life and death here. If one of them had truly been a traitor, then the whole village could have died. Avoiding collateral damage isn't as fucking important as making sure you will survive, because the Monk's an obvious threat and their life is gravely endangered.
Imagine being one of the villagers without becoming too emotional just because Sunako is oh-so-pitiful (she isn't, the anime has just managed to make the villains seem like they are righteous too, so that the last episodes are more dramatic and climatic). What would have been more bearable to you, killing 3 innocent people or dieing because you didn't kill them?

It's extremely hypocritical to say that they have a right to live by eating the villagers but saying that the villagers shouldn't kill them.

EXACTLY.

bakuramariks said:
The little girl is not selfish. Of course people (in this case a shiki) think first of themselves. This is my life, this is me, my instinct tell me to save myself. It's the case with anybody. Wanting to life, to save yourself, to live good, to want something for yourself isn't selfish.

but she's acting like she's not only thinking about herself. THUS, HER MAKING AN ENTIRE VILLAGE OF SHIKI TO SHARE HER MISERY.

THIS WHOLE IDEA IS. ABOUT. HER. how did she react when any of the shiki died? "We can still do it", is what she said. she had literally no emotion whatsoever. i once thought the shiki could have no emotion but when toru was changed he definitely proved that. so there is no leg for her to stand on. how did she react when her "mom" was killed? "Whoa, too bad, then. Let's keep doing it." but all of a sudden when HER life is under danger, NOW we get the philosophical damage control, ACTUAL TEARS, actually worrying about life and the whole thing. this little demon in self-denial about herself already being dead needs to die.

KitchenAppliance said:
Sunako is already dead.

She's past her expiration date, and she should accept that. The brat should just die already and stop killing innocent people just to make her already extended life even longer.

THANK YOU.

Trequartista said:

you are speaking in a sane mind, that hasn't had a family member killed by a shiki. it may not be acceptable but it sure as heck is 100% understandable. i don't blame them at all.

Animefreak17a said:

wrong I like them because I can understand what there going though....but you seem to just let all te shit thee humans have done slide

really? you're a shiki?

I WILL SEARCH YOU OUT AND KILL YOU MYSELF.
--------
the scene when they were eating and drinking in the beginning is my only complaint of the entire show. whether they were shiki or not, no-one would be acting all joyous killing things. not even zombies.

i serverly hate seishin. i have no idea why he's on the shiki's side. but to know that he hated his life and what it stood for was still a surprise.

AWESOME NATSUNO FOR ATTACKING MR 'SHIKI! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

my heart broke when i saw toru and his never-to-b gf. that was much too sad. i'm kinda glad they didn't show their being killed, though, that would have been too much for the audience. tbh i thought natsuno was going to do him in himself when everyone else was killed. but then again this would have never happened if it wasn't for megumi, and it REALLY wouldn't have happened if the shikis never came. he needs to die because he was already dead.

PLEASE SUNAKO DIE. PLEASE DIE NEXT EP. and screw seishin for barely caring about his parents.
Apr 5, 2016 11:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
TomDay said:

wakka9ca said:

No killing is "granted". Again, I'm not a big fan of using survival as an excuse for everything. The humans killing shiki is still ok but obviously they are going too far. Anyone who fails to see that are as lost in their obsession for revenge and bloodlust than the villagers in this series.

And I don't want to repeat myself again concerning all this Muroi-hating. I gave up. I'll lower my standards and not waste my time arguing over this. I just find it funny most people hate him. I would say the adaptation did a nice job portraying that character.

you obviously most likely do not understand the psychology work this has been putting on these guys. it IS granted. so many of these shiki have killed people they have loved and known for years so they ARE going to kill people with even a sniffing of suspicion. no-one is saying it's right. but it will happen and you can't blame them.

You are misunderstanding my quote. What I meant is that the judgement and choice can be clouded by emotion.

Rationality is still something that can counteract emotions. One of the themes of this series is to show what pushed that balance to be broken, making the villagers act like a mindless and violent mob. At the same time, it's also a matter of life or death, of humans pitted against Shiki's. That's how the series is set up and I merely said that I am not a fan of such a setup.

Still a good series though, after all these years I still remember.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 7, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2015
wakka9ca said:

You are misunderstanding my quote. What I meant is that the judgement and choice can be clouded by emotion.

Rationality is still something that can counteract emotions. One of the themes of this series is to show what pushed that balance to be broken, making the villagers act like a mindless and violent mob. At the same time, it's also a matter of life or death, of humans pitted against Shiki's. That's how the series is set up and I merely said that I am not a fan of such a setup.

it's not news that you can still think your way out of basically any situation. but to say that they didn't and it's not granted is still not fair.
Apr 7, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
TomDay said:
wakka9ca said:

it's not news that you can still think your way out of basically any situation. but to say that they didn't and it's not granted is still not fair.

I hope the titans eat you you lowly human

im a shiki supporter

Apr 11, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
Kill Sunako already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
If the villagers didn't go on this kill spree they all would have been killed at some point. Do they just stand by to be slaughtered and do nothing? I don't think so.

I get that Seishin doesn't want to kill, but he doesn't get why the villagers stormed in and killed those people? They killed them because YOU RAN THERE HARBORING SUNAKO!!!!

Sorry but the vamps started this slaughter and now the food is fighting back.
Jan 2, 2017 7:26 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't think the monk would be this retarded, good job, you just caused the death of your family for a stupid little girl.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 28, 2017 3:53 AM

Aug 2016
Oh, Masato's Older Sister is a badass!!! and she is hot... She has become my favorite character as well as that Old Man who killed his son and the head priest.
that stupid monk had it coming.....
he even sacrificed his family for "Vampires"
I hope he die horrible death, I hope the doctor is the one who will execute him
May 9, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2016
The whole situation is just messed up :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2017 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
The people are going bat shit crazy!
Jul 20, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2016
How am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Do humans turn into piranhas and go into an uncontrollable frenzy when eating? Do humans lose control and kill the hen when they need an egg or a cow when they need milk?

Enough of this pretentious philosophical babble, for all its bullshit, you remove the shiki's human-like appearance with say, an insect-like appearance and I'm sure most people would not be as sympathetic.

And like another person commented, I feel ashamed to not have thought about it, if they were so angst ridden about their need to kill to survive, why don't they keep the shiki numbers low? Hmmm? Okay, maybe killing other shiki when they rise up is not better, so then, I suggest having a spotter that stops the blood sucking when it becomes life threatening to the human and that also means no more shiki rising as well. Go pester some annoying eco-warrior communes, I am sure they are more than happy to provide blood. The vampires are going after children and elderly people as well, knowing they may not survive, why do we have to draw up a new code of morals when it pertains to vampires?

Then there's the issue in which the community is ruled like a vicious syndicate. People did not choose to become vampires, and when they decide to not drink blood they are threatened to be dragged out into the sun, at least this is what the anime describes. These guys are not even allowed to exile themselves and find other like-minded communities that want to minimise human deaths and create a more sustainable future coexisting with humans. They are forced to be a foot soldier in creating a shiki only village. They are blackmailed with their families lives if they do not do as commanded. They are forced to go after their families or best friends, they are given false promises of protecting their human families, when in the end, the final plan is to have no humans alive. So they are even lying and manipulating their own kind using terror and human shields.

If you keep your numbers low, you keep your population easily sustainable, no threat to your community, no threat to mankind, no humans drained to the point of death. The more 'werewolf' kind, the better.

Seriously, if you think about it beyond what narrative we're fed, to feel sorry for the vamps and balance the sides of morality, you cannot help but condemn the shiki, they are a failed race who do not even seriously plan their society to survive long term. Got too greedy and got burnt in the end.

Okay another point, this is an invasion! Are we supposed to support the invaders? Oh oops, those silly Nazis and imperial Japanese, they just need living space and resources. That all justifies civilian genocide, human experimentation, bio warfare, organised rape etc. They are just surviving!
Cloud_IllusionJul 20, 2017 7:29 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Oct 11, 2017 7:50 AM
Oct 2015
Honestly fuck the villagers. I wish they would have died.
Apr 24, 2019 6:31 AM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for the monk's family, they got kill although they're innocent but it was that monk's fault anyway. But I feel bad for Sunako too. Ahhh having conflicts here

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 11:46 PM

May 2008
And now we see mob rule at its finest.

Rosny said:
How am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Do humans turn into piranhas and go into an uncontrollable frenzy when eating? Do humans lose control and kill the hen when they need an egg or a cow when they need milk?

Actually, humans kinda do. Even humans, seriously starving, will go into a frenzy. A lot of their morality goes out the window in the presence of food or drink. That's why some humans tend to eat other humans or any living thing (bugs!) when trapped or out of resources. Why humans eat dirt and mud when they're starving. Just like Ritsuko didn't fall to bloodlust, some humans also don't either and die instead.

And they don't kill hens to get the egg, they kill the hen to EAT the hen. Your analogy is dumb lol. Stop acting like humans are somehow immune to the same impulses.

TomDay said:
vivichi said:

I think it's only natural that the shikis need to kill humans in order to live, it's just like us humans have to kill animals to feed ourselves.

vegan anyone?

i love animals, i even consider them better than humans, but to say that "Well, it's ok to feed yourself on humans since humans do it to animals" is wrong.

since humans are not animals. the end.

or else animals that eat humans can also go on trial and go to jail. you cannot make animals and humans the same thing. and like i said, humans can survive their whole lives not eating a single piece of animal meat.

the shiki have no leg to stand on when they use that excuse. they are filth that need to die.

Except you're wrong. Veganism works only for a small portion of people. Everyone else tends to get really sick and almost die on the diet. So, no, "humans can survive their whole lives not eating a single piece of animal meat." That's completely untrue and you should feel bad for typing that. Not all diets work for everyone; some do better ONLY on animal meat. Humans are omnivores, get over it.

And humans ARE animals. Just because they can't speak our language doesn't mean humans are aliens, completely different from the rest. That's not how evolution works. Or did you miss all the studies about all the animals capable of remembering and learning human-like tasks? Freaking seriously, you're no better than shikis thinking you're somehow better simply by being human.
SakariiMay 27, 2019 11:58 PM
Jun 3, 2019 6:50 PM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:

Except you're wrong. Veganism works only for a small portion of people. Everyone else tends to get really sick and almost die on the diet. So, no, "humans can survive their whole lives not eating a single piece of animal meat." That's completely untrue and you should feel bad for typing that. Not all diets work for everyone; some do better ONLY on animal meat. Humans are omnivores, get over it.

And humans ARE animals. Just because they can't speak our language doesn't mean humans are aliens, completely different from the rest. That's not how evolution works. Or did you miss all the studies about all the animals capable of remembering and learning human-like tasks? Freaking seriously, you're no better than shikis thinking you're somehow better simply by being human.

humans are mammals. that's it. get over it.
Jun 6, 2019 2:45 PM

May 2008
TomDay said:

humans are mammals. that's it. get over it.

Which make them animals, LOL. You'll get it one day.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Nov 4, 2010

407 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

191 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Aug 12, 2010

189 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.